[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OK /g/ The time has come. I have a Samsung Note 3 What do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6

File: 3567576575673657567.jpg (55KB, 560x614px) Image search: [Google]
3567576575673657567.jpg
55KB, 560x614px
OK /g/

The time has come.

I have a Samsung Note 3

What do you recommend for my new phone?

Nexus 6P?
>>
>>52490712
I like my 6p

Autists who have never seen one in person will probably shit up this thread.
>>
>>52490730
A friend has one and claims it's "slow" and shitty battery

I think he is retarded
>>
>>52490712
shite phone
Iphone 6s PLUS BABY!
>>
>>52490797
But apple is for fags
>>
>>52490763
I regularly get at least 5:30 sot everyday and speed hasn't been a issue. for some reason clover is the only app that runs like shit, probably the app's fault.
>>
>>52490828
so why aren't you using it then?
>>
>>52491247
:( it's too expensive and shitty specs
>>
>>52490712
OPO
>>
>>52491449
sucks poorfag
>>
>>52491622
Just make sure you keep making those monthly payments to AT&T
>>
>>52490712
Lumia 950xl
>8-core processor
>1440p screen
>3gb ram
>the chance to use wangblows 10 without fucking up your pc
>>
>>52491725
>8 core
but why
>>
nexus 6p
>>
The Nexus 5 is dirt cheap and still the best phone on the market.
>>
>>52490712
Zenphone
>>
>>52491747

>2016
>not having an 8 core processer in your cell phone
>>
>>52492387
I want either this or a 640, but I can't find these dirt cheap nexus prices, and I'm still not sure if the cheap 640 will work with Orange 4G. Help me please.
>>
>>52491698
AT&T? lmaoo I bought my unlocked senpai str8 from apple. Stay mad poorfag
>>
Also a Note 3 user and thinking of upgrading too.
Phones i thought of getting where the Sony xperia z5, LG V10 and the Huawei Mate S.
Ultimatly decided to wait for the next phones this year with thenew SD 820 processors. I mean my Note 3 still works perfectly fine and i just replaced the battery.
>>
>>52493510
>With the iPhone Upgrade Program™ you too can have a new iPhone every year, your friends will never know you're on EBT! Payment plans starting at $32/month, apply now.
>>
>>52491067
FLOENSSSSSSS
>>
At this point in the game, I'd just wait til fall, OP.

I have an s6 and plan to jumo ship as soon as the new nexus comes along.

Praying for 5", massive battery, good camera.
>>
The V10 is pretty nice if you're into a quality camera and a FP sensor
>>
>>52493843
you seem very knowledgeable in that area.

Ordered on Jan 08, 2016

We’ll email you as your items become available for pickup.

Items to Be Picked Up

See Complete Order Details

Available today. We'll notify you when these items are ready.
iPhone 6s Plus 64GB Gold

iPhone 6s Plus 64GB Gold
$849.00"

Stay poor
>>
>>52490712
You better know how to take care of a smartphone, because the 6P is a cheap made piece of shit. It's the best Android functioning phone out there, but the quality of it ruins the reason why I didn't buy one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTIaUH6PIvo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3cWVdLqXCg
>>
>>52494090
Not him, but is that a lot of money or something? I mean, I get that "Android is for poorfags" is one of the last legs you guys have to stand on, but really, a sub $1000 purchase isn't that big of a deal for a lot of people, especially if you know about it beforehand.

I bought a 128gb Nexus 6P on an absolute whim, but I don't think that having ample spending money makes me "more intelligent", or whatever you Applefags seem to imply.

Also bought a $750ish G-Sync monitor on a whim, but once again, who cares?

I'll admit that I saved for a couple weeks to buy my two 980tis, but hey, $1500 was more than i felt comfortable spending in a single pay period.

Anyway, what was your point again?
>>
>>52490712

Do you try to bend your phones like the guy in the video?
>>
>>52494090
>Welcome to chase online payment portal™! Your account balance is $12,396.70, minimum payment due this month is $35. This month only: Earn an extra 5% RewardBux™ on all Apple.com™ purchases!
>>
Have fun with your whites looking yellow, if you're autistic like me that will drive you crazy.
>>
File: 547yhrtuyhrf.png (145KB, 224x242px) Image search: [Google]
547yhrtuyhrf.png
145KB, 224x242px
>>52494277
>>
>>52494218
This post, and those videos (as we discussed months ago when they came out), are absolute bullshit. In an office with like 10 developers, 3 of us have 6Ps (two with small kids), and neither of us have had any problems whatsoever with these phones.

Honestly, it doesn't really matter what phone you have. If you mishandle it frequently, get a case and screen protector. My fiance has an iPhone 6 with a small case, and still managed to fracture the screen. Meanwhile, my 6P is in mint condition because I actually treat my electronics with respect.

>>52494277
el oh el. Probably the case. That anon should post his credit score or something.
>>
I'm in a fairly similar situation to OP's, only its kinda like that:
I have an SGSIV now, which I'm fucking fed up with.
I'm a poorfag eastern european college student, can afford to spend a 400-450 euros on a smartphone tops.
Ihave one priority for choosing a phone - I want it to get newest androids as much as is possible, so I'm in for Nexus.
What my dilemma is - should I wait for discounts on 6P, or get a 5X and be squared with it? Would they get the same amountof support by new android versions?
>>
any old nokia phone that doesn't cost more than 20$, good call quality and will last 10 more years than any shiny shink phone you will waste your money on.
>>
>>52494407
I've heard the 5X is pretty damn good, save the crappier battery life. I'd imagine they'll both get similar support.

>>52494445
>hurrr, i hate new technology. what a waste of money! society should be stuck in the early 90s!
>>
>>52490712
Moto x force
>>
>>52494471
>>hurrr, i hate new technology. what a waste of money! society should be stuck in the early 90s!

I just find that buying a 400$+ peice of plastic that will be destroyed after its first drop pretty fucking retarded.
>>
iPhone 6S
lagdroid is for pajeets
>>
>>52494521
>plastic
>destroyed after first drop

You know, I take it back. You aren't an idiot, just misinformed. Sorry, anon.

Anyway, many high end phones these days aren't even "plastic". They are either metal or a highly durable polycarb. Furthermore, saying something will "be destroyed after its first drop" is kind of misleading, no? I mean, if you drop a phone repeatedly from the arm of a couch onto a carpeted floor, chances are high that nothing will happen. Granted, if you drop a caseless phone from a height of 6 feet onto the pavement, yeah, shit might break.

But this is all skirting the issue that OF COURSE a nokia is cheap and won't break as easily. its feature set is essentially nonexistent compared to a modern high-end smart phone (or any smart phone, for that matter). If all your concerned with is price and durability, I think you'd be better off just carrying around a block of aluminum.
>>
>>52494471
What'd with the bat life BTW? I do have a 10 000mAh powerbank, and a place to get shit charged, so if it can sustain about a day of 3G connection and/or WiFi, plus music and maybe books (until I get a Kindle or something) - it's fine.
>>
>>52494562
Who the fuck's a pajeet anyway?
>>
>>52494598
>I think you'd be better off just carrying around a block of aluminum.
Actually, aluminium cases for phones do exist. No idea about how they'd impact the capaility to recieve GSM/WiFi signals, but they do.
>>
File: 1.jpg (499KB, 2829x1407px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
499KB, 2829x1407px
>>52494618
>I do have a 10 000mAh powerbank, and a place to get shit charged

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZkERB6dU_Y

I've got a little black book with my poems in
I've got a bag with a toothbrush and a comb in
When I'm a good dog they sometimes throw me a bone in
I got elastic bands keeping my shoes on
Got those swollen hand blues.
Got thirteen channels of shit on the T.V. to choose from
I've got electric light
And I've got second sight
I've got amazing powers of observation
And that is how I know
When I try to get through
On the telephone to you
There'll be nobody home
I've got the obligatory Hendrix perm
And I've got the inevitable pinhole burns
All down the front of my favourite satin shirt
I've got nicotine stains on my fingers
I've got a silver spoon on a chain
I've got a grand piano to prop up my mortal remains
I've got wild staring eyes
I've got a strong urge to fly
But I've got nowhere to fly to
Ooooh Babe when I pick up the phone
There's still nobody home
I've got a pair of Gohills boots
And I've got fading roots.
>>
>>52494618
Should be fine for a day's light-mid use with no charging. I use my 6P as a music player most of the day, and browse on the commute to and from work, and I usually have like 50-60% by the end of the day. I'd imagine you'd be at around 20% on the 5X with those sorts of usage patterns. Granted, that didn't stop me from carrying a C-Type adapter around with me. Better to be safe than sorry.
>>
>>52494786
What you speak of sounds like my SGSIV. Kind of hard to believe 5X has got such crappy power management. However, there's also the fact that 6P is huge-ass, and I feel like getting used to it after a 5.2 screen would be a pain - I even fear it won't fit in muh skinnies' front pockets comfortably.
>>
>>52494952
Before the 6P, I used a Z3C. I thought the phone would be way too big for me (even with large hands), but honestly, after the first couple days, it stopped seeming all that big. Now other phones seem small by comparison.

Fitting into pockets can be a problem, especially if you wear skinny-ish pants. These days, i usually just throw it into a buttoned coat pocket.
>>
>>52495001
Oh well. I just checked the prices at my local sellers - 6P is above my budget, period. Unless I find a way to get it cheaper - I dunno, AliExpress maybe, although it doesn't seem to be trustworthy at all, or maybe I can get it through my aunt in the US for a budget price - I guess I'm down with 5X.
>>
>>52490712
Yes get the nexus 6p
>>
>>52495106
Sounds like a good plan to me. I haven't heard anything "bad" about the 5X, only that its battery is sort of crappy compared to the 6P. I think its about on par with the original 5, and that wasn't all that bad for me. Might have to bust out a charger at work occasionally, but nothing terrible.
>>
>>52491067
I know at least the tester version of clover is slow as shit and freezes therefore making you lose your progress
>>
>>52495320
It never really crashes, just loads images slower and will sometimes freeze when loading img/webm and you just have to back out of the file view to unfreeze. No issues posting. Pretty annoying considering my galaxy s4 did not have these issues, something about the app must not be optimized for the 6p.
>>
>>52490712
Note 3
>>
>>52493843
You do realize the payment plans require good credit, right?
>>
>>52494232
I didn't say that was alot of money you fool, read the thread.
>>52494277
You're busting my ass anon stop.
>>52494300
Just started building credit. I've been a neet until 3 months ago where I finally got a job.
>>
File: BATTERY.png (814KB, 2171x3850px) Image search: [Google]
BATTERY.png
814KB, 2171x3850px
>>52493900
>>52495320
Clover 2.1.0 crashed a lot for me

It's fixed with 2.1.2, get it from github (search Floens clover github and go to the releases section to download the APK).

>>52495150
>>52495106
5X is great. If I use it a lot i get 6 hours of SoT on a charge, over a 24 hour period off the charger. Sometimes I go a couple days without charging like today, with less SoT but more standby. Standby is amazing with doze, just tweak the settings so it activates even when the device is moving and you're golden.

I'm toying with the idea of flashing a custom kernel like ElementalX to see how far I can push the device.

Pic related is a day when I actively used the phone and pushed for more SoT. Also includes time where I streamed music from Spotify.
>>
>>52496200
>your typical "poorfag!" poster
>>
so my carrier in yurop is offering me these 3 phones and all 3 are same price
Z5 compact, Z3 compact, and galaxy alpha
which one?
>>
>>52496359
I get slightly better SoT on a year old lgg2. Feels good senpai
>>
buy a 6p or nothing you fucking cunt.
fuck samshit
fuck crapple
fuck winshit mobile

6p master race mother fuckers
>>
File: 12366322.jpg (47KB, 773x539px) Image search: [Google]
12366322.jpg
47KB, 773x539px
>>52496359
Why is koma-chan so sad?
>>
Just bought the original nexus 6 on amazon for $250. If you're ok with a hueg phone it's awesome for the price.
>>
>>52498856
All the disgusting pedophiles that are after her
>>
File: 1371695216722.jpg (151KB, 1000x1169px) Image search: [Google]
1371695216722.jpg
151KB, 1000x1169px
>>52497496
If you've unlocked the bootloader and installed a decent ROM and are running Marshmallow I have nothing against you.

>>52498856
It's because she is forced to wear the bear suit and is embarrassed.
>>
>>52493415
>BUT MUH SPECS
>>
>>52494218
>Being this autistic
You know he's a body builder?
or you believe everything you read on the internet?
>>
>>52491247

rekt
>>
>>52494521
>being this misinformed
Come out of your parents basement once in a while
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.