[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's -23c outside. If I put my computer outside my window

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

It's -23c outside. If I put my computer outside my window (My window is at ground level) will it cause any damage?
>>
p. sure condensation is bad for computer parts m9.
>>
>>52489979
Be careful it doesn't condensate and damage the internals.

Its up to you at the end of the day OP.
>>
>>52489988
>>52490001
When it's that cold is it even still a risk?
I thought the water capacity of air dropped to almost nothing when it gets cold.
>>
Technically no.
But when the computer warms up you will get condensation and that will kill your computer.

If you put it outside and leave it outside then unless it gets rained on it should be fine.
Just turn it off and warm it back to room temperature before turning it back on if you bring it back indoors. Ideally unplug it too, cold things into warm air = condensation on the cold things. The computer will be like a glass of cold beer on a warm day
>>
>>52490032

Not all parts of your computer will get uniformly hot.
>>
>>52490032
The problem is the interaction between warm air and cold computer.
It's not the case that cold things always equals condensation, it's that water in warm air condenses onto cold things because the air loses heat when contacting the cool thing, losing water capacity and therefore dumping the water onto the cold thing.
>>
>>52489979
If your computer is overheating, you should do something about it and change case/cooling instead of nigger-rigging makeshift solutions.
If your computer is not overheating, you won't gain anything by putting it outside.

Falling snow may melt and become a water, water is bad for computer. It's also possible that water will condense on metal parts after taking it back to your room.

It's just a bad idea.
>>
>>52490001

public service announcement: the verb form of condensation is not condensate much like the verb form of conversation is not conversate
>>
>>52490032
>I thought the water capacity of air dropped to almost nothing when it gets cold.
depends where you live, humidity isn't always related to temperature.
>>
Condensation is a thing.
>>
File: 1406093342744.jpg (197KB, 787x783px) Image search: [Google]
1406093342744.jpg
197KB, 787x783px
>it's a /g/ thinks they're /sci/ episode
>>
>>52491264
>common sense is science
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.