[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.neowin.net/news/microsof t-said-to-be-announcing-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: lumia-650_story.jpg (42KB, 760x428px) Image search: [Google]
lumia-650_story.jpg
42KB, 760x428px
http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-said-to-be-announcing-lumia-650-on-february-1-reported-to-be-the-last-lumia

IT'S OVER, MICROSOFT IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT
>>
I think I speak for most people and the general widows phone sentiment in the world when I say, literally who caress.
>>
Winbabbies on suicide watch.
We told you your shitty mobile OS was going nowhere.
We told you.
>>
Win phone is good but nobody buys it.
>>
>>52468196
Hmm, wasn't a Microsoft official talking about the need for a Surface phone recently, and people got confused about what the difference would be from a Lumia?

Oh, it's right there in the article.
>What is perhaps more interesting is the claim that the 650 will be the 'last Lumia', with Microsoft said to be focusing future handset development solely on the rumored 'Surface Phone'.

But seriously, what would be the difference?
>>
>>52468462
It's going to be Android based.
>>
>>52468196
I am no open sores guy,but even I did expect this.They were too late into the market.
As desktops are used less and less by consumers microsoft is trying to focus on being a desktop and server alternative,both of which is dominated by mac and linux respectively.
They don't care about WP.Somewhere I hoped they would make an Android phone like BB and Amazon did but that did'nt happen.
>>
>>52468454
Loonix fags says the same about Linux
>>
>>52468454
Sailfish is better but nobody uses it.
>>
>>52468494
Hey, shut the fuck up and get the fuck out of my thread if you have nothing useful to say.
>>
>>52468494
Linux is free tho.
>>
>>52468499
Kek
Winbaby in suicide watch
>>
>>52468196
>Blackberry outlives Windows Phone

kek
>>
>>52468520
Thats why it dominates everything expect desktops
>>
File: 1451920125712.jpg (9KB, 208x210px) Image search: [Google]
1451920125712.jpg
9KB, 208x210px
>>52468532
>superior thing outlives inferior thing
whodathunk
>>
>What is perhaps more interesting is the claim that the 650 will be the 'last Lumia', with Microsoft said to be focusing future handset development solely on the rumored 'Surface Phone'.

ebin 'doesn't read the link' meme :^)
>>
Just bought a 640. Wonderful phone.

Doubt Windows Phone is going anywhere, they are still working on the Surface Phone.
>>
>>52468196
Finally x86 phones are coming
>>
>>52468196
Wasn't that the plan in the first place? I thought this was obvious because of the Surface Phone
>>
>>52468196
One less dull ass smartphone slab...like every other smartphone slab...

Yeah big fucking loss.
>>
>>52468196
>>52468598
>implying Microsoft does not want any traces of Nokia and its former brands such as Lumia on its newer and upcoming products anymore
>>
>>52468476
Not a chance in hell.

And Microsoft finished and bankrupt? Also, no chance in hell.

What is happening, however, is that in part of the sale of the handset business, the Lumia brand was exclusive to Microsoft for I think 3 or 4 years, and then could be reclaimed by Nokia.

This is simply Microsoft transitioning devices back to their own branding.

WP isn't going anywhere. That being said, I'd love to see WP 10 on a Galaxy Note. Why spend money on the infrastructure for hardware when you can simply sell software.
>>
>>52468779
>Zenfone 2
>>
SURFACE PHONES NEXT???????????
>>
>>52468997
Zenfone 2 is nice in theory but battery is shit. Intel improved their chips energy consumption a lot since then.
>>
>>52468497

Sailfish works on literally one (shitty) phone. If you could actully install the OS on other phones, maybe somebody would start using it.
>>
File: 1445902293119.jpg (22KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1445902293119.jpg
22KB, 250x250px
>mfw snapdragon 210
I'm glad I picked a 640 for $40.
>>
>>52468462
The difference would probably be branding. No one bothers with Lumia phones. A rebrand would have every one at least interested in the new shiny.
>>
what if nokia used lumia brand on their android devices?
>>
>>52470464
It's basically the same
>>
>>52468196
I sincerely hope that Nokia buys Jolla and starts using Sailfish on phones. We've lost years to this Windows Phone bullshit that could have been put towards the more promising software stack.

Windows is a burning platform.
>>
>>52470903
They can't, they don't own the name. They also don't make any devices. You're literally buying some shitty chink brand that paid Nokia to have their logo put on their crappy phone or tablet.
>>
>>52468196
I haven't ever used windows phone and probably never will but it's still nice to have more choices in the smartphone department
A shame they're dying, my brother has a windows phone and he says it's very fluid
>>
their only hope is to get actual windows working on phones somehow keeping it easy to use. That might get people interested.
>>
>>52471320
will it have cortana?
if no
>dropped
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.