[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CompTIA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1452610652405.jpg (91KB, 600x589px) Image search: [Google]
1452610652405.jpg
91KB, 600x589px
I need some advice /g/. Im 19 and decided I wanted to go into some sort of IT/computer related field. It would be my dream to eventually be a Penetration tester. I do have a decent amount of experience for someone who's never formally studied these topics. Im starting out with the CompTIA A+ certification and plan to then get the CompTIA Network+ and then CompTIA Security+, am I going in the right direction? Advice? Comments? Thoughts?

Pic Unrelated
>>
Also, What steps should I take after that? I figured the CompTIA Server+ and a computer forensics course would be helpful
>>
Lookup the certs from the Kali Linux developers, Offensive Security... Those make a much more specific skill visible...
>>
>>52468316
Thank you, I'll look into it. I run on Ubuntu now but is it worth running Kali to mess around with or just should I wait until I'm more seasoned in the field? Is it worth messing with?
>>
>>52467907

CEH is a popular entry level certification for penetration testing. Comptia Security+ is more theoretical.

You will also need to learn programming if you're serious about getting into the field. I recommend having C, Assembly and Python on your "to-learn-list".
>>
>>52468495
Just run it off of a USB or through a VM.
That's what I'm doing, anyway.
>>
>>52470302
also, if you intend to be a skriddie before doing any big-time stuff you CAN pass on programming "4 real" and rely on basic bash and python for automation

it's not recommended to stay that way for too long tho as you will hit roadblocks eventually
>>
If you have the money, aim for the OSCP PWK. It's specifically aimed at pen testing and you are given access to a lab environment where you can practice on 50 different machines.

I've taken both the CEH and the Sec+ and can attest at the shittiness of those certs. Yes, they will get you through HR, but the content within both of those tests is an absolute joke. It really is a money grab from CompTIA and EC-Council.
>>
>>52467907
https://danielmiessler.com/blog/build-successful-infosec-career/'

this guide is great, listen to it
>>
Here are all the answers. Look up which exam you're going to do and just memorise a VCE file, it's what everyone does anyway. http://www.examcollection.com/

Don't pay for anything there, just login with http://bugmenot.com/ , download a VCE and get yourself a cracked VCE reader.

The system is broken. Everyone cheats, and those that don't only fool themselves thinking they're better.
>>
>>52467907
For entry level:
>Security+
>CEH

Start looking for contracting jobs and once you get enough experience apply for full time gigs.

Then, from here its all up to you. I recommend OSCP, CISSP, CCNA Security. You'll be very valuable candidate with these certs as it is very demanding.
>>
>>52472178
thanks for this
>>
>>52473008
>get yourself a cracked VCE reader.

Cant find one, wtf is going on, there's only one for android and i have a dumbphone
>>
>>52473008
SAUCE ON VCE READER

old vce readers can't read newest databases
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.