[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the biggest problem with apple? Besides from all the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: final_steve-jobs.jpg (2MB, 1240x1754px) Image search: [Google]
final_steve-jobs.jpg
2MB, 1240x1754px
What is the biggest problem with apple? Besides from all the obvious stuff like the removal of the headphone jack for "slimness", what is the biggest problem?
>>
>>52458037
Well, you can always find at least 5 other products better made that run better than an apple product. In turn, they're products are just for the apple sign. People who buy their products know close to nothing about technology.
>>
>>52458073

>Well, you can always find at least 5 other products better made that run better than an apple product.

Such as?

>In turn, they're products are just for the apple sign. People who buy their products know close to nothing about technology.

I'm sorry you're so poor.
>>
File: download (3).jpg (8KB, 235x214px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
8KB, 235x214px
>>52458262
>>
>>52458262
Well I'm not poor an I avoid apple, it's all design. Nothing about it is usable let alone functional for anything other then Facebook.
>>
>>52458262
>I'm sorry you're so poor.

This is why things like iPhone cases have large circular holes. It's so important to let that Apple logo be seen because otherwise you've defeated the purpose of buying that device.

>How will people know that I can afford the newest iPhone?

The worst feeling in the world is knowing that someone else believes that you're poor.

Show that wealth. Buy those products. Everyone will like you.

You
Will
Never
Be
Alone
>>
>apple
>closed source
>proprietary
>overpriced products
>copycat features
>ugly aesthetics
>zero customizability
>literally lead by a faggot
>>
>>52458540
>ugly aesthetics
you have to be joking, surely?

>zero customisability
totally infactual, i customised mine quite a bit when I had it and there were plenty of customisations to had.

but I guarantee you this original comment is coming from a linux bitch, so whatevers.
>>
>>52458582
>you have to be joking
My name isn't "joking"

>cusomised mine quite a bit
What exactly did you customize? Did you manage to change the wallpaper or something?
>>
>>52458582
>linux bitch

Are you actually this retarded or did you not know that OS X is linux?
>>
File: htconea9[1].jpg (98KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
htconea9[1].jpg
98KB, 800x533px
Apple literally copies every single thing they do, add some gimmicky slick slogan to it, and rake in the cash from gullible idiots, while the actually innovators go out of business.

Funny how no matter how bad you think MS or IBM was, now that Apple has been dominate for 5-6 years now actual, real innovation in the consumer tech industry has completely ground to a halt.

Seriously, every "new" consumer tech product these days is a absolute fucking joke, because every company is desperately copying apple, chasing the money, while there's no one left to actually innovate or create real value.
>>
>>52458262
>typical applefag response
>heres you're (you)
>>
>>52458037
I go into the apple store (any) and you cant even demo Beats headphones.
>>
>>52458634
are you retarded
>>
>>52458634
> OS X
> Linux

Bait.
>>
>>52458037
Last I checked you can still get a macbookpro with all the ports. The biggest problem is the price but they are great laptops. I bought a used one cheap in great shape and have never looked back I still have my windows desktop and a backup linux laptop for when I need a wide screen (portable) or doing something I don't want on the MBP. If you can do it in linux you can do it on OS X then some and the UI works better then the glitchy linux ones even though I costomise the shit out of all three. If you can get one do so they are great and probably the most use full computer out their. (not in enterprise though). BTW System admin and photographer / cinematographer.
>>
As an iPhone user coming from android, the biggest problem is the walled gardens in iOS. There's a lot of weird little restrictions across the board that are puzzling. Cant change app defaults, icon arrangements, text-send tones, to name a few.

But my iPhone has been consistently fast and has been usable since the day I got it, which is something I couldnt say about my android. Yeah I miss custom launchers, remodeling my home screen, and running emulators, but the trade-off is decent for me.

As far as everyday usability goes, iOS and Android are functionally the same. I can still do what I like on either platform.
>>
>>52458037
It's overpriced mediocre products - for idiots. There exist social pressures amongst the sheeple that encourage Apple products for social status.

Last Spring, I was browsing a doll thread on /jp/ at my college's library & overheard a girl saying she "might" buy a Macbook. If I wasn't so quiet & afraid to make a scene, I would've slid over & told her why to avoid such crap.
>>
>>52458037
The users.
>>
>>52460363
Maybe she wanted something simple man. Shes paying a premium for a logo but its harder to fuck up OSX. Battery life is decent too. Macbooks are pretty sick for college but not much else.

I cant imagine going full OSX and dumping windows because i like vidya too much.
>>
>>52460411

>>52460363
>Last Spring, I was browsing a doll thread on /jp/ at my college's library & overheard a girl saying she "might" buy a Macbook. If I wasn't so quiet & afraid to make a scene, I would've slid over & told her why to avoid such crap.

counter point
>>
>>52460424
and why should you? it doesn't sound like you need steve jobs to lockdown your device or force you to buy better parts bc/ you would end up with an acer if the decision was still available
>>
>>52460424
Fair enough.
>Macbooks are pretty sick for college but not much else.
I do see lots of people at college using them. If it satisfies their needs, I guess it's good enough for them...even if Apple's got them by the balls.

>>52460440
>counter point
Elaborate. How does that sentence counter my first point?
>>
>>52458037

ITT retarded contrarians.

Apple products are not 'bad', but they are becoming more difficult to defend given the rise of actual decent Windows machines.

For the price of a Macbook 15 Pro you can get the XPS 15, which is smaller, has a dGPU and 4K screen (lel pixels).

But the Pro has better battery life, a faster SSD, and OSX (if that's your thing).

Their Macbook, Mac Minis, and to a large extend, their desktops, are laughable however.
>>
>>52458037
Higher prices on what are ultimately inferior products
Closed source everything
Practically no customizability
Perceived obsolescence
What >>52458664 said about stagnating the field while simultaneously stealing shit from everyone
General kikery (Take the lake of SD card support on iphones for example)

The only reason I have an iphone is because I needed one to use iMessage.
>>
>>52458846
Linux with a GUI stuck on top no?
Any Mac fags know how to basically purge all personal info, cached passwords from a Max OSx before I get rid of it? It's a beauty unit to look at no question about it.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.