[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is AMOLED really the best screen option??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 2015-04-02_09-07-06.105.jpg (197KB, 2878x1619px) Image search: [Google]
2015-04-02_09-07-06.105.jpg
197KB, 2878x1619px
I'm fucking tired of that shitty dirty yellow tint in my fucking whites; can the amoled screen meme die till they get better at this relatively new technology?? It seems like the people that have phones with amoled screen and perfect whites are in the minority, why don't reviewers talk about this more frequently??? The only phone that's doesn't seems to have this problem is the HTC m8 (I don't know if that phone is AMOLED though). It's unacceptable that expensive as fuck devices as the nexus 6p and the Samsung Galaxy s6 suffer from this problem.
>>
Yes AMOLED is the best screen technology, as a LG G4 owner I can say that the Galaxy S6 clearly blows the G4's screen the fuck out
>>
>>52447347
Then uninstall f.lux retard
>>
>>52447347
Having a tint out of the box means it was calibrated badly from the factory. It has nothing to do with the screen technology and you can adjust it to your heart's content with some kernel settings.
>>
>>52447747
What a retard kek
>>
>>52447777
>kernel settings

I'm guessing you need to have have a rooted device to do this, right??
>>
>>52447982
Yes
>>
>>52447777
>Verizon phone
>root
JUST
>>
>>52448014
>Verizon
JUST
>>
>he doesn't have a super AMOLED screen
The whites on this thing are fucking amazing (moto X)
>>
File: 78693.png (38KB, 650x550px) Image search: [Google]
78693.png
38KB, 650x550px
>>52447347
most AMOLED on non-samsung smartphones are still fairly dim. samsung keeps their grade A panels for themselves and sells crap/older stock to other OEMs. only reason I'm still sticking with my N5 is because the AMOLED on the N6 is unusable in sunlight. nexus 6p isn't much better.

but your problem is pretty much calibration on a kernel level. samsung's own AMOLED are in a class of their own.
>>
>>52447347
They are definitely better when it isn't having piss or burn problems.Problem is my Samsung phones have had them in the past.
>>
Recent Samsung AMOLED displays have been consistently rated top tier in color reproduction. Literally the best.
>>
>>52447347
Yes
LG and Samsung are the best at AMOLED screens. The latter being regarded as the #1 choice if you want to go that route.

Every other company is pretty shitty. My Moto X quickly went to piss yellow after a while. Not fun.
>>
But every amoled turns to yellow after a considerable amount of time. Even Samsung
>>
>>52448802
>considerable
Yeah, once the device is a hunk of shit that you biff in the bin.
Or less if you run the screen at 100% brightness like a retard.
>>
I have an amoled Nokia 1020, after two years it's still bright white, your screen was cucked from the factory.
>>
>>52448439
My galaxy s4 has major burn in problems, the screen still looks amazing but the burn in is so bad
>>
>AMOLED
ITT retards who don't realize that the "AM" is a samsung marketing meme. Its fucking OLED you cuckolds
>>
>>52447347
Turn the brightness up a bit OP.
>>
>>52448213
Sony Xperia z3 goes over 600 nits as well but iFags and Galaxy niggers can't handle this.
>>
>>52447347
oled is nice if you don't want to use it in direct sunlight, and you arent on battery
oled just uses way to much power, and has too crappy of a brightness level
plus the annoying "purpling" affect is horrible for movies or games. same with the autism contrast between 100% black and 99.999% black
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.