[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FitBits

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

Who /fitbit/ here?

Been thinking about picking one up. Are they any good? I know that all they really do is just track fitness habits and shit and most people just use them to set personal goals and whatnot, and I've been thinking about getting a smartwatch for similar reasons but I want something more ruggedized. What does /g/ think about them?

>inb4 botnet
>>
>>52447091
>implying /g/ has fitness habits
I'm not sure what to tell you.
>>
>>52447119
Well I wasn't sure if I should've asked /g/ or /fit/ first
>>
I have a Mi Band, i think it's pretty cool, tracking my sleep and the vibrating alarm are my favorite things.
>>
>>52447246
Know anything about the Charge HR?
>>
>>52447091

The flex is pretty cool when combined with a smartphone. The heart rate one is bullshit to the point they are being sued. Requires self discipline, if you have none walk away.
>>
>>52447091
miband and garmin vivofit/vivosmart is way better senpaitachi
>>
>>52447091
I only use one of these to track my sleep
>>
>>52447091
In thinking about getting Mi Band 1S, as it has an heartbeat sensor, but can't find any good English reviews.
>>
>>52447324
>The heart rate one is bullshit to the point they are being sued
How so? Mind linking to source?
>>
Anyone have experience with the much cheaper misfit flash?
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
I owned a Fitbit Surge for about two weeks before I returned that piece of shit.

Instead bought a Microsoft Band 2 which is way better for the same price imo desu senpai
>>
I had a charge for 9 months before the band broke, was fun while it lasted tbqh.
>>
>>52447246
How's the heart rate monitor?
>>
>>52447091
Got it for christmas and I've gotta say, it beat my expectation. I've been jogging since few month ago so it really feels awesome to have all that tracked, along with my sleep schedule and things. Hard to say if it's worth the buy if I were to buy it myself though.
>>
>>52448496
Which model do you have?
>>
>>52447258
works fine, only stays charged a couple days though.
>>
>>52447091
The only people that buy this are:

Cardio bunnies
People that don't workout

TLDR, don't waste your sheckles
>>
>>52448584
Tracking your fitness progress is quite amusing and gets you to do it more frequently.
And if you're an attention whore you can even share "muh run track on faye'sboog"
>>
>>52448625
You didn't read the entire post
>>
>>52448642

I don't get it. Care to explain?
>>
>>52448669
>cardio bunnies
>people that dont workout

Only two people that buy that shit.

Buy it if you want. It works just as good as your phone in your pocket which has a pedometer. Waste cash if YOU want to. Don't ask other people about your money
>>
you are all fat fucks and anyone from /fit/ are homo cumrags, Millennial trash.
>>
Great way to keep track of how much you masturbate.
>>
>>52448692
>calling males cardio bunnies
That's what got me.

It's also a wristwatch. Don't tell me that's also a waste of money and you never bought one.

Also a phone is bulky as fug for running, no heartrate tracking (which I use to determine my running speed).

Sleep tracking - also a nice thing your phone can't do by itself.
>>
>buy it
>use for two weeks
>put into dusty drawer
>never use again

i'm not the only one, it's the hacktivism of fitness, buying it is only symbolic of wanting to improve fitness, it doesn't actually achieve anything on its own
>>
>>52448762
>phone cant sleep track
Phones have had sleep tracking for about three years now.

Know what else has sleep tracking? Your eyes and a clock. Not everyone goes into REM nearly at the same time.
>>
File: snibeti snab.png (47KB, 1104x870px) Image search: [Google]
snibeti snab.png
47KB, 1104x870px
>>52448821
wew lad, gonna need better eyes and a clock then
>>
>>52447091
Not yet.
Give it ten years.
at least.
>>
>>52448838
>resting hr 46
are you in a coma?
>>
>>52447091
its like buying a wallpaper
totally useless
>>
>>52447258
I have one. Mostly use it for sleep tracking and heart rate monitoring (I'm on beta-blockers, have to go in for rate monitoring regularly). It works nicely. Turning off the 'all day sync' greatly increases the battery life. I usually wear it all the time expect when I shower. I throw it on the charger, and by the time I've showered and dressed, it is full charged.
>>
>>52449183
Doing sports makes your resting HR go down
>>
I have a Microsoft band
Those things actually work
Why does Microsoft never advertise their good products
>>
>>52448377
What's better about the Microsoft product?
>>
>>52450305
Colored Touchscreen, UV Sensor, Guided workouts, Music control, Activity reminder, Smartwatch capabilities that actually work.
It has a microphone, so if you happen to own a Windows Phone you can use Cortana from your wrist. (Android user here, never actually tried this feature).

And last but not least: An app that isn't total shit.

>>52450250
They don't even sell it in Europe except GB. Had to order it from Amazon.uk
>>
>>52447091
I've had a flex for a while and its good for what it does, it autotracks sleep and steps.

the app is good enough to get some stuff done, but pair it with a calorie tracker if you're in it for weight loss.

I also have a fitbit surge which is the heartbeat sensor/huge fucking watch

it's alright, i like it better for my purposes as it gives me my heartrate on the fly and i can do pause/play/next on my smartphone from it.

It's not a miracle cure for fatness, but it is a nice tool to help you organize weight loss or fitness.
>>
Charge HR here. Great tool,apart from the band, which peeled. Going to contact fitbit for a replacement
>>
Got a Charge HR on Christmas and been using it alot more than expected. Freaking great battery life. I just put that shit on and aggregate all the stats. It gets addictive and like grinding for exp. It isn't intrusive like Surge, I got mine in Teal and it actually looks pretty great.
>>
>>52447091

charge hr, second best tech only to the kindle 3.
>>
>>52447091
I have a fitbit surge since a year back
the gps in it is redundant but as it has a proper face it's a good "watch", It gets stuck while wearing a shirt - had I bought a new one today I would go with the HR+ for this reason.

This does do more then track my workout though, I read texts on it from sms and whatsapp, see who is calling. It has a timer and alarm functionality. I recharge it once every five days or so.

I like it, it's cheap until a smart watch comes out that's actually worth getting, only two more generations down the line or so.
>>
>>52450531
Thank you anon for this wonderful opinion (I'm serious)
>it gets addictive and like grinding for exp
I like the sound of this. This is probably what I had in mind to begin with
>>
Got a charge HR as well, 4 months ago:
>Pros
+ Getting personal goal gets addictive as shit ('should walk to the shop today for that glorious goal animation')
+ HR is really nice when running
+ Stats aggregation is nice, if you just review the 3/4 runs before you start you know what your good/bad habits are (slowing down too much / starting too fast or slow)
+ Alarms are probably nice, but syncing is too slow for mee to actually use them
+ After calibrating (walk 10km once, run 10km once) I get like 95% accuracy compared to gps

>Cons
- Windows Phone compatibility is shit, syncs slow as fuck and no notifications
- The thing is too thick and hurts my wrist when sleeping, so I dont use sleep tracking (but charge it instead)
- All those idiots wanting to try it on because of the green HR light showing
>>
File: 1451781663786.jpg (32KB, 370x370px) Image search: [Google]
1451781663786.jpg
32KB, 370x370px
>>52452842
>- All those idiots wanting to try it on because of the green HR light showing

Anon, are you going to a rave?
>>
>>52452887
kek

This reminds me of when I went to Thailand back in 2009. I had my old Droid Bionic and a pair of cheap Sennheisers I bought specifically for the trip. Everywhere I went were little kids who wouldn't stop nagging me until they tried them on
>>
>>52447091

I got a Charge just after xmas '14. It functions exactly as claimed and was a good motivator, I guess. I was more active than I would have been without and would always feel guilty if I was going to miss the step goal for whatever reason (only happened 12 times over the year). They're not built very well, however. Mine started to peel/fall apart every 3 months almost on the dot. Customer service are awesome and kept sending me replacement units for free but ehh...if you really want one go with something more durable like the Garmin Vivosmart.
>>
>>52447353
what does it display about your sleep even?
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.