[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.zdnet.com/article/micros oft-updates-support-poli

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: 570px-Botnet.svg.png (100KB, 570x440px) Image search: [Google]
570px-Botnet.svg.png
100KB, 570x440px
http://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-updates-support-policy-new-cpus-will-require-windows-10/

>Going forward, as new silicon generations are introduced, they will require the latest Windows platform at that time for support... Windows 10 will be the only supported Windows platform on Intel's upcoming "Kaby Lake" silicon, Qualcomm's upcoming "8996" silicon, and AMD's upcoming "Bristol Ridge" silicon.

BOTNET
O
T
N
E
T
>>
>>52441644
Shit like this just makes me depressed. It's so obvious no one wants 10, but they just keep shoving it down our throats any way they can. Microsoft has fully embraced the tactics of the jews, but they're not even trying to be subtle about it. The fact that they can strong-arm so hard is frustrating.
>>
>>52441870
200 million devices says people do want it
>>
>>52441910

>ignorant masses
>somehow indicative of anything other than sheer stupidity
>>
>>52441938
>no one wants it other then the 200 million who have it
>they are just ignorant
>>
>>52441938
Or that they gave up being constantly nagged at to upgrade and just said "Fuck it" and clicked the upgrade button just to get it out of their face.
>>
>>52441955
How many of those 200 million do you think are software engineers or computer scientists, i.e. people who actually know what is going on here?
>>
>>52442013
nothing is going on here
>>
>>52441644
So no win 7 on kabylake

Will this apply to AMD Zen too ? I honestly want to avoid win 10 as much as possible. I barely use my win 7 partition anymore.
>>
>>52442028

confirmed shill, fuck off back to containment
>>
>>52441910
Still less than fucking Vista. Stop being retarded.
>>
>>52442056
what do you think is going on?
>>
>>52442053
Bristol Ridge is Carrizo for desktop

It's pretty obvious to anyone that Zen is Win10 only
as far as AMD and Microsoft are concerned, they won't support it on Win7 SP1
>>
>>52441910
>200 million devices says people do want it
>after strong-arm tactics and constant nagging
>still hasn't come even close to eclipsing 7
If people really wanted 10, 7's market share would have dipped a lot, which it hasn't.

Please do go on about all the Enterprise customers who rushed out to upgrade to 10. Oh wait, none of them are. If you read the article you'd know that this is mostly an attempt to force enterprise into windows 10 and consumers are getting caught in the crossfire, conveniently targeted as well.
>>
Someone will figure out how to get the patches to install through windows update regardless. Or you will just see people sideload them. Not exactly the end of the world.
>>
>>52442116
I'm not familiar with amds names for the CPUs so that's why I asked. Its kinda sad tho, I don't want win 7 to go. I guess I'll stick to older CPUs then.
>>
>>52442146
God I hope so. I plan to use 7 until 2020 at the very least, but I don't want to be stuck with weaker hardware. I'm already 4-5 years behind on CPU hardware as is. Was really looking forward to the AM4 motherboards and m.2 and NVMe.
>>
>falling for pajeet level MS shilling
>implying CPU architecture has anything to do with running a specific windows
x86/64 CPUs are OS agnostic. Stupid PR flick of saying we won't be releasing chipset drivers for Win7/8 which can be obtained through 3rd parties anyway.
>>
All the more reason to keep my 2500k forever.
>>
>>52442107
msft using the same exploitative tactics as always to force other vendors to put up with their bullshit
>>
>>52442191
>x86/64 CPUs are OS agnostic.
I was thinking this as well. There shouldn't be any way to stop 7 users. If they introduce some kind of retroactive lockout for certain SKUs, then nothing is to stop someone from uninstalling the update or better yet just not updating immediately until you know what's in the update like anyone who's smart has known for years now.
>>
>>52442191
figure it's more likely they'll use secure boot to lock out non-win10 boot loaders
>>
>>52442277
Flat out disabling the OS until an upgrade is performed would probably get MS sued. The new patches will probably just refuse to install until they are fucked with.
>>
>>52442277
>If they introduce some kind of retroactive lockout for certain SKUs
It's like they learned nothing from their previous antitrust suit.
>>
>>52442326
Pretty sure they are only talking about support as in security updates, not support as in "We won't even let you install older Windows".
>>
>>52441644
One more reason for me to buy a 4790K when I go ahead and build a new computer.
>>
>>52441644
>2019 - 5 + 2
>still using windows

wat?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.