[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Almost a third of U.S. consumers on Windows 10

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 10

File: Windows_10_build_10240_(RTM).png (66KB, 421x236px) Image search: [Google]
Windows_10_build_10240_(RTM).png
66KB, 421x236px
> Survey says: Almost a third of U.S. consumers on Windows 10

> About 30% of the survey's respondents who confirmed they had a Windows PC said they were running Windows 10, compared to approximately 27% who tapped Windows 8 and 28% who named Windows 7.

> Windows 10's user satisfaction was impressively high: Of those who said they have the new operating system, just over 60% picked "favorable" or "very favorable" when asked their take.

> About 1 in 10 said Windows 10 had left an "unfavorable" or "very unfavorable" impression.

http://www.computerworld.com/article/3022877/microsoft-windows/survey-says-almost-a-third-of-us-consumers-on-windows-10.html?#comments

People L O V E Windows 10, /g/. Why don't you love it. It's the best OS. Ok? Please install Windows 10 CERTIFIED by Microsoft.
>>
>>52440095
>It's the best OS
That's debatable and most likely false.
>>
>>52440115
It is the best Windows, and windows is superior to linux, so.....
>>
>>52440135
>windows is superior to linux
Again debatable.
You also haven't taken OS X into consideration.
>>
>>52440115
People are so happy with it. It must be. You should try it.
>>
>>52440170
Apple is worse than Microsoft with its jewry. It is sad but true.
>>
>>52440176
I have tried it, it's more annoying to use and the new features that seem interesting aren't well implemented. I rather stick to my Windows 7 that doesn't have the telemetry or "windows 10 forcefully installer".
As my main OS I've been liking Hackintosh way more.
>>
>>52440226
>I rather stick to my Windows 7 that doesn't have the telemetry
I'd like to know if the telemetry is limited to MS provided apps only. Like how Firefox calls home.
>>
I used it, I liked it at first because it was pretty but gog damn was that thing unstable. I had to downgrade to 7, but that's just me. I think it's a piece of shit.

Doesn't hurt to try.
>>
>>52440170
No need Osx is for faggots
>>
>>52440259
Would be better to just block the updates.
>>
>>52440209
Let me remind you that Microsoft asks more money on their Microsoft licensed hardware, just look at a Surface Book compres to a Macbook and ontop of that ask money for their software, since they are a software company. Apple gives out their productivity bundle for free, Microsoft requires you to pay for a subscription or pay a large amount for a single version. On top of that OS X is free (including updates), Windows still costs money, only the upgrade to Windows 10 is free until the 29th of July.
>>
>>52440226
>I rather stick to my Windows 7 that doesn't have the telemetry
Except MS backported the telemetry to 7 and 8/.1
:^)
>>
>>52440282
compared to*
>>
>>52440290
I disabled updates well beforehand, funny nose anon.
>>
>>52440290

You imply that I update my box.

I never update like fags as you.

:)
>>
>>52440314
>being vulnerable due to no security updates
;^)
>>
File: 1428525135606.jpg (18KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1428525135606.jpg
18KB, 480x270px
>David Ihnat

>This is not plausible. I'm an active consultant with over 40 years in the field, and have a wide range of contacts both in business and personal use. I know nobody who has voluntarily upgraded to Windows 10; several have inadvertently done so, and are universal in their complaints about problems with peripheral and especially update problems. Many, once they are apprised of the intrusive nature of Microsoft's snooping, and the potential for advertising embedded in the OS, are outraged.

>The underlying engine may be sound--it appears so--but until Microsoft fixes their update and security policies, I'm advising everyone to wait until the last possible moment to make the decision to move to Windows 10.

If you say so OP
>>
>>52440328
I only use my windows 7 for muh gaymes.
>>
>>52440282
M$ is pretty developer friendly now that they offer Visual Studio for free for small companies.
A legit copy used to be pretty damn costly.
And they recently enabled sideloding for WP
>>
>>52440282
OS X is also something I've been wanting to get my hands on for some time, I have used windows and am using Arch Linux right now. I tried hackintosh-zone on my laptop, but there were no kext files available for my wifi and sound card. But I'm getting a Macbook soon. And yeah, there are plenty of good things about OS X, but what makes it really intriguing for me is that it's based on Unix, so I could experiment with that on OS X instead of just GNU/Linux.
>>
>>52440345
>games
fucking manchid
>>
>>52440345
I hope you are behind 7 proxies. There have been plenty of remote access exploits that don't require you to run code.
>>
I've tried it. It sucked. Slow shitty dumbed down interface, designed by retards for retards and grannies. Literally babyOS feel, and no advantage to win7. Also nice thumbnail OP.
>>
>>52440360
Same person here, also, it will give me experience with another operating system.
>>
>>52440360
You can easily get homebrew on it. Pretty neat for experimenting.
>>
>>52440095
Windows has been a pain for me its an unfinished OS, here's some tibits from a clean install I did

Issue #1: CPU locked at 2.5ghz (mobile chip fyi) and I cannot edit the CPU governor via power settings E.I. maximum and minimum state options do not show up anywhere in the advance settings to change this, works on my desktop and worked with 8.1 on my laptop but is missing in 8.1

Issue #2: CPU hyper threading/turbo boost not working, again on my laptop both are enabled in the bios and working in Linux but are absent in Windows 10 which is REALLY weird, googling this will not bring the issue that I'm having due to google thinking I want to disable it in bios or something

Issue #3: right clicking the task bar application icons text and icons missing, so you know when you right click firefox or windows explorer or even steam icon on the task bar a bunch up option pop up in a context menu? well the text and icons will be missing at times and its really frustrating since I have to manually restart explorer.exe.

Windows 8.1 had NON of these problems, nor should shit like this be present
>>
>>52440395
That's what I wanted to do, and I think there's another thing you can add similar to homebrew that adds more things. It sounds really fun and useful to do/learn.
>>
>>52440393
>DX12
>faster boot up
>much better task manager
>much better file copy dialog
just a few
>>
As an autisitc child in deep needs I LUV WIN 10 THRESHOLD

Like Playdoh...
>>
>>52440328
>>being vulnerable due to no security updates
You can block just the telemetry updates.
>>
>>52440428
>DX12
not a gayman
>faster boot up
haven't noticed
valid point
nah
>>
>>52440428
Those are all in Windows 8.1 as well.

>DX12
DX10
>>
Because it's totally not due to GWX basically going "fuck your shit, you're updating and you will like it."
>>
>>52440468
The boot up is faster because it's a hybrid hibernation. The programs and services get killed like normal, but the base system goes into hibernation

>nah
Yah

>>52440475
Yes, but Windows 10 is arguably better than Windows 8.1, especially when comparing the points he mentioned

DX12 will/does bring some amazing shit tho
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 198x198px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 198x198px
>>52440428
Oh boy a new file copy dialog, I must upgrade now, goodbye privacy
>>
>>52440510
The guy said no advantages

I listed a couple off the top of my head
>>
>>52440510
Task manager is better too.
>>
>>52440482
>mfw both of my tech illiterate parents upgraded
At least it is idiot proof if they got trough it.
>>
>>52440510
windosw copy is shit

jewgle for faster alternatives
>>
>>52440509
Windows 10 is also rguibly worse than 8.1. 10 is even less consistent, telemetry and updates which can not be disabled. The only pro that I can think of is that they brought back the "Previous Versions" tab in file properties. The start menu is a joke compared to 7's (just as bad as 8's, only not fullscreen, with broken search also botnet integration).

The "Settings app" is complete garbage and they tied it to everything throughout the OS. In W8 you only have to use Control Panel.
>>
>>52440095
>Rajeesh Kumar
lel
you know where the poo belongs, right?
>>
>>52440095
Thank you Jamal. Your 5$ has been deposited to your account.
>>
File: 1433193277064.jpg (53KB, 767x411px) Image search: [Google]
1433193277064.jpg
53KB, 767x411px
>>52440095
>>
File: 1435349427728.png (416KB, 623x527px) Image search: [Google]
1435349427728.png
416KB, 623x527px
>>52440428
>DX12
no games yet. irrelevant

>faster boot up
too many variables to consider this objectively true

>using the default task manager

kek seriously? what kind of totally super important information does it display?
>>
>>52440095
>Rajeesh Kumar
Go fucking poo in the loo you disgusting piece of shit winnigger
>>
>>52440404
is 8.1 a worthwhile upgrade from 7? i've honestly been considering it and would likely pirate it
>>
>>52444191
It's a downgrade from 7.
>>
>>52440328
> Trusting Microsoft security updates
>Not trusting telemetry by Microsoft
What's even the point?
>>
My little brother doesn't do anything crazy I just made a low range gaming PC for him and can't decide on keeping 7 for him or just giving him 10
is 10 ANY good now?
>>
File: Untitled.png (54KB, 1915x448px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
54KB, 1915x448px
>>52444539
>Pull up writing panel.
>Draw something.
>Post what it thinks you wrote.
>>
>>52440428
Can you boot faster than Windows XP on a WD Caviar Green? (20 seconds).
>>
>>52440095
Most people's computers had Windows 8 bc normies like to spend $1000 on a laptop every few years
Windows 10 was a much better option for those people
>>
8.1 would be god tier if it had these following things from Win 10.

-Skinny Window borders
-Black theme with white text
-Scroll window while not being focused
-Non-metro start though I don't mind the metro one that much
>>
Windows 10 runs quite well on my HTPC and it runs much better on my tablet than Windows 8 ever did. Still running Windows 7 on my desktop though since I just haven't bothered to upgrade it yet.

Thinking about getting a Lumia 950 as well so I can have Microsoft cocks in all my holes.
>>
File: 1446803226819.png (484KB, 404x600px) Image search: [Google]
1446803226819.png
484KB, 404x600px
>>52440095
>Rajesh Kumar
>>
>>52440428
>"much better task manager"
>not using Process Explorer instead since 15 years
>>
>>52440451
>THRESHOLD

Treshold of hell
>>
>tfw arch is more reliable than windows 10
>>
>>52440170
Linux is literally only good if you know what you're doing.

For the average person Windows is the way to go.
>>
File: Untitled.png (438KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
438KB, 1366x768px
Master Race reporting in.
>>
>>52450533
shit race
>>
>>52450533
What os is that ?
>>
>mainly use PC for gayming
>can't update W7 to reserve a W10 update because telemetry spyware shit
>soon I'll be forced onto W10 one way or another

What do? Should I just install Linux on my uni laptop and do anything I'm not comfortable with doing on Windows on there?
>>
>>52440095
I'm not falling for your made up statistics MS.
>>
>>52450904
That's what I did.
>>
>>52450979
Yeah, seems like the only way. Now to figure out what version of Linux to install, and how to easily copy everything over from the W10 that laptop has at the moment.
>>
>>52450533
enjoy your control panel until they remove it in one of their forced updates
meanwhile windows 8 and 7 users dont have to worry about the shitty Settings app.
>>
>>52440095

Just built my first gaming/HTPC and I have to say, I love it. It's still shit compared to OSX, but getting it installed was easy (compared to other versions) and on a SSD, this thing boots and loads games faster than my PS4.

Would I use it for anything other than movies, music, and games? Fuck no.
>>
>>52450999
Nice trips

If you install Linux in the same machine it has access to the windows partition. So moving your files on the same drive is no problem).

For Linux you can try the most popular ones
*buntu flavor. But if you want to use Ubuntu then you have to remove the amazon bloat that tracks you (will be removed from unity in Ubuntu 16.04).

Also you can try opensuse, Linux mint and many others(Debian, there is so much to chose from). Most of /g/ aspies will hate you for not using arch but don't pay attention to them.
>>
>>52451400
I just want one that won't require any extra time apart from installation. Mint seems good, I'll try it out in VirtualBox beforehand and see.
>>
>>52440095
Many people liking something doesn't make it good
Many people are retards
>>
They don't love it, macroshit is forcing it upon every normie with automatic updates enabled
>>
>>52440209
Is that so? My Mac came with a full office suite, full featured video and editing programs, an e-mail program, and even a program to create music complete with video tutorials.
>>
File: 39002984.jpg (254KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
39002984.jpg
254KB, 1000x1000px
>Work systems harrassing me to upgrade to Windows 10
>The forensic software/hardware we use has issues with Windows 10
Fuck off, Microsoft.
>>
I dislike it, because node-gyp is so shit to use on it.
Nix environments let me pull requirements so much more easy.
>>
>>52451483
>Many people liking something doesn't make it good

Many people like GNU/Linux, apparently.
>>
I LOVE IT
>>
>>52440095
Windows 10 is a buggy mess but at least it's more stable than 8 but not as reliable as 7 I think it's under rated and will be treated like vista hopefully 11 comes out soon and removes kebabnet
>>
THIS THREAD IS RELEVANT TO ME

I just got a new harddrive (samsung 850 evo) and I need to install an operating system on it. I tried pirating windows 7 with daz but couldn't get updates to work and I'm pretty sure those .iso files have viruses. At this point, it's either spend $141.95 on windows 7 home premium, go for windows 10, or try to pirate again.

Any suggestions?

inb4huuuuuuuur why don't you just code why aren't you coding right now hurrr i have an engineering degree hurrr
>>
>>52454335
huuuuuuuur why don't you just code why aren't you coding right now hurrr i have an engineering degree hurrr
>>
>>52454335
Not trying to be an ass, but why not just try Linux (depending on your OS needs, of course), and run things through a VM or Wine/PlayOnLinux? If some things you absolutely must have (such as work related things), then stick to windows. But yeah, I suggest reading a little bit about things, and if it's because of "vidya gaymez", Linux has more than 5 games, and you can run most windows only games through wine. Plus, you could always dual boot. I myself am just running Arch Linux, no windows on my machine, but I'm thinking of getting a secondary computer (mac book), and running OS X and maybe bootcamp with windows.
>>
So /g/ is upgrading to windows 10 from 7 worth if I use torrent a lot?
>>
>>52454335
Buy a licence off eBay ? Pretty sure there are a few that come with the CD. If you have students nearby you can also ask them to download a ISO from dreamspark.

Also what this anon said. >>52455512
>>
>>52455586
I wouldn't trust ebay, just buy it off amazon or something>>52454335
>>
File: 309.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
309.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>52440095
>Windows 10

How the hell you debloat this shit? my uncle updated from windows 8 to windows 10 on his sony vaio laptop and it's slow as fuck a pain in the ass literally a piece of shit, takes 5 minutes to boot and there's nothing installed except stock sony vaio software. My aids ridden windows xp in 2004 was faster, for fuck's sake.

Is there an official debloating infograph for windows 10 yet? or any complete guides at all?
>>
>>52455628
>debloat

by staying away from a computer because you don't know or understand shit

now fuck off back to >>>/v/
>>
>>52455660
>6GB update
>not bloat
Choose one.

I was only trying to help him anyway, you fagget. I use win7 and I will never upgrade to your beloved botnet.
>>
>>52455618
Not ? Okay. Was just an idea. I never bought a windows licence so I honestly wouldn't know where to get one.
>>
had windows 10 since august, i'm very satisfied with it. no complaints whatsoever (yet)
>>
>>52455761
>I use win7

because that is so much better.
is /g/ just 100% retardation central now?
>>
How would you rate Win10?
>Very Favourable
>Favourable
>God awful burn it with fire

40% answered burn it with fire
>>
>>52455971
>because that is so much better.
you can bet on it, way much better.

if you use win 10 the only retard here is you.
>>
>>52456074
I'm gonna be honest, I don't understand all the hate between the OS's. I use Arch Linux instead of windows because I just prefer it, but I did like using the Windows 10 preview iso's, but it just wasn't for me. OS X, Windows, GNU/Linux, they're all good, but some are better for others. I'm currently trying to get a macbook so I can try out OS X and put homebrew on it, and then maybe bootcamp windows on it, but on my main machine, I use Arch Linux, no windows to be found on it. I really just don't understand why you have to hate it. Most of the time too, it happens to be personal preference. They all have their pros and cons.
>>
>>52450533
indian* race
FTFY
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.