[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is water cooling really that special or amazing. Is it worth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (168KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
168KB, 1280x720px
So is water cooling really that special or amazing. Is it worth the extra price and what benefits does it offer oppose to the traditional fan cooling system?
>>
unless your doing something extremely taxing on your system, It has no benefit other than making your pc a bit quieter.
>>
>>52432296
you should look into cooling your whole room with water cooling there's a good tutorial series on youtube
>>
>>52432296
If youve got a shit cpu you can oc it, thats all
>>
>>52432296
Custom loops are usually more effective than air coolers, especially for multiple GPUs, and usually a little quieter. They still need to have fans on the radiator though, so not that much quieter than a high end cooler.
You can also get passive radiator for near-silent operation (the pump will still make a tiny bit of noise), at the cost of cooling performance.
>Is it worth the extra price
Not really. It's only of those things you do only if you have a lot of money to blow.
>>
>>52432296
Not really. It does use less space than high end air cooling and you'll have less weight hanging off your motherboard, but it is a lot more effort to maintain.
>>
>>52432338
>more effective than air coolers, especially for multiple GPUs

This, the biggest benefit of water cooling is keeping multiple GPUs cool.
>>
water cooling is a meme

heatsink/fans are still the master race
>>
>>52432296
>putting water next to electronics
what if a pipe breaks
>>
>>52432296
I use the corsair h100i and it works fucking fantastically.
There's no need to set up custom watercooling. Just go modular. Mine was $100. My i5-4690k idles at 28-30C and under load never exceeds 55C.

Fantastic investment and will be in every one of my builds on the future. However, a good non-stock air cooler can definitely get the job done for $25-$50, so keep that in mind if you're on a tighter budget.
>>
>>52432355
The plastic on the pipes is at least 2mm thick. The pipe itself is not going to leak unless you cut it.
It's MUCH more likely to leak at the pipe connections, but if you do it properly, the chances of a leak is ridiculously small.
>>
>>52432355
Then you fucked up.
Try not fucking up next time.
>>
>>52432296
Extends the life of your processor regardless of hours or load.

Anyone that says otherwise is an asshole.
>>
>>52432296
Both are equal.

Do you want a quieter more compact system?
> Water cooled

Do you want a simpler cost effective system?
> Aftermarket fan cooling
>>
Ok so water cooling is mainly for those who have extra cash or multiple gpu's. Ty I was gonna get water cooling. Only benefit is that it seems to be a bit quieter.
>>
>>52432412
Read >>52432361
>>
>>52432412

It isnt quieter.
>>
>>52432437
It'll be quieter than a GPU fan at load. If it's just the CPU, yeah it probably won't be quieter.
>>
>>52432354
12 year old detected
>>
>>52432320
You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

I have a be quiet dark rock cpu fan cooler and its vastly quieter than my corsair hydro previously as all benchmarks will verify. liquid coolers have noisy pumps unless you pay for the absolute top of the range which you can't afford.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.