[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HELP! Bricked -_-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1450913526173.jpg (493KB, 1074x1068px) Image search: [Google]
1450913526173.jpg
493KB, 1074x1068px
So my dumbass bricked my fucking computer. I was trying some shit out on my computer and ended up disabling my video driver. Now I have to display and I can't do anything with my computer, effectively turning it into a fancy doorstop. I have tried resetting the CMOS by taking the battery out and putting it back in, and switching the jumper, but nothing worked. I am desperate right now, HELP!
>>
>>52410611
This board doesn't exist to solve the issues you're too dumb to.

Why would clearing your CMOS have any relation to your display driver?

Sage
>>
Drivers and BIOS are completely unrelated
>>
>>52410637
Well, you see, I researched solutions on how to get my display back and everything said to reset the BIOS by taking the battery out of the CMOS shit, and another said to switch the jumper for a couple of minutes. I did both and restarted my desktop, only to find it didn't do jack shit.
>>
What OS? What were you trying to do? What exactly did you do to the video drivers? Maybe we can help then.
>>
File: ecclesiastical strawberry.jpg (24KB, 267x395px) Image search: [Google]
ecclesiastical strawberry.jpg
24KB, 267x395px
>>52410611
That is far from "bricked" my troubled fellow.
Do you mean to say that you have no graphics output -at all-, not even during POST?
Also, tell me what you did to "disable" your driver.
>>
install debian
>>
Fuck off
>>
>>52410611
Start in Safe Mode and fix it there you illiterate melanin addled monkey.
>>
Reminds me of when within hours of building my pc I fucking inhibited it beyond belief with some fake kmspico bullshit and I just lost my shit; later on I remembered malwarebytes existed and I unfucked my shit up

I had over 3000 viruses
>>
>>52410611
nice vaporwave aesthetic!
>>
>>52410611
Turn it on and SSH in
>>
>>52411959
Requires him to have set up ssh, if he's the type of guy to randomly delete video drivers it's very unlikely
>>
File: rsbwono.jpg (29KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
rsbwono.jpg
29KB, 300x300px
>>52410611
>disabled video driver
>decides to reset the cmos
>>
get a serial terminal and run xrandr or config your x.org config. ez pz
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.