[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>windows 10 >standard calculator >asks me to rate it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: calculator.png (14KB, 322x550px) Image search: [Google]
calculator.png
14KB, 322x550px
>windows 10
>standard calculator
>asks me to rate it
god I fucked up installing this os
>>
>>52404484
is this real
>>
The one guy in the dev group who actually wanted to make a good OS was thrown out because he didn't take the yoga warmup seriously.

>he also wanted to call it Windows 9
>what a baka
>>
>>52404513
yes
>>
>>52404513
The minimize button overlapping the question mark confirms it.

Only a seasoned veteran can fuck up like that.
>>
>>52404484
holy shit lol
>>
>>52404484
So the devs want a bit of feedback so they know they're making the calculator how people want it?
Sure, it's a bit of nuisance but if you're not interested it's only one button click.
>>
>>52405966
it's a fucking basic calculator. People that design an entire OS should be able to make a decent calculator.
>>
>>52405984
>has trigonometry functions
not basic

>decent calculator
and they need user input to know whether it actually is decent or not
some people will bitch about lack of some functions
other will bitch about having too many buttons and that it should have only add, subtract, multiply and divide
>>
>>52405966
>it's only one button click

Just like tons of other bullshit in Windows 10. Those clicks add up.
Using Windows 10 is like visiting an ad infested website.

Microsoft is so unbelievably clueless when it comes to UI.
>>
>>52406069
>Microsoft is so unbelievably clueless when it comes to UI.
as opposed to loonixfags and freetards, am i rite?
>>
>>52404513
It's real, I've gotten that prompt as well.

My biggest problem isn't the rating though, but the fact that I have to wait 2 seconds staring at a blank icon while the calculator starts up. The old Win7 calculator started up instantly, I pressed the hotkey and immediately started typing numbers into it.

>>52405966
The problem is that Microsoft almost completely ignores such feedback, unless half the internet is complaining about it. So it's not really worth providing feedback, since even if the developers like your idea, it won't get implemented because of executive fuckups.

And they are slowly developing the calculator backwards. The Win7 one lost its ability to use hexadecimal numbers in all views too, which the XP one could do (I think that was the thing that bugged me, I don't remember the exact thing anymore, but it was about something with the way they assigned things in it - maybe it was just the lack of it saving previous results in programmer view).

Oh, also, since I use the calculator exclusively from keyboard, how would I even close that rating window anyway?
>>
>>52406109
calc isn't that bad

paint is fucked up though

so is the sound recorder replacement
>>
>>52406100
Not doing any comparisons, just in general.
Why the fuck would you put that feedback shit there?
People who open up the calculator have things to do, they're not trying to rate your stupid app and use your stupid app store.

>>52406109
>but the fact that I have to wait 2 seconds staring at a blank icon while the calculator starts up. The old Win7 calculator started up instantly

All metro apps are slow as fuck. I guess this is what MS considers progress.
>>
File: noises.jpg (106KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
noises.jpg
106KB, 960x540px
>>52406164
>so is the sound recorder replacement

That one was fucked up in Win7 too, compared to the incredible Win98 one. I used to record so much shit with that.
>>
File: Capture.png (35KB, 1029x770px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
35KB, 1029x770px
>>52406205
I don't know why the fuck that feature even exists.
>hey there, you used this application a few dozen times. rate it!
I fucking hate that on android apps and I have no idea why somebody would start the app and then before actually using it, rating it on the store.
>>
>>52406614
Dang im so new in win10 i don't even know how to change the color of the windows only the sys colors
>>
>>52404484
It's a beta, they're trying to find out what's fucked
>>
File: 1377436237073.png (201KB, 310x313px) Image search: [Google]
1377436237073.png
201KB, 310x313px
>>52404484
Windows 10 is shit and all reviews are paid

I can't believe this fucking shit I'm seeing right now. Stellar reviews all over the place for something that is LITERALLY, and by that I mean LITERALLY, LITERALLY the same shit as 8.1 except with a shitty meme start menu, different but still shitty phone tier unusable meme apps, and shitty meme assistant Cortana that mines your useless normie data. Oh, and a fucking ripoff of Expose from 5 year's ago Mac OS but with worse animations.

That wouldn't be all that bad but it is missing many features from Windows 8, most important one being COLORFUL TITLE BARS. Now everything is so white it will burn your retinas off, this is fucking ridiculous, you could always change that color in Vista, 7 and 8 but now you can't anymore because fuck you. You can't even change icon spacing for the desktop or pin shit to the left side of the start menu, if you disable recent apps it just shows empty space... WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU NEED THAT WHEN YOU CAN PIN TILES TO THE RIGHT HOLY SHIT EVERYONE IS GOING TO PIN HIS FAVOURITE APPS THERE GOD FUCKING DAMN IT I'M SO FUCKING TRIGGERED RIGHT NOW. And finally it's still full of fucking duplicated apps/programs like the new shitty settings, inconsistent icons, rough animations, shit's that early as fuck (Edge, are you kidding me with this shit? Literally IE but slightly faster in some shill benchmark and MS Paint built in because that's what everyone wants right? Being able to scribble shit on web pages, what's the fucking point?).

TL;DR I am surrounded by shills how do I stop this?

By the way I'm seriously considering switching to Linux or Mac, this shit is the last straw I'm so fucking done with this shit tier pleb os.
>>
>>52406164
Paint is the same as the one on Vista, 7, and 8.
Sound recorded has been shit ever since Vista.
>>
>>52406614
op here. I had that shit on never. It doesn't apply to "apps" such as the calculator
>>
>>52405966
Sure your mother is a bit of nuisance but if I'm not interested it's only a few minutes of dick dipping interrupting my extremely important work, woman.
>>
>>52407892
Stale pasta, at least update your facts before you start baiting /g/ with this shit
>>
>>52406218
Nostalgia
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.