[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/aig/ Artificial Intelligence General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1452140190153.png (121KB, 500x324px) Image search: [Google]
1452140190153.png
121KB, 500x324px
Do you think AI will be a thing? If so, when? Do you think AI is a good idea or not? Discuss.
>>
Do you think OP is over or under the age of eighteen? Discuss.
>>
>>52392099
AI already is a thing.
>>
>inb4 skynet
>>
>>52392112
Despite shitty way OP opened the thread, a thread about AI sounds fascinating. More interesting than all the consumer crap on /g/ right now.
>>
>>52392112
>I don't like this thread, OP must be underage!
>>52392123
I mean AI near the same level of humans. Self-aware type.
>>
>>52392099
> implying that AI means self-aware machine capable of thinking and feeling.

OP, AI it's widely used. Not to be confused with movies like I Robot and other stuff like that...

An explan of AI algorithms are Airports (planes landing coordinations), it's really hard to do by hand what it's going to be the optimum landing order of a set of planes, and consider that new planes are arriving constantly. You may think that "what about an algorithm", well, if you study actual AI papers about that you'll realize that the amount of "different possible combinations" are infinite (not quite, but you wont be able to test all of them in a short time), and you need to make a desition in minutes, thats when AI comes in play.

That's only one use of that, have in mind that there are tons like this
>>
>>52392099
Chatterbot is a pansy ass faggot or a liar
>>
AI will be great as soon as I can kidnap women, scan a copy of their consciousness into my computer, and then virtually rape them until they break.
>>
>>52392171
You're an idiot, OP

https://rbt.asia/g/?task=search2&search_tripcode=!x%2Fzarjg78o
>>
>>52392201
You don't need to wait for AI to rape, anon.
>>
>>52392232
Yeah, but just think how messed up it is. You're interacting with some woman normally in day to day life but what she doesn't realize is that every day you go home and rape her brain clone.
>>
>>52392099
>general
>testtrip
Go back to reddit.
>>
Moving away from the shit posting, I'm actually looking into programming some AI/ML to optimally play a small video game. The game is Mini Metro. I'm thinking of using general AI methodology, genetic algorithms would possibly do a good job here.

The issue I'm having to face is how to interface my ai onto the game. How the fuck can I automate testing? Such an awkward position to be in.
>>
>>52392099
Human like AI may eventually conceivably exist. However, it is a question of the necessity of such an AI which is more important to consider.

Does a toaster need to understand the concept of flavor to toast a slice of bread?
>>
>>52393995
No, but by giving it those features we could make better toast.
>>
>>52394054
There are much simpler ways to achieve such a thing. A simplistic procedure based upon preprogrammed statistical analysis of a user's preferences is capable of generating satisfactory output.

A toaster can be programmed to satisfy what a user needs by adjusting accordingly, but programming it to understand the significance of what it is doing is not needed.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.