[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it just me or is 80% of the challenge in embedded programming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: bbw.jpg (311KB, 1024x996px) Image search: [Google]
bbw.jpg
311KB, 1024x996px
Is it just me or is 80% of the challenge in embedded programming just getting shitty tools to work by following shitty documentation?
>>
Its you
>>
File: 1433531399538.png (443KB, 655x653px) Image search: [Google]
1433531399538.png
443KB, 655x653px
>>52390145
Truuu
>>
>>52390108
No, it's not just you. The remaining 20% is cobbling some POS code together so that it breaks slightly less than the previous version.
>>
>>52390108
>white pcb
Beautiful.
>>
well, there not only tomshardware for getting edgy news

i mean, a radio enthusiast should look into radio enthusiasts forum and maybe you get that edgy codes you're craving for...
>>
>>52390108
What shitty tools are you trying to get to work? I thought OMAP was well documented.
>>
I'm currently using an stm32f4 discover board for the purpose of controlling a 12 v fan, all that board, and it's a glorified temperature gauge/switch
I do this using scheme and the armpit scheme-to-arm interpreter
>>
>>52390108
That's 80% of the challenge in pretty much anything development wise, 80% is following or looking up documentation and 20% is implementation.
>>
>>52390196
I've been trying to figure out how to build a kernel module for the beaglebone black. I've read tons of tutorials, but I can't get past the actual building part. It always give me a make error that every result on google says has to do with not having the kernel headers. All of them say to install the kernel headers, which I did, but the directory listing of /usr/src/linux-3.8.13 (where the files are supposed to be) seems incomplete compared to what some of the tutorial writers are getting. I'm pretty sure this is the problem, but I can't find the other files I need since it's a somewhat obscure distro (Angstrom) and hasn't been updated in a while. So today I decided to try some of the newer Debian images. The first one I tried works until I expanded the SD card, then when I rebooted the network services don't run for some reason. The second one I tried gets a kernel panic instantly. I'm currently downloading a third one while trying to see if I can get networking to work on the first one again so I can install the kernel files.
>>
>>52390192
Why are most PCBs green? Is it just to look l33t or is it because the materials themselves that make up the board are green?
>>
>>52390108
C# programmer with 10years exp will earn few tiems more monthly than 10years exp embedded engineer
>>
>>52390961
>because the materials themselves that make up the board are green
that, they later figured out how to color it
>>
>>52390108
>just getting shitty tools to work by following shitty documentation

But that's just like normal programming.
>>
>>52391200
no, they've been silkscreening forever, just nobody gave a shit about how their circuits look until now
>>
>>52391890
Wasn't it yellow, then green, then blue, and now black?
>>
>>52390233
How do you upload code to it? i got the debugger cable
>>
>>52390108
embedded programming has turned into a sad meme these past few years.
Now all you need is to extract a ready made gnu/linux distro on a sdcard and boot it. suddenly you are a "embedded developer".
In just a few years, or months even. sjw will start shitting up embedded systems like what they are doing to desktops and phones
>>
>>52396726
I hope they sell cheaper than the chinese.
>>
>>52396726
>In just a few years, or months even. sjw will start shitting up embedded systems like what they are doing to desktops and phones
>what is the "maker" scene you just described
>>
basically the entirety of programming, op
>>
>>52390108
Can confirm this. Our college uses Infineon NUC130 for embedded programming and for some reason they threw out all the drivers that Infineon supplied and wrote their own. I believe they did it because the drivers were too big for the test version of Keil uVision we're forced to use.
Needless to say, they are incomplete and buggy as shit.
We seriously have to emulate PWM using the SysTick timer and GPIO, because they didn't bother writing drivers for the PWM ports.
>>
>>52390108
No pretty much is spot on.
>>
>>52395147
https://github.com/texane/stlink
also you dont need the debugger cable for the discovery/nucleo boards from ST
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.