[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vivaldi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: hjffdn.png (161KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
hjffdn.png
161KB, 768x768px
sup /g/
how do you like vivaldi so far?
good enough or trash?
>>
>>52387968
It types shit backwards for me on every search bar
Day one uninstall
>>
>>52387968
>based on botnet
>closed source

need to add more?
>>
>>52388026
what do you mean?
>>
>>52387968
been using it alongside chrome for a few weeks now. I would probably make the switch permanently but I would need to see some more useful to me features included first, mainly:
>custom new tab page
>cross device sync
>Drag item into browser to open
>drag tabs out into new window
>Also it's frozen up on me a few times
There's a few more I cannot recall right now but basically, I like it a lot, and as soon as it has everything I use on a daily basis from chrome I see no reason not to switch
>>
>>52388185
I have this annoying bug where if you have multiple windows open and you try to scroll through them with your mousewheel, the windows swap out in an endless loop.
>>
>>52388026
https://vivaldi.com/source/
It's not free software, but yes you can review the source code and compile it yourself.
>>
Still too buggy at the moment, also it's lacking a few important features like being able to drag a tab into a new window. I'll probably switch back to it from Chrome once they've ironed everything out, but right now it's not suitable for everyday use.
>>
File: hurr.png (244KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hurr.png
244KB, 1920x1080px
>>52387968
It's okay. The best of the botnet-based browsers, but that's not saying much. I refuse to use Furrycux any more though, so I'm sticking with Vivaldi for now.

>>52388024
Retard.
>>
>>52389857
That isn't the Vivaldi source code. It's the Chromium source code. Vivaldi is essentially just a huge addon for Chromium, and that part is what's closed source.
>>
>>52390299
>thinks I haven't already checked for that
Dumbass
It only happens when I use a search bar inside a page on a newly opened tab. The only way to stop that shit is to click somewhere else on the page and try again.
>>
>>52390479
Sure senpai, whatever you need to tell yourself. ;)
>>
>>52387968
I opened too many tabs in it once and now it crashes when I launch it.
>>
I guess I'll give it a try
Is there an option to get rid of that gay logo in top left?
>>
>>52390637
You try it then
>Ubuntu 15.1
>Install Vivaldi
>open program and go any page, typing is normal left-to-right
>now open a new tab using a link on the page that has a search bar inside of the website
>viola, you're typing is now backwards EVEN THOUGH YOU DIDN'T TOUCH A FUCKING THING
>right click the bar, scroll down to Writing Direction, and what's checked in?
LEFT TO FUCKING RIGHT

This shit should not be acceptable on any browser. Fuck Vivaldi.
>>
>>52390787
Installed and running,
now remind me, how is this better than chromium?
>>
>>52390914
>save bookmark
>add short nickname like 4cg
>f2
>type the short nickname to go to bookmark

>ctrl+f11

>stuff is in the sidebar instead of adding drop down menus or horizontal bars

> high interface customizability without needing extensions

> high shortcuts customizability

If only it hadn't a retarded behavior on tab closing, it had drop tab to new window and it didn't lag like a piece of shit it would be Goat
>>
used it a couple months ago. main problem is it wasnt as fast as firefox so I went back to firefox.
>>
>>52390793
>ubuntu

found your problem senpai
>>
>>52390314
Is it really based on chromium/chrome/webkit tho? It seems to render shit differently than most webkit standards.
>>
>>52392621
Palemoon and Firefox never had this issue, only Vivaldi. I've been using Firefox in conjunction to see if it was time to jump ship. Vivaldi ain't the right boat for me to stay on.
>>
Nothing compelling enough to get me to switch from Firefox, or Chrome when Firefox's extension framework gets fucked.
>>
>>52387968
since it's pretty much chromium with a different ui, lots of the same quirks still annoy me and will never get fixed
>>
>>52389857
>>52390314
Also that "source code" is an old outdated version.

They basically are keeping you in the dark as to what the current version actually is, it also isn't the source code they use clearly as well which makes it even more sketchy and likely hacked to bits to hide stuff they don't want out.

>>52392654
Yes, it's chromium based, 2.9gb or something like that of the source is just chromium files.
>>
If it becomes less resource intensive than chrome and fixes the bugs I'll use it.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.