[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think about Black Berry Priv? Is it worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: Render-BB-Priv.png (399KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Render-BB-Priv.png
399KB, 1200x800px
What do you guys think about Black Berry Priv?

Is it worth it? I like the Physical Keyboard Slide extension, cuz I am not a fan of touchkeyboards and my precision on touchkeyboards is for shit.
>>
>>52386199
One of the most stupid phones released
>>
Sucks 1 billion asses.
>>
>>52386199
I have it. Amazing phone, no regrets

Dat keyboard
>>
>>52386258
Halifax is a shit bank. Also enjoy your overpriced botnet phone
>>
>>52386229
>>52386256

Really, why so? Please don't because of the brand, I want to spend the money on something good which can hold up to years, I am gonna also custom rom it.

>>52386258

Cool, did you root it?
Plus, Custom Rom?
I like the phone, style seems tought trough.
>>
>>52386298
see >>52386294
>>
OP here.

>>52386316

It's true that it is overpriced, I am not gonna buy it this month also the botnet can be fixed.
>>
File: 1443654155002.jpg (84KB, 600x518px) Image search: [Google]
1443654155002.jpg
84KB, 600x518px
>>52386199
I tried it out at a store.

Imo the curved display is kinda irritating but not that bad. Otherwise the display is great. Videos look amazing on it.

Size-wise it's right on the border of being too big. Still okay.

Built quality is a letdown compared to the Classic and Passport. Feels cheap.

Keyboard is flatter than that of the Classic and Passport and also smaller and because of that harder to type for me.

Also the keyboard design is kinda stupid. Because the phone is so tall I just ended up typing on the virtual keyboard instead of the physical keyboard on the bottom.

Nitpicking but when sliding out the keyboard I sometimes end up pressing a button on the keyboard or the virtual android navigation button.

IMO they should have went with BB10 and added a toolbelt to it. That would have been amazing and allowed for touchscreen free use. Like in pic related.

Camera seems good.

Overall: I would get it if it wasn't so damn overpriced. Unless something better comes out I will probably get it in a year or two for 300€ used. For me it doesn't really offer anything that's worth 3 times the cost of a mid-range phone. I would rather pass on the big screen and get a Classic.
>>
>>52386415
Alright, well seems like the Phone has bit some of contras but still pros.

At the moment I am owning a Sony Xperia S which is running a Custom Rom, so I should be fine with small keyboards, but thanks for your summary.
>>
>>52386294
Never had a problem with halifax
>>52386298
Can't root, you'd know this if you looked into it.
>>
>>52386466
That's just his opinions talking, I have it, and it's great, the keyboard is so good and every week you get fast and fast with the typing. It's a joy to use.

You get BlackBerry hardware and android - so all the apps. Win / win.
>>
>>52386415
It's not over priced.

£70 upfront and then 35 a month for unlimited everything and 6gb 4G data a month, pretty good for a flagship phone with curved glass (which doesn't irritate me) and a physical keyboard - which hardly other phone has, never mind flagship.
>>
>>52386199

there should be a price cut soon according to the internet, and the marshmallow update date is still uncertain. however BB said they will announce the date in Q1 of 2016. considering them releasing regular fixes for various things and the new upcoming android device, it looks like they will indeed release the marshmallow update.
>>
>>52387026
Ok, I am living in the EU so, it may take for me a bit longer, I don't know.
>>
>>52386298
You can't root it dumbo, there's a 1000$ bounty on XDA for someone to root it and it still doesn't have a method so I don't think it'll be getting one.

No root means no custom ROMs either
>>
>>52387076
Well somebody is gonna find something, in the future
>>
>>52387097
> Well somebody is gonna find something, in the future

I can guarantee right now there will never be a root method for it
>>
File: IMG_20151208_160706.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151208_160706.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
>that feel when just got a OTA update for my q10
I thought they would forget about it after going with android on priv.

After all it's almost 3 year old, and in the world of shitty planned obscolescence, that's like The Great Old Ones-tier old
>>
File: IMG_20160112_221030.png (48KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160112_221030.png
48KB, 720x720px
>>52387418
wrong pic dog damnit
>>
>>52387229
Sounds like a shit phone then
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.