[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we save microshaft /g/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: new-microsoft-logo-square-large.jpg (109KB, 3520x819px) Image search: [Google]
new-microsoft-logo-square-large.jpg
109KB, 3520x819px
How do we save microshaft /g/?
>>
we let it die
>>
>>52371149
cloud cloud cloud
focus on azure and office365, they are the only products turning a profit
>>
>>52371157
came here to say exactly this
>>
I think we should make these bussineses fail.
>>
>>52371891
>make
let
>>
>>52371819
What is Azure?

What is Office 365?
>>
>>52371149
>we save microshaft
We don't. They're rolling in cash and need no boost.
>>
>>52371911
it
>>
>>52371924
For how long though.

Microsoft isnt cool.
>>
>>52371149
Make Windows 7 open source.
>>
The solution set is the \emptyset.
>>
>>52372623
'cool' companies die horrible deaths like Apple is starting to. Your kids don't want to use what their parents used and Gen Y hipsters are pushing 40 in the next decade. Apple won't be the cool contrarian option. It's the Grandad's old wifebeater option.
>>
>>52372669
are you drunk, anon-kun?

being publicly intoxicated can get you arrested
>>
I do my part. I use outlook, onenote and onedrive.

This way they can sell my data. Its a form of contribution for all those years in my childhood that I spent using pirated windows.
>>
>>52371149
opensource ntoskrnl.exe, the whole .net, edge and make all of directx an open standard.

Boom
>>
>>52372708
How can they make money if its opensauce?
>>
>>52372683
>die horrible deaths like Apple is starting to
you're delusional
>>
Fuck Microsoft.
>>
>>52372708
>make all of directx an open standard.
What exactly is great about DirectX?
>>
>>52372900
the fact that windows cripples opengl drivers since vista to get more developers to make windows-exclusive games. They're not stupid, they saw this coming
>>
>>52373247
How important are 'gamers' for windows? Is there any data on that?
>>
>>52373390
One of the biggest reasons to use Windows is for the game support.
>>
I have an Office 365 subscription
>>
>>52373423
Yeah I know, but I want to know how much. What percentage of windows user are 'gamers'
>>
>>52373485
Consider that steam claims an account number roughly half the population of the US, then add in all the hpgames grannies and sims moms, and Asians on blizzard.

Hundreds of millions. Definitely >10% are "gamers" to some degree.
>>
You don't as it's already making billions without anyone's help
Open source is a great way to kill a company so if you want to do that.
>>
>>52373700
Sun's failures had little to do with going open source and everything to do with financial stumbles and marketing failures.

Going open source is the reason java still owns the enterprise server world.
>>
>>52371149
>save microshaft
The company I have been hating since Wordperfect 5.1
>>
>>52372900
>DirectX
How is it even still alive if the last redistributable update package was in June 2010? What's up with that? How are you supposed to update DirectX since later than that?
>>
>>52371819
They make shitloads off of OS, and SQL licensing.
>>
File: Capture5.png (129KB, 1091x668px) Image search: [Google]
Capture5.png
129KB, 1091x668px
>>52372737
No anon you are
>>
>>52373648
The more interesting question is how many of those users actually pay for Windows? It seems pretty clear that Microsoft's long term plan for gamers is to force them onto the much more lucrative Xbox platform. That likely stems from the rampant piracy of Windows among gamers because Microsoft has no interest in people using their platform to simply give money to Valve and other third party vendors.
>>
>>52371149
GPLv3 for all of their software

>>52372717
Free as in freedom, not free as in price
>>
scrap everything and make windows millenium the new Windows 10 anything after that was downhill imo.
>>
>>52374467
last 6 months have been bad for almost all companies
>>
>>52374473
That's a good question. Very little of Asia pays for windows for sure, but most gamers in the other categories use prebuilts or laptops with a valid OEM license.

The big question is Asia really, and what percentage of users exist there.
>>
>>52374537
Yeah but nobody is buying the new Iphone and Ishit is falling out of favour
>>
>>52371934
go
>>
>>52374740
Yup, not many people feel like paying $600+ for a new phone.

My mother just broke and finally went to the android side due to price tags.
>Moto G
>inb4 botnet
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.