[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
>Macs are better for 3d design and music...
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 31
File: 1420147253543.jpg (140 KB, 640x640) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1420147253543.jpg
140 KB, 640x640
>Macs are better for 3d design and music production
Is this actually true or just a meme? Do you really need a Mac if you're going into an "artsy" profession?
>>
>>52370533
Just a meme.
>>
>>52370533
shut up dewey.
>>
My art teacher last term genuinely believed this.
>>
>>52370533
Artsy people like them because they care more about looks then function. Really, anything you can do on a Mac you can do better on a Windows PC for less.
>>
>>52370533
Most of the assertion about 3D animation benefits comes from the fact that Apple's OpenGL implementation is made in mind with rendering precision rather than performance. That and being originally owned by Steve Jobs is part of the reason why Pixar has historically used a lot of Apple Power Mac and Mac Pro workstations.

As for music production this comes from the low level sound API used in OSX called CoreAudio which apparently sound engineers really like because of how easy it is to go in and modify things to their liking with very fine grained control.

Here's a link to Apple's developer description page:
https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/MusicAudio/Conceptual/CoreAudioOverview/WhatisCoreAudio/WhatisCoreAudio.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40003577-CH3-SW1
>>
>Do you really need a Mac if you're going into an "artsy" profession

Yes. They are the industry standard. True or not Apple has convinced these idiots that only Macs will do what they want and Adobe do not have the inclination to convince them otherwise.

It's win-win for all parties. Art retards get their macs, Apple sell their macs and Adobe sell their software. A perfect circlejerk.
>>
>>52370533
People like it for music production because it tends to be more reliable. CoreAudio, the built in Audio API does everything it needs to, unlike the WSAPI in Windows, hence you need to install ASIO usually.

And anyone who's dealt with ASIO knows it randomly breaks, where CoreAudio just werks.

For 3D, video and image editing, i dont know why others prefer it, other than reliability, though these days things like Photoshop are gonna be pretty much as reliable on Windows
>>
>>52370723
It's a historical thing. They used to run faster on powerPC than x86
>>
>>52370632
windows is completely shit and will consistently have a seizure when handling decent audio interfaces with lots of I/O, whereas Macs will pretty much just werk.

speaking form experience
>>
>>52370723
>producer
>uses built-in audio
No.
>>
>>52370797
he means you can plug in pretty much any audio interface there is without having to install drivers and it will reliably work at any clock speed.
>>
>>52370822
Kek'd
>>
>>52370797
>Implying audio API's only apply to integrated devices
/v/ pls go...
>>
>>52370760
this. macs used to have the only graphic design software on the market, as well as the first editions of Adobe's products.

so yes it is a meme
>>
>>52370690
it's an industry standard to inject aids into your taint also
>>
>>52370797
would you prefer to install some shitty third party driver?
>>
>>52370533

Stems from when Adobe software was Mac-only. Wholly false now.

In fact if you go to any reasonably sized architects / product designers / engineering / design firm of any kind the chances are they will use a mix of Mac & PC (usually down to user preference or team workflow).

Although if all you use is Adobe software Macs are (marginally) better now as basically all Adobe software on OS X is dpi-aware and it's still a total mess on Windows (but can be worked around).
>>
>>52370533
Macs were once the de facto standard for 2D anything by virtue of their then excellent hardware, I don't really know how audio got thrown into the mix, I assume because they were your only option for it for quite a while early on

People just got kind of used to it and despite the systems being nearly identical to PCs now, I think OSX has a better audio subsystem iirc
>>
>>52370926
Nope, the actual meme is people calling it a meme.

Seriously thou, Apple has a history of producing devices with better than average displays, built-in color calibration tools and building their API's and implementations of third party ones with render precision rather than performance in mind. What is now in the past is Adoble software being written first and foremost for Apple devices in mind and Apple going in for the "What You See Is What You Get" thing (which is great for print design) more heavily than other computer makers.
>>
File: rape incest.jpg (61 KB, 441x886) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
rape incest.jpg
61 KB, 441x886
>>52370796
>lots of I/O

How much is lots? I have a 4 in 4 out card at home and a dedicated external DSP with 12 in 12 out in my studio. Both computers run Windows 7 64 bit with Cubase.
>>
If we're talking about laptops, Apple is better in a sense that it offers waay superior colours, compared to 99% of laptops out there.
Also getting the drivers to work properly on Windows can be absolute ass.
At least this is the case with Wacom.
It really took some juggling with the drivers to get the fucking thing to work properly on Windows, where as with Macs it just werks.

Also one other reason why I'd say that Macs are better for art, is that they're incompatible with so many things out there.
They offer less opportunities for distracting yourself.

I was thinking about buying one myself when I was looking for a laptop for art, but unfortunately nothing that Apple offered came even remotely close to the gaming laptops in the 1.5k~ price category.
All hardware is pretty much inferior with Apple laptops in under 2k price range, save for the screen.
>>
File: 1450712721419.jpg (431 KB, 1000x2284) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1450712721419.jpg
431 KB, 1000x2284
>>
File: 1452412628383.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452412628383.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I wanna see some hands
>>
>>52370760
i remember raging at this. people would always say you needed an apple computer if you were a professional. and they'd use it to check emails and do spreadsheets.

the one thing macs were good at was never even a factor the people that got them
>>
>>52370533
Just a meme, might have been the case in the '80s but now they're exactly equal.
>>
>>52371513
Except Windows is an unusable OS and Linux lacks the proprietary software that some users want.
The solution is OS X.

I don't need Photoshop and the like, so I use GNU+Linux exclusively, but if I did, OS X would be the logical choice. Ships with a proper UNIX environment, bash, OpenSSH, Python, usable out of the box.
>>
>>52371057
I'm not him, but:
Do you produce in realtime taking feeding from multiple live instrument and processing it?
I work in the GEMA (A chilean electronic art music organization) Almost all Windows computers we tried to use acted like shit.
>>
>>52370632
>implying that macs doesn't have function
>>
Well, I've worked in a number of 3D animation jobs (film & vidya). In all those places there was only one Mac, and that was simply because the original editor insisted on using Shake and the studio owner capitulated. Apart from that one example, every other machine I've seen in these places (and this would be roughly 1,000 machines for me atp) were workstations purpose built for the job, and running either Windows or Linux.
>>
>>52371451
Epic maymay.
>>
File: 1452424300151.jpg (1 MB, 2500x1870) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452424300151.jpg
1 MB, 2500x1870
>>
>>52371591
>multiple live instrument

Well of course, d'uh. A drum set alone requires at least 6 microphones. But then again I'm also tech savvy and can fix any driver issues myself.
>>
File: 1452245762683.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452245762683.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>
>>52370533
Whoever said 3D design is definitely a retard, 3D has always been the domain of high-end RISC (SGI, Sun, maybe HP) and now PC workstations.
>>
File: 1452453190488.jpg (436 KB, 1920x1440) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452453190488.jpg
436 KB, 1920x1440
>>
>>52371476
>>52371701
>>52371723
it's just not the same without the pinky ring
>>
File: swag2.jpg (89 KB, 960x540) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
swag2.jpg
89 KB, 960x540
>>52371744
>>
>>52371722
In realtime?
We also are tech-savy, but also we need a stable environment than Windows. We do a lot of work here.
>>
>>52370533
No 3ds max is a big killer for 3d. Even in the studio system you'll find nuke+houdini+maya+renderman. all linux. Macs have no place in post production and heavy 3d.
>>
>>52370643
You've no clue what your talking about regarding 3d. they've always used linux, even in pixar they use linux.
>>
>>52371812
Yes, the guitars are recorded clean and sent with effects back to the headphones in the recording room.
>>
>>52370533
Core audio is the best you can get today
>>
>>52370980
CC subscriber here, DPI scaling in windows 10 for adobe products is totally cool now.
>>
>>52370533
Macs are for niggers that drink lean and smoke blunts.
>>
Basically paying for the name thats all.
>>
>>52371995
The render farm that does the final render does run linux, but the animation, 3D modeling and texture creation have historically been PowerMacs and Mac Pro's. Here's the introduction of the original G5 PowerMac:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mem_RXA6hU

Nobody uses Linux for professional 3D animation beyond the render farms. The actual animation and modeling work is done on Macs and Windows machines.
>>
>>52372112
Most of the day to day work is done in Maya and people can use whatever they like cos it's fine on Mac, Pc, and Linux.
The core shit though, the heavy lifting, that's all unix and linux and it always has been. If you want to praise pixar, praise it for renderman, renderman has always been a linux first application.
And you say beyond the renderfarm like the renderfarm isn't the whole thing, the workstations are just dumb terminals for feeding shit into the pipeline. As I already said the special sauce is all linux.
>>
>>52372177
You talk about Linux as if it did more than just get fed with work from workstations running OSX and Windows when really all it does is process data from workstations. The reason why Linux is used it not because of it being good for rendering work, which is all CPU work anyway, but because it's more or less the de-facto standard for distributed systems like render farms and supercomputers.

So all the real work that requires a problem free experience and involve some level of creativity is done on OSX and Windows while the work of CPU rendering work that would take days if not months or years to complete on single desktops is handed over to Linux clusters.
>>
So does core audio vs asio still make a noticeable difference currently? Was going to buy a new laptop soon for production and I was thinking of switching over to a pc from a macbook.
>>
RIP Dewey
>>
>>52372288
Whatever, I'm not here to educate you, if you wanna stay dumb then do it.
>>
File: 6TpGBjaTE.jpg (102 KB, 1088x695) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
6TpGBjaTE.jpg
102 KB, 1088x695
>>52372288
Picture related is basically the car equivalent of Linux in 3D animation. Does a lot of work, but is in no shape or form refined or comfortable for people who do the creative work.
>>
File: 1452414199257.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452414199257.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>52371476
Here you go Pajeet.
>>
File: 1452474027808.jpg (573 KB, 2500x1870) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452474027808.jpg
573 KB, 2500x1870
>>52371701
>>
File: 1452126502605.jpg (381 KB, 1920x1440) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452126502605.jpg
381 KB, 1920x1440
>>52371740
>>
I would use some arch but the window managers / shells look so badly and just don't have enough swag to host my vim.
>>
>>52372328
Educate me? By stating the obvious that render farms generally run Linux while the creative work of 3D modelling, texture creation and animation is done on OSX and Windows workstations?

If there's one thing that I really hate about Linux users is the amount of autists who think they know oh-so-much and act all high and mighty to people who know just as much if not more.

Aslo, I run Linux on the desktop and know more than well that most of the software used for PROFESSIONAL 3D animation, modeling and specially texture creation (i.e not hobbyist so Blender doesn't count) is not that good on Linux.
>>
File: 1452226242521.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452226242521.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>52371723
>>
>>52372392
You can literally choose whatever WM and shell you want...
>>
>>52371755
>clean hands

Fake and gay.
>>
>>52372431
but they all look shit.
>>
File: 1452228231093.jpg (78 KB, 960x540) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452228231093.jpg
78 KB, 960x540
>>52372493
>>
>>52372406
The last thing I worked on was Zero Theorum by Terry Gilliam. I'm a professional 3D artist so I'm talking from actual first hand experience in saying that a lot of the workstations run linux. Most people run nuke+maya+houdini on a linux workstation in all the post houses i've ever been in.
Usually you see all macs on the way in where people are doing emails and spreadsheets and clients are standing about but when you get inside proper people are using linux workstations.
It's an obvious choice because the big names DO support linux in this environment and the OS is free so why the shit would they pay for hundreds of OSX or Windows installations when they can run Fedora or Centos for free.
>>
>>52372507
You can literally make them look exactly how you want. There are plenty of complaints to be had about Linux but customisation is not one of them.
>>
>>52372525
And don't get me wrong. I'm not saying it's all linux inside, there's a whole bunch of different departments doing different stuff but I would say it was about 70% linux.
>>
>>52371591
>GEMA
Well fuck you.
>>
I feel like it's because Photoshop and ProTools were both originally for Mac, and even though they were ported to Windows, I think those ports may have been sub par for a while as well. At this point though, it's not an issue.

For video, I guess Final Cut is Mac only and supposed to be pretty good. That's probably the only dealbreaker type program. Maybe Logic as well, but there are lots of other good audio applications besides Logic.
>>
multimedia artist here, i have a thinkpad
>>
>>52372345
>>52372376
>>52372391
>>52372412
>>52372523
You're confusing something here.
>>
File: 1451182767426.png (397 KB, 641x782) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451182767426.png
397 KB, 641x782
>>52373401
POO
IN
THE
LOO
PAJ
EET
>>
>>52373401
That guy in the middle looks like that Rasshan Khan guy or however you spell his name.
>>
File: 1340475111905.jpg (117 KB, 800x532) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1340475111905.jpg
117 KB, 800x532
>>
>>52370632
>anything you can do on a Mac you can do better on a Windows PC for less.
A Logic Pro license is what, $200? Whereas a Cubase Pro license is $3000.

>>52370643
>As for music production this comes from the low level sound API used in OSX called CoreAudio which apparently sound engineers really like because of how easy it is to go in and modify things to their liking with very fine grained control.
This is what GarageBand/Logic Pro uses.
>>
Mac is better srictly for music production due to exclusive software for macs.
>>
>>52373465
I remember that.
Nutcase.
>>
I cringe when I people DJing with macbooks and the built in audio.
>>
>>52373604
>exclusive software for macs
What? Garageband?
>>
>>52374604
MacBook Pros have a 24-bit / 192 kHz DAC
Frequency response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz, +0.5 dB/-3 dB
Signal-to-noise ratio (SNR): >90 dB
Total harmonic distortion + noise (THD+N): <-80 dB (0.007%)
Channel separation: >85 dB

These are the little details included in the price.
>>
>spend thousands on "rigs" to play games that no adult should waste his time with
>no more money for a proper laptop left
>>
File: 1426556067923.jpg (40 KB, 640x625) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1426556067923.jpg
40 KB, 640x625
>>
>>52370533
Not really. Especially not since they forgot about that market segment and decided to make phones instead. The new Mac Trashcan is further proof that they no longer give a shit.
>>
>>52370533
I use a Surface 3 because the digitizer means I can actually do artwork and design with it.
Macbooks are just for posers who think they're creative because they buy a brand name.

Pic related.

The only thing Macs excel at is web browsing, even then you have to give up the experience if you want WebMs to work.
>>
>>52374685
So it's just like the specs of any regular modern onboard sound card. Give me a fucking break.
>>
>>52374791
>The only thing Macs excel at is web browsing
Enjoy your slow-ass Cygwin shell on Windows

OS X however is an actual UNIX.
>>
What's a good choice for a small time electronic artist anyway? I see people with Macbooks all the time, but could you do the same thing with a small desktop PC?
>>
>>52374810
>programming and scripting
>art related
You macfags are getting really desperate. Even then Linux in a VM runs better than a Mac natively does shit because of how bloated OS X has become. You can praise UNIX all you want but in the real world it doesn't mean jack fucking shit.
Now kill yourself, you stupid fucking piece of shit.
>>
>>52370533
I don't know much about art/3d/music stuff, but its better than windows for software development in most cases because of its unix cli. It also has a hassle-free desktop environment, which linux lacks.
>>
>>52374847
>Even then Linux in a VM runs better than a Mac natively does shit because of how bloated OS X has become
[citation needed]

>configuring two operating systems when you can just use one
>applying security updates to 2 operating systems

I do algorithmic composing and need both a proper programming environment as well as proprietary DAW software.

Linux offers only the former, Windows only the latter. Mac OS X - both.
>>
There isnt any particular reason to go with a Mac for music production unless you are expecting to be working with the Logic DAW. Pro Tools, Cubase, Reason, Ableton, FL Studio and others are all viable PC DAWs. Because of that, almost all AU (mac) plugins also have VST (pc) counterparts.
>>
File: 1342515825240b.jpg (1 MB, 2785x3018) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1342515825240b.jpg
1 MB, 2785x3018
Why is /g/ so anally inflammated?
Is it because they use a toy OS that's always 5 years behind?
>>
>>52374877
>There isnt any particular reason to go with a Mac for music production
Algorithmic composition with a proper UNIX environment. I experiment with Iterated Function System fractals written in C++, combined with csound, but also want a proper DAW which Linux is lacking.
>>
>>52374913
That sounds great, but there would be few in the music business that have a clue what youre talking about.
>>
>>52374947
That's okay, the masses would not buy xenharmonic fractal music anyway
>>
>>52374877
For music production you either go with Mac or a BSD variant. They are the best sound systems with lowest latency and highest quality. Mac wins out though because as you have mentioned, they have the professional tools.
>>
I'm using OSX via Unibeast/Clover and it's not that bad.

Certain things are nice, like the way it puts applications in /Applications. So installing and uninstalling is an easy, straightforward process. As opposed to Linux, where you install a package and who knows where the binary actually is. And Windows, where it puts things in \Program Files (x86)\ and god forbid you touch anything.

Other things I hate, like the fact that I have to use a $20 app to have normal mouse behavior. Like, I want scroll up on my mouse wheel to scroll up 3 lines, but OSX wants to force you to "think different" by having it scroll DOWN by acceleration only. I also don't care for how the UI is designed, and Apple really doesn't want you to change anything. I also miss my virtual desktops in Linux.

All in all, this is a decent OS and not deserving of all the hate that it gets. It has its merits, just like Windows and Linux have their own.
>>
>>52375006
OS X has virtual desktops.
You clearly do not know the system well.

Everything you might want to configure about the mouse can be done either on the command line or with free tools like http://www.senlick.com/html/01.01.html
>>
>>52374977
Yep, latency is an issue I've found. I'm in no way a fanboy but having been trained with Logic, I haven't come across any PC counterpart that feels quite as streamlined and enjoyable to use. Ableton comes fairly close but it is more geared towards audio clips rather than making stuff yourself.
>>
>>52370533
They were better for Photoshop in the PowerPC days but this hasn't been true since 2006.
They are great for music because of CoreAudio.
>>
>>52370533
Fun fact, all movie CGI is done on Linux. Before that it was done on Irix and SGIs. No windows and no Macs.
>>
>>52370643
Pixar uses Linux, they all use Linux.

Pretty much everything you've said exposes your enormous ignorance.
>>
>>52374810
>macshit
>UNIX

Pick one.
>>
>>52372112
Holy shit, are you serious? No one uses macs. It is all Linux.

>Nobody uses Linux for professional 3D animation beyond the render farms.

I'm still for some reason shocked that people act like an authority on something they know nothing about. 3D animation at large companies is done on Linux. It's all Linux and it has been since SGI died.

Fun fact: Irix defaulted to C shell, so every company not only uses linux, but they all use C shell as well.
>>
Wrong. Take a look at Pixar's behind the scenes footage. Their primary animation software runs on Linux.
>>
>>52370533
It was true when I was in school. A lot of good software was only available for Apple back then. I went to high school in the 90s however.

Today the same doesn't hold. There's nothing inherently better about one platform or another these days, unless you're one of the few who need a program that's only available for one.
>>
File: mt-stupid.png (43 KB, 613x481) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
mt-stupid.png
43 KB, 613x481
>>52375508
>I'm still for some reason shocked that people act like an authority on something they know nothing about
This is 4chan, home of mount stupid.
>>
>>52375467
You can't just refute facts.
>>
>>52375715
>mactard memes
>facts

Pick one.
>>
windows hands down has better shit for 3d design
some of my programs only work on windows and dont even have a mac version
>zbrush on a mac
fucking please
>>
>>52375865
You can't just refute facts.
>>
>>52376186
>applel marketing
>facts

topkek
>>
>>52376216
Apple doesn't own UNIX, they don't just get to decide to call it that. They get to call it that because it is and has been tested and certified to be UNIX.
>>
File: 1451348210297.jpg (3 MB, 10000x10000) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451348210297.jpg
3 MB, 10000x10000
>>52374810
>macshit
>unix

>massive 2 year headline topping legal battle
>explicitly because BSD contained actual UNIX AT&T code
>entire point of mach was to create a unix-like replacement kernel for BSD so they could remove all traces of actual UNIX code from BSD
>applel on deathbed waiting for CM to finish mach 3.0 kernel
>BillyG has to bail them out from bankruptcy
>applel can't wait anymore and takes half finished mach 2.5 kernel, shoehorns in a bunch of ultra shit tier nextstep code to justify buying nextstep, bolts on BSD tools, and 50 millions lines of spaghetti code later, squeezes out the steaming pile of shit known as OS X
>mactoddler millennials who weren't even born when this happened unironically call osx UNIX in 2016 the year of our lord stallman, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, give us each day our daily freedoms, and forgive us our proprietary programs, for we ourselves forgive everyone who is indebted to us, and lead us not into the evil malevolent morally bankrupt wasteland that is cuptertino
>>
>>52376233
>churn out joke unix-like using a kernel made for an os that lost a lawsuit and the right to call itself unix
>call it unix just because you dump a truckload of money on some defunct org that no one cares about anymore

lmao
>>
>>52371057
more info on gril?
>>
>>52370533
if any of you could actually afford a mac, you'd agree that the OS is far superior to Windows.

the ONLY reason to use Windows over Mac is video games.
>>
>>52376278
>churn out OS that differs a bit but still passes a series of tests to be called UNIX
>it doesn't count as UNIX because some 12 year old hates Apple
>>
File: 1441140042876.jpg (45 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1441140042876.jpg
45 KB, 1000x1000
>>52376327
>osx
>superior to anything

Not even winblows is as shit as your hobby joke OS.
>>
>>52376345
You should try using things before forming opinions on them.
>>
>>52376340
>has to emulate low level unix functions, applications write to disk through emulation layer, other applications write to disk directly, everything slow as fuck, practically everything running in an emulation layer at 1/100000 the speed of real native unix systems
>call it real unix because some 12 year old loves appel

ok kid
>>
>>52376358
I don't need to taste shit to know that it's already a piece of shit.
>>
>>52376327
fuck outta here, bait
>>
File: bsd.png (66 KB, 542x417) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bsd.png
66 KB, 542x417
>>52376340
You can stop posting any time millennial.
>>
>>52376384
how do you know an ohenry bar isn't shit? you have to taste it to know.
>>
>>52376340
>shit out OS
>uses BSD kernel
>uses BSD tools
>uses bloated applel made gui
>BSD themselves explicitly state BSD is not UNIX
>call it UNIX because applel's marketing dept told you to
>you actually do it like the gullible clueless moron you are

lmao @ your life
>>
File: 1451595693145.png (143 KB, 620x901) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451595693145.png
143 KB, 620x901
>>52375715
>apel sed it so it muss bee tru

How do macfags breathe without Apple telling them how?
>>
>>52375659
ahh the confidence vs competence
>>
File: 1452461723914.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452461723914.webm
1 MB, 640x360
>>52376546
They don't. It becomes a serious problem when their iToy loses internet connection and they become this if they survive at all.
>>
>>52370533
I'm sure it used to be true to some degree due to the software available on OSX, but now it doesn't matter
>>
>>52371057
Is her name JUSTina?
>>
>>52370533
They have nice screens if you have to work with colors, although you can just get a good screen without mac hardware.
>>
>>52370533
> adjusts sagging pants
ay yo
> picks fro
ay yo muh boy
> sucks teeth
muh boy Leroy
> steals iPhone
muh boy Leroy be
> cashes welfare check
Leroy be usin
> dribbles basketball
He be usin a Apple computer
> eats chicken
a Apple computer to make he damn
> smokes crack
to make he damn rap album
> picks cotton
cuz dem shits
> rapes white woman
dem shits be super easy
> robs 7/11
super easy to use an shit
> assaults police officer
an dey better than them Wal-Mart labtops
> shot to death
>>
>>52371652
>saying "maymay"
kill yourself
>>
File: 1452040900399.png (447 KB, 689x679) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452040900399.png
447 KB, 689x679
>>52376999
>average at best
>nice screens
nice meme
>>
>>52376802
Is there any context for that image
>>
It started as a meme, Macs are for autists, some faggots read it as macs are for artists and ever since then, faggots and artists have been using macs, and autists are now using linux or windows.
>>
I've been working in web development for a decade and I've found it's better developers/ experienced users. They're far more productive on OS X. No editing xorg.conf files. no compiling video drivers.

While Adobe/ aftereffects/ final cut etc works better on a mac, there's alternatives on a windows which is just as good.

In a small to medium sized business splashing out on a few extra grand for machines and not having to hire someone to reimage/ run anti virus/ fix hardware is actually a good business decision.
>>
>>52370533
I bought a MacBook Pro (Late 2011, 15 inch) for 750€ off Ebay for school (I study graphic design and video production) and I did honestly never regret doing that.
Put an SSD in there, it boots up any adobe software in under 5 seconds and it still runs like on the first day I got it.

If you want to do graphic design, look on Ebay or Craigslist if you can get a deal, I highly recommend it.
You can use a Windows Laptop too but you should anticipate getting a new one in 3 years or so.
>>
>>52370533
Just get a PC with windows and upgrade the hardware.

Hell, just get a gayming all in one PC if you want a better mac.
>>
>>52370797
you fucking invilid.
>>
>>52375893
literally any windows program can run on a mac and there are several ways to do it
>>
I can understand dumb niggers that prefer osx for audio related work because it just werks, even if 90% of them never benefits from CoreAudio "ultra-super-easy-advanced functions". But are the video/3D folks serious about it? Wasting precious time waiting for renders throttled by an overheated shitty designed hardware, which even at full speed is half as fast than an equally priced custom built hardware? And don't tell me "it just werks" in this case because all the time you lose doing renders on a shitty mac can be spent learning how to not fuck up a windows installation
>>
Back in 2010 Russia still used powerPC macs notebooks (g4?) at children workspaces in Moscow's schools

apple's marketologists rule
>>
>>52370643
Pixar uses Linux.

Performance in software like Cinema 4D is a shit ton better on windows because driver support.
>>
>>52373465
literal shit eaters
>>
>>52379944
kek
>>
>>52374877
>Cubase
See >>52373585
>>
>>52380059
Mcpoorfag detected.
>>
>>52370533
It's mostly a meme, but partly true.
Not worth discussing this on /g/ aka fanboy/meme central.


>>52370643
>Apple's OpenGL implementation is made in mind with rendering precision rather than performance.

kek

The Mac Pro doesn't even have ECC VRAM.
>>
>>52380099
>The Mac Pro doesn't even have ECC VRAM.

>implying it's a server
>using mac server
>ever
>>
>>52380328
Doesn't 4 chan run on mac minis?
>>
>>52376415
>in a copyright sense
Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 31
Thread DB ID: 399870



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.