[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ever dropped a CPU before on a hard surface? Did it end up working?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

Ever dropped a CPU before on a hard surface?

Did it end up working?
>>
Tested once with a Pentium 4 CPU, did all kinds of resistance.
Dropping, Stepping and dropping stuff over it was okay.... But slamming an hammer on it didn't work so well.
>>
Never truly had a cpu out of the comp for more than a couple hours for maintenance.
Generally gets sat out of the way while I fuck with other parts
>>
I dropped a new and expensive CPU, and bent some pins. I bent them back with a creditcard and all was well.
>>
They're solid lumps dude.
You used to worry about the pins breaking when you dropped it (or if you still use AMD), but apart from that it's like whatever.
>>
>>52366485
Not really much to break on them senpai, even PGA chips are easy to fix
>>
>>52366485
>Ever dropped a CPU before on a hard surface?
Yes, several times.
>Did it end up working?
Don't know, probably not because I drilled a hole in it to make a keychain.
>>
>>52366649
how many years have you building pcs to drop cpu's several times?
>>
>>52366729
jesus christ you're thick.

He makes keychains out of old cpus, sometimes he drops them.
>>
>>52367007
Be nice to me. I've done nothing but good for you.
>>
>>52366541
>new and expensive CPU
>pins
but AMD isn't expensive, son.
>>
>>52366541
a ballpoint pen with the tip withdrawn used to work really well too
>>
>>52367062
This was many years back when AMD was still competitive in the highish end of the market.
>>
CPUs aren't that fragile, you could throw them into a brick wall and it probably wouldn't break unless it's a model with pins to bend. There's really nothing else to break, you just have to be careful with ESD.
>>
>>52366485
I dropped mine into an electric bug killer, suffice to say it didn't work after a few thousand volts sparked across it.
>>
>>52367062
Amd wasn't the only company to use pins. That poster could be older than you and have dealt with something else
>>
That CPU didn't fly so well
>>
Perhaps he's wondering why you would shoot a CPU before throwing it out of a plane?
>>
Was breaking pins part of your plan?
>>
>>52366485
Yes, my phenom x4 965
2 bent pins. Fixed it and it's still working after 4 years. Good CPU, gave it to my little bro
>>
>>52367813
>>52367706
FOR YOU :^)
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.