[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /g/ think about the new surface book?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: Surface-Book-Surface_Pen.jpg (895KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Surface-Book-Surface_Pen.jpg
895KB, 1920x1280px
What does /g/ think about the new surface book?
>>
>>52366378
New?
>>
Bump because im about to get one
>>
It could be good if it could shut properly, oh and when I went to the store to try it out it static electricity shocked me.
>>
Microsoft garbage.

That's the feeling I feel when I think about it.
>>
Extremely solid, only wish it shut completely. Don't care for the tablet mode.
>>
>>52366378
Its a decent idea, would wait for the second/third gen to see how they address it's issues and improve on it.

Assuming it survives
>>
Heard the input lag when using the stylus is laughably long.
>>
>>52367259
pretty much any touch screen device with a pen seems to have the delay. My dell Latitude XT and my ibm tablet did not seem to have as much lag as new thousand dollar two in ones. I wonder if its some draw back to using a digitizer that can do capacitance for fingers making it need an abnormally long filter time to determine what is the intended target ?
>>
>>52367259
there's almost zero lag, the only real complaint with the stylus is only 1 button in normal programs and that unlike a real pencil/pen if you have it tilted in your hand it both won't draw an ordinary line and certainly won't draw a larger line.

I'm probably returning my device because of it, the convenience of having a digital copy isn't greater for me than the convenience of holding a real pencil in a natural angle.
It will be cheaper to just get a nice scanner.
>>
I don't trust Microsoft as far as Steve Ballmer can throw a chair. Therefore anything they produce more complex than a simple input device (Intellimouse, Xbox 360 gamepad) can't be trusted either.
>>
>>52367329
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niD1N1d4nTc

>being this deluded
>>
I use the surface 3 (non pro) with atom processor, with the SP4 stylus, and really like it but I wouldn't buy a more expensive surface let alone a $1500 laptop version
>>
>>52368100
How's Photoshop on it?

Have you tried adobe premiere?
>>
>>52366378
I think I'll wait for the second generation.
>>
File: image.jpg (280KB, 2999x2249px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
280KB, 2999x2249px
>>
>>52367425
>Intellimouse
Microsoft Mobile Mouse 4000*
>>
I'm curious as to whether it's a grown-up PC tablet thing, where you can install or re-install or flatten and re-install Windows as much as you like from USB.

I just like to have the 'nuclear option' of a wipe, without relying on shitty software solutions like System Restore, or those abominable useless 'recovery partitions'.

Is this a big boy device?
>>
>>52367748
>literally drawing slower on the maxipad
You're not fooling anyone, faggot.
>>
File: surfacepenlatency.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
surfacepenlatency.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>52367748
>>52367259
>>52369610
/SurfaceShill/ here

I recorded a video just for you guys. While there is obviously way more lag than using a real pencil, it is not at all laggy like that >>52367748 youtube link makes it out to be.

As you can see in pic related it's not laggy.
There are a few times where I angled the pen too much and it didn't write anything as you can see I did that 2 or 3 times.
>>
>that shitty hinge

kek
>>
>>52367094
Surface Books have a defense mechanism against losers.
>>
>>52368728
All mobile Windows devices have recovery partitions.
Having said that, if it runs x86 there's literally no reason you couldn't jam a USB in there and install any x86 compatible OS you want.

The only exception is if the processor is a 32-bit Atom. Those have an unfixable defect in the UEFI firmware that prevent you from USB booting anything but Windows.
>>
>touch pens are starting to make a return
Any chance we have have physical buttons on phones back next?
>>
>>52370722
Yeah. And antennas, and those flippy-down parts at the front so you can pretend you're Neo and say 'whoa' a whole bunch. Also they should be tethered to a suitcase-sized battery, 'for when you're on the road'
>>
>>52370722
well, we're getting back the proprietary headphone plugs
>>
File: bb-priv-passport.jpg (131KB, 620x528px) Image search: [Google]
bb-priv-passport.jpg
131KB, 620x528px
>>52370722
>>
>>52370267
This degree of latency is fine for people who print their letters but fast traditional cursive looks awful at least on my SP3
>>
>>52371142
the sp4 pen has 1024 pressure points
sp3 pen has 256

idk if these pressure points are buzzwords or not
>>
>>52371227
It's all about the lag and the way it interprets movement. Pressure points would be relevant for an artist
>>
>>52367094

these devices are sentient and sense when a proper match is present, just like a grill

im so sorry anon
>>
>>52370267

pretty nice compared to my 10 year old HP TX2000 eye rape tablet
>>
it runs w10, so i think it's shit
>>
>>52371821
>it runs w10, so i think it's shit
Because you're an idiot
>>
>micro$oft copying ipad

lel
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.