[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Nokia drop meego? Would it have made any difference if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: Nokia_N950.jpg (144KB, 1496x1315px) Image search: [Google]
Nokia_N950.jpg
144KB, 1496x1315px
Why did Nokia drop meego?
Would it have made any difference if they'd kept it or was the company doomed to fail in the smartphone market?
>>
>>52361827

It doesn't matter how good/bad meego was.

They dropped it because the CEO wasn't there to further Nokia or make the company a success in the smartphone market.

He was there to implement windows and lower the value of the company in the process so that Microsoft could own it.
>>
>>52361827
It was objectively a shit OS, a step back compared to maemo. Maemo would be god tier with today hardware, too bad the neo900 project seems to follow the fate of all freetard projects and thus never actually materializing. It was pretty much doomed to fail anyway.
>>
>>52361863
Didn't the n9 have god tier hardware for that era?
My first Android device had a 600mhz processor and 128mb ram.
>>
>>52361856
This. Now that the Back Beast of Redmond has digested Nokia's bones, Elop was given a pile of money to go away quietly.
>>
>you'll never go back in time and change history so that Elop isn't hired as CEO
>>
>Why did Nokia drop meego?

Hostile takeover by Microsoft.
>>
>>52362696
Was meego actually better? I never got the chance to use it.
>>
is that the e7 or something else?
>>
>>52364138
>filename
if you wanna stealth-bump, at least bring someting new to the conversation
>>
Microsoft is the reason we can't have nice things
>>
>>52361907
Yea, the N9 had twice the specs of the Lumia 900. I still use it sometimes, the OS is great (especially since it comes with direct root access to the whole firmware). The OS was still in it's babysteps in some regards, but definitively usable. The only downside was the lack of apps (which, apart from Android and iOS, is the case for all alternative OSses).
>>
I wish nokia mass produced the phone in op's pic, n950.
>>
File: richard stallman.jpg (67KB, 424x439px) Image search: [Google]
richard stallman.jpg
67KB, 424x439px
N9 ran Maemo 7, not MeeGo. MeeGo never became anything because Intel fucked Nokia by not making mobile chips in time for their phones.

My theory is that the Americans and Israelis at Intel and Microsoft came together to destroy what Nokia was building in order to create American operating system dominance.
>>
Nokia is coming back this year
>>
File: wave.jpg (15KB, 380x212px) Image search: [Google]
wave.jpg
15KB, 380x212px
>>52366856
I thought n9 was running meego harmattan?

>>52368144
Probably going to return as another shitty brand using Android. Nokia is not aa good as it used to be.

I had one of pic related and it was an amazing phone. Color screen, internet browser, camera. It was almost a full smartphone.
And it had wave messaging where you'd type a message, wave your phone, and the LEDs in the back would write the text in the air. Shit was so cash.
>>
File: hologrem.jpg (19KB, 468x260px) Image search: [Google]
hologrem.jpg
19KB, 468x260px
>>52369515
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.