[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If gNewSense is bad, do we expect GNU/Hurd to be any better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: why.png (123KB, 2000x1592px) Image search: [Google]
why.png
123KB, 2000x1592px
If gNewSense is bad, do we expect GNU/Hurd to be any better?
>>
>>52359487
no
>>
>>52359696
Makes sense, man.
>>
>>52359487
GNU/Hurd is a joke desu senpai
>>
More like GNU/Turd
or GNU/Hurdurr
>>
>>52359487
Well, sometimes. I don't think it's a good river nor the fish in it are good tbqhf family.
>>
Comparing gNewSense with another kernel is like comparing apples and oranges.
>>
What's the point of gNewSense when Debian already is fully free?
>>
>>52363393
More fragmentation. That's what makes every GNUfag moist.
>>
>>52363393
gNewSense is sponsored by the FSF, because Debian makes it too easy to install restricted packages according to Stallman.
>>
>>52363393
Open source and pointless forking go hand in hand
>>
>>52363419
>the operating system makes it too easy for the user to get packages they want and that's bad

Freetard logic. Besides if you know how to edit your sources.list its probably not too hard to figure it out for a new system.
>>
>>52359865
GnuSense :^)
>>
>>52364475
>its OK to let people easily enslave other people (or themselves)
>countries should only provide freedom and not try and restrict freedom-restrictions

Americuck logic, everyone.
>>
>>52364509

I want the freedom to install closed-source software.
>>
>>52364531
I WANT THE FREEDOM TO HAVE SLAVES AND AINT NOBODY GUN' 'STRICT ME 'BOUT IT!!!

I think you forgot who won the civil war, south-cuck redneck.
>>
>>52359487
Windows NT Kernel > *
>>
>>52364531
The freedom to enslave others doesn't mean the slaves are free.
>>
>>52364475
Take it up with Stallman, not me.
>>
>>52364596
>>52364560
I really don't understand why you're talking about slavery.
>>
>>52364509
That's a false equivalence because human slavery and trafficking have nothing to do with software you autist.

And besides, all gnusense has done is hid the fact you can do it. All you have to do is fucking update your sources.list and you get proprietary software again. So fuck right off.
>>
>>52364560
In what way does me installing closed-source software compromise someone else's freedom?
>>
>>52365053
Go use Windows and shut up then. If you're gonna install a distro like this and then complain that you can't install closed source shit, you are an idiot. Install something else. That simple.
>>
>>52365483
That doesn't answer my question.
>>
>if X Distro is bad, do we expect X Kernel to do better?
what are you even asking me m8
if you wanted an FSF-made distro, take a look at GuixSD. Also, Trisquel > gNewSense. Even Stallman jumped ship.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.