[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck is the QC on Acer + ASUS' 144-165Hz G-Sync

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 5

Why the fuck is the QC on Acer + ASUS' 144-165Hz G-Sync IPS monitors so abysmal?
>pic semi-related

I've been through both a PG279Q and an XB271HU and they've both had issues w/ dust and dead pixels. Whoever they're getting these panels from needs to be shot.
>>
>>52358546
I have a PG279Q and love it. I realize I got lucky with no dead pixels or bleeding.
>>
>>52358627
I'm genuinely surprised, you must be incredibly lucky. Everywhere I check I hear people bitching about that monitor and it's BLB and color uniformity issues. Apparently ASUS attaches the panels like shit which causes tons of issues.
>>
>>52358546
I feel you anon.
Had the same issue with the mg279q (freesync alternative) went through 4 monitors. Decided I didn't want to deal with this shit and just bought a freesync lg ultrawide. Great monitor for the price with the exception of backlight bleed.
>>
>>52358791
I thought the mg279Q had better qc issues,no?
>>
>>52358791
I'm cuck'd into G-Sync since NVIDIA is a pile of shit and will probably never allow their cards to run FreeSync tech. But i'm glad you had some luck w/ monitors, I was hoping CES would have at least unveiled new monitors to pick from but the closest was that $1200 ViewSonic shit, so i'm stuck in a cycle of RMA.
>>
>>52358897
So have any of you had issues with the x34?
>>
>>52358925
I've heard the lottery to be quite easier to win w/ them. Still have a chance of the same old QC shit, though (BLB, dead pixels, dust under panel, bad IPS glow, color + temperature uniformity).

I'd get one if I had a dual 980Ti but seeing as I only have one, the 2560x1440p is ideal.
>>
>Tfw the best monitors aren't available in 24 1080p
>>
>>52359032
Are you fucking kidding me?

I can play games at 4k just fine (constant 100+ fps) at 4k @24", using a 4570k (OC to 4.5Ghz) and a GTX 970. Yet, you have a GTX 980 Ti, and can't do 3440x1440?

Just turn down your fucking settings, man. It's actually harder to play FPS games and such when there's so much distracting details like glows, ambient occlusion, and shit around.

That being said, I don't turn settings down to minimum, I keep textures, animations, models at max, disable AA (I hardly notice a difference from regular seating position at 24" @ 4K), and disable a lot of the unnecessary shit, like tesselation/ambient occlusion/motion blur/depth of field, etc.
>>
>>52359157
I'm unfortunately a sucker for Ultra settings so I don't dig turning shit down.

And that's pretty odd, the benchmarks i've seen for the 980ti's on 3440x1440 usually show it running around 60fps or so w/ mixed settings
>>
>>52358818
Lol no not at all, but more people have been reporting luck with them. Especially as time goes on. Amazon stopped selling them lol. They had alot of amazon warehouse mg279q s

>>52358897
Good ol' nvidia, proprietary and stubborn. However they did trigger the adaptive sync era. I'm glad I went for a cheapo ultrawide. Anyways, paying $1200 for a monitor is absurd. I suggest waiting if possible. But then again, waiting isn't necessarily going to make manufactures get off their lazy ass and do some real quality control.

>>52358925
I've heard that it has more acceptable levels of QC, and being that 1440p ultrawide is 33% harder to drive than 1440 16:9, it may be more appealing.
>>
>>52358546
I got an XB270HU in June and I have no backlight bleeding/dead pixel/dust issues.
>>
>>52359397
Considering the $1200 ViewSonic was a 2560x1440 G-Sync IPS just like the ASUS and Acer, it's absolute bullshit to be that high. Might as well pick up the Predator X34 at that point.

I'm planning on trying again this week w/ another XB271HU before the next semester of my university begins.
>>
The most disgusting thing is that people are STILL buying these $800 fucking GAYMEN monitors when they are filled to the brim with QC issues. Buyers keep RMAing them until they finally get one the third or fourth time that only has one or two issues instead of three or five.
An $800 should have zero issues 99% of the time. The new ASUS one has fucking 3.5/5 stars on Amazon. What a joke.

Honestly, the entire gaming monitor for $600-$1000 market shouldn't exist. Overpriced garbage.
>>
>>52359466
I've read the QC issues on the 270 were ironed out this summer in their August builds and stuff, so i'm not surprised. They shit out the 271hu in order to compete w/ the PG279Q that ASUS dropped. Only difference between the 270hu and the 271hu is cosmetic I believe.

The new 271's have a smaller + matte black bezel as well as a better stand w/o that horrid orange ring. I believe they also attach the panels in a different manner than the 270's in order to reduce BLB and shit
>>
>>52359210
same here. I'm not going back to mediocre
>>
>>52359515
Oh I totally agree even though i'm trying to get a good one. The major companies all buy their panels from the same overseas manufacturer who doesn't bother to look them over before sending them.

Not to say the consumers aren't an issue, though. People RMA these cunts for the slightest bit of inconsistency in colors and shit. If you check the Overclockers forum there's threads of people bitching about how they've returned 7+ monitors and how they haven't gotten a good one yet. The 279Q I got had 5 dead pixels and the XB271HU had a dead pixel and some pretty bad BLB, which I think is justification enough for both.

I just wish purchasing a product wasn't such a crapshoot lottery. But hey, why would Acer and ASUS give two fucks if people are still buying them
>>
>>52359210
I'm using a 3440x1440p ultra wide and a single g1 980ti. I run every game on ultra.
>>
>>52359714
What frames are you getting on demanding titles? I'm pretty curious b/c if the XB271HU shit goes south I may just save up for an x34 or some shit.
>>
>>52358546
Just bought a Benq XL2411Z and an Acer XB271HU. No issues.

But my own personal experience, and your personal experience, does not equate to a good evaluation of product/manufacturing quality. You need to aggregate user experience from a wide range of sources.
>>
>>52359762
Battlefront is around 70-110 fps. 60+ in new assassin s creed. Bf4 is over 100. The biggest hit was altis life which is a mod for arma 3 with fps dipping into the 40s. That's a more cpu intensive game though and my gpu usage was no more than 70% in that one. Paired with a 4690k FYI. Got plenty of other games I've played on it with that resolution just ask..
>>
>>52359870
Interesting, I appreciate that! Benchmarks seem to vary greatly so it's nice to have a personal firsthand account.
>>
>>52359762
Forgot to add quit giving your money to nigger ass companies like this. The x34 is riddled with issues. I bought the curved Dell and its perfect. Also was 500 shekels cheaper and can overclock to 75. Not too shabby.
>>
>>52359780
It isn't just anecdotal. Simply google *XB271HU/PG279Q* quality control issues and you'll see. It was the same issues with Acer's 270 and ASUS' 278q, minus IPS glow and shit since the 278 was TN.

But then again it's particularly biased as i've hunted for negative reviews rather than positive ones. I'm well aware of the capability of these monitors and how good they run, it's just trying to get a good one that's an issue.
>>
>>52359889
Ah, that's an option too! Dell's absolute shit in terms of prebuilt PC's obviously but their monitors seem pretty well-made.
>>
>>52359879
Honestly its not gonna ding you that much more than your resolution you said you are running now. If you fall for the 4k may may and want borderline ultra settings than ya sli 980tis all the way. Love my 3440x1440p setup though. It's the perfect balance right now.
>>
Are there any 24" 144 Hz 1080p non-TN panel monitors?

The only one I found was one from Eizo, but that one's pretty pricey and it's only 23,5".
>>
>>52359978
Yeah it doesn't seem like there are many of those. You'd have to either raise the size of the monitor or bump it up to 1440p
>>
>>52359762
> may just save up for an x34 or some shit.
Dont. The monitor is extremely mediocre for the price tag of $1200. Also, as most reviews state, it is riddled with quality control issues. This seems to be the case with every $800+ gaming monitor from the past year. It really is sad because it means that the companies behind their production are really getting them for dirt cheap prices. I know its the case for all electronics, but those monitors literally cost them $40-$50 to make, and they sell them for for x20 the price while being full of issues.
Supporting this should be frowned upon.
>>
>>52360102
It's a damn shame. It isn't even like it's new tech either. There really isn't any excuse as to why they're so riddled with issues. I've been running this cheap Samsung 1080p for years and it's been absolutely fine. Monitors reaching 1k+ shouldn't be so terrible.
>>
Is it worth possibly going with the Dell TN monitor? Or should I just wait till they do an IPS or ASUS and ACER iron out their shit?
>>
>>52359978
>144Hz
>anything >60Hz rather
>non-TN
Good luck finding them for a reasonable price, in the meantime I'm sticking with Ultrasharps.
>>
G-Sync is still early adopter tech right now. It adds a $300-400 premium to monitors.

That being said, it really is quite nice when you're trying to play shit like The Witcher 3 with Hairworks on if you don't have SLI Titan-X. Hairworks will drop your shit to like 30fps with a 970-980 and it feels just as smooth as 60 with adaptive sync.

Not worth $1000+ for a monitor, but it's really nice and is definitely the future unless GFX cards get ungodly good at compute and computing the physics of 115,000 individual strands of hair is feasible along with doing everything else.
>>
>>52358546
హే, నేను మరోసారి రెడీ: తిరిగి. నేను మీరు రిఫ్రెష్ బటన్ గురించి ఆ చిన్న విషయం కోసం పడిపోయింది అనుకుందాం లేదు. అన్ని తరువాత, మీరు స్పష్టంగా మీ చేతుల్లో సమయం చాలా ఉందో ఒక బాధ్యత, తెలివైన వ్యక్తి. సరే, మీరు బహుశా నేను కంటే ఎక్కువ సమయం కాదు. నేను అన్ని తర్వాత, నేను ఈ సైట్ చేసింది అర్థం.
>>
>>52360551
>ASUS and ACER iron out their shit?
This will never happen. They love the profit margins on their cheaply made and handled $800 gaming panels (~2000%). Even though there are such shitty reviews all over the place from normal people (not review sites/youtubers. They get sent "perfect" monitors that are specifically binned for reviewing), idiots are still buying the panels left and right at the ridiculous price because they feel they need 144hz IPS GSYNC. They actually put up with shitty monitor quality control, and after RMAing 2 or 3 times, give up and realize that its not getting much better. No reason for them to stop.
>>
benq is halfway decent
>>
>>52360612
GSYNC is essential for 1440p 144hz. No rig on the planet can run AAA titles at high settings at a constant 144fps or more. Without it, tearing is going to be coming out of the ass.

Shitty thing is AMD implemented the same thing for free without the $200 addon chip Nvidia says is required. AMD even said that Nvidia can use it, but they refused. A reverse engineer even cracked an Nvidia driver and got GSYNC to work on all cards without a supported monitor SKU... but got threatened by Nvidia and had to take it all down.

Nvidia is the fucking worst.
>>
>>52360678
the price will go down eventually when NVIDIA is forced to adopt freesync when intel does.
>>
>>52360645
Sadly they do not have a 144hz WQHD IPS G-Sync monitor. Which is the whole reason people are buying these dumpster fires.
>>
>>52358546
>dust
what is this I don't even...

>165 Hz
boy these monitor guys sure try hard to fit as much snake oil in as they can.
>>
>>52360678
I used to swear by them until that YouTuber dropped that vid where he showed all the shit they do to fuck over AMD in order to win out.

It can be seen as rather biased, but it was a pretty big eye-opener. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcF36_qMd8M
>>
>>52360731
Dust particles trapped underneath the screen is ironically a pretty big issue when it comes to these monitors.
>>
>>52360731
>165 Hz
Nobody is buying these over 144hz monitors or something if that's what you're implying. It's just either 60hz or go up to 144/165hz. Plenty of people want higher than 60 fps.
>>
>>52360758
>>52360731

Yeah, I forgot to add that in. They're still 144hz monitors, you're just able to OC them to 165hz if you wish to.
>>
>>52358546
becaue gaymers that buy those shitty monitors are too stupid to notice/care
>>
File: display-jpg.png (303KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
display-jpg.png
303KB, 630x630px
>>52360756
That's fucking amazing. Wow I need to get in to making gear for gamers. You don't actually have know shit.
>>
>>52360910
Gamers are always autistic.

If you look at the reviews of these monitors it's split between 5-star ravings about how they're the "be-all-end-all" and the rest are 1-2 star complaining about QC.

Funny thing is there's people who are actually say shit like "not everything in life is perfect", trying to justify these shit companies making these products. Like for fucks sake, it's an $800 monitor with issues that even ~$150 monitors don't have.
>>
File: 1449339600005.gif (198KB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
1449339600005.gif
198KB, 250x141px
>>52361038
I think I'm going to get a bunch of 60 Hz monitors and program a FPGA to accept a 144Hz signal and output a 60Hz signal with simulated dust then hide the chip inside the 60Hz monitors. Hell why stop at 144? If they can see the difference between 60 and 144 imagine how awesome 600Hz would be. I'm gonna be rich just watch
>>
>>52360576
What's wrong with refresh rates >144 Hz? Are you one of those "The human eye can only perceive 30fps anyway" memesters?
>>
all i want is a 126MHz monitor in 1920x1080 with no bullshit.

will i have to buy a CRT monitor just so i can play Quake?
>>
>>52361232
inb4 your eye can't see the difference above 100MHz
>>
I'll have my MG279Q by friday, I hope I won't have any issues.
>>
>>52358546
Acer just sucks. I only buy Asus monitors now, I've never had backlight bleed or dead pixels
>>
>>52358627

Same. My ROG swift is still perfect. The colors look just as good as a IPS. Decent-ish viewing angles (for a tn). 1ms response time. 144hz with g sync. No dead pixels. No backlight bleed at all. (I went thru 3 acer monitors all with terrible bleed).
>>
>>52361253
i dont get this meme, is it a thing because most people are too young to remember CRT, or too poor to afford high end LCD's?
>>
>>52358546

Got the Acer Predator X34 in Australia.

No issues at all.

Would recommend

PCCG is life
>>
>>52361396
Surprisingly, those who have purchased both have vouched for Acer in terms of QC and build quality.

I personally like both and would be satisfied w/ either. I dig the ASUS one better, but would probably go w/ Acer for these. ASUS may have a better base and OSD, but if the QC is shit it ain't worth it
>>
>>52361509
The difference between 30 and 60 FPS is huge. The difference between 60 and 90 FPS is noticeable. The difference between 90 and 120 FPS is minute.

Coming from a CRT user.
>>
>>52358791
I'm still struggling with my piece of shit mg279q.
I've ordered the 3rd cable to try it before i sell it. I constantly get displayport link failures.
>>
>>52358546
Whats the deal with 144Hz, what is that gsync stuff, do I need special GPU for those?
XL2411Z gsynced?
>>
>>52361674
G-Sync runs off of NVIDIA cards, so if you have one you can use it. It's a chip installed in the monitor which effectively removes any possibility of screentearing in games.

144Hz is the refresh rate of your monitor. Google the comparisons between 60hz and 144hz and see why people dig them so much.
>>
>>52361664
Might be the port itself. Have you tried using HDMI or something?
>>
>>52361718
I know the difference betwen 60Hz and 140Hz I have seen it live, but I dont understand the part of gsync, do I need to aim for that when buying new pc or its nvidia money meme?
>>
>>52361745

gsync is good.
very worth
freesync is the amd equivalent
>>
>>52361745
That's up to you. You could stick with V-Sync if tearing doesn't bother you too much, but you'll lose minor performance w/ it on as per usual.

If you're using an AMD card you're lucky because they use their FreeSync technology which is similar to G-sync and it's open-source tech that doesn't tack on hundreds of dollars.

If you don't want any tearing at all and you're running nvidia tech, i'd say try to shoot for G-sync even though it's a $300 markup
>>
>>52361745
>I dont understand the part of gsync, do I need to aim for that when buying new pc or its nvidia money meme?
Gsync will remove all possible tearing from the display output on the monitor within a certain refresh threshold. For the high end monitors, its usually 40hz to 144hz range. What this means is that as long as you stay between 40fps and 144fps in a game, you will NEVER see any screen tearing (frames not lining up correctly). This makes games feel really smooth.

Now, AMD has done the SAME thing with no extra costs added. Its been done via software. Same effect. They offered up the technology to Nvidia, but they refused to acknowledge it. Displayport 1.3 will also feauture this kind of thing in what is called "Adaptive Sync". Intel has also confirmed that they gave a GSYNC alternative for their integrated GPU solutions coming. Chances are if you have a 4th gen Intel CPU and up with any integrated graphics, you will be able to utilize this even with a dedicated GPU by its side. This effectively would make GSYNC useless, and it scares the shit out of Nvidia. There is no need for proprietary hardware. It can be done through software and this has been proven by a driver hacker and competing companies.
>>
>>52361788
Very good explanation, thanks!
I think Il get some benq and some amd card then in near future for my new build
and yes for me maximum performance is a must I love playing fast paced fps shooters on insane mode
>>
>>52361871
AMD sounds like a good choice. Freesync monitors of the same exact spec as their GSYNC equivalents are literally $200 cheaper, so you will be really happy.
If you play FPS competitively, and are VERY serious about it, your going to want a 144hz, 1ms response time panel. If your super competitive, and want better colors and viewing angles, spring for a 4ms IPS panel.
>>
>>52361928
>If your super competitive
I meant if you're *not* super competitive. Sorry.
Anyways, I would go IPS with a 4ms or 5ms GTG lag anyday over the shit colors of a TN display.
>>
>>52361733
it's a problem with these monitors. only dp can do 144hz
>>
>>52361871
Basically what >>52361928 said. The PG278Q is still a great monitor with good color reproduction for a TN panel. If you're doing serious competitive FPS such as CS:GO, go w/ that monitor.

If you want good color reproduction, however, you're gonna want an IPS, which are the ones listed in the thread title. A 3ms difference isn't a ton when you factor in shit like ping, so it boils down to viewing angles and color reproduction.
>>
>>52362077
CS:GO can be played on 60Hz really, I am more into hardcore ones like quake/cpma/reflex
>>
>>52362077
I want 24inch though, what about BenQ XL2411Z-3D ?
>>
So you still have to choose between refresh rates and picture quality with new monitors? For fuck's sake it's 2016
>>
are there going to be any dp 1.3 ultrawide gaming monitors released this year?

>>52362251
No. au optronics has shit panels and no one is competing with them. that is the problem.
>>
>>52362280
So if I want a new monitor I'll still have to wait another 2-3 years? God damnit
>>
>>52362352
Thats what I was doing for last 2 years, its not getting better, just bigger screens really, who the fuck even wants 27 inch meme monitor, you cant even fucking see all the things if you play fast games and should sit half a meter from monitor ...
>>
>>52362352
well the 100hz g sync ultrawides are good from what i've read, but they aren't 144hz and don't have ulmb I think.

Not to mention HDR tech, where is the gaming monitor of it????
We have seen alot of progress in the past 2 years, but it looks like more of the same in 2016.
>>
Should I get the LG Freesync 27MU67-B? Is that the best priced 4K IPS out right now?
>>
>tfw using my comfy 24 in Asus vg248whateveritscalled 144hz 1080p monitor

I want g sync but I don't notice any screen tearing at 144hz so I can't justify it. I don't think adaptive sync is necessary until you hit 1440 or higher resolutions.
>>
File: 84775226.jpg (3MB, 2400x3191px) Image search: [Google]
84775226.jpg
3MB, 2400x3191px
>>52358546
ah come one, just some dead pixels and probably abysmal blb. At least they offer 8b depth for every color
>>
>>52358546
>buying anything except Dell

Top cuck.
>>
>>52362454
it's a really nice screen, even if you don't have a gpu capable of freesync. The only disadvantage i know of is that the VRR window isn't big enough for framedoubling, so better make sure you stay above ~35/40FPS if you use VRR...

>>52362876
>I don't think adaptive sync is necessary until you hit 1440 or higher resolutions.
Only thing that matters for that are your frametimes. If you have almost perfectly smooth frametimes at 144FPS on a 144Hz monitor, sure, you won't notice much of a difference. If it fluctuates you will.

Generally speaking the impact of VRR becomes less noticeable at lower frametimes and higher refresh rate monitors, but even at 144Hz it's a noticeable advantage.
>>
>>52362365
What the fuck should I get then
>>
Fuck off shill, every G-sync monitor gets reviewed by Nvidia, that's much better than no review at all for shitsync AMD has
>>
>>52363300
You have to accept there's no optimal answer and go with what seems best for your situation.
>>
>>52363330
BUT EVERY MONITOR IS SHIT
>>
>>52358546
That's one reason why I got an Eizo Foris FS2735.
The other reason is because it has lower display lag.
>>
>>52363368
exactly, you either go for 1k$ 27inch nonsense, or suffer in quality of somethingin 24 inchs
>>
>>52363408
>freesync
>>
>>52363415

1000 $ for a 27" 1440p 144hz IPS ? Do you have like a claptax in murica ?
>>
>>52363408
>$1200 for a freesync monitor
>>
>>52363468
EU fag
>>
>>52363471
Fuck yeah, it's worth every cent.
>>
>>52363506
explain how is it better than gsync?
>>
>>52363540
It works with AMD GPUs. And every other brand as well, if the manufacturer implements the feature.
>>
>>52363555
>AMD
You bought a $1200 monitor but you can't afford a real graphics card?
>>
>>52363567
exactly, you can get gsync monitor + nvidia gtx 960 for that money
>>
>>52363583
>implying my 290X wasn't a better choice than the 780

>>52363583
>implying the 960 isn't gimped to hell and back
>>
>>52363193
RE: 27MU67-B, was going to run a 390X and downsample to 1080p locked at 60Hz. 2017 on I'll upgrade to a HBM based card. Dumb idea?
>>
>>52363986
nah, it's fine. The hawaii cards have enough juice for 1440p in demanding games as well, and interpolation on that monitor works really nice. Higher refresh rates are also nice, though... If you do something with it that would really benefit from that you should probably go for a >100Hz 1440p monitor instead, or wait for DP 1.3 monitors next year, we should see >60Hz 4K monitors then. The panels are capable of that, it's just the connector that doesnt offer enough bandwidth that limits currently (DP 1.2)
>>
When are we going to get a G-Sync monitor that isn't crap?
>>
>>52364095
there are enough already. They're just expensive and it's retarded to use walled garden shit instead of the open alternative than can do everything gsync does without locking you to a single vendor.
>>
>>52364103
>there are enough already.
Like?
>it's retarded to use walled garden shit instead of the open alternative than can do everything gsync does without locking you to a single vendor
But FreeSync locks you into a single vendor too
>>
>>52361427
I have a U2414H next to my ROG Swift, so I can tell the difference in viewing angles and color fairly easily.

That said, it looks good enough, and no dead pixels and that refresh rate/response time at 1440p is pretty sweet.
>>
File: motion-blur-graph.png (43KB, 576x460px) Image search: [Google]
motion-blur-graph.png
43KB, 576x460px
>>52364103
>alternative than can do everything gsync

There it is again. AMD faggots making up lies.

There is no pg279q freesync equivalent.

There is only one (1) freesync monitor capable of backlight strobing, and it's old as fuck and cost more than gsync equivalents.

99% of gsync monitors support ulmb.

Gsync monitors offer frame synching, 3d, and ulmb.
>>
>>52364211
>There is no pg279q freesync equivalent.
You mean an overpriced piece of shit with a 90% return rate?
>>
>>52364244
Good textbook example of strawman
>>
>>52362352
you will be waiting forever, near perfect monitors like the LCD2490WUXi are just not made any more (in the price range)
>>
Well since this is the monitor qc complaint thread, I just got 2 s2415h Dell monitors with some issues

First monitor
>great colors
>great blacks
>slightly yellow whites
>a bit of backlight bleed, but nothing bad enough to be noticeable while in use
Very happy with this one considering it was $140

Second monitor
>decent colors
>blacks are fucking grey
>whites are white as fuck
>enough backlight bleed to be noticeable during dark scenes
This fucking thing is comparable to the TN panel I paid $100 for 5 years ago. Gonna return it and try for one that matches the first monitor better.

Why is it so hard to make these panels consistently?
>>
Is the U2515H decent enough to hold me over until OLED monitors are a thing?
>>
>ITT people actually defending nonfree Nvidia
It's like you want to be cucked
Install Gentoo faggots
>>
>Have owned the same 2 Asus VS238 monitors for 2 years with no ploblems whatsoever.
>>
>>52360678
you are an idiot.

G-sync has circuitry on the monitor its self. theirs a frame buffer on the monitor so you can't "hack" the driver to make it work on any monitor.

what did happen however is that on moible GPUs someone hacked the driver and got "free sync" working with it, quotes because its not free sync per say but same idea.

please stop being retarded
>>
This is why you should buy korean monitors.

less QC issues despite being A- (I've personally bought 3, have friends buy a bunch too)
worst I had was a Single dead pixel on a monitor.

You don't get fucked by profit margins, and you get a product that equal or better than the offerings of these companies.
>>
>>52364727
Are there any korean 1440p IPS monitors with thin bezels? All the ones I've seen have had fuckhuge bezels
>>
>>52364763
The beauty is that they can be easily debezzled, and even if you fuck up the process they're only $300~ now so its not the end of the world.

I suggest you check out overclockers forms (?) they have a couple threads dedicated to debezzling.
>>
>>52364211
>99% of gsync monitors support ulmb
No, not even close. Also it's useless since VRR and ULMB dont work together, you have to choose. And if you've ever seen a VRR monitor in action you'll know that in that case people will go with VRR, not ULBM.
>3d
lmao, that died 3 years ago. Also doesnt work with VRR

>no PG279Q equivalent
well, the MG279Q comes close, just a few Hz short. Also, and thats the important point, this is not due to limitations of VESA adaptive sync, but due to monitor manufacturers simply not offering something like that with it, yet.
>>
>>52364127
>Like?
Well, the PG279Q and the acer 3440x1440 thing are OK if you get one that isnt completly broken for example...

>But FreeSync locks you into a single vendor too
Well, but out of different reasons. FreeSync is what AMD calls their implementation of VESA adaptive sync, an open standard. Everyone that wants to can support it. Intel already announced support, and at some point in the future nvidia will have to support it too...
>>
>>52364890
>PG279Q and the acer 3440x1440 thing are OK if you get one that isnt completly broken for example...
Which is a 1 in 1000 chance
>Intel already announced support
What does it matter? Who even uses integrated graphics?
>and at some point in the future nvidia will have to support it too...
Except they already stated that they will never support it.
>>
It's like they don't even bother to turn these monitors on before they ship them off.
>>
>>52364998
Of course they will support it. VESA adaptive sync is basically a standard feature now that all the large scaler manufacturers include it in their standard hardware and monitor manufacturers can support it without any serious amount of work. They'll support it, the only question is when. I bet they'll announce it with pascal and call it "G-Sync light" or whatever.
>>
>>52364998
>Who even uses integrated graphics?
A shit ton of people for slight gaming, and even more for office crap. VRR can be usefull for office/multimedia work too, for watching videos without judder for example.
>>
I have an Acer XF270HU. It's freesync, 2560x1440, 144Hz, IPS.

My only complaints are the ugly orange circle on the stand and the price, though it's considerably cheaper than the nearly identical G-sync variant. No QC issues to report.
>>
>>52367907
no backlight bleeding? That was terrible, and it took my colleague about 4 hours to find good calibration settings so that the colors looked good...
>>
So is G-SYNC really worth it?

I'm currently on a pretty decent 1080p/60hz TN monitor (AOC 2461W to be exact) and I want a decent upgrade.

I'd never consider G-SYNC if my current 970/i5 4690k combo didn't have some really annoying FPS fluctuations in games like TW3 and GTAV
>>
>>52368043
If you want to eliminate all possibility of screentearing, then yeah i'd say it's worth it. Sucks that it's hardware that adds hundreds of dollars when it can be done w/ software but oh well.
>>
>>52368472
I don't mind screentearing, it's choppiness that bugs me.

The thing is I could either:
>buy an XF270HU with a resolution the 970 won't handle
>buy a smaller 1080p one which means I have to upgrade again when/if I upgrade my GPU
OR
>buy a really nice 60hz 1080p IPS panel for under 250 pounds and use the remaining money elsewhere

Sometimes I wish I could be a richfag so shit like this wouldn't bother me so much.
>>
>>52367929
If I put it to full brightness, show a completely black image and look at it in total darkness, I can maybe-sort-of-kinda see some a lighter patch in the bottom left? But when I bought the monitor I thought it was on the bottom right so now I don't know what to believe. I'm paranoid about these things.

tl;dr barely perceptible/imperceptible backlight bleeding.

The colours are really swell though, it's the best looking monitor I've ever used. Freesync is also useful, as it seems to prevent decreases in frame rate from causing a stutter. Worth noting that although it's advertised with a freesync ranger of 40-144Hz, it doesn't seem to go below 42.
>>
Feel you man. My MG279Q has a small dirt particle near the center of the screen. Looks like a dead pixel but is actually not. This is my second MG279Q. Had to RMA the first one because it skipped frames at 144hz. What a pity because the panel itself was fine though. Couldn't be arsed to RMA it again because it took almost a month to get a new monitor (was supposed to take a few days), so I just decided to keep it.
>>
>>52368940
OP here; that sucks dude. The Acer one I got appeared to have some sort of dust/dead pixel shit in the corner in addition to BLB so I just sent that one back today. It's a pain that the warranties on these fuckers are god awful and serve to protect ASUS and Acer from these liabilities. Even w/ issues, you gotta wait weeks for an RMA.
>>
you guys spend way too much for Call of Duty pixels
>>
>>52361664
Have the same issue with my monitor. I'm guessing it's a common issue. Oh well
>>
>>52369586
poorfag detected
>>
>TFW my XG270HU came with no issues first time
Felt good bruh.
>>
>>52368733
>it doesn't seem to go below 42.
below 42Hz? Yeah, it will rarley do that because of framedoubling. Shouldn't be a problem though. Or do you mean that freesync doesnt work below 42FPS? That would be odd, are you using a crimson driver?
Thread posts: 137
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.