[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
>pfft macbooks dont have floppy drives,...
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 36
File: w.jpg (33 KB, 608x355) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
w.jpg
33 KB, 608x355
>pfft macbooks dont have floppy drives, nobody will buy them
>macbooks become a huge success and floppies become obsolete a few years later

>pfft the new macbooks dont have cd drives, nobody will buy them
>macbooks become a huge success and cds become obsolete a few years later


>pfft the new macbooks dont have ethernet, nobody will buy them
>macbooks become a huge success and practically nobody uses ethernet with laptops now

>pfft the new iphone doesn't have 3.5mm jack

when will you luddites learn
>>
Those were two old technologies on their way out. You think wired audio is going to be obsolete in 3 years?
>>
iphone 5s was the last good iphone d e s u
>>
>>52349147
Nobody's said the only other option is bluetooth.

the 3.5mm form factor has long been obsolete, but headphone manufacturers won't make anything else because it's ubiquitous, and it's ubiquitous because nobody wants to upset the status quo. It's a vicious circle

If the iphone 7 becomes popular than manufacturers will start producing high end lightning headphones
>>
>>52348963
Just move Lighting connector on top for Lighting headphones and done
>>
>iPhone 7 has USB C
>USB C can be used as a headphone jack
>Headphones with USB C become the standard, as all worthwhile devices coming out have USB C
I don't see the problem
I mean, other than the fact that apple will go with it's own retarded charger instead, of course
>>
File: confusedcat.jpg (15 KB, 211x241) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
confusedcat.jpg
15 KB, 211x241
>>52349203
>the 3.5mm form factor has long been obsolete
>used absolutely everywhere
>long been obsolete
>>
>>52349203
>retard alert
>>
File: aapl.png (47 KB, 1310x462) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
aapl.png
47 KB, 1310x462
>>52348963
Applefags on suicide watch!
>>
lmao, you seriously think applefags can obsolete ethernet and 3.5mm based on previous tech naturally coming to the end of its lifetime?
>>
>>52348963
so how can you charge it at the same time as using headphones?
>>
>>52349238>>52349238
>IPhone 7
>USB C
Pick one and only one
>>
>>52349249
>>52349240
>illiterate samefag
>>
>>52349181
>>52349258
>>52349249
>>52349271
>>52349289
>>52349296
virgins that have never had sex
>>
>>52349267
> obsolete ethernet

Are you an idiot? Nobody said ethernet was obsolete. We're talking strictly about built in on board ethernet for laptops.
>>
>>52349296
Feel free to explain how the 3.5mm plug is obsolete.

I bet you think Ethernet is obsolete too and won't be used anywhere in a few years.
>>
>>52349203
Changing the form factor of a connector for two fucking thin strings of copper wrapped in rubber won't improve performance of neither your headphones nor your ifaggotry.

If apple was really bothered by the size of a 3.5 jack, they could've used a 2.5 jack which is what dumbphone manufacturers used to to a decade ago before everyone realized it's just plain retarded.

What apple wants you to do it's squeeze more money out of your pockets since you will be forced to buy either dedicated headphones or an adapter.
>>
>>52349271
Why would you want to do that? Do you like being bound to a wall or something?
>>
>>52349325
>I bet you think Ethernet is obsolete too and won't be used anywhere in a few years.
It is on MOBILE devices like laptops. Do you have an Ethernet port on your phone?
>>
File: 201234212337992.jpg (23 KB, 500x500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
201234212337992.jpg
23 KB, 500x500
>>52349369
Yes I do.
>>
>>52349311
I have had sex but I agree with their ranting, thinner phone, crappier battery, bendgate 2.0

Come on, you know it will happen.
>>
>>52348963
Where is the camera bump on the 6 and 6 Plus?
>>
>>52349395
what is this?
>>
>>52349395
Please tell me this is real
>>
>>52348963
>>pfft macbooks dont have floppy drives, nobody will buy them
Said no one ever.
>>pfft the new macbooks dont have cd drives, nobody will buy them
Said no one ever.
>implying cds are obselete
>>pfft the new macbooks dont have ethernet, nobody will buy them
Maybe some people said.

You don't have a very good track record with this.
>>
File: msuctmh4vhqmloo2.jpg (2 MB, 3360x2520) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
msuctmh4vhqmloo2.jpg
2 MB, 3360x2520
Pick related is what Apple wants to get rid off in the next iteration of the iPhone. The 3.5mm jack and the SIM card slot both are as big as the fucking processor. And they are now ready to optimize this waste of space.
>>
>>52349395
Is that a goddamn raspberry pi phone?
>>
Nobody complains that their new graphics card doesn't come with VGA.

It's 2016, nobody should have a smartphone that still uses decades old analog out.

Apple will revolutionize the industry once again by forcing manufacturers to put the DAC and amps on the headphone, the fucking way it should be. Premium cans = premium DAC, you get what you pay for

you fags were complaining about iphone sound quality anyways, now that responsibility can be delegated to the audio equipment manufacturer. So what are you complaining about
>>
File: tumbling down.png (35 KB, 1332x319) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
tumbling down.png
35 KB, 1332x319
>>
>>52349369
> Do you have an Ethernet port on your phone?

I'd fucking love that.
>>
>>52349468
>>implying cds are obselete
senpai ...
>>
>>52349325
I'll explain it to you since you lack basic reading comprehension.

Ethernet is not obsolete. We use it on desktops and non-mobile devices. If you're a network technician going house to house and carry a laptop for troubleshooting then obviously you won't get a laptop without a ethernet. But then again you won't be the target demographic.

The vast majority of people who use laptops don't need ethernet because wifi is ubiquitous and reliable enough now. Just like people don't need a built in cd drive for driver installation because that's freely available online.
>>
>>52348963
I've literally never met anybody intelligent owning a mac or ithing. And every time they have these fucking stupid problems that are either a) non-issues or b) cannot be fixed by anyone.
>>
>>52349311
not true, your mum took turns servicing our cocks.
>>
>>52349475
>Nobody complains that their new graphics card doesn't come with VGA.

Tell that to anyone who doesn't jerk it to getting bleeding edge technology. The most asked for item from my repair shop is HDMI to VGA converters.
>>
>>52349395
My dick is so hard right now.

Anyway, ethernet can be important on a laptop. If you're a network admin then you may need to diagnose network problems, which may mean plugging into different parts of your wired network to solve issues.
Taking a using a laptop makes sense. Needing an adapter to plug into the ethernet does not.
Thankfully Apple doesn't dominate the industry and there are actual choices out there.
>>
>>52349526
I asked about the 3.5mm jack, not Ethernet.

I can plug my phones analog output to my car stereo, to external speakers, in fact anywhere that has a line input. Good luck finding a car stereo with a lightning cable.
>>
It's amazing how Apple apologists are already defending this shit. The message boards are lighting up with uninformed shit like, "there's no difference in quality between bluetooth and wireless". Last I looked bluetooth still uses compression algorithms. Guess it doesn't matter though since iPhone cant play lossless files and tracks bought from iTunes are 230-something mbps.
>>
>>52348963
Chromebooks came without CD drives before the MacBook followed suit
>>
>>52349566
That's fucking retarded, the only monitors that have VGA only and no dvi can be powered by the onboard VGA that every mobo has.

Tell me what contrived use case scenario these people need it for
>>
>>52348963

I DON'T WANT A FLIMSY PIECE OF SHIT. FUCK OFF WITH YOUR THINNESS MEME.
>>
>>52349514
Still the best way to purchase audio friend.
>buying company compressed audio
>implying they have audio quality at all in mind

I know some people would say lossless is a meme but you should at least be able to purchase it lossless and convert for yourself.
>>
>>52349395
This is what smartphones were suppose to be like and become over time. Add more functionality instead of dumbing them down to social media fashion accessories.
>>
>>52349586
>230-something mbps.
>230 ... mbps
Anon.
>>
>>52348963
>pfft apple product is shit, no one will buy it

of course they will.

the iphone is the only product that's capable of doing what you describe though.
>>
File: adc190.gif (33 KB, 599x600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
adc190.gif
33 KB, 599x600
>>52349629
>purchase audio
>>
Remember retina display? Who need high resolution display? Pfft 1366x768 is enough. Any one have screenshot /g/ from the old day?
>>
>>52349350
>low battery
>at home anyway
>want to listen to music/podcast while phone is being charged
Is having less features a feature now thanks to Apple? The iphone 7 is probably going to have shit battery life too because of muh thinness.
>>
>>52349668

What people didn't like was the "retina" branding, as if it was something special or unique about it. It wasn't then, and it isn't now.
>>
>>52349642
My bad, its 256 kbps. Got my shit mixed up.
>>
>>52349668
>Remember retina display? Who need high resolution display?
Everyone already had high resolution displays. Apple lagged behind and then shat out something slightly higher and suddenly they were revolutionary.

Same thing they did with their phones actually.

>but there are people still putting out laptops with 1366x768!
Yeah, including Apple.
>>
>>52349668
Shit was glorious.

>b-but everything will be too small with that resolution
>no way they are able to power this screen on a PHONE
>nobody needs this, I'm a huge faggot btw

Good times...
>>
Honestly I wouldnt hate using a microusb C headphone but i want to be able to charge my phone as well. Also if companies follow suit. I'm sure this will give rise to front facing speakers on all phones.
>>
>>52349681
>Is having less features a feature now thanks to Apple?
Been a thing for a long time. Look at all Android phones that did away with SD cards and removable batteries. Don't even get me started on bullshit aluminum builds that bend, dent, and scratch.
>>
>>52349369
>It is on MOBILE devices like laptops
Except it's available on a shit-ton of laptops except ultrathins. I work for the 3rd largest architectural & engineering firm and everyone has a laptop less than two years old (half of them less than a year). Guess how many don't have ethernet ports?

I imply zero, but it's actually not zero. There's like two VPs that use a Surface Pro instead.


>>52349475
>It's 2016, nobody should have a smartphone that still uses decades old analog out.
Sound is analog, retard.

>>52349475
>DAC and amps on the headphone, the fucking way it should be. Premium cans = premium DAC, you get what you pay for
This is the stupidest thing I've read on /g/ today. So you're going to put active components in an inherently passive device, making it larger and heavier for no reason other than you want a new digital connector. lololololololol
>>
>>52349668
1366x768 was never enough.

Even my T60 from 2007 or so has a 1400x1050 resolution.
>>
>>52349475
>thinking that nobody uses 3.5mm
>being this retarded

You would be right if nearly every headphone didn't have a 3.5mm jack.
Apple apologists >>>/out/
>>
>>52349472
if they want to get rid of two of the most widely used technologies, that's their business, but the industry isn't going to magically change because they said so
>>
>>52349665
But i want to support groups that make the music i like by buying their CDs.
>>
>>52349772
haha just wait see
>>
>>52349749
At least there are still some phones which aren't built with apple's retarded ideology in mind.
>>
>>52349792
Yeah, Apple sure showed the industry that firewire is superior than USB. No one uses USB now!

Same with PPC! x86 is such shit! Apple totally pushed out Intel from the desktop market!
>>
>>52348963
Ethernet I can see a problem with because of deployment scenarios. Unless Mac netboot can work over WiFi.
>>
>>52349618
Lots of new laptops only have HDMI and sometimes minidisplayport

Lots of old or cheap monitors are VGA only

Lots of people want a second monitor for their laptop at their desk
>>
File: what-00005.png (217 KB, 368x465) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
what-00005.png
217 KB, 368x465
>>52349203
>the 3.5mm form factor has long been obsolete
>>
>>52349668
>>
>>52349751
What the fuck are you doing on /g/ if you don't know what dac is? >>>reddit/r/computerilliterate
>>
>>52350142
toppest of keks
>>
>>52348963
Except CDs aren't obsolete at all.

You're not very good at this.
>>
>>52349618
I'm posting this using a CRT monitor running at 1600x1200 90hz through VGA.

And yes, it has better picture quality than your LCD.
>>
>>52350310
>And yes, it has better picture quality than your LCD.

kek
>>
>>52350310
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA desu senpai HAHAHAH
>>
I'm not going to carry around a fucking adapter to be able to plug the normal headphones I already have into my phone.

Speaking of shit I don't like about the phone market:
>phablet sized phones that are too large to use with one hand
>as battery technology improves, phones get thinner to maintain the same battery life, instead of staying the same size to have better battery life
Can get stop this?


>but my phablet phone is so good for porn!
Why not just get an cheap tablet that will provide a much better experience for this? It's not like you need your porn device on you at all times, right?
>>
>>52349526
He might lack reading comprehension, but you're not exactly one to talk since when asked about why did you think 3.5mm was obsolete you replied about ethernet.
>>
>>52350345
>>52350377
I know it's difficult to accept, but it's true. Your LCD has garbage contrast, shit black levels, awful viewing angles, and motion blur. They all do. You just don't realize it, because you've been looking at nothing but trash displays for the last decade.
>>
>>52350379
>Why not just get an cheap tablet that will provide a much better experience
Tablets are completely worthless unless they run iOS. Even then, iPad is still pretty useless. Why would you want to carry one shitty device and one decent device when you could have them merged into one device?
I don't see how people can use phones under 5.5 inches.
>>
>>52349668
It was glorious.

>"lol have a shit resolution my laptop is 1080p!"
>Apple released high res
>"No one needs that high of a resolution anyway"
>other manufactures release high res displays
>"Hey guys look at my amazing resolution"
>>
File: retina.jpg (852 KB, 1280x1706) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
retina.jpg
852 KB, 1280x1706
>>52350419
CRTs have terrible contrast in real world conditions due to the simple fact that the phosphors reflect some light back to your eyes. LCDs polarize the light, so in a properly lit room a good LCD will have much deeper blacks CRTs.
CRTs have less imperfect geometry, blurrier pixels (even trinitrons), tons of judder issues (since 60hz is painful to use and your GPU's RAMDAC won't let you use 120hz at any decent resolution), less uniform colors and luminosity (thanks to the fact phosphors degrade), interference thanks to using VGA, and plenty of other issues.
Don't forget the fact a CRT will NEVER do this. Even tightest dot pitches can't match a high PPI display.
>>
>>52350506
CRTs have imperfect geometry*
>>
>>52348963
>extremely thin phones

why?
>>
>>52350536
bendgate was only the beginning
they want iPhones on rolls like toilet paper so you actually can use it for something like wiping your ass
>>
>>52350506
And not a single one of these issues is even remotely as intolerable as looking at a dark image on an LCD in a dark room and seing fucking mild grey instead of black.
>>
>>52350584
>as intolerable as looking at a dark image on an LCD in a dark room
Why would you be doing that? If your room needs to be dark then you should have some kind of bias lighting.
>>
>>52350422
Why would you carry around your porn device anywhere at all?
>>
>>52350584

That's not true. CRT monitors set at 60Hz are impossible for me to use as they make my eyes hurt.

I am currently running at 1600x1200 at 100Hz.
>>
>>52350620
Why would I buy a tablet to look at porn when I could use my computer?
>>
>>52349786
Go to a concert, thats how I do it. Its more rewarding for you, the band and less money gets lost to middle men and stays in local economy through venue profits.

Just went to a great one yesterday, cost me 20 euro. I wouldnt ever buy music online for 20 yurobucks.
>>
>>52349311
That's pretty redundant
>>
>>52350310
what crt
>>
>>52350639
>Go to a concert
Can't unless i get a plane ticket to the other side of the world.
>>
>>52350149
Pretty sure you're retarded. He never said he didn't understand what a dac is. He said that adding a "premium" dac and amp to a pair of headphones will result in either a giant dongle on the cable or a pair of cans that are too big and clunky
>>
>>52349345
>they could've used a 2.5 jack
Breaks too easily, even the 3.5mm jacks bend very easily.
>>
>>52348963
Good. 3.5mm need to die. Thunderbolt audio is going to dominate the market, screenshot this post.
>>
>>52351271
There is th eissue of chargng while listening.
Wireless charging isn't on Apple's roadmap as far as we know.
More likely it's going to be short-range BlueTooth earpods.
>>
File: top kyek.jpg (59 KB, 960x768) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
top kyek.jpg
59 KB, 960x768
>>52349598
>Chromebooks did it first
>implying that anybody should have paid attention and/or cared
>>
>>52349395
Now THAT'S neat.
>>
>>52349395
If apple really wants to start making money, they need to make a phone with an Ethernet port that you can plug headphones into.
>>
>>52348963
>macbook
>macbook
>iphone
one of these things is not like the others
can you tell which one
>>
The issue is that apple wants to move away into proprietary bullshit.
There isn't some growing trend of BT headphones sales growing and wired sales are collapsing.
Apple isn't trying to get ahead of the trend here, its just being stupid.


Lets say it uses apples lightning connector + BT

What other devices besides tablets and phones from apple even use that connector ?

Ok great you have BT, congrats you've made the headphones weight more and now are bulkier.
And then you've got ~10 hours of battery life on your Studio Wireless, how long does that shit take to charge ? Oh but you can charge and listen at the same time.. so why fucking bother forcing everyone to be bluetooth !?
>>
>>52349203
BAAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT A FUCKING RETARD LMAOOOO
>>
>>52353703
I seriously hope BT is the only option and that it backfires and kills the iPhone.
>>
File: 20160111_113146.jpg (3 MB, 2976x2976) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
20160111_113146.jpg
3 MB, 2976x2976
Guess it's time to buy a new set of headphones!
>>
>>52348963
Yeah except, one of these is not like the other.

Aux standard has been around for over a 100 years, and it's not broken or needs to be fixed.
>>
Wasn't this already a solved issue?

Plus 2.5mm headphone jacks already exist.
>>
>>52349489

Apple has been the biggest buyer of Apple stock at every downturn of its share price. They spent 5 billion last ear buying their own stocks back. Why would they be doing that?
>>
>>52351231
wtf are you doing with your headphones.

I've used 3.5 an 2.5 jacks for decades and never had this problem, or even heard about it...
>>
>>52355002
Wtf is this heresy?
>>
>>52351231

That's the point. It's better to sacrifice the headphone than whatever it's plugged into.
>>
>>52349489
Please let this happen.
>>
File: 1449976255108.jpg (78 KB, 750x558) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1449976255108.jpg
78 KB, 750x558
>>52355128
Quality applel engineering.
>>
>>52355089
Are you actually asking a question?

They would do that because the more of their own company they own the less they have to listen to their shareholders.

Then they are able to keep doing 'revolutionary' shit that is retarded and eventually put themselves out of business.
>>
>>52355089
Artificially keeping their stock price afloat. I will laugh hard if they spend all their cash buying back stock that ends up becoming worthless.
>>
>>52348963
What im scared is that other company will copy apple and drop 3.5mm jack and make their own proprietary shit. Remember early 2000 sony shit? Everything from the memory card to charging cable is all proprietary.
>>
>>52355128
If you look at the Lightning connector in >>52355149 you can see there is a more greyish metal part on the end of the connector.
That's glued to the back portion of the connector, that more silver part of the connector.

So, snappity snap.
>>
File: camerabumps.jpg (83 KB, 1216x400) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
camerabumps.jpg
83 KB, 1216x400
>>52348963
So why does Apple shoop out the camera bump in all of their marketing images of the iPhone6?

It's hard to even find side shot with it visible.
>>
>>52355225
kek
>>
File: 1452286757175.gif (1 MB, 500x375) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452286757175.gif
1 MB, 500x375
>>52349395
it could have been like this
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>52349568
>>
>>52349181
Every once in a while there is a product that hits the sweet spot for price/design/features. There will be a next good iphone.
>>
>>52349869
Apple was the first company to move fully to USB (No PS2/ADB port) with the original iMac.

They were also the first company to switch to hard drives with the original Macintosh and the first to move to switch away from 5.25in floppy disks.

Apple makes moves and everyone else follows. They have for years. Sometimes things don't pan out but as a whole they've moved the industry more than any single company.
>>
>>52349472
are phones really not small enough yet?

i mean fuck me i cant even use a "normal" size phone because in a 6 foot 4 giant with massive hands. So i have a note 4 and it fits my hand perfectly
>>
File: 1427728163692.gif (3 MB, 492x283) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1427728163692.gif
3 MB, 492x283
>>52349369
>>52349395

BTFO
>>
>>52355273
Disgusting.
>>
>>52355327
and ps2 ports are still superior to usb for keyboards and mice

good jerb apple
>>
>>52349203
>>52349240
>>52349296
>>52349325
>>52349526
>>52350401
I'm still waiting for an explanation of how 3.5mm is obsolete.
>>
>>52355348
What the fuck does PS2 have to do with usb keyboards you retard?
>>
>>52355348
>and ps2 ports are still superior to usb for keyboards and mice
Only if have shitty old versions of BIOS that require a PS/2 keyboard to operate.

You don't need them anymore. They are completely unnecessary.
>>
>>52355392
>using a keyboard on usb
>not enjoying the full n-key rollover
>>
>>52348963
>macbooks become a huge success and floppies become obsolete a few years later
This is an outright lie, they were never a success, the only thing that saved Apple back then was the iPod
>>
>>52349395
>Shady sellers
That's a damn shame.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (29 KB, 490x239) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
29 KB, 490x239
>>52349395
Reminder than RJ45 and CAT5 are the reason phones are so thick.
>>
>>52355413
Tell me how many times in your life that has benefited you.
>>
>>52355327
>They were also the first company to switch to hard drives with the original Macintosh and the first to move to switch away from 5.25in floppy disks.
No, they weren't, it was Sony the first one
Straight from the people who designed those machines
>http://www.folklore.org/StoryView.py?project=Macintosh&story=Hide_Under_This_Desk.txt

>Apple makes moves and everyone else follows. They have for years. Sometimes things don't pan out but as a whole they've moved the industry more than any single company.
It has never been like this, PS2 is still common as fuck and shipped with most computers, ADB was never a thing outside of Apple for obvious reasons
There's lot's of failures from Apple where they have submitted to whatever the industry decided, like the move to x86, or even the adoption of the 3.5 inch Sony floppies instead of their homebrew crap, but retards like you who fall to Steve's distortion field always believe that Apple invented everything
It has always been
>someone makes move
>apple copies said move
>industry follows
>retards scream apple created said move
>>
>>52355558
I tried to play 2 player on a snes emulator on one keyboard 10 years ago.
>>
>>52355369
It isnt.
Remember apple fucked with the jack years ago on the iphone so its not even a standard one already.
>>
>>52349350
Ever heard of portable batteries ?
You know, madly useful stuff when you consider the already shit battery life.
>>
>>52355635
>snes emulator
>>>/v/
>>
>>52348963
Half the people I know without the ethernet port complain about it all the time so idk what your point is
>>
Wireless still sucks and everyone knows it.
>>
>>52349475
>Nobody complains that their new graphics card doesn't come with VGA.
Yes they did back in 2013
They complained in July about the lack of DVI in the Fury cards
>It's 2016, nobody should have a smartphone that still uses decades old analog out.
It's more than a century old, there's no reason to replace it, specially since in the end the output is always analog
>Apple will revolutionize the industry once again by forcing manufacturers to put the DAC and amps on the headphone, the fucking way it should be.
The DAC's and amp's are things that every headphone can use, it's stupidly redundant to include them in every headphone, it would increase manufacturing costs of Beat's, manufacturing costs is something Apple never allows to increase
>>52355089
Literally how the chinks tried to save their stock market from collapsing
>>
>>52349757
T42 from 2003 here, same resolution.
>>
>>52348963
>pfft the new macbooks dont have cd drives, nobody will buy them
>macbooks become a huge success and cds become obsolete a few years later
nobody used dvd drives when they got rid of them, and cds had been obsolete for a long time before they did that

>pfft the new macbooks dont have ethernet, nobody will buy them
>macbooks become a huge success and practically nobody uses ethernet with laptops now
nobody used ethernet when they removed them either

however pretty much all headphones (well any worth even looking at) used 3.5 mm plugs and pretty much everyone uses them
>>
>>52349772
>the industry isn't going to magically change because they said so
Problem is, they are the industry. 95% industry profits and the valuation bigger than oil conglomerates means they're essentially a monopoly.

Apple at its present peak, can throw "the market" around like a fuckdoll.
>>
File: 1452469217032.gif (918 KB, 196x200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452469217032.gif
918 KB, 196x200
>>52350310
>90hz
>>
>>52355955
>95% of the profits
>15% of the saturation
>they are the market
And then there is the news that their iPhone sales are drying up and stock is building up. They're cutting production for the next gen devices.
Companies like to imitate the profitable ones but there are enough signs not to continue following Apple.
>>
>>52349395

Enjoy your chinkshit.

https://www.ibuygou.com/p-i9-android-40-upgraded-smartphone-40-inch-touch-screen-wifi-ethernet-3d-ui-4gb-3712.html
>>
>>52356286
>ibuygoy
>>
>>52355369
I'm assuming he means how the 3.5 specification has no official support for inline volume controls.
But apple came up with a proprietary solution for that long ago
>>
>>52356376
Quite clever actually.
Like how the Jawbone UP and some other devices that plug into the audio jack work.
Which, of course, won't work on the iPhone7 anymore without adapter.
>>
>>52349223
Charge your phone and listen to music at the same time.
>>
>>52349668
/g/ still fucking does this.
>Why would anyone buy a 4k monitor under 40"?
>I don't want to use a microscope to read text.
>Scaling? Enjoy your overpriced 1080p monitor.
>>
>>52349223
What if apple does away with lightning in favor of usb-c? Then they'll be usb-c headphones. Usb-c is the future.
>>
>>52356622
Because they won't. Apple's endgame for a while has been to lock in users to their walled garden. Expensive proprietary devices with expensive proprietary accessories means if a user wants something else they have to re-buy everything.
>>
>>52349147
>ethernet
>>
>>52356516
But it's true
>>
>>52356657
>Expensive proprietary devices with expensive proprietary accessories
Like Bluetooth devices?
Like WiFi devices?
Like early adoption of USB?
Remember when Apple brought out the iMac with USB? Howls of anger. Yet most PCs had USB support but nobody wanted it.
Now everybody depends on USB.
>>
>>52356657
>Apple's endgame for a while has been to lock in users to their walled garden.
Which is very different to Microsoft's walled-garden. Or even Android's walled-garden because Android is FREE!
>>
>>52357796
>Howls of anger.
From their own retarded cuckbase that were forced to throw away all their old apple shit and become cucks all over again. iMacs were 0.00001% of the market, literally no one gave a shit.

USB became commonplace because it was good, period.
>>
>>52357796
>Yet most PCs had USB support but nobody wanted it.
>nobody wanted USB support
>implying
>>
>>52349203
That would mean the headphones would have to have its own DAC on top of the apple only connector that isn't even on their computers.

Its madness and would make any shitty pair of earbuds incredibly expensive
>>
haha that phone with usb and ethernet if you do the math the screen size would be about 2.1 inches diagonally. like no you retards its not real
>>
>>52349586
>iPhone cant play lossless
what is ALAC?
>>
>>52357859
I can plug my Android into any pc using any easily found micro USB cable and freely add or remove any files I want to without needing to install speshul snoflake software onto the pc first.
>>
>>52358352
That's assuming that the lightning connector can't make use of a couple of pins for analog connection.
I haven't seen the spec myself.
>>
>>52358394
>if you do the math the screen size would be about 2.1 inches diagonally.
No, it actually specifies it has a 4.0" display.
>>
>>52348963
>>pfft macbooks dont have floppy drives, nobody will buy them
>>macbooks become a huge success and floppies become obsolete a few years la
I got a 5.25" floppy in the December issue of Juiced.GS

>>pfft the new macbooks dont have cd drives, nobody will buy them
>>macbooks become a huge success and cds become obsolete a few years later
CDs aren't obsolete

>>pfft the new macbooks dont have ethernet, nobody will buy them
>>macbooks become a huge success and practically nobody uses ethernet with laptops now
That's because ethernet is retarded to use on Laptops unless you really need to use it

>>pfft the new iphone doesn't have 3.5mm jack
So? People will still buy that and nothing is going to change that, but what will change is that 3.5mm headphones or earbuds are now obsolete for iPhones
>>
>>52349267
>>52349313
>>52349395
networking beginners on this site not understanding what ethernet is.
your wireless device is still using ethernet. its just over a different medium.
>>
>>52358704
>Juiced.GS
just because you received a floppy in an obscure niche market magazine aimed at enthusiasts doesn't make the medium relevant. all your other points are spot on though.
>>
>>52358719
>implying 802.3 == 802.11
>>
>>52348963
What's the purpose of ditching the headphone jack to make the next iPhone slimmer, when the current iPhone has to use a bulky case to extend the battery level because they can't fit a large battery in the current iPhone?
>>
>>52358744
>not understanding 802.11 depends on 802.3
>no basic layer 2 understanding
>not getting CAPWAP
>>
>>52355740
>>>/vr/
Get it right you faggot.
>>
>>52358779
>wew
wew lad
>>
>>52358779
802.11 depends on 802.2 mate. You are confuse.
>>
>>52358624
It cant, the spec for audio docks and lightning headphones require a dac.

Lightning has no analog connections.
>>
>>52358845
Tip Top Kek then.
>>
>>52357865
> iMacs were 0.00001% of the market

> Although it only hit the stores in mid-month, the $1,300 iMac was the No.2 best-selling computer in the U.S. for August, after a Hewlett-Packard model
http://www.businessweek.com/1998/40/b3598086.htm
You can't really be this ignorant.
>>
File: z26xJJT.jpg (33 KB, 579x771) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
z26xJJT.jpg
33 KB, 579x771
>>52349395
>mfw
>>
>>52349475
/hpg/ here, you have no idea what you're talking about, your shits all retarded. also no one complains about VGA on graphics cards because they all still support it with an included adapter.
>>
>>52349738
Speakers on a phone? Hurl yourself into the sun, fag. Don't disturb my zen ith your shitty music.
>>
>>52358868
Indeed, I am wondering if the "no 3.5" reports exclude the flattened jack apple patented earlier, anyone know?
>>
>>52358963
You would think they would mention if the jack had changed into another jack rather than just removing it.

Even the D is keking enough. It's still an adapter to get your 3.5mm in.
And there's literally no point to it.
>>
>>52353440
>oh wow the iPad came out. It's a tablet. How revolutionary.

Microsoft introduced a every day consumer tablet in 2004 and no one a shit.

Ideas are worth discussing when they are just copied by apple
>>
>>52350422
Windows 8 is the best tablet OS. Get a tablet with a pen like Asus M80 and you get a pocket-sized laptop. I'm surprised there are so few penabled tablets around.
>>
>>52358976
That info might have been removed for sensationalist news.
>>
>>52349475
>Nobody complains that their new graphics card doesn't come with VGA.
Except they did, and people can use converters
>It's 2016, nobody should have a smartphone that still uses decades old analog out.
Besides the fact that the alternative is either optical (which is not practical for headphones), or a new proprietary digital output, which apple has enough of already and would still fuck over the whole industry
>Apple will revolutionize the industry once again by forcing manufacturers to put the DAC and amps on the headphone, the fucking way it should be. Premium cans = premium DAC, you get what you pay for.
I sincerely hope you are baiting, otherwise, be sure to go to bed in time for middle school tomorrow. No one who buys a phone without a wired audio output is going to be concerned with premium sound. Wireless has always been inferior to wired in terms of quality.
>Premium cans = premium DAC
Sure. I can buy shitty bluetooth chinkshit headphones that will work
>you fags were complaining about iphone sound quality anyways, now that responsibility can be delegated to the audio equipment manufacturer. So what are you complaining about
Bluetooth transmitters can still have noise, and the phone still has to process audio. This is the least market friendly thing they could have done. You probably won't see premium audio companies putting out more bluetooth devices, because they don't need the income and no amount of upsampling (which doesn't actually add quality to the music) will take a shitty, noisy audio signal and turn it into a premium sound.
>>
>>52358906
>one whole month being ranked #2
>vs decades of zero sales

You can't really be this ignorant.
>>
>>52349618
>VGA that every motherboard has
Did you not notice the budget idea? People who went with AMD for price over performance and got a shitty graphics card do exist. There are people who buy cheap old computers to use to do basic Web browsing and document creation
>I need muh i7 and quad SLI 980ti s for shit posting on 4chans
>>
Getting the right output for your graphics card/monitor is a choice you can easily make. An adapter if you can't afford to upgrade your monitor is a reasonable solution, your computer is moderately stationary, the adapter may be temporary, you possibly could have chosen the same type of graphics card with the output you needed.

Thing is that VGA can't drive higher resolutions that DVI/HDMI/Displayport can, so unless you are planning to keep the card until you upgrade your monitor, picking a card that has no VGA is pretty much picking something that is overkill for what your monitor can display.

Blah. Blah. My old GTX275 had 1x VGA 1x DVI 1x HDMI, it could use any two of the three at a time and it would be more than enough for anyone stuck on such a shitty monitor.
>>
File: iWhat.gif (1 MB, 200x200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
iWhat.gif
1 MB, 200x200
>>52355022
>Over 100 years
>>
>>52359366
>The phone connector was invented for use in telephone switchboards in the 19th century and is still widely used.
About 137 years actually.
>>
>>52358704
>That's because ethernet is retarded to use on Laptops unless you really need to use it
It's only retarded for people who aren't setting up their own routers, so all of Applel shills, but only some PC users
>>
>>52359214
>Sure. I can buy shitty bluetooth chinkshit headphones that will work
>>you fags were complaining about iphone sound quality anyways, now that responsibility can be delegated to the audio equipment manufacturer. So what are you complaining about
>Bluetooth transmitters can still have noise, and the phone still has to process audio. This is the least market friendly thing they could have done.
Alternatively, Apple could come up with low-power Bluetooth audio and use their headphone subsidiary to push high quality Bluetooth audio hardware.
It's been done. There were screams but nobody cares now.
>>
>>52359404
Color me learned.
The 6.35mm was from then, but the 3.5mm is from the 50s. Still earlier than I would've thought
>>
>>52359482
My original point wasn't over hardware quality, but audio signal. Wireless won't be as good as wired, and premium bluetooth headphones won't change that
>>
>>52348963
>>
>>pfft the new macbooks dont have ethernet, nobody will buy them
>>macbooks become a huge success and practically nobody uses ethernet with laptops now

goddamnit I want a RJ45 port in my laptop. My current one doesn't have it and I've come close throwing this fucking ms surface to the wall when I needed that port.
>>
>>52355369
Because it's analog signal. I'm guessing you connect your htpc to an A/V receiver with 3.5mm plug as well?
>>
>>52349395
I want this
>>
File: Mdj.jpg (109 KB, 998x974) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Mdj.jpg
109 KB, 998x974
>>52349203
>3.5mm long obsolete
>>
>>52360074
Apples to oranges, anyways, the receiver it's connected to the speakers via even simpler cables that don't even have a plug, literally by two wires for each speaker
People have tried before to get rid of old standards in speakers/headphones, B&O tried in their full blown walled garden and failed back in the 80's, the only things that stuck to speakers are XLR connectors and banana plugs, with only XLR becoming common, and only in pro audio
3.5 mm will stay 5ever for wired headphones, the only thing that Applel can do it's push wireless headphones more
>>
>>52359553
Everyone laugh at the audiophile who thinks his data is being degraded compared to gold plated fiber optic ethernet cables.
>>
>>52360279
i forgot the wifi part ;_; being degraded over wifi compared to...
>>
>>52360074
>analog means it is obsolete!
But all sound is analog.
Not saying that you couldn't potentially get a better output if you had the DAC in the headphones instead to reduce the distance that the analog signal would be exposed to interference but still.
>>
Ethernet is not useless on laptop because for people who play on their laptops you need the fastest connection and need stability. Only Ethernet can give that
>nobody play on Mac but I talk for pc
>>
>>52360074
>analog
like sound?
>>
I heard this is the place to read how shit macs are
>>
File: 1452035436764.jpg (109 KB, 968x351) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452035436764.jpg
109 KB, 968x351
>>52360411
You came to the right place.
>>
File: 1452300619874.jpg (17 KB, 268x284) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452300619874.jpg
17 KB, 268x284
>>52349203
>high end lightning headphones
>digital audio connector
HAHAHAHA
>>
>>52356449
TWO LIGHTNING JACKS

Why hasn't any android makes made a phone with two jacks yet
>>
File: 1447959536284.png (962 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1447959536284.png
962 KB, 768x1024
>>52350142
>More resolution doesn't increase functionality
>what is screen real estate
Jesus, I hate apple too but rainbow dash just went full retard.
I could see the validity of some points, but not that one. More real estate is objectively superior to less.

At least the poster was probably banned right after that.
>>
>>52358719
You are on /g/ yet you don't understand what CSMA/CA and RTS/CTS are. Pathetic
>>
>>52349582
Lots of cars have USB, dumbass
>>
>>52360584
>>what is screen real estate

It sure as hell isn't glorified 2x scaled 1280x800.
>>
>>52360657
Fair enough.
Like I said I hate apple too, the fact that they pair 5K screens with intel integrated is just retarded and more than enough reason to call them out.
>>
>>52348963
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN5DeKKO640
>>
>>52349582
My truck radio has USB.
It sure as hell doesn't have some faggot lightning connector.
If it did I wouldn't have paid for the radio because it would have cost $100 more because apple has to get their fucking cut of proprietary hardware.
>>
>>52348963
Honestly, the iPhone 5s was much more prettier than the new/previous ones.
Also, its a retarded move to remove 3.5mm jack, since that will make all of us (or well, people who will get the new iPhone) either carry a new adapter or get new headphones.
>>
>>52348963
What planet do you live on? CDs are not obsolete on the planet I live on.
>>
File: 1405239341563.png (272 KB, 316x747) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1405239341563.png
272 KB, 316x747
>>52348963
>bought a pre-built custom PC for family in 2005
>didn't have floppy drive
>sister flipped out over it
>installed floppy drive
>she never even used her floppy disks again
>>
>>52360722
>listening to your sister
>ever
>>
>>52350419
>Your LCD has garbage contrast,
Probably does
>shit black levels,
Yes, it does
>awful viewing angles,
You're right, it doesn't have a curved screen, so sadly I can't see past 180 degrees
>and motion blur. They all do.
As I was aware, it was an effect enabled by default from most animations
>You just don't realize it, because you've been looking at nothing but trash displays for the last decade.
I do realize my black levels are shit, but CRTs are terrible. Stop defending them. Let them die
3/10 made me reply
>>
>>52360732
if she says it's hurting i have to stop or she'll tell someone.
>>
>>52355369
2.5mm jacks
>>
>>52355369
It bends because it is made of multiple pieces.
>>
>>52358770
Stop thinking so backwards anon. Apple is ahead of the game when good batteries will come.
>>
3.5mm ports are pretty retarded, pretty big for only 3 connectors.
Their wireless solution is bs tho
>>
Apple isn't going to start using bluetooth for audio. Audio quality is very limited with bluetooth.
>>
>>52360807
You say that like it would stop them.
>>
>>52360807
>Audio quality is very limited with bluetooth.

And thats the deal, they will fuck up audio industry even more
>So now everyone will listen to MP3 128kbps throught their overpriced bluetooth headphones
>>
>>52360777
I have never bent 3.5mm jack, how clumsy and stupid you have to be in order to do that?
Your trips are wrong.
>>
>>52360836
Steve jobs would

>>52360838
Would never happen. Wastes battery life. Apple still uses aac for battery life.
>>
>>52360847
Smacked the plug against a door frame. I was tired. I was able to mostly bend it back in place.
>>
>>52360850
>Steve jobs would
Steve Jobs is DEAD.
>>
>>52360930
That's what zionists want you to believe.
>>
>>52360930
>Steve Jobs is DEAD

Yeah sure...
If he was dead, it'd have been on the news, duh
>>
>>52349727
>Everyone already had high resolution displays.
Lets assume phones here for a second, because Retina first started there. Can you name a single phone that had a higher ppi than 300 before June 2010?
>>
>>52348963
>pfft the new macbooks dont have ethernet, nobody will buy them
>macbooks become a huge success and practically nobody uses ethernet with laptops now

allthough I rarely use ethernet on my laptop, the fact that there is a port, has saved me dozens of times when testing router/server connections. it's not a necessity to have, but it sure is handy to have one, and the costs of one are neglectable
>>
OP is not wrong, you know. Facebook machine users will just buy Bluetooth headset.
>>
>>52361242
No, but I can name several phones that had higher PPI than the iPhone 3GS.

That's the point. Apple were behind so they jumped the competition.
It doesn't make them revolutionary. The next step was coming and they took it.
>>
>>52361292
I still have a 3G, it was garbage and the 3GS was as well. 4 is the one where they were mostly smack bang on the money, apart from job's arrogance that people were holding it wrong which is fucking hilarious. But until 4 came out most phones were a measly ~136ppi, even the Galaxy S2 which came out nearly 9 months after the 4 only had a ppi of 200. S3 only 300, which is actually enough and when I personally start to experience diminishing returns.
>>
>bragging with 8 mm progress
kek
>>
>>52351231
No, you're just too rough with your tech.
>>
>>52360586
>CSMA/CA
>RTS/CTS

wew lad
>>
>>52349395

fucking 10/10 POST
>>
>>52361327

Had Nokia E70 with 260dpi screen in 2005.
>>
>>52349668
what's funny is that their retina macbook and retina macbook pro run at glorified 1280x800 so you get less effective resolution thant 1366x768
>>
>>52362101
maximus keksimus
>>
>>52349203
Lightning port is apple bullshit. Who doesn't live in apple bubble and buys every single apple products won't like it.
>>
>>52350142
what's crazy is that this was the overriding sentiment at the time. like the people defending the rMBP were in the minority, and it wasn't even close.

/g/ is such an echo chamber of retarded faggots that it can be suffocating.
>>
>>52348963
Keeping the compatibility with older tech is not in apple's interest. They want you to buy every single shit product they make.

Real laptops still have optical drive and ethernet port. Macbooks (and apple products in general) are for tech illiterate people and kids.

btw shill your shit elsewhere
>>
File: serveimage (4).jpg (14 KB, 360x360) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
serveimage (4).jpg
14 KB, 360x360
>>52362390
>Real laptops still have optical drive
I can't remember the last time I've needed a disc for anything at all.

Ever since USB drives reached 8GB for $15 so so, there's been zero reason to burn ISOs as opposed to just keeping a dedicated drive just for OS installs. No ethernet is utterly retarded though. Wifi is still shit today due to so many places still having no idea how to set shit up properly, or their antennas just having shit range, or the captive portal being a bitch. What we really need is smaller ethernet jacks/ports. There's absolutely no reason that shit needs to be so big.
>>
>in japan
>buy some vocaloid shit
>my ultrabook doesnt have an optical drive
>my friend has to rip the discs for me on his macbook pro 17"
Felt bad man.
>>
>>52362563
>japan
>still sells laptops with XP to this day
>>
>>52362622
You can find cheapbuck XP laptops everywhere.
>>
Call me a luddite but I still think the iPhone 4S / 5S form factor is much, much nicer than the 6.
>>
>>52362634
>in major retail stores
>>
>>52362714
Which you don't see in Japan either.

>implying you know what a major retail store in japan is
>>
>>52348963
3.5mm jack will literally never become obsolete because it's a standard in multiple audio industries
>>
>>52348963
No.
Floppies, cdrom, ethernet. Yes.

But jack no. Why? Because of power supply.
>>
>>52356376
>But apple came up with a proprietary solution for that long ago

So Apple invented TRRS-connectors now, too?
>>
>>52362504
Well, I need it for my work. Sometimes I need to write discs to update some servers in a warehouse. I use it for private stuff too, maybe once a month.. but I still use it.

Compatibility is one of the most important things to me in laptops and desktops.

I think most people don't really need it though, but there are many kind of people with different needs. So it shouldn't vanish entirely.
>>
>>52349472
>>52349772
Soldered on SIM cards?
>>
>>52359005
Wasn't it marketed as a tool for professionals that essentially didn't work because, among other things, the touch sucked, instead of being a geek gadget aimed towards teens who don't know shit?

>>52350639
This is true.
>>
>>52360074
I do, actually. It's stereo anyway.
>>
>>52360526
Mine has two jacks. There's a micro usb for charging/data and a 3.5mm jack for audio.
>>
>>52360646
>>52360687
My car stereo has USB too. That doesn't matter in this discussion. If you think it does, answer this: How am I going to stream music from the internet to the USB plug like I can do with my phone through the 3.5mm jack?
>>
>>52348963
> tfw I still have a floppy drive on my sandy i7
> tfw people still use CD/DVD/BD
> tfw Ethernet is still a must, especially as wifi becomes more and more popular and interference just gets worse day by day

OP, just accept it. It's shit.
And you should stop shilling for it, it's just a weak bait.

Others: Why can't we just ban these posters?
>>
>>52351231
Never broke a single 3.5mm cable or jack in my entire life. Don't know what the fuck are you doing with your tech.
>>
>>52360074
Found the fedora tipper FLAC fag.
>>
>>52350506
>retina
oh those buzzwords.
its just resolution.
>Mac is the owner of high res screens only.
>>
>ITT: people cant recognize bewteen retard consumer products and actual functional stuff for business
>>
>>52349395
> must minimalize shitposting latency
> mum, don't close the toilet's door, it will break my phone's internet

lel
>>
>>52363170
yeah it's "software sim", so they call it.
there is no SIM, but you just register the device.

how do you switch between carriers?
fuck knows.

IIRC they introduced this with the latest iPad or iPhone?
>>
>>52350142
But they were right.
Having a retardedly high resolution just so you can have 1.5x smoother fonts?

It's pretty fucking retarded.
Meanwhile all games, 3D applications, and even battery life suffers from the extra strain.

> inb4 but the new macbook got xyz hours of...
Yes, the entire body of that laptop is 99% battery, 1% soc.
> inb4 but phones
Phones also need more ram for higher resolutions, they drain faster, and the user benefits nothing from this.
I have a Note 4, it's 1440p, and it is impossible to tell the difference between a 1080p panel and this.
>>
>>52363579
>how do you switch between carriers?
You don't.
One contract, one carrier, one device.
>>
>>52348963
Agreed. Can't you useless poorfag NEETs save autism bucks and buy some Bluetooth headphones. Poor people are the scum of the world, worse than niggers and gypsies.
>>
>>52363595
kek.
Apple's and carrier's wet dream.

I am thinking about picking up an iPad Air 2.
On one hand, it's a good tablet*.
On the other, it's an Apple product.

* Sony Z4 lasts a few hours only, Galaxy S Tab is weak, S Tab 2 got a small battery, etc. Android manufacturers for some unknown reason build shit specced tablets.
>>
>>52363605
>Apple's and carrier's wet dream.
All that needs to be done is a smart marketing campaign, really.
>>
I found a stack of iPhone 8 prototypes in the Apple trashbin (I live in Cupertino).

Whadayathink /g/ents?
>>
>>52363579
>>52363595
Apple is a carrier's worst nightmare. They will force carriers to allow users to switch carriers and contracts on the fly.
They already do this on the iPads. You buy it with an "Apple SIM" and then have a choice of multiple carriers.
>>
>>52349258
dude thats an interval between 24th december and 5th january. stock rise and fall tiny bits like that
>>
>>52349203
>this is what iShits actually believe
>>
File: 1421223239310.jpg (263 KB, 1200x756) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1421223239310.jpg
263 KB, 1200x756
>>52349568
You are 100% that retarded child in the house that runs around with a shitty chinkpad plugging your fucking ethernet cable into every router just to "OPTIMIZE MUH NETWORK" tho everything is working just fine.
>>
>>52348963
>pfft the new iphone doesn't have 3.5mm jack

I can't understand why people are complaining about this shit.

For years I've seen people wanting to have one connector for everything. Why the fuck is the 3.5mm an exception? Just kill the shit already. If you care so much, use a fucking connector and stop retarding progress.
>>
Can someone explain this "muh thin phone" bullshit to me? Why does your phone being 7.6mm thick fucking matter?
>>
>>52348963
>practically nobody uses ethernet with laptops now

[Citation needed]

what the fuck is this bullshit even.
>>
>>52364275
Because 3.5mm is one connector for everything, from devices in 1989 to devices in 2016.

Making headphones with USB-C means it wont fucking fit, now doesn't it.
>>
If it's lightning, I'm out, proprietary headphones locked to a single phone manufacturer are fucking stupid.
>I mean shit, you can't even use that on a macbook, even within applels walled garden you're cucked.

It's it's USB type C with standard usb audio, I'm down with that.
>Instead of a shitty onboard audio amp that is matched to nothing, you get a nice digital signal to an on-connector headphone amp designed for your specific headphones.
Nice
>>
>>52359005
Microsoft tablets sucked till later surface devices, who cares if you're first if your product sucks
>>
>>52364846
arguing this point is like arguing with a brick wall; anti-apple brand zealots will insist that being first in the technical breakthroughs is the only criterion that matters (but don't bring up that scientists in academia make lots of these breakthroughs in the first place or they'll double back and say that being first to market is what matters, but not first *marketable* product to market).

basically it's cognitive dissonance almost to the point of brainwashing.
>>
>>52364869
>applecuck trying to say others have cognitive dissonance and brainwashing
wew lad
>>
virgins who haven't had sex yet. So virgins?
>>
>>52364912
>calling me an applecuck
this is how zealots typically respond when they're called out for being delusional faggots - they rationalize that the only way anyone can disagree with them is if that person's not neutral in the first place.

unfortunately, in this case and as always, it's bullshit. i don't use any apple products - i just don't have a pavlovian, knee-jerk response whenever people mention apple
>>
File: Pavlova.jpg (533 KB, 2100x1572) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Pavlova.jpg
533 KB, 2100x1572
>>52365035
Don't be saying shit about Pavlova family.
>But seriously why can't more people understand this, being a reactionary makes you one of the stupidest beings on the planet.
>>
>>52365035
>being the first to bring a sellable item to the place to be sold is not important
>being the first to bring a sellable item to the place to be sold is more important
Do you see how we might think you're a bit off your rocker?
>>
>>52360279
R E T A R D alert
>>
File: 1379199467526.jpg (24 KB, 300x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1379199467526.jpg
24 KB, 300x300
>>52349203
>obsolete
>>
File: 2011269.jpg (15 KB, 400x266) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
2011269.jpg
15 KB, 400x266
>>52349203
>lightning anything
>>
>>52355613
Samsung were the first to create a phone with a larger screen. Samsung is accused for copying apple for having big displays.

funny.
>>
File: 1450296333313.png (341 KB, 578x387) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1450296333313.png
341 KB, 578x387
>>52364730
So it can fit in their skinny jeans

Just another innovation that makes your life easier thanks to Appleā„¢
>>
>>52365828
>Wearing inefficient pants.
Applefags summed up.
>>
>>52349395
>network hacker phone
Man this is awesome.
>>
>>52365867
How else can they show off their arse to other men?
>>
>>52366327
Problem is no easy access for efficient dickings
>>
>>52366333
They probably just tear them open and buy a new pair of patented Apple Pants after every dicking like good goyim.
>>
It must be hard being this much of a bitter poorfag LMAO
>>
>>52366405
>apple fags calling anyone else poor

How does it feel knowing that iPhones are the official device of welfare queens? Or that Apple fags are too poor to afford a Surface Book?
>>
>>52366434
You poorfags are hillarious

Mac vs PC, PS4 vs xbone, this vs that

>Implying I don't just buy both


Enjoying my Surface Book and my rMBP 15".
>>
>>52349681
use your fucking computer in that case you fucking moron
>>
>>52349350
Well for starters not all of us sit in our parent's basement all day long.
Just try to imagine being on a long bus/train trip (i know its hard for you) and you want to listen to music while keeping your battery full using portable battery charger. "buy an iPod" incoming. Go kill your self!
>>
>>52350584
VA panel masterrace reporting in
>>
>>52366464
>wasting your money on technology
>not investing it instead
Rich people (such as myself) actually are responsible with money, which is why we are rich. If anything you're the poorfag
>>
In order for Apple to revolutionize the audio jack, surely it needs to be replaced with something better?
I think we can all agree nobody wants to use a lightning port except when absolutely necessary, like when ipods and videocameras only worked with firewire.
>>
>>52366686
Yeah because buying stuff for yourself to enjoy is incompatible with investing your money

anon I'm not THAT poor
>>
>>52363904
Never said I was a network admin.
Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 36
Thread DB ID: 399703



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.