[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does no one care about Windows Phone anymore? Are people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 17

Why does no one care about Windows Phone anymore?

Are people really comfortable with the only options being Android and iOS?
>>
File: wp_ss_20160110_0001.png (316KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20160110_0001.png
316KB, 720x1280px
>>52346653
But I am using one
>>
>>52346653
because it's shit and dead. no amount of UWP shilling will bring it back, some apps will be released in first 6 month, after that everyone will forget it exists, like it happened with WP8 and 8,1
With W10M update it's basically Android Metro buggy beta that doesn't lag on low end devices.
>>
>>52346653
>Why does no one care about Windows Phone anymore?
the same reason no one cared about webos.

Microsoft has yet to invest enough into app developers to get people to come over.
>>
>>52346653
I do use it like 20 of people (friend, family) I know. None of them really think of it as long as it just works.
>>
>>52346653
Because Microsoft's upgrade policy is complete and utter shit. To upgrade from Windows 8 to 10 you need a fucking new phone, which means you've to be buying phones every year to year and a half and that shit is really expensive. Besides, they fucked up with Nokia, who should've had stuck to developing their own operating system or at least collaborating with both Microsoft/Android to cater to the demands of the consumers. The advent of smartphones led to the dismiss of Nokia's supremacy and they should've had followed, but instead they went against it by allowing Microsoft to take over.
>>
>>52346653
A friend of mine has a Windows Phone. I must admit I kinda like it, smooth and I like the design, but he couldn't send a fucking PDF file through bluetooth with it. So there's that.
>>
OS is slow and glitchy as fuck. Keyboard is terrible. No apps. Serious, no fucking apps. Everything is done through the browser, which is total garbage.

How can people even use them?
>>
>>52346653
Microsoft always fucks things up.
>>
>>52346772
>To upgrade from Windows 8 to 10 you need a fucking new phone, which means you've to be buying phones every year to year and a half and that shit is really expensive.
you are either a troll or an idiot, but most likely both
>>
File: 1368605034751.png (49KB, 174x188px) Image search: [Google]
1368605034751.png
49KB, 174x188px
>>52346815
>mfw we could've had Meego going against Android and ios
>mfw

They fucked up by cancelling the project and moving to Microsoft. Meego was a flawless operative system and miles ahead of every other at the time.
>>
I just bought a 640. Shit is pretty cash for only $60. I love glance screen.

Only thing is that you basically can't use them if you rely on app store apps.
>>
>>52346653

I'd rather have Ubuntu touch as a 3rd option
>>
I love my lumia 640. Im not some kid that needs tweet or twat or whatever it is. I can work on documents, pdfs, flac is native in windows 10 mobile, I have to charge my phone once every 3 days or so, wells fargo has a banking app, everything I need for actual life and being productive is there. All the kids are bitching because they cant hook up with their sex apps or send dick and pussy pics. Windows phone from day one was built from the ground up to be a professional adult phone used to take care of business not to play on. When you understand that and go into and set it up as such its one of the best phones you'll ever use.
>>
>>52346772
why spread lies anon?
>>
>>52346815
why spread lies anon?
>>
File: lumia-9002[1].jpg (83KB, 568x450px) Image search: [Google]
lumia-9002[1].jpg
83KB, 568x450px
Hey anons, watch this and fuck off. Windows 10 mobile is an unfinished product packed with nasty bugs, not it's not in beta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMNgfEVk8oo
>>
>>52346653
in europe windows phone sales are toe to toe with iphones (android still the first), but as they last much longer, about a third of the people use windows phones.
The US market is still not very opened to buying a phone without contract and having a non expensive sim card contract. Phones operators rule the shit and sell what can give them more profit, an iPhone that will look outdated/unhype in two year or a lagdroid (google pay them so that they distribute botnetsphones) represent more money for them.
>>
Because there is no reason to buy it over android or ios anymore.

Unless for some miracle that universal app thing happen WP is dead.
>>
>>52346916
>not some kid that needs tweet or twat
When did /g/ get filled with cnet dads
>>
>>52346653
>anymore
They never did
>>
>>52346963
I used one for a while. How can you say everything isn't done Through the browser and the keyboard isn't shit? Auto correct is abysmally bad and don't even try the fucking swipe feature, you will get nowhere.
>>
I'm my opinion, its a damn shame they're dying, they are beautifully designed phones with beautifully designed OS, why did Microsoft had to fuck up the OS so bad?
>>
>>52346673
normies don't like it since it doesn't have snapchat or any other popular stuff

froggies don't like it since its microsoft shit and >lolnoapps
>>
>>52346653
Windows phones are still the exact same thing...slab form factor, and touch only input...no SD cards or removable battery... Slightly different OS...who gives a shit.

Now if the lumia line had a landscape keyboard I'd buy one eight this fucking second... But they don't. If they were different or interesting in any fucking way is but one.

But its just more of the same so why exactly should I give one hot shit?
>>
>>52347059
/thread
>>
>>52346653
Seriously where's my motivation to care? Can I dock my windows phones for a cheap laptop or desktop? Samsung Galaxy can. Keyboard? BlackBerry has a shit one but at least the option is there. Apps? Android and ios have more.

So what the actual fuck is windows phone going to do for me to want one exactly? Cmon sell me one! Give me features. Make me want it.

But they don't...just another slab but now with less apps...who-fuckin-ray
>>
>>52346653
Cmon somebody take a crack this...what's actually on offer here. Why should I want one other than yet another OS. Seriously what's the supposed draw here.

If its yet another smartphone slab then why is anyone surprised that nobody cares?
>>
>>52346796
works on my machine
>>
In Europe I see a fair few Windows devices around on the street whereas I hear in USA they're very rare.
I assume this is due to the USA culture of borrowing cash or getting iPhones on finance (with contract). In Europe we care less what others think and aren't as willing to acquire thiings we can't afford right now.
>>
>>52346653

Microsoft took too long to bring it to market. Years ago, when Android was still in it's infancy and iPhone users were seen as douchebags with money, Windows Mobile was actually desirable. It had an assload of 3rd party apps available, all of the "important" phones of the day ran it, even Palm sold Windows Mobile based phones alongside their PalmOS joints. At one point Windows Mobile held nearly 50% of the smartphone market in the US.

But Microsoft got lazy and fucked up the release of Windows Mobile 7, which allowed Android and iOS to move into that space and push it out. What's really fucked up is that many of the "new" features bandied about for iOS and Android were already existing with Windows PPC/WinMobile.
>>
>>52346653
>Are people really comfortable with the only options being Android and iOS?

I have a Ubuntu phone, and every goddamn time somebody catches me using it they always say "hey is that one of those windows phones?'
>>
>>52350329
My 640 has 128gb SD card support and a removable battery. What the fuck are you smoking?
>>
>>52346653
I blame saturation of advertisements. I can only speak for myself but micro$oft always goes balls deed advertising the shit out of any new product they prematurely fart into the market space, I'm already sick of it before I've even understood what the product is.
>>
>>52351869

This. Because there are no apps the platform isn't attractive. And since the platform isn't attractive there isn't a lot of work done with app development.
>>
>>52346916
Sexual Frustration:The verbose post
>>
>>52346717
>Microsoft has yet to invest enough

They have yet to invest enough Overall. I didn't care too much that it lacked in apps but Microsoft just handled it like complete morons. I left for Android, which I regret in some aspects, but I'm not going back to WP until Microsoft can pull its head out, of its ass and invest in WPs future.

Scratch that, the lack of apps was annoying. I don't use a lot of apps but the fact that everything was Android and IPhone (to the point were people would just service the two and yet claim to have an app on all major platforms) really rubbed me wrong. To have a company like Microsoft prove time and time again (I was on WP as soon as the HTC Surround was around and stuck on for several phones until my Lumia 1520 broke a few months into use) that they are unable to throw any significant weight behind WP was just so damned disheartening.

It was almost like MS didn't even support it.
>>
>>52346692
>Android Metro buggy beta

Ohgodpleaseno

The smoothness and accurate response of the OS was one of the few things WP had, in my experience.
>>
>>52346653

No, but what do you expect me to do?
Go to India and help MS developers?
>>
Simple.
>No Snapchat

There you go, you've lost 99% of the marketshare towards ages 10-30 or so.
>>
>>52346834
The sad truth.
>>
>>52346653
Because it blows.
>>
>>52352149
>>52350329

Yeah, this guys isn't on the ball. Many offer SD storage expansion and the battery issue is an issue with the two other major platforms but WP does offer a removable battery for some of their phone.
>>
>>52346673
Good for you Rajeet.
>>
>>52352500
No,Im married and none of that matters to me anymore. I just know a business tool when I see one.

I think Microsoft should stop trying to make cheap windows phones to capture some of the android crowd and should restructure Microsoft mobile to sell corporate business grade phones with Enterprise security. Right now they are stuck between trying to be a tool for the professional crowd and trying to appeal to the crowd who is looking for a piece of ass all the time/ the people who go out to their night life districts every Friday and Saturday night.

I meet two kinds of people with their current strategy all the time, people who bought it because it was cheap and needed something quick, the person who like me saw the huge advantage it has a business tool with its integration with windows 10 and onedrive as well as the free full use of office suite built in. Person type 1 thinks they can do all their usual night life and social stuff on it and get frustrated when that doesnt happen and then say it's garbage. I mean it like getting a tablesaw and then getting mad that it didnt hammer the nail into the board.

I can do everything I need to do as far as taking care of real life adult stuff and it does it quickly and without apps crashing all the time like on android.
>>
>>52352573
Im 27 and dont even know what snapchat is and why it matters so much to everybody. Ive gotten along just fine in my life without it.
>>
Surface phone if it comes out is going to make or break it for Windows phone.
>>
>>52354259
You are not the target. Snapchat is for batshit crazy hoes and teens
>>
poo in loo
>>
>>52346653
Because Microsoft doesn't seem to care

Good thing they're not though, but it's not like the other options have much to offer in comparison
>>
>>52346653

I prefer android OS on a phone and MS on a computer
>>
>>52346653
Same as this
Why does no one cares about GNU/Linux anymore?
Are people really comfortable with the only option being Windows 10?
Market share
Even windows is not immune to it
>>
>>52356175
>Are people really comfortable with the only option being Windows 10?
Yes.

Because linux desktop is still a joke, and OSX is the same shit as Windows with a different coat of paint.
>>
File: 1452431105511.png (135KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
1452431105511.png
135KB, 450x300px
>>52356345
Are people really comfortable with the only options being Android and iOS?
Yes

Because Windows Phones is still a joke and only mac level fags of windows cares about it.
>>
>>52356345
In case if your reading comprehension is bad pajeet,
Nobody fucking cares about your choice of OS
>>
>>52356345
>OSX is same shit as windows with a different coat of paint

you should walk of a cliff or castrate yourself to further the IQ of the human race.
>>
>>52346653
They're late to the party, they can't stick to a strategy for more than two years, their keep on re-inventing their APIs and it's all based around COM. It's not clear whether they're going after consumer or enterprise, but they lack in both spaces. Hell, at this point, Blackberry 10 looks more competent.
>>
File: wp_ss_20160110_0006.png (643KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20160110_0006.png
643KB, 480x800px
>>52346653
I-I am using one, since half a year...
Has all the apps i used on Android so no complains so far. I just wish Microsoft released phones with good specs and design.
>>
Maybe when redstone comes up.
>>
>>52352267
>Balls deep on advertising
I have a fucking windows phone and I still get monthly emails from them showing me all the benefits of buying a windows phone.
>>
>>52358782
That is the most annoying shit tbqh familia.

I get the stupid microsoft insider telling me to upgrade my Lumia Icon that i bought a year ago. Still waiting for ONE MS app that has the same functionality as its counterparts on Android/iOS
>>
>>52352520
>>It was almost like MS didn't even support it.
When people ask how I like my Windows Phone, I like to point to the Microsoft apps like GroupMe and OneNote which are buggy and lack features that are on the Android versions.

I mean - don't get me wrong - I undserstand that we're a portion of the market share so apps like Facebook may send me to their mobile page if the app doesn't support something that i'm trying to do.

But when Microshit can't even get its own apps right, it makes wonder why I would purchase their product
>>
>>52346916
>>52354241
You must have a really small dick if you feel the urge to tell a bunch of strangers how much of an adult you are so many times
>>
File: wp_ss_20160102_0001.png (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20160102_0001.png
3MB, 1440x2560px
But I just switched to one. Lumia 950. I love it.
>>
>>52359051
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
>>
>>52346653
Surface Phone is gonna make x86 mainstream for mobile phones.
>>
>>52359169
you are the 1%

>how's the camera quality?
>how's battery life?
>have you tried continuum yet?

Also
I had a Lumia 930 for quite a while until I switched back to Android. I was really impressed with the camera quality and ability to shot in RAW but other than that, the phone lacked support from devs and had a really small community which made problem solving difficult.
>>
>>52352149
OK then...what else? My lg v10 has that and better so why windows. What's the features list.
>>
>>52352664
So does lg and Samsung. So what else ya got before I write it off as yet another dull slab like every other? I'm still waiting.
>>
>>52359169
I was seriously thinking about getting one, but after I moved off of AT&T to Google Fi, I just didn't need one any more, especially since my phone is financed through Google.
>>
File: wp_ss_20160111_0001.png (316KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20160111_0001.png
316KB, 1440x2560px
>>52359218
The camera is completely baller. I'll attach a pic I accidentally took of my sleve at work.

I don't have the dock so I haven't messed with continuum. Yet.

Battery life is great. With my m8 I was lucky to male it through a work day, and now I'll leave work between 60 and 70 percent. I am on it more than I should be.

The 1440 OLED really seals the deal. The text is gorgeous on it.

Nevermind the pic. I can't upload a file bigger than 4mb and the picture is pic related
>>
>>52346653
I post my 950 on here all the time. Love the thing.
But I enjoy being an underdog/ part of ecosystems that are developing. so.
>>
>>52359218
The other thing I will say is that I am really not a power user for apps. Didn't have many on my android phone so that consideration didn't give me any pause. I will say having my Office 365 and OneDrive supported out of the box (with my phone doing an automatic backup to the OneDrive) is great.
>>
>>52359051
Thanks for offering something useful to the conversation. I think the board you are looking for is /b/
>>
>>52346653
I'm pretty sure Microsoft's investors do.
Read Cringely's take on where WinPho will be in 12 months time.
<Cringely.com>
>>
>>52346772

your a stupid cunt, there's no need to change phone
>>
>>52346653
Because Microsoft doesn't care even Microsoft's own apps like word are better on Android than WP.
>>
I bought a Windows Phone a few months back. /g/ told me I'd hate it.

I fucking love it.
>>
MeeGo died. Tizen is shit.
>>
>>52359169
>950
how much was that thing?

i can't see spending more than $150 on a windows phone, there is no app support, and what apps it does have barely require a decent processor and maybe 1gb of ram which all the newest low end models have.
>>
>>52351658

You are so full of shit and you know it, people who use Windows Phones use it as feature phones that happen to have a full browser and music player and granted if that is what you use yours for it will work beautifully.

Problem is the OS is fucking buggy, all apps any apps will suddenly stop responding this includes native apps, the keyboard is shit along with its auto correct features.

Then you have most people who use apps will learn they can't communicate with others the way they are used to, why should they adapt their behavior to use a device, the device should adapt to them.
>>
>No ad blocking
>>
>>52361080

It's over $500 for a 950.
>>
>>52350329
>no SD cards or removable battery
The only recent Lumia phones worth mentioning that DIDN'T have a removable battery or micro SD card slots, coincidentally the same phone, was the 930.
>>
>>52346796
this. my WP friends can't either. its like they dont have or cant have a proper file manager, which is a shame
>>
Lumia 640 here.

Switched from an iPhone 5. Don't really use many apps. Those that I do use either support Windows Phone or have a decent alternative. Though I understand there are many apps that are iOS or Android only, and that would cause problems for some people.

Overall, it's a decent phone and I'm not complaining. I don't miss my iPhone at all. Especially since it was less than $200AU. Feels good man.
>>
Let's be honest no one cared about then in the first place.
>>
>>52363276
Microsoft apologists do.
>>
It's a matter of time before Swift works on WP.
>>
>>52346653
I suppose Windows Phone users just dont care that much about it to be posting useless threads.

I have one, I really like it, for the fact it gets out of my way.
>>
>>52357588
whats the app next to edge?
>>
>>52361170
>Problem is the OS is fucking buggy, all apps any apps will suddenly stop responding this includes native apps, the keyboard is shit along with its auto correct features.
That is complete and utter bullshit. #
Swype is awesome and I had no os hangs for 2 years.
>>
>>52359405
>My lg v10 has that and better so why windows.
Maybe because the lg v10 costs 650 dollares and the 640 costs 150 dollares and offers the same kind of smooth experience.

Android is good if you need one special app. I have an android tablet for doing such things. Windows Phone still runs smoother and there is a shitton of android apps that are horribly unstable, don't tell poeple it is not that way because it is.
>>
>>52363916
>whats the app next to edge?
Not him but the symbol is 3rd party instagram.
>>
>>52364042
>lg v10 costs 650 dollares and the 640 costs 150 dollares
the LG has much better hardware so yeah, you get what you pay for
>>
>>52346834
They let Windows Mobile die and expect everybody to jump on board Windows Phone. Major app support is ok-ish, but local is non-existing. Microsoft fucked up indeed.
>>
>>52346898
I dunno. I've heard that Ubuntu will ruin your life and makes people have to drop out of college. It doesn't even come with Word and installing the Internet is extremely difficult.
>>
>>52364214
this.
>>
>huge bezels on pretty much every phone
>rounded corners + plastic feel cheap to most people
>low-end phones usually have low-res screens
>locked with absolutely zero jailbreaking/rooting community
>no apps
>>
>>52359218
My 930 is working flawless since August. I don't understand what you mean by "the phone lacked support from devs".
>>
>>52354728
>going to break
Ftfy, anon. It will never get better, they always say it does but nah.
>>
>>52364302
Those few last Nokia-made phones were superb in design. 830 / 930 / 735 / 1520
>>
>>52348949
open source 3rd party snapchat app is in the works
>>
File: 1.jpg (137KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
137KB, 1440x2560px
>>52346796
>>52361422
You need to turn on bluetooth first
>>
I had one. They are god awful with barely any app support
>>
>>52347073
for a while?
I'm using one right now, and have been using two devices for the last two years, perfectly working unlike my lagdroid moto g which I bought for the same price.
all the apps I need are there. The keyboard is perfect to me, the new controller too, and the os itself is blazing fast. Even a G2 takes a second to load all the apps in the home screen running lollipop, a low end lumia doesn't.
Not even a shill, I never come to /g/ sucking on m$ dick, but really, I can't really imagine someone saying it's glitchy and then running android, which I used for years.
>>
>>52346986
it already had 3 updates which fixed those issues, honestly. And the 950XL had more issues than it's smaller brother. If they'd make a new review they would change their mind
>>
>>52347059
>not remembering WP7 and early Windows Mobile
>>
the real problem of wp is not the OS at all
the problem is developers don't push updates as fast as they do on ios and android
the phones have nice features, and the ui is very sexy, but despite having one and loving it, I'm tired of waiting two weeks for every major update of the most common apps. Like, when will I be able to use the @gif and @wiki bots on the phone? Why is it taking this longer than android and ios?
>>
>>52359426
>>52359426

HOnestly? Live Tiles. They simply aren't comparable with Widgets.
Live Tiles are much more functional and customizable.

It really works like advertised in early WP7 days, you don't spend time anymore to open apps or in Andriods case scroll through all pages until you see all updates
>>
>>52361175
>what is a host file?
>>
>>52367776
it's not even only the live tiles
I was fucking sick of buying a midrange every year cause android start to shit himself
>>
>>52367837
true!
MY 735 still runs as fast as on the first date. Got an unlocked 950 on release date tho, it was worth it
>>
>>52346653
WP is great.
>>
File: sopranos_laughing.gif (3MB, 322x178px) Image search: [Google]
sopranos_laughing.gif
3MB, 322x178px
>>52346916
>Windows phone from day one was built from the ground up to be a professional adult phone used to take care of business not to play on. >When you understand that and go into and set it up as such its one of the best phones you'll ever use.

I'm pretty sure they wanted to be the 3rd player next to Android and iOS to get some of that mobile money so they threw money at research and marketing like crazy. Well they are 3rd place, but with like 2% overall
>>
File: citation_needed.jpg (39KB, 300x190px) Image search: [Google]
citation_needed.jpg
39KB, 300x190px
>>52347038
>in europe windows phone sales are toe to toe with iphones

And what part of europe would that be?

Regards,

Central europe
>>
>>52367965
Not him but, in Germany that's the case
>>
File: krepierst.png (162KB, 345x475px) Image search: [Google]
krepierst.png
162KB, 345x475px
>>52367979

1. I'm from germany
2. You're full of shit
>>
>>52367979
I'm French and I know lots of people with a windows phone (myself included). They're cheap and decent phones.
>>
>>52368037
>>52367979
t. ahmed al refugi from the slums of paris/cologne
>>
>>52368109
>calling an Aryan German Ahmed
kys
>>
I had a Lumia 520 and I ditched it for the following reasons: screen was shit for daylight use, "resuming...", music players were all slow and shit, Facebook messenger sucks.
Now I have a Moto G 4G and I'm considering switching it for a Lumia 640 if those issues are fixed.

Regarding the OS itself, Android without gapps feels like a lot like WP. Even though the Moto G has better specs than the Lumia it is slower in everything except gaymen. All keyboards on Android are shit in comparison. WP works a lot better out of the box and has a lot of features that on Android require you third party apps that usually suck.
>>
>>52368020
http://www.kantarworldpanel.com/global/smartphone-os-market-share/
>>
>>52368159
>All keyboards on Android are shit in comparison.
So much this

>>52368131
If you say so mohamed
>>
>>52368182
>ios 20%
>Wp 7,2%
>toe to toe
>>
>>52368250
>Not him but, in Germany that's the case
>>
>>52368250
>>52368276
Nevermind miss tapped and landed on France instead
>>
>>52367862
I have a 735 too and I love it!
I was considering upgrade only for the camera, since the 735 is nice on that point but a 930 would be sweet!
How is that going 950 so far?
>>
File: Fuckyou.jpg (384KB, 1365x767px) Image search: [Google]
Fuckyou.jpg
384KB, 1365x767px
>>52368190
Does that look like I'm a sandnigger?!
>>
I just wish they release a new flagship with truly blazing features, atom processor, and full win 10 with exes supported by the cpu architecture.
that's the only way I'll be spending again more than 200 on a phone
>>
>>52368389
>with exes supported
you don't belong here
>>
>>52368363
Alter, du bist mit dem Namen auch echt gestraft oder? Was ist Paul Helmut denn für ein Kindername? Da kann ich mir nur so verschrumpelte altschuchteln drunter vorstellen.
>>
>>52368400
well that's just your uhm.. opinion man
>>
People did care about Windows Phone when WP7 launched and Nokia was sporting their own Lumia models. A familiar brand with a great price point. The problem was that Microsoft didn't lift their weight in helping developers get onboard, basically only Nokia was selling handsets with WP installed and those handsets were not keeping up with market trends. Microsoft buying the Nokia brand and making their own windows phones was a bad idea in my opinion, because not everyone can be Apple unless your phones see a huge adoption rate increase.

Shame, I liked my Nokia Lumia.
>>
File: 1.jpg (205KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
205KB, 1440x2560px
>>52368327
After the latest updates... Its amazing! Really an upgrade to from everything! Especially the camera. Multiple modes. Living images (what apple has copied now),rich capture, slow motion video recording in 2k, surround sound with 4 microphones... There's nothing like this phone
>>
>>52368429
Im Gegenteil, hatte nie Probleme mit dem Namen. öfters gehört "endlich mal wieder richtiger deutscher Name!" Ich selber habe auch keine Probleme damit
>>
>>52357588
Don't the new 950 and 950 x have good specs?
>>
It was pretty neat back during WP8 and 7. I hate that microsoft bought nokia, they make great hardware. The software is just shit, I don't see a reason to prefer it over android.
>>
>>52368461
jeez...
I want this phone so bad
I'm still not fully convinced though, I thought it would have been a good idea to upgrade to a used 930, but I don't know if it holds against a 950, also considering the price will consistently drop
>>
>>52368521
they have latest specs to be accurate
>>
>>52364051
There is Instagram Beta and 6tag, 6tag is the 3rd party Instagram app
>>
American carriers are eliminating buying phones on contract.

Most consumers are going to balk at paying $600 for a phone in one go.

There sits the $50 WP, that just works.

Expect a significant increase in market share this year.
>>
>>52368544
the 930 isn't as good as the 950 even if the 930 runs WM10. The 3GB RAM is really noticable, to be honest... I only had about 6 resuming screens on my 950 sine I got it which was it's release date
>>
File: WP_20131207_10_31_18_Pro.jpg (2MB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20131207_10_31_18_Pro.jpg
2MB, 3072x1728px
>>52368549
fair enough, i have the 950 from the 1020 and love it.
I kinda miss the 41mp camera though. Pic took on 1020
>>
>>52368597
Some made a coparision btw the 1020 and 950, lets see if I can find it
>>
File: 1452266815366.jpg (55KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1452266815366.jpg
55KB, 499x499px
>tfw the only options of picking a phone is lagdroid or comfy iOS but you got to pay out of your ass for a phone that is designed to break within 2 months so you buy another

I have no friends so I stopped buying smartphones. I have a flip phone through StraightTalk and an old S3 I use at home on WiFi to play games on while I take a shit and use it for porn.
>>
>>52368597
>>52368619
the 950 somewhat wins
http://fortheloveoftech.com/2015/12/13/microsoft-lumia-950-vs-nokia-lumia-1020-camera-comparison/
>>
>>52368648
thanks /g/ent
>>
>>52364042
So you admit there is no selling feature on these phones...they are just more dull ass slabs in a market full of dull ass slabs?

Well I'm convinced to never fucking buy one thx guys!
>>
>>52368753
see >>52367776
and >>52367837
>>
>>52368648
nice!
>>
File: surface-phone.jpg (49KB, 702x360px) Image search: [Google]
surface-phone.jpg
49KB, 702x360px
if pic related doesn't come out within this year, I'm getting myself a 950
>>
>>52368959
>that keyboard
is that projected or is it super thin?
>>
>>52368753
>So you admit there is no selling feature on these phones
I think the main point of windows phone is that they're good value for the money on the low end phones.
My sister got a 520 for dirt cheap a couple of years ago, and she got all the updates and added features like cortana, she'll even get windows 10 when it's released. It's a solid little phone for the price, it's also very smooth and still run greats. I'm sort of impressed and I don't understand why windows doesn't grow its marketshare at least in budget phone.
>>
>>52369263
I used to tell people who wanted a smart phone but didn't want to sells out tons for an iphone or drioid phone to get a windows for like $50.
Everyone always said no apps to me. So I showed them are uninformed they are.
>>
>>52369252
That's a fan concept... And there's no projector on the concept phone
Thread posts: 156
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.