[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying anything other than an iPhone is a reactionary act: you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 20

File: image.jpg (554KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
554KB, 1600x1200px
Buying anything other than an iPhone is a reactionary act: you are choosing not to buy an iPhone for some reason (spoken or unspoken): either because you hate Apple, or are trying to save money, or harbor philosophical beliefs of what your technology should allow you to do, etc. No one chooses to buy an Android or what have you (obviously). There's always some psychological turmoil lurking just beneath the surface of that decision.

But not just at the time of purchase. No! Then you constantly need to bother your friends and family about how XYZmessenger is way better than iMessage (please use it, guys?). Or that customizable widgets are totally worth the sociological ostracism, that's why you bought a phone right? To customize the icons. So cool you guys. You're isolated in a cul-de-sac of your own making, but at least you can pretty it up. Constant, ongoing psychologically-draining drama basically.

Buying an iPhone, by comparison, has no shadowy subtext. iPhone is synthesis, anything else is antithesis
>>
Counterpoint: it's just a phone.
>>
>>52343519

If you view it as just a phone you would by the shittest model. If you buy it as a smart phone you buy it as a status symbol, and no matter how 'flashy' your android phone might be, people will still think you're poor.
>>
There are much cheaper android phones, good for burners, etc. Not sure why somebody would buy a non-iphone for the price of an iPhone though, as iPhones have been unanimously rated as the best smartphones on the market, every year since release.
>>
>>52343538

Because they are plebs who think they're 'making a point'.

Like the people who unironically buy into the 'free software' meme.
>>
>>52343495
3.5mm headphone jack
(^;
>>
>>52343571

>the one thing maintaining the thickness of modern phones
>good

I personally can't wait for the thunderbolt headphone set. Not just for the audio clarity, but for when all other phones eventually move to USB/proprietary headphone jacks in three years I can't wait to see the damage control lagdroid faggots spin.

You know it's coming.
>>
As weird as it may seem to you, I actually don't buy iPhones because I don't like their design and their lack of customisation options.
>>
>>52343621

>I don't like the nicest form factor/operating system on any mobile device

The mental gymnastics you paupers play with yourselves is fantastic.
>>
>>52343601
if they ditch the headphone jack, it will be because all jacks are gone to make it water proof. 100% inductive charging and wireless headphones. Plus abples own new high fidelity audio format in apple music
>>
>>52343635

Oh God of this is true I can't wait.

Apple are truly the apex of modern design.
>>
>>52343647
it will be great even just for exercising. One drop of sweat in the wrong place in most smartphones and you water damage indicator changes colour
>>
>>52343635

>induction charging
>induction headphones that connect magnetically to a snug little crevice, so it stays secure

Not even an apple user, but if they made this I would buy it day one.
>>
>>52343635

>completely jackless completely waterproof induction iPhone

Shut up and take my money
>>
>>52343743
the new buds don't even have a wire connecting them together. I hope you can ask siri where they are when you lose them
>>
They tend to be too small, especially the older models. Id rather stick to my Samsung s4 thanks
>>
>no sd slot expansion
>no removable back
>built upon a shitty kernel
>no 3.5mm jack top kek
Why do applecucks think their product is good again?
>>
>>52343814
kernel is fine. sd slots are fucking huge. removable batter = thicker and/or smaller battery and/or, less rigid. if apple ditch the headphone jack, you will most definitely drool at their new solution that replaces it
>>
>>52343495
iOS is too limited for my taste

other than that, they're good phones
>>
>>52343807

But Anon, the 6S Plus is the best large phone you can buy, and if you want larger iPads are the best tablets you can buy.

If I didn't know better I would think you were just being contrarian.
>>
>>52343814

>no phonograph player
>won't walk my dog when my arthritis plays up
>too many colours on the screen
>Doesn't have Snake built in

Sorry Grampa, iPhones aren't for everyone. Maybe stick to your two cans joined by string.
>>
>>52343922

Archbishop of Banterbury right here
>>
>>52343895
this is the most reasonable and honest reply in /g/ this month.
>>
>>52343495
>Buying anything other than an iPhone is a reactionary act:

Hello OP.

i have the iphone 6. 64GB. the amount of storage space is super important to state for applefags.

Anywho, i hate this phone with a passion. Everything it does, Android phones do better.

And the irony of being on 4chan with an iphone is that I STILL CANT FUCKING WATCH WEBMS DIRECTLY!

luckily i ordered a Oneplus X a few days ago. it resembles the iphone, and thank jesus, mohammed and buddah, its android.

cant wait to sell this piece of shit of a phone thats starting to break after only 6 months lol.
>>
>>52344013
VLC for iOS
>>
>>52344013
you were probably trying to shoehorn google services into your iPhone. If that's the case you were stupid for not buying an android in the first place
>>
>>52343495
Apple shill of the day.
>>
>ITT: next level shitposting
>>
>>52344033

i said i cant watch them directly. i have vlc.
>>
>>52344013

>he thinks a Oneplus X is superior to an iPhone
>he thinks not being able to watch anime WebMs on 4chan is worth using an inferior decide

See, reactionary.
>>
>>52344034

got it as a gift. figured after much praise that the iphone would not be that bad.

but its ok, i can still sell the iphone for a hefty price to some sucker that thinks apple is god. (kinda like OP)
>>
>>52344013

>I can't use my phone properly
>better buy an inferior one, maybe that will make everything better
>>
>>52344072
or somebody who doesn't use many services of an advertising company
>>
File: lWgJ4NI.gif (206KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
lWgJ4NI.gif
206KB, 500x498px
>>52343495
Buying anything other than an Android is a reactionary act: you are choosing not to buy an Android for some reason (spoken or unspoken): either because you hate Android, or are trying too hard, or harbor philosophical beliefs of what your technology should not allow you to do, etc. No one chooses to buy an iphone or what have you (obviously). There's always some psychological turmoil lurking just beneath the surface of that decision.
But not just at the time of purchase. No! Then you constantly need to bother your friends and family about how imessenger bubbles are way better than any other messenger in the market (please use them, faggots?). Or that non-customizable widgets are totally worth the sociological ostracism, that's why you bought a phone right? To stay pleb and not customize the icons. So cool you guys. You're isolated in a cul-de-sac of your own making, but at least you can pretty it up. Constant, ongoing psychologically-draining drama basically.
Buying an Android, by comparison, has no shadowy subtext. Android is THE shit, anything else is shit.
>>
>>52343632
>nicest form factor

The form factor looks basically like an HTC, it's a common slate form factor, except that the HTC back is curved so that it's nicer to hold in the hand. iPhones are flat, so ergonomically inferior to even HTC phones.
Also, iPhones have a boring gay design. Every year is the same old rounded edges shit, made by mister mediocrity himself, Ive. He doesn't know how to design anything unless it has rounded edges or a cushion profile. Literally all icons on iOS look like cushions. So much uniformity and monotony...

Also, iPhone lack very common and useful features such as microSD card trays. They think "the cloud" is everything you need for storage, even when you might be travelling in an area with very low signal. Not to mention how badly customers of the Apple cloud have been screwed by the fappening. Also why would you have to wait to download your movie from the cloud when you could simply have your whole collection of new movies on an mSD card? Just makes no sense. But in the iPhone world, this makes sense... =/

>nicest operating system
Locked customisation is the nicest mobile OS? So, basically it's like in totalitarian communist regimes: you either like what the Apple Party says it's good for you or it's your problem.

You see, that's the similarity between Apple and totalitarian regimes: you guys both like uniformity and no options for personal choices. Apples knows best what's good for you, comrade! Obey.
>>
>>52344327
i can do more meaningful things, and be more productive in my apple ecosystem, than any other combination of devices for my particular needs. So can the majority of consumers. Sure i can't polish a turd all day like android users do, but i'll get by
>>
My note 4 can torrent movies onto its SD card and stream them directly to my TV whilst I use the best 4chan browser going which Apple wouldn't allow me to use because I can't have nice things.
>>
>>52344340
>i can do more meaningful things, and be more productive in my apple ecosystem, than any other combination of devices for my particular needs.
No, you can't.
>>
>>52344367
it's funny because this use case is so hilarious to normal people .you shouldn't be running bittorrent on a phone. it's 2017 for christs sake.
>>
>>52344374
yes i can. i've used the rest. it's all shit. deal with it
>>
>>52344340
>smartphone
>productivity
Let me laugh hard here. It's just a phone, dude, get over it. You can make calls on it, send small fragments of text and watch some media on it on the fly.
Productivity and phone just don't mix well in the same sentence. Try matching the speed of typing on a proper PC with that of typing on a smartphone. Yep, that's productivity on a phone.
>>
>>52344387
>yes i can.
Nope.
>>
>>52344401
not familiar with continuity yet i see
>>
Now, I don't really know that much about smartphones, so my Idol 3 is good enough for me. My money goes towards meme gaming gear.
>>
>>52344406
Yes, which I can do on basically any mobile device today. You're no special snowflake.
>>
>>52344401
and why do i need to type to be productive? I can do just about everything an assistant can just by talking to my watch.
>>
>>52344417
windows has it, but windows has no apps. google dent' have a desktop os so the only continuity you get there is doing everything inside chrome. plus i
>>
>>52344419
You know you get more tired from talking for half an hour, than from typing for half an hour. Talking uses more energy resources. That's not very productive.
>>
>>52344439
you seen to thing productivity consists of writing a book or something
>>
Enjoy your VR, jk :^)
>>
>>52344456
You seem to think programming can be done by talking to Siri.
>>
test
>>
>>52344471
i'm not a programmer
>>
>>52344512
And what is productivity? "Hey Siri, add in my Agenda a meeting". That's not profuctivity. That's having an assistant. And Google can do just the same, if not with even better voice decoding.

By the way, real managers pay assistants. Only hipfags go proud of their iPhone.
>>
>>52344585

And only contrarians are proud of having something inferior to an iPhone
>>
>>52343495
I know your an Apple salesperson, so maybe you can relay this up your COC. Unlikely, but I can dream.
Here's why I bought a 1+1 instead of a Crapple.

>better performance than iphone
>MUCH better screen than iphone (bigger, too)
>build quality is actually bearable, doesn't shatter when dropped
>camera is on point, actually better than a lot of dedicated cameras I've owned over the years
>can actually do real work on it, such as programming (which the iphone is incapable of)
>global adblocker and other fun root features that the iphone will literally never have
>plays music without having to go through shittunes or downloading some specialized 'music import' software
>half the price of an iphone

I have an 8GB iPod Touch 3 back in the day which I used for music playing and web browsing and stuff. It was the most fragile piece of memeware I've ever used. The screen shattered when I dropped it four feet onto kitchen tile. The phone I had before my 1+1 (a Kyocera Hydro Vibe, i.e. a bargain bin crapphone I paid $50 for) survived a 6-foot drop onto asphalt with literally no damage whatsoever.
If I'm going to spend a lot of money on a peice of consumer electronics, I expect to get my money's worth. No Apple product released since Android left memehood has been worth buying.

Most of the people I know in real life have Android phones anyway. The "android users are all poor basement dwelling NEETs!" is a lie propagated by people who spent their dad's money on a $900 piece of trash and then try to justify it. The one guy I know who actually does use an iPhone has a jailbroken, heavily modified* iPhone 4 he bought on launch day and still uses. And he's said in the past that whenever it breaks he'll just get a 1+2.
>>
>>52344376
>you shouldn't be running bittorrent on a phone
>you shouldn't manage files on a phone
>you shouldn't play webms in a browser
>you shouldn't expand your phone's storage
>you shouldn't be able to copy files without itunes
>you shouldn't have widgets on your homescreen

nice "smart"phone you have there
>>
>>52344585
ask google now to define productivity for you
>>
>>52344429
You don't need an Ecosystem. Never heard of Standards? I can sync all my shit between Linux, Android and Windows without issue, with some more cloud options. Only Apple locks your features into an Apple ecosystem, and that's why Apple is lightyears inferior
>>
>>52344429
>google dent' have a desktop os

Actually, they do. Chrome itself includes the entire Chromium runtime, which is what ChromeOS apps run off of - this means that if you're on a computer that's physically compatible with ChromeOS, you can run some Android apps even if you're on Windows.
It's a niche, sure, but it's a fucking cool niche when you see it in action.
>>
File: 1443193165605.jpg (33KB, 500x565px) Image search: [Google]
1443193165605.jpg
33KB, 500x565px
>>52344376
So your seemingly absolute OP doesn't apply to anybody normal?
Phone users are so delusional it's retarded.
>>
>>52343495

Everything OP said is true. The irrational hatred of iPhones by android users who will defend their bloated, slow, crashy, visually disgusting OS is purely psychological. It is Jealousy.

>>52343528

>thinks it is a status symbol = jealous and poor

>>52344013

Reactionary and stupid. VLC plays webms perfectly.
>>
>>52344650
Oh yeah this is also true. I completely forgot about that. I can plug my Android phone into either my Linux box or Windows laptop, run a couple terminal commands, and have all my stuff synced as well as backed up.
With apple you either need to go through iTunes (still one of the worst programs still in common use) or some weird 3rd-party mover that's probably a botnet.
>>
>>52344678
Android is more streamlined, faster, more stable, and more beautiful than iOS will ever be.

That being said you're a trafficconefag so your opinion is already worthless.
>>
>>52344639
>>you shouldn't be running bittorrent on a phone
absolutely no reason to do this
>you shouldn't manage files on a phone
file management on iOS is optimised for the small screen.
>you shouldn't play webms in a browser
the only reason you need webm is because google jewed out and didn't 'support h264 like the rest of the world. i don't know anywhere that uses webm besides 4chan anyway. and if you browse 4chan on your phone you have major metal problems
>you shouldn't expand your phone's storage
the benefits of not having expandable storage outweigh the space it takes up
>you shouldn't be able to copy files without iTunes
no idea what you are talking about
>you shouldn't have widgets on your home screen
you shouldn't. they should be in the today view. Apple had widgets long before android did (in OSX). apple and their users are well aware how useless 99% of them are
>>
>>52344631
What the fuck is the matter with you? Why do you keep dropping your phones?
>>
>>52344696
My Android connects to my Mac and gives me drag and drop transferring It's just iOS devices which suck balls.
>>
>>52344401
The best part about this is that you can actually use any USB keyboard with all recent Android phones.

Can't do that with Apple.
>>
>>52344716
I really hope this guy is just an enormous bait poster, he can't even read replies
>>
>>52344650
please. i've actually used linux, windows and android to their full extent. i know full well their limitations. it just can't compete. linux never had devs, windows no longer has devs, and google is an advertising company with no taste. It truely is a cesspool out there. If you really hate apple , the best thing you can do is start buying windows apps, that's the only future i see of an ecosystem that can match apples
>>
>>52344726
Because, unlike applefags who spend all their time trying to justify their purchases, I actually go outside and do things.

I dropped the iPod because I tripped over my dog, who was hiding in front of my refrigerator for some reason. The Hydro fell out of my pocket while I was exiting my vehicle in a parking lot.
>>
>>52344734
i don't have to connect my phone to my mac to drag and drop files to it
>>
I just got an iPAd to use with my piano for MIDI and learning adn stuff and it works great for that.

A few dissappointments are that it lags a lot (iPad 4), Siri is literally a joke (in the way that iOS users ask it jokes and stupid shit) and still no way of getting rid of the pre-installed shit?! Yet no calculator on iPad... WHO IS MAKING THESE RETARDED DECISIONS?!
>>
>>52344716
>'optimize' a feature by removing it
applefags actually justify this
>>
File: 1451940091412s.jpg (12KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1451940091412s.jpg
12KB, 250x250px
Apple products are all beta products.

Operating systems:
Yosemite - Lags like piece of shit, graphical user interface is sloppy
El Capitan - Another fast release OS with more features, this time they tried to correct problems in Betamite, some people report having wireless bugs on it.

Computers:
Macbook - single port mac, with shit cpu and no replaceable parts.

Macbook pro 13"- Just a minor update and price rise. woow it's fucking nothing (they are stalling in making something interesting)

Macbook pro 15" - Gets uncomfortably hot when doing really heavy work on 15". Some models throttle.

iMacs - Only high ends are actually worth something but not for the price of 3 grand, problem with boot camp and having to use specific Apple drivers apparently. (on windows)

iPad pro - Tablet with no real professional programs and locked down piece of shit OS. Doesn't even come with pen. Just iPad with bigger screen and better specs with "pro" joke slapped on product name. Yes, base model doesn't even have 3g/Lte how can it even have a "pro" on it

iPhone:
iPhone 6S - let's face it, the 3D touch is gimmick bullshit and you very rarely use it, you paid for this beta test with battery life and increase in weight. Most problems lies in iOS which is too locked down piece of shit.

Misc:

Apple watch - niche product with shit battery and needs phone to get best of it. Stupid, inconvenient and expensive.

Apple pen - A 99 dollar pen accessory for thousand dollar "pro" tablet.

iOS - Locked down piece of shit.
>Needs iTunes to transfer music onto it
>Apple music advertisements all over music app, even when disabled the user interface has been turned to clusterfuck.
>no customisation
>locked down to only Apple store apps.
>Kimoji being one of top paid (1st to 10th place in most countries) apps tells lot about mentality of iPhone users:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kimoji/id1068019093?mt=8

Why are you dumb fucks paying for beta testing?
>>
I mean I just like Android. But whatever
>>
>>52344762
>linux never had devs
not in the 'paid dev team' kind of way, but there's a reason linux is still faster and more secure than anything short of the BSDs these days
>windows no longer has devs
fair
>google is an advertising company with no taste
true, but they also know how to make some remarkably solid software
>apple is any better
The complete clusterfuck that is LLVM is proof enough that Apple's developers are pants-on-head retarded.

also
>muh ecosystem
>>
>>52344762
Linux is by far the most powerful OS, but I agree that it's not for the tech dummies. On other hand, what are you even saying? Windows is the first choice for every business company, and Microsoft is all but a small company. Also Google is so widespread they had to divide it and get an umbrella corp to keep it under control. You're not even argumenting, you're just throwing bullshit to sustain your false ideas of anything but Apple
>>
>>52344787
It's different to a desktop OS, as it should be. Managing files in Android is a pain in the ass. Managing files in iOS is in the share menu, which will show you any other apps that support the format. You probably couldn't work out how to play mkvs in iOS either
>>
>>52344796
>base model doesn't even have 3G
Wait, are you serious? It's almost 2017 and Apple's biggest release of last year doesn't even have 3G support? What the fuck? Even my laptop has 3G/4G support built in, all it needs is a sim card.
>>
>>52344820
best OS for mcdonalds cash registers. Not for me
>>
>>52344835
protip: disregard the content of posts with Anti-X images in them. It's 100% bullshit, 99% of the time
>>
>>52344829
>Managing files in Android is a pain in the ass.
Sounds like you've never tried.
There's three main ways to 'manage' files on your Android phone:
1: Use an actual file manager. One usually comes preinstalled, but if you're using android 4 or earlier you might need to grab one from the play store.
2: Use Google's quasi-'file manager' that collects stuff on your devices and kinda merges it with stuff on your Drive, so you can treat files on your Drive as if they were on the phone. I'm not too familiar with this one because I don't really use Google Drive.
3. Plug it into your computer (any computer, really) and marvel in the fact that Android exposes your phone's entire OS to the computer, which iPhones will never do.
>>
>>52344835
only the 899 quid or 1305 dollar model has the cellular.
>>
>>52344860
you don't have to tell me how to use android. i have many android devices and i'm probably better at android than you are.
>>
>>52344829
Whoa whoa whoa. Managing files =\= share menu. Are you dumb or what?

Plus, just fuck off. Android has some of the best file managers around, just check Solid Explorer or Total CMD. You're just wrong.
>>
>>52344868
Holy shit that's hilarious.
I spend $1000 on my convertible and it has that feature. It also doesn't run iOS (came with W8 but has an unlocked bootloader), is compatible with essentially any stylus, and wasn't made by Apple.

Who the fuck is buying this piece of trash?
>>
File: 1449167322184.gif (1MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1449167322184.gif
1MB, 200x200px
>>52343495
Nice pasta faggot

Also I'm a reactionary and I hate fags and progress, thats why I stick with my old 3.5mm jack
>>
>>52344873
Apparently not, considering you think file management is 'a pain in the ass.'
>>
>>52344877
managing files on a phone or tablet, should not equal a file manager. that is the whole point. File managers in android are fucking retarded. Why do you even need it? Probably to try and fix your android system, and not actually do some thing like moving a pdf/etc around, which iOs does much better
>>
>>52344909
it's a pain in the ass to have an OS so shitty that you need a file manager on a 5" phone.
>>
>>52344892
people who have iPad pro or Apple watch are top notch retards, most of the time.
>>
>>52344855
Yea but its true...
>>52344868
>>
>>52344910
This approach encourages tech illiteracy and discourages learning and building technical competence by managing your files with special tools.

Apple's dogma taken from Jobs is that technology should be something locked down, which makes you dumber and dumber, instead of giving you more options to manage things the way you want.
>>
>>52344910
>if apple can't do it, it must be useless
applefags actually justify this
>Why do you even need it?
I do some programming on my phone, and while there are some ok IDEs I much prefer my old style toolchains.
Also, CM's default file manager has a built in text editor, which is neat.
>Probably to try and fix your android system
I've actually never had an Android install break on me. I have, however, been forced to use gimped versions of iOS because Apple wanted to pressure me into buying their next trashware.
>>>52344921
1920x1080 on a 5.5" screen, bitch. iPhone users wish that they had this screen.

Now do what all applefags do and try to justify your shit. Go on. I'll be waiting.
>>
>>52343561
> Wanting everything free and with a sense of privacy is a meme
>>
>>52344910
>iOS file manager is so glorious, Android File Managers are shit
>who the fuck needs file managers on phones

iPhone cucks in a nutshell
>>
>>52343847
>removable battery
>less rigid
You're underage aren't you? Ever seen a phone with a non-removable battery getting disassembled? Ever seen a removable battery?
>>
>>52344950
only people in IT need to learn those things. And people in IT usually suck at tech anyway. due to only seeing things in black and while due to autism.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with people knowing as much a file manager as they know about a magnet
>>
>>52344989
>i dont know how to do X, so nobody needs to know how to do X
>my shitphone can't do X, so nobody needs to be able to do X
>magnets man how do they work xD
applefags in a nutshell
>>
>>52344980
learn to read moron. if it is indeed more riding, then the or flag would apply to that part, and it would then either be a smaller battery, and/or, a thicker phone
>>
>>52344989
Did you fail the FizzBuzz test? Or are you just baiting?
>>
>>52345000
>if it is indeed more riding, then the or flag would apply to that part
Did you just have a stroke?
>>
>>52344999
i don't need a file manager in iOS for me to be more productive in my profession than a mix and match android user. File managers are an archaic principle.
>>
>>52345016
J U S T I F Y
U
S
T
I
F
Y
>>
I don't care if someone prefers to use iOS, but using arguments like "you don't need that feature anyway" is just fucking retarded.
Use your iPhone and be happy, but don't spout stupid shit.
>>
>>52345000
>No removable battery makes it more rigid
>iPhone 6 bends in pockets

If theory doesn't convince you, why can't you even accept the facts?
>>
>>52345012
sorry 10 people responding to me has pushed my typing speed beyond it's limited.
>>
>>52345031
That's what you get for using an operating system that doesn't let you use a real keyboard.
>>
>>52345022
what would i need a file manager on my phone for? Give 5 examples and i'll tell you if it's relevant on iOS, or how I accomplish the same thing
>>
File: 2cute_japan.png (71KB, 520x384px) Image search: [Google]
2cute_japan.png
71KB, 520x384px
>>52345012
Is he Jap?
>>
>>52345036
I'm on OSX, but both OSX and iOS let you use real keyboards
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-10-13-50-06.png (181KB, 768x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-10-13-50-06.png
181KB, 768x1280px
>>52344646
Heere it goes sir. Sorry for the time but was kinda having lunch. Now, can we agree that you're just wrong beyond every acceptable limit?
>>
>>52343495
>willing to have controll over a device you own is reactionary
>willing not to pay an indecent price for something is reactionary
>willing to have a device you can actualy keep for a long time by replacing batteries and memory so you can save money and avoid producing innecesary waste ils reactionary
>having another opinion ils reactionary
>>
>>52345062
lol does google now really just do a google search and open the browser?
>>
>>52345062
i don't really remember why you were a retard. but weren't you saying productive required either writing a book, or programming?
>>
>>52345073
Does that look like a google search result?
>>
>>52345048
Whenever fags like you post just after you got your new IPhone 6s for Christmas and need to justify your purchase, it makes me want to kill myself a little more. Please don't hesitate to never post ever again.
>>
>>52345087
it is just a search result. i'm just not sure if that is the google now interface, or if he just dictated it in google search
>>
>>52345100
Who fucking cares
>>
>>52343495
>people who buy X do so because some thought process concluded X to be the best option for their needs
thank you for that insight OP
>>
>>52345100
Weren't you owning many android devices and had explored them in every way? Google Now looks like that, and after pronouncing your query gives you a card (in this case dictionary) and below search results. The card is exactly what you get on Siri/Cortana after a question, but having the search results there mean you can just say "Hamburger" and scroll down for places to eat, instead of saying "where can I eat an hamburger" and getting mad because it doesnt hear you in the noise
>>
>>52345090
>Still using an S4
>>
>>52345043
All right let's do this then.
>Installing an app you just downloaded from the developer's website
>Moving the album you just torrented into your music folder so you can start playing it immediately
>Making a quick edit to your programming project's source code that you don't feel like opening your IDE for
>Moving files from your USB drive to your phone while you're away from your computer
>Trying to see what's using up most of your phone's storage without having to plug it into your computer
>Moving a song file into your Ringtones folder so you can quickly set it as your ringtone

There's six general use cases, all of which I've done in the last month. To get a little more niche:
>Downloaded a compiler, want to move it into $PATH so I can run it natively from my terminal
>Misplaced by Keepass database, ended up moving it to its own folder in ~/
>Seeing which folder I forgot to give myself write permissions to when aforementioned compiler didn't work
>Deleting the tombstones left over by removed apps (this can be automated but I didn't bother installing SDMaid at the time)
>Writing a quick note to myself in the text editor before I went to bed so I wouldn't forget in the morning

You can't even do most of this on iOS PERIOD, while in Android it's all rolled into the file manager.
>>
>>52345141
I have a HP touchpad and an Android car stereo. I explored them fully at the time. HP touchpad i don't use, and my android stereo just plays the radio now and bluetooth handsfree. Haven't bothered with them since Now has come out, but i keep tabs on all the new features being added, which i can understand from being competent with the core android system. I was just surprised that Google Now is basically just Google search.
>>
File: IMG_6690.jpg (781KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6690.jpg
781KB, 1200x900px
>>52343847
>sd slots are fucking huge
kek
The grapes must be very sour on the Applel side.
>>
>>52345073
Nope.
Google Now first parses your command to see if you were actually telling it to do something related to your phone (ie "Ok Google, show me a map of Slovakia" will open the Maps app and focus on Slovakia). If it can't be reasonably interpreted to be a phone command, it opens up the Google app (not the browser, Google - it's a lightweight cache-based version of the search engine) and does some weird things behind the scenes to try and figure out exactly what you meant. Oftentimes it will pick a 'result' that it thinks you wanted and then read it aloud, while giving you the option to scroll down if it isn't what you wanted.
>>
>>52345168
>>Installing an app you just downloaded from the developer's website
Apple has an app store with all apps on it. If it's something shady, you can side load it
>Moving the album you just torrented into your music folder so you can start playing it immediately
iv'e used sub music for the last half decade
>Making a quick edit to your programming project's source code that you don't feel like opening your IDE for
coda app
>Moving files from your USB drive to your phone while you're away from your computer
iCloud drive
>Trying to see what's using up most of your phone's storage without having to plug it into your computer
settings.app or ask siri
>Moving a song file into your Ringtones folder so you can quickly set it as your ringtone
you could buy them, or download raw files like NIN stuff and edit them in Garageband to make great looping ring tones without the vocals

>Downloaded a compiler, want to move it into $PATH so I can run it natively from my terminal
now you're just being silly. this is on a phone? you don't have a laptop? why are you compiling on a computer with a shit processor anyway?
>Misplaced by Keepass database, ended up moving it to its own folder in ~/
any decent password manager lets you select any decent cloud service to sync with. If you are using a password manager without syncing, there would be absolutely zero reason to have to move the database anywhere on the device, as there's only one storage space
>Seeing which folder I forgot to give myself write permissions to when aforementioned compiler didn't work
lol....LOL

You're absolutely right. iPhones suck for programmers who what to compile things on their phones
>>
>>52345187
you have the slot, the shroud, the circuitry for it, etc. it's not just the size of the hole you dipshit
>>
>>52343495
Hmmm... I am not sure, I sure can afford an iphone, and an imac and a macbook, but I chose samsung... dunno why, but I always felt like apple was limited as it has its own programs and OS and shit... plus I wanted a water resistant phone so samsung galaxy S5 was the obvious choice... Maybe if apple makes a water resistant iphone I might consider buying it. But for now I am happy with my S5. I reeally wanted the S6 but I was afraid i'd break it when taking it out of my pocket while sitting down in a confined space like a car seat, same issue with iphone 6S by the way, I was also afraid of breaking that. But next time I will buy a samsung galaxy S7 or an iphone 7something.
Is there VLC media player for iphone/ios? Because I don't know if my movies will play in ios or if I need to convert them...
>>
File: telephone1404823479402.jpg (9KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
telephone1404823479402.jpg
9KB, 224x225px
>>52343495
>>
>>52343571

Still a rumor at this point.
>>
>>52345257
Is that a problem for Applel to fit in a phone?

Because microSD cards are fucking awesome for swappable extra storage.

But no, if Tim Cook and Ive don't like it, you applefags just take up your arse and try to justify it to reduce your dissonance.
>>
>>52344631

>proud of having a Chinese pice of shit plastic phone
>thinks his opinion matters

O I am laffin
>>
File: d5c.jpg (36KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
d5c.jpg
36KB, 625x626px
>>52343495
>>
>>52345250
>Apple has an app store with all apps on it. If it's something shady, you can side load it.
Android has this too, but not every app is in one of the repositories. Dashchan's primary plugins, for example, are only available for download from their Github page. In iOS you'd have to sideload this from a computer. In Android, you can do it natively.
>ive'e used sub music for the last half decade
I've never heard of "sub music" and Google isn't helping, so I'm assuming you had a stroke again.
>coda app
I literally said "that you don't feel like opening your IDE for". Also, having to download an external application to solve a problem that doesn't exist on Android in the first place is the opposite of a solution.
>iCloud drive
That doesn't even make any sense. How would you get a file from your USB drive onto your phone via iCloud without going through your phone first?
>settings.app or ask siri
Apple is notorious for 'hiding' stuff that really doesn't need to be hidden. App metadata and tombstones that are easily removed on Android get 'stuck' on apple unless you do a full system upgrade, which often just makes it worse.
>you could buy them, or download raw files like NIN stuff and edit them in Garageband to make great looping ring tones without the vocals
holy shit are you retarded?
Your solution to "iphones can't drag & drop music files into ringtones" is "download raw files and then edit them in garageband"?
wow
>now you're just being silly. this is on a phone? you don't have a laptop? why are you compiling on a computer with a shit processor anyway?
Because (1) my phone's processor is top of the line, and more powerful even than some laptop processors, and (2) it's more streamlined to make android apps on android natively. Iphone users wouldn't know this, of course.
>any decent password manager lets you select any decent cloud service to sync with
literally uploading all your passwords to the net
what could possibly go wrong
>>
Hey OP, do you like salty champagne biscuits?

Do you like them limp or stiff and full of veins?
>>
>>52345250
>lol...LOL
It's a first-world-problem, I know, but considering iPhones can't even compile natively in the first place it's a problem I'll deal with.

I also noticed you ignored two of my points. That's nice. Keep justifying your shitty purchases, though.
>>
>>52345309
i have a sd slot on my laptop and i never use it. why would my phone be any different?
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1242x2208px
>>52345062

Oh look, my iPhone 6s Plus does the same thing.

Just it looks much better, and is faster, and more intuitive.

Enjoy your fractured OS though.
>>
>>52343495
>you are choosing not to buy an iPhone for some reason (spoken or unspoken): either because you hate Apple, or are trying to save money, or harbor philosophical beliefs of what your technology should allow you to do, etc

>you are choosing to not use a product for literally the same reasons anyone chooses to use or not use a product

Are all apple fanboys this fucking retarded?
>>
>>52345316
It has its problems, but for $300 it's by far the best bang-for-your-buck this side of dumphones.
>>
>>52345250
If all you want is just a phone, why a smartphone anyway? So you can do the kinky stuff that Apple specifically allows you to? Some of us like to get a smartphone to continue out laptop works without bringing it around, and that's why we choose a good smartphone. If all you want is a luxury toy to show friends, then yes, you're absolutely right, iPhones have no competitors
>>
>>52345334
you've lost me
>>
>>52345359
Now what if, say, "Define Productivity" was the name of some obscure progressive rock album from the late 1960s? What then? In your iPhone, you'd be out of luck - you'd have to close that and try your search again, or just admit defeat and open up your browser and search for it manually.
With Google Now, you could just scroll down and see other potential results.
>>
>>52345309

>microSD is great

Sorry Grandpa, my iPhone also doesn't play Betamax tapes.

Maybe you should just stick to your last gen tech.
>>
>2016
>still rocking my iphone 4 first gen
>my first smartphone

shit is sturdy as a rock
>>
>>52345363
android is more limiting and unpolished then an iPhone as every review since the original phone would point out. If you are a programmer and you want to compile shit on your phone and change file permissions on your password database in home directory, Buy an Aneroid. But an iPhone user just doesn't require to do any of that. and if anything, those things make android phones dumber, not smarter
>>
>>52345369
I know. Apple can't possibly keep up with the sheer amount of features and usability that Android comes with right out of the box. It's not unheard of for someone used to technological squalor such as that which Apple provides to be confused or even afraid of the heavenly technological paradise that Android offers. I think Plato wrote a book with a similar topic.
>>
>>52345353
I don't know, likely because your laptop doesn't have a limited 8,16, 32, or 64 gig limit on it's space? I use my SD card all the time because i have like 100+ audiobooks and 2 anime series on my phone. Also my laptop isn't allowed in the clean room I work in.
>>
>>52345389
>microSD is last gen tech
I like this meme.
>>
>>52345396
everything i read in you repose was wrong so i stopped reading and i'm not doing a big response back to you. An android phone is clearly the better choice for you, but you should even need to do things you do on your android if you had a proper setup
>>
File: image.png (301KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
301KB, 1242x2208px
>>52345375

Or I could just open the Google app I never use.
>>
>>52345353
Because extra storage on a phone can be very important? Because laptops have a lot more internal storage than any phone so they don't really need the mSD slot, except for photographers who want a quick way to transfer files?

Jeez, how tech-illiterate are you...
>>
>>52345405
i can have 100+ audio books on my 16gb iPhone, and over 100 million songs. it's called 2016
>>
>>52345392
>Android is more limiting

Are you going to justify this huge bullcrap with at least few examples or are we supposed to just take it and shut up? You know, we actually want proofs, we don't just take all the shit Apple says and shut up
>>
>>52345396

>my Swiss Army knife can cut steak better than your hand-carved stake knife because it has a screwdriver on it

Android users are actually hilarious
>>
>>52345436
more like
>my swiss army knife-cut steak is way better than the pile of shit you're eating from your bear hands
>>
>>52345435
is there really any reason to provide proof that the iPhone is better? Every single review ever done on the web says it's better.

Permission are never an issue on iPhones for starters. That is smart, not dumb.
>>
>>52345389
>he thinks fixed storage in a device is great
>fixed storage
>technologically advanced
Typical Appletard.
>>
File: 1432158151746.jpg (33KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1432158151746.jpg
33KB, 480x640px
>"Le natural course of human evolution is purchasing iphones"

All these autists taking the bait...
>>
>>52344678
Theres nothing irrational about it. iTunes is absolutely infuriating, is riddled with bugs, and Apple has the worst support ever. Try looking up how to solve a problem on their site is terrible. There is either a million other people complaining about the same problem that never gets answered and the only "help" you ever receive is by retards telling you to try and restore it.

Continue mindlessly swallowing Apple's load though.
>>
>>52345450
Where are you ever living? Does apple even filter your Internet? It's not like that, iPhones are not globally the best available. It may have been back in the first models, but it's widespread that they're just expensive toys for rich kids or dumb whores
>>
>>52345475
i would not recommend apple products if you use windows.
>>
>>52345487
every respected tech site on the net has rated the iPhone the best smartphone on the market, since 2007. I know that's not enough basis alone to go out and buy one. But i'm just saying, /g/ is fucking spastic
>>
>projection: the OP

I ordered a LG G4 a few days ago, because I wanted a phone with a good camera and a bigger screen than what I currently have (LG Optimus G), the fuckhuge 1440p resolution, 3 gigs of ram and a panel that looks great is a bonus too

additionally I work with apple products and have worked with multiple (ipad 2, 3, 4, air, iphone 6, ipod) and did not like the OS at all

the only thing I liked about the iphone 6 is the aluminium package, other than that - it's not for me

OP is a faggot as usual
>>
>>52345530
OP is just copy pasta. disregard it. this is just /fag/ - Friendly Apple General
>>
Why do apple users have to validate themselves so much?

I usually recommend Apple for older people who aren't into tech since it's harder to fuck up. The closed system makes sense in that respect. They aren't bad devices, just not for me.
>>
>>52343635
Lots of Sony Xperias are already literally waterproof and still have lots of ports including the headphone jack.
>>
Sub $100 phones do everything iPhones do these days.

Can you give me one legitimate reason to own one over those phones other than MUH BLUETEXT?
>>
>>52343635
>shitty bluetooth compression ruining music
Yes please
>>
only on neo-/g/ does copy pasta get 170+ replies
>>
File: 1452388441273.jpg (36KB, 394x700px) Image search: [Google]
1452388441273.jpg
36KB, 394x700px
>>52345359
JUST
U
S
T
>>
File: 1443974551852.jpg (143KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1443974551852.jpg
143KB, 640x1136px
>>52348876
Me too!
>>
File: jesus-siri-bloggess.jpg (64KB, 600x638px) Image search: [Google]
jesus-siri-bloggess.jpg
64KB, 600x638px
>>52348926
>OK
>>
>>52343495
>trying so hard to sound clever

Embarrassing...
>>
>>52343519
Have you forgotten that /g/ lets a phone define themselves like the good consumers they are.
>>
>>52345090
>I get butthurt enough about phones that I wanna kill myself

Trying going outside more and having basic human interaction for once you disgusting weeb.
>>
File: image.png (724KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
724KB, 2048x1536px
Got an ipad air 2 for $200
ios sucks dicks
Never again
>>
>>52343528
>If you buy it as a smart phone you buy it as a status symbol
No I buy a smartphone because it's a computing device. You seem to have us confused with normal people who literally only use their phone for texting, facebook, and phone calls.

>no matter how 'flashy' your android phone might be, people will still think you're poor
Why should I care what people think about my income or net worth?
>>
Buying anything other than a Windows phone is a reactionary act: you are choosing not to buy a Windows phone for some reason (spoken or unspoken): either because you hate Microsoft, or are trying to spend wisley, or harbor philosophical beliefs of what your technology should allow you to do, etc. No one chooses to buy an iPhone or Android or what have you (obviously). There's always some psychological turmoil lurking just beneath the surface of that decision.

But not just at the time of purchase. No! Then you constantly need to bother your friends and family about how imessage is way better than Facebook Messanger (please use it, guys?). Or that customisable widgets are totally worth the, its 2016 nobody ACTUALLY gives a fuck, that's why you bought a phone right? To customize the icons and not be socially ostracized. So cool you guys. You're isolated in a cul-de-sac of your own making, but at least you can pretty it up. Constant, ongoing psychologically-draining drama basically.

Buying an Windows phone, by comparison, has no shadowy subtext. Windows 10 is synthesis, anything else is antithesis.
>>
>>52349340
Nobody likes poor people.
>>
>>52343495
>Buying anything other than an iPhone is a reactionary act:
I did not buy my iPhone, I stole it
from a white stupid bitch like you.
Poned!

>you are choosing not to buy an iPhone for some reason (spoken or unspoken):
I am choosing NOT to buy an iPhone because, ( spoken ),
Ill just rip my next one off another stupid fucking whitey.

>either because you hate Apple, or are trying to save money, or
and I guess you like to waste money on crap technology,
and you love Apple that allows you to waste VAST amnounts on money,
on crappy 'Technology'

>harbor philosophical beliefs of what your technology should allow you to do, etc.
Its not Philosopical: Fucking Apple Maps sucks, vs Google maps on Andriod.
Clearly the superior and cheaper technology!

>No one chooses to buy an Android or what have you (obviously).
Everyone chooses to fucking blow Apple fanbois, and waste
they time and money on shitty technology hardware, AND software.

>There's always some psychological turmoil lurking just beneath the surface of that decision.
No turmoil. Nothing beneith the surfaace:
You are a shill hawking inferior technology for a greater amount of money,
by the same token, you should waste your hard earned shill shekles on
a top of the line Andriod phone, just to get your sphincter hard.
>>
>>52349479
>either because you hate Microsoft,

It feels so good saying that. I hate Microsoft. I fucking hate Microsoft. It makes me so happy to say that.
>>
>caring what people think
>relying on a phone when you most likely still have a phone
>not realizing people are more likely to judge you by your body language, gait, career, how you walk then a device that constantly seems to be obselete since a new once is released so often
Nigga what?
>>
This is pasta
>>
>>52343601
>audio clarity,
retard detected

>>52343495
i don't buy iphone because i use root access on my phone on a daily basis
>>
>>52350006
OH REALLY
>>
Android always FTW
>>
>>52349548
Are you even trying?
>>
>>52345446
>bear hands
>>
>>52343495
I don't like smartphones in general. Battery life is too shit to make good use of the hardware and a lot of apps.
>>
>>52344066
>>52344084
>>52344678
>samefagging this hard
>>
>responding to copypasta
>>
File: 1452452492890.jpg (183KB, 918x739px) Image search: [Google]
1452452492890.jpg
183KB, 918x739px
Bought an S4 back then because I liked it more than the 5S
Still using it, imo it's as good as a phone needs to be. It's not even lagging yet, which was quite surprising
>>
>>52343495
Goodness gracious. You've got issues, kid.
>>
>>52343495

Does it hurt when you use your iphone shill+ as a dildo? You complete and utter faggot.
>>
>>52344631
>1 + 1 has better performance than the iPhone

no, it doesn't.
>>
>>52351954
>touchwizz
>>
>>52343601
>audio clarity
nice meme. there is no higher audio clarity than an analog signal being sent over a decent cable. every other digital "solution" these companies have thought of is fucking shit for audio.

>replying to a shill thread
>>
>>52344678
> it is Jealousy

confirmed for maximum autismo

nobody capitalizes common nouns

unless they have Autism

:^)
>>
File: hehehehebait.png (75KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
hehehehebait.png
75KB, 625x626px
>>52349921

> responding to bait with bait
>>
>>52343601
> an analogue medium is beast represented by a digital system

Ladies and gentlemen, applefags.
Thread posts: 203
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.