[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

starting (real) programming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 8QF7Taa.jpg (48KB, 499x488px) Image search: [Google]
8QF7Taa.jpg
48KB, 499x488px
Only really learned programming for tasks (sometimes self-chosen) and it was fun and stuff, but I never properly learned it. I know quite a bit about all those concepts through many failed attempts. But I never was able to produce something. So /g/, what's a good future-proof programming language to learn?
>>
>>52237944
if you want something decently easy to learn that is going to be used for a good time into the future, I'd recommend C++. The newer standards really have cleaned up the language, and it sure as hell isn't going away anytime soon.
>>
python
>>
All the ones that are most popular right now. Java, Python, C, C++, C# are the big five for general purpose at the moment.

Javascipt for web bullshit if you hate yourself, PHP for more web bullshit if you hate yourself and want to die, Ruby if you like feeling superior to others for using a slow, shitty language, one of the functional languages if you never want a job.
>>
>>52237944
>>52238063
Oh yeah, and Objective-C or Swift if you have a hardon for apple, fuck those languages too though.
>>
>>52238063
> C#

that one has pretty shitty Linux support, right?
>>
any opinions about D?
>>
languages don't matter, paradigms and thought processes matter

teach yourself to think like a programmer, and learn OOP, functional, etc
>>
>>52238106
No, c# runs just fine on Linux.
.Net core is just shitty pre-beta microsoft-production-ready shit and Microsoft can't comprehend x-plat to save the company.
>>
File: gobooks.jpg (152KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
gobooks.jpg
152KB, 768x1024px
>>52237944
Go
>>
>>52238106
Not as good as Windows, that's for sure. Still extremely common in industry due to the ridiculous number of companies completely locked into the Microsoft ecosystem.

If you're worried about it, just learn Java first, the two languages are incredibly similar to learn.
>>
>>52237944
You agonize over which language to learn first, how to do it and what to do afterwards.

You don't realize that it's as retarded as an aspiring chef endlessly poring over cookbooks to find the best starter recipe to get their career off to a good start.

"What if people don't eat pizza in the future?! Who has even heard of coconut soup? Noooo I must choose correctly!!! What's the job market for roasted carrot chefs anyways?!"

The 20 minutes you've wasted on this thread so far would have been so much better spent on the first shitty tutorial you could dig up on google.
>>
>>52238210
This. Just pick a language you sperg. It isn't like you're going to be making anything useful in the beginning.
>>
>>52238160
Jesus christ if it takes you eight books to figure out Rob Pike's year zero Khmer Rouge version of C just give up.
>>
>>52237944

What were you trying to produce?
>>
>>52238584
At least you where on point with the OP's image.
Not the other other anon.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.