[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many Apple products do you own /g/? Have you regretted any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 22

File: 1.png (263KB, 593x518px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
263KB, 593x518px
How many Apple products do you own /g/?

Have you regretted any Apple purchases?

I'll start:

>1st gen iPod Nano
>1st gen iPod Touch
>iPhone 4
heavy regret when I updated to iOS 7 and 8
>iPhone 5S
masterrace device. Perfect size and lagless.
>2011 Macbook Pro
Still works like a charm. Especially after Yo,semite clean install.
>iPad Air 2
perfection
>2014 Macbook Pro
My next purchase


>>
iPhone 4S. Buying a macbook air
>>
Fuckin trap threads are now invading /g/
>>
>>45722310
None, because I spend my money wisely.
>>
>>45722334
Some of us aren't poor
>>
I only own a 5 gen 60gb ipod video. 7 years and still going strongs, absolutely no regrets.

Ive also owned various ipod touches and an iphone, which were good enough before android ICS came out and after that I threw them where they belong: the trash
>>
>>45722310
>Openly admitting to owning Asspull products
>Not dead
/g/, fix this.
>>
>>45722376
Most of /g/ isn't poor. But a number of people here gloat about their ownership of various devices, when in reality they're poor uni students knee-deep in college loans and would rather get the newest devices than think wisely about how their decisions will impact them.
>>
>>45722332
You must be gnu here.
>>
>>45722310
Nexus 5 motherfucker
>apple sucks huge black cock
>>
>>45722310
Just a 2014 rMBP, it's alright
>>
iPhone 6+ and MacBook pro

bretty good
>>
>>45722310
>How many Apple products do you own /g/?
>Have you regretted any Apple purchases?
No and I don't plan on ever regretting such a purchase either.
>>
>>45722426
You must be new here. Back in 2011 and 2012, Mac threads were practically unheard of.
>>
iPad and a rMPB. I had an iPhone once but I didn't like it.
>>
ipod touch 1st generation

don't regret it, played music for me for a while, it still works but I don't use it any more. will probably never buy another apple product.
>>
3GS - worked well for the 4 years I had it and basically got killed off by applel software updates

iPad air 32GB - was a gift, has been mostly useless aside from music, pdf reading and internet browsing. Would not buy otherwise. Has fulfilled the basic tasks I use it for very well, if buying overpriced technology is no object to you

MacBok Pro 15" 2014 - Purchased about a month ago after my chinkpad died. Don't agree with apple business model but a comparative spec windoze laptop ends up either looking like a concrete brick with a 2 hour battery life or suffering from several other significant flaws/being a plastic piece of shit.. I don't like the price or the keyboard on the rMBP, but aside from that, happy so far with the OS and everything else. Go figure.
>>
>>45722310
iPod Classic 120GB. Never regretted it, especially now that I rockboxed it.
>>
>>45722376
but you have the attitude of a poor person
>>
>>45722310
IPad 1st gen = almost usless now , but I only paid 200 bones for it when the iPad 2 came out, medium regret lol
MacBook Air late 2013 model =pretty fast and powerful can even handle decent games, but my girlfriend can barley figure out how to use it lol, minimal regret
>>
just an imac g3 i saved from the trash
>>
>>45722310

Currently have:
iMac 27" (Late 2012)
MacBook Air 13" (Late 2013)
iPhone 6 Plus (64 GB)
AirPort Extreme

Previously owned:
iMac 27" (Late 2009)
iMac 24" (Early 2008)
iPhone 5s (64 GB)
iPhone 5 (32 GB)
iPhone 4s (32 GB)
iPhone 4 (16 GB)
iPhone 3GS (16 GB)
iPhone 3G (8 GB)

>ask me anything
>>
Don't have anything Apple at my house, but my gf has a mid 2010 Macbook (non-pro) and it still works great, especially after I put in the 4GB RAM I swapped out of my own (just as old, also well-working) Acer laptop. Great little laptop, OSX is smooth and the touchpad is godly.

Also her iPhone 4S is getting old and is starting to become laggy. Still, I've got to hand it to Apple for having intuitive devices. Won't buy them though, I'm kinda embedded into the MS ecosystem now and I like the Metro interface.
>>
>>45722310

Only Apple shit I own is some iPod nano i got for free
>>
1st gen ipod shuffle
2nd gen ipod shuffle
2nd gen ipod touch
iPhone 4
iPhone 5
1st gen iPad
2nd gen iPad mini
Last gen apple tv

Only regret: not buying 3rd party cables from the start.
And not knowing you get cables replaced in the apple store.
>>
>>45722722

Don't buy other cables man.
I have too many friends that have damaged their devices as a direct result.
Also they tend to wear out faster so you have to get new ones, so you end up paying the same amount in the long run anyway.
Unless you damage your device that is.
>>
I own a single 2009 Macbook Pro which now has a dying hard disk controller. It also has a non-working disk drive and whenever it is on, I can hear what I can only assume to be the fan blaring extremely loudly. It reached this state after only 2 years of use.

Needless to say I cannot trust the quality of Apple's hardware. OS X is nice, but not nice enough to justify using a Macbook of any sort. Thinkpads are far more reliable, even the new ones.
>>
>2010 iPod touch
>2013 rMBP
IPod still works fine aside from the broken home button and my macbook is the best laptop I've ever owned.
>>
File: eryes.jpg (345KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
eryes.jpg
345KB, 1600x1000px
Anybody who posts into here is retarded. You are the shitstains of /g/. Go back to your techcrunch hipster garbage and stay there.
>>
i have an original colored imac mouse and keyboard
i mean they're not in use, it's just the only appleshit i haven't tossed in the garbage
>>
File: 1416389512531.jpg (97KB, 578x712px) Image search: [Google]
1416389512531.jpg
97KB, 578x712px
>>45722376
Fucking poorfags, man!
>>
>>45722668
Did u tell your parents you are gay yet?
>>
>ipod nano 1st gen
Cool as shit when I put linux on it. The damn thing could play DOOM, but wouldn't play movies on its native firmware.
>80GB classic 5e
Trooper for years. Only replaced by a phone with comparable storage total.
I only regret having to put up with itunes and its bullshit.
>>
>>45722916
Sorry to disappoint but I am not homosex.
You will have to find someone else anon.
>>
>>45722310
none so far however i might end up buying a macbook air 13" if my research for a new laptop doesnt find anything better
>>
>>45723017
Nice comeback.
>>
>>45723017
Damn, and I was sure I've found a safe bet.
You let me down, anon.
>>
The only Apple product I've ever owned is my 2013 Macbook Air. I've had no complaints with it so far. Would I buy Apple again in the future? Maybe or maybe I'll go back to Windows when I need a new laptop again.
>>
>>45722534
/g/ was full of mac shit back in 2010 dont try to look like you're not new
>>
iPod Classic 120 GB.
iPod Touch, 4th gen.
MacBook Air, iPad Air and an Apple TV.

I'll be buying iPhone 6s next year.
>>
>>45723072
They've always been a vocal minority
>>
>iphone 3G
Became too slow to use after iOS upgrade. switched to Android which is superior for phones

>macbook white 07
Just werks. thought the screen died but fixed it with a trick. top case is deteriorating though, bad quality.
>>
2011 macfag here, mine only ever had one problem, and i caused it by messing with internal files, then leaving it uncharged for a week. if they ever did something right, it was the macbook pro 2011.
still lokkng for a pc next though
>>
I've had several iPods, (Nano 3rd/4th gen, Shuffle, Touch), an iPad Air and currently an iPhone. I also use a Mac at work. I'm not an "Applefag" but I appreciate the design, materials, build quality. Have had all other major mobile OS's (Android, BB10, WP) and honestly there's not much difference between them any more, all are more or less copies of iOS. I'm happy with my Windows home PC but will probably end up sticking with iPhone going forward and may get a iPad Mini at some point since they are dead cheap on T-Mobile right now.
>>
>>45723160
>switched to Android which is superior for phones

>switched to a new phone
>It was faster than the old phone
>I have therefore concluded the operating system the new phone was running is faster

You are fucking retarded.
>>
>>45723160
I'll disagree with you there, android is master race for tablets, for phones WP is superior
>>
File: 1357196472299.jpg (38KB, 365x450px)
1357196472299.jpg
38KB, 365x450px
>>45723316
>WP is superior
>>
All I have is a 1999 PowerBook my grandma gave me a few years ago
>>
iBook G4 and 2006 white macbook.
iBooks power adapter died a few months ago and I don't care enough to find a chinese replacement, the macbook still works great, but understandably it's slow for todays standards. Also, 4th gen iPod nano. Decent player for the price but I've had better.
>>
I bought an iPod touch in 2008 which I used as my main music player until maybe 2011.
Now I also own a retina MacBook Pro, which I absolutely love.
>>
>>45722668
>iMac 27" (Late 2012)
>iMac 27" (Late 2009)
>iMac 24" (Early 2008)
How many of them had dust in the screen?
>>
I own one, the iPhone 5s. Perfect size for me, but I don't like how phones keep getting bigger. I might have to go android is the next iPhone is bigger than the 6
>>
File: ip.jpg (311KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ip.jpg
311KB, 1280x720px
>>45723507
introducing the iPhone 7 nano
>>
>>45722376
i can afford most of them, but when i compare specs it's seems like a waste of monies.
owned apple products - 0, ever.
>>
>>45722310
Google and associates make better devices than apple now, and Microsoft and its partners have always made better laptops.

There is currently no reason to buy Apple products.

Who wants my 6th gen iPod nano? I want something that isn't a protected little box of files that I can't fuck with.
>>
>iPod nano, older gen
It played music during my workouts. Eventually replaced it with a smaller and lighter Sansa Clip. Either way I can't complain. Do you even lift bro?

>iPhone 4
I use it as a test device. It's not the master race of phones by any means, but it does what its supposed to do (represent the minimum hardware spec for mobile web development).

>Macbook Air 6,2
Its okay, I wish it had better Linux compatibility so I didn't have to run OS X. The only alternative when I got it was the Lenovo X1 Carbon, and I didn't like the weird keyboard on that. I managed to get it with the employee discount (25%) through a friend, so it was way too good of a deal to pass up.
>>
File: image.jpg (686KB, 1785x2193px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
686KB, 1785x2193px
Just got this yesterday faggots

No pants on :3
>>
File: Disgust.jpg (91KB, 447x444px) Image search: [Google]
Disgust.jpg
91KB, 447x444px
>iPod Nano, got it in like 2009
Stolen from my own home
Won't ever buy another iProduct again
>>
>>45723502
So far, neither of them. These guys are pretty damn well-sealed...
Can't imagine how you would get dust in them.

Did you disassemble yours for upgrades or send it in for repairs or something?
>>
>>45723689

dick pics or gtfo
>>
File: 18 - QZpa8Pt.png (494KB, 570x415px) Image search: [Google]
18 - QZpa8Pt.png
494KB, 570x415px
> ipod nano 4th gen
tiny droplet of water managed to destroy it, regret every penny I spent on it
>ipod touch
wasn't too bad but sold it cause I needed cash at the time
>>
IPod nano 2g got it from lottery
IPod touch 4g from flight mileage (sold)
IPod classic 5g
>>
iPod video 5.5 30GB
Still works. Only bought it because the creative didn't appeal, Archos a piece of shit.
>>
>>45723846
Sfw board gayboy
>>
I've had an iPhone 3GS which lasted me a couple of years, and I'm sure I had a normal iPod at some point, though I can't remember buying one. Maybe I stole it.

No regrets.
>>
>>45722310

None
>>
>>45722310
I had a Powerbook G4 with PPC processor. I bought it like 10 years ago and it's still working. I gave it to my folks to read the news and stuff. It's still in good shape after 10 years.

An older macmini 1,1 which I'm planning to use as a HTPC.

A newer macmini 6,1 from 2012 in excellent shape.

All great investments.
>>
>iPod 4
Played game dev story then ended up a music device. Hated dealing with iTunes. Today it's my alarm clock.
>iPhone 4s
Found it half broken in the road. After fixing it was okay as a free GPS in the car.

Apple products are okay I guess.
>>
Here I thought it was universally recognised on /g/ that apple products were more expensive for inferior specs...
The only thing apple products have going for them is their unique OS and simpler interface, which in my opinion are both downgrades.
Really I don't see the point in someone who actually knows shit about tech to even bother buying one.
>>
iPod Touch 3g. First and last purchase.
>>
>Had an iPod touch 4th gen, jail broken on iOS 5.1
>Had iPhone 4, downgraded back to iOS 6.1.2, jailbroke and installed siri port, but stolen

Currently own/ going to get

>iPhone 5, on ios 7.1.1, jailbroken

Going to get a 2010 white macbook
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>45724116
>muh specs
>I have no clue what I'm talking about

My 6+ cpu kicks any Qualcomm shit in the ass single core wise, the camera is top rated on DXOmark, the battery life is crazy good, the screen is high quality and well calibrated (display mate calls it the best LCD on a phone), the only down point is 1gb of RAM. That's really it.

I was shaking like a motherfucker and look at this. I love OIS.
>>
>>45724173

Funny how you have to add a qualifier to every thing say to justify your purchase. kicks any qualcomm shit "single core" wise? <x> component is top rated by <insert obscure cherry picked website>...

Apple fanboys wouldn't bother me so much if they just admitted they bought the device for status symbol or possibly personal preference for the design, and not feel the need to constantly shill for Apple.
>>
>>45724173
Name 1 apple product which isn't nearly bottom-line quality in comparison to its competitors for the price.
>inb4 iOS and Mac OS are better than Android and Windows
>>
iPod Shuffle 1st gen
iPod (video) 5th gen
iPhone 4
iPhone 5
Slightly regret that I can't change the battery. This is my third iPhone 5 now. One had a camera defect, the other one didn't respond to pressing the sleep button. This one also has a shitty camera with dark spots and sometimes freezes with magenta artefacts.
Mac mini (2006)
Mac mini (2009)
I recently bought the first PC in 15 years or so.
>>
Oh great a shilling thread
>>
How many Apple products do you own /g/?

>iPod touch 2g
Years ahead every other mp3 player at the time. Made me consider apple as a promising brand.
>iPod touch 4g
Needing another MP3 player, better than the 2G; this confirmed my impressions.
>iPhone 4s
Never really used another touchscreen "smart" phone before, always hated these samsung pre-iPhone half pieces of shit. 4s changed everything, it was just so good.
>iMac 2011
After a month, looking back to my 20 years of windows, it made me realize how much Microsoft must hate their customers for giving to the world such shitty systems. They want their customers to suffer, but their customers never tried anything better for more than half an hour so they believe they're experiencing the best you can get.
>another iPod 4g
Needed a music player full of music.
>iPad air
Really comfy, but gave it to my mom
>MacBook Pro 2013
Didn't know a laptop could be so good
>various accessories, headphones, keyboard, Magic Mouse, trackpad and so on
>probably gonna buy an iPhone 6

Kek
No
>>
Lets see

>1st gen ipod touch.
got it as a gift and already had a music player that way better. thing was slower than my PSP for browsing the web, almost unusable. No app store or any interesting software so never used it

>1st gen ipod nano
Another gift. installed some custom firmware, forgot what it was called, just to show kids at school I could play doom on my ipod nano. Never really used beyond that.

>1st gen ipod
Gift. Sold it on Craigslist for $500 unopened.

>15'' rMbp
given to me by my work as a "travel laptop," but I already expensed a laptop I purchased on mine own. Its just sitting under my desk in its box. I was going to at least try it out but it only has mini display ports and didn't feel like ordering a bunch of $30 adaptors just to use something we already sunk $2500 into.

oh yah, can't forget:
>countless itunes giftcards
>gee thanks... into the trash they go
>>
>>45722376
>$1700 computer
>3 monitors, custom keyboard collection, audiophile equipment
>poor

You sound like the poor fag gloating about sub-$1k devices.
>>
>>45723556
I kek'd.
>>
I owned a 60gb iPod back in like.. 2004. Screen suddenly had a shit ton of dead pixels. I wish I spent it on some cheap laptop and learned programming instead.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>45724235
I'm not a fanboy. I'm actually trying to get a hold of either a note 4 or nexus6 ( haven't decided yet, leaning towards note 4) to try during my 6+ return period to see which I like better. I am just tired of idiots saying that iPhones have bad specs. They don't.

>>45724258
I don't use Apple OSX devices but, I would say MacBook Pro, the 5k iMac and iPhones. On ATT the 32 gb note 4 and 64 gb 6+ are extremely close in pricing, and they are very comparable devices.
>>
>>45722310
i play video games so i never touch those apple pieces of shit. the only apple thing i ever owned was an ipod mini. what a shitty company. what is that best things those pieces of shit can do . browse the internet ?
>>
>>45724386
oops. i mean third one was a first gen ipad.
>>
File: 1417695843161.jpg (77KB, 654x677px) Image search: [Google]
1417695843161.jpg
77KB, 654x677px
Got MacBook Pro 2014, it's a nice laptop.

Got iPhone 6, that's a regret purchase.

> oh I'll get some music on this phone
> transfer some mp3s over air drop
> I have no idea where those files went
> they don't show up in Music app
> I can't see file system
> I can't find an app that would show me the file system
> I can't find any alternative app to play music with
> I can't find any torrent clients
> inb4 someone tells me an overly convoluted way to get play music on iphone or tells me to root it

Thanks Apple, you fascists. Also iPhone UI is worthless piece of shit because device has no buttons, so you do everything with touch screen and things are far from obvious. I've spent an hour trying to add a second mail account to mail app, before looking online how to do it. Basically nearly everything on iOS requires googling a solution.
>>
>>45724499
>in iTunes, drag your desired file(s) over to your phone and hit Sync
>that's it
>>
>>45724434
I can't tell if you are from /v/ or 9gag.
>>
>>45724561
what if I don't want to use jewtunes?
>>
>>45724499
AHAHAHA OH GOD
how can you be THIS retarded? Even my fucking grandma learned how to use iOS in like a week. Jesus Christ please be an half failed bait.

>>45724603
Don't buy an iphone. Or jailbreaking it.
>>
Macintosh SE

Bout it...
>>
>>45724499
If you don't know how to use an iPhone, it's best you stay away from technology altogether.
>>
>>45722310
Exactly zero.
Can't say I have.
>>
>>45724603
Then you got the wrong fucking phone.

But alternatively you could use Spotify offline lists to sync your music over to Spotify on your iPhone.
Or Dropbox or something.
There are solutions but using iTunes is definitely the cleanest.
>>
IPod video 30g rockbox. Sold it, but bro said it's still going strong on replacement battery.
Nothing else 'cause iTunes is still a piece of shit
>>
File: 1414870398696.png (49KB, 599x353px) Image search: [Google]
1414870398696.png
49KB, 599x353px
>>45724691
So basically adding music to iphone always involves having a full computer around, unless it's another music service like Spotify? That's retarded. With android device I can plug in mem card and just open the folder.

> Even my fucking grandma learned how to use iOS in like a week.

As far as second mail address goes, the mail app has a screen that lists mail accounts. But you cannot add an account there for some fucking reason, because that would be too logical, you need to add a mail account in the settings app. How is that fucking obvious? Yeah I'm sure your grandma figured that one out like right away.

iPhone is just too tightly restricted.
>>
File: ipodnano7g_0-100007990-gallery.jpg (34KB, 580x388px) Image search: [Google]
ipodnano7g_0-100007990-gallery.jpg
34KB, 580x388px
I have one of these only.

I can't say I regret it completely but looking back I could probably get better alternatives for less. Still it hasn't gave me any problems so I'm happy.
>>
>>45724775
She figured out because she's not totally retarded.
Also she can use google.
>>
File: 7.jpg (84KB, 465x620px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
84KB, 465x620px
>>45723556
Also introducing: iPhone 7 plus
>>
>>45722310
>>45722310
Currently:
-rMBP 2014 512/16/2.5 i7
-iPhone 4s (need to upgrade soon)
I regret not buying an iPod Classic before they became stupidly expensive.
>next purchase
iPad
>>
File: 1312231590293.jpg (374KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1312231590293.jpg
374KB, 1280x1024px
>>45724934
Well if you see nothing wrong with UX like that, then I really can't help with your advanced retardation.
>>
>>45724775

Some months ago I downloaded a full album from the web, put it on the music app with also the right pic, all without touching a pc.
Don't remember how, didn't know how to do it so I searched on google. Took me like 10 minutes.
Instead, you have gone full autist because a system you never used isn't so intuitive you can master it in 5 minutes.

Good luck with your life
>>
Gen 3 IPod classic 30gb, still going strong
>>
File: 0.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>45724936
and the mandatory response by HTC
>>
Two ipods, an iPhone and an itouch. I regret nothing. They've been a good learning experience.
>>
>>45724991

Well if you see nothing wrong with crying on the internet because you can't do shit instead of learning how to do it in 3 minutes, then I really can't help with your advanced retardation.
>>
>>45722310
I got the nano and the iPod Touch when those came out and I did get an iMac when I didn't know any better. That's about it, take it from a previous Apple user, Apple is the worst. Just about the only thing going for it is the use of Unix.
>>
only apple product I have is a ipod I found on the sidewalk
>>
>>45724991
>things that aren't exactly like I want them to be are fucking retarded!
>if you don't agree YOU are fucking retarded!

Guess who's the actual retard
>>
>>45724994
See the issue here is that they claim that it is so intuitive. But it isn't. It's far less intuitive that Android.
>>
Snowy Ibook G3.
Ibook G4.
Powerbook Pismo G3.
Aluminum macbook late 08.
Early 08 Macbook Pro.
First gen ipod touch 8gb
>>
>>45722310
>masterrace device. Perfect size and lagless.
>2011 Macbook Pro

until the nvidea shit pile they put in it destroys its self.
>>
15" Macbook Pro from 2009. Still on Snow Leopard. I want to keep it alive as long as possible. OS X has gone to shit since then.
>>
>>45725123
oh and prices were as follows.
>free
>free
>free
>700 bucks
>free
>free
>>
>>45725084
It is. A normalfag who never used tech in his life can easily figure out how to use it. He can also learn how to use android, but not that easily.
If you can't learn iOS and don't find it easy and intuitive as shit, then you shouldn't even be on the internet at all.
>>
>>45725143
OS X seriously doesn't feel like it's evolved much from Lion.
>>
>>45722420
This is the realest post I've ever seen on /g/
>>
>>45725143
>keep it alive as long as possible.
take care of it, keep it cool and it will. God, will it.
I have the 08 macbook the fucker still has its original HDD. I dont know how its still going.
I bet now that I have said that it will crap out in a month.
>>
>>45725169
I look at anything after lion as shit they have fixed. Lion was the buggiest OS. I wish they would stop adding features like social media and crap and just improve the OS's performance.
>>
>>45725199
I have the white 08 macbook and the only thing that's failed is the battery.
I should've stayed on snow leopard though, it runs like a snail on lion.
>>
>>45725226
go back. I havednt left snow leopard on my 08. I like it too much, im too "Comfortable" using it.
>>
>>45725226
Those have the intel graphics. There is your problem.
>>
>>45725305
I actually like the way lion's mission control combined expose and spaces into a unified view, but you're right it's not really worth the awful performance.

>>45725354
I was pissed when I realized my friend's even older macbook with a different video chip ran without any choppiness or stutter.
>>
just a 13 inch macbook pro for dat battery life

otherwise i use muh windows machine
>>
>>45725402
what one do they have?
I cant imagine it being much better
>>
>>45725123
collector/10
>>
Only got a 3GS, still works pretty well.
>>
>1st gen iPod nano 2GB
was alright. 2GB wasn't very much even back then, sold.
>1st gen iPod touch 16GB
pretty nice, relatively high resale value, no complaints, sold.
>7th gen iPod Classic 160GB
last PMP I will need in the foreseeable future. tons of space, decent audio quality, looks nice, battery is strong. Would buy again.

>late 2009 Macbook Pro 13"
slow/10. I didn't pay for it so I'm not complaining, but I wouldn't recommend it.

I also bought a used apple keyboard for my PC, which I am very happy with.

Except for the iPod classic, I think each one of those could have been substituted for something better for less.
>>
File: Yuss.png (92KB, 659x609px) Image search: [Google]
Yuss.png
92KB, 659x609px
>>45722310
I currently own
>iPhone 6
>iPad Air 2
and am thinking about getting
>13 in Macbook Pro w/ Retina Display

I love continuity/hand-off.
>>
>>45722310
>>iPad Air 2
>perfection

I have one, too, OP. Have you experienced any frequent/infrequent speaker pops? Mine does it every now and again and I'm thinking of getting it replaced.
>>
Have not owned a mac in years.

After installing bootcamp back in '06 (I think) and running windows almost exclusively for everything, I eventually just sold all my mac shit and got a cheapo laptop. Still using it, as a matter of fact.

Zero regrets.
>>
>>45722310
I have an iPhone 5c that I'm forced to use for work. It's terrible. I don't want any other Apple products.
>>
>>45725515
>that back wall of powermacs
Very much want.
>>
>>45725481
it was a model from either early 2008 or maybe late 07. whichever shipped with tiger.
Whatever intel chip my particular mid 08 white macbook has is apparently notoriously bad. Even leopard gave me choppy framerates just using expose.
>>
>iPod touch 2g
It was very good and did everything I needed on it. Plus the jail-breaking scene was fun in 2010-2011 (Jesus christ, it's almost been four years). However, it got stolen during the 10th grade.

>iPod touch 4g
Bought this to replace the stolen 2g. Was very impressed, the battery life was all day long and spent many hours playing music, browsing, and jailbreaking things. Screen was also top notch. However, I dropped on the ground and the screen got rekt so I gave it to my dad.

Did I regret my purchases?

No, I didn't. For the time, my iPods performed beautifully and shrekt all of the Androids back then.

Now, however, I have a Note II and will never buy an Apple product again due to the fact that it doesn't need to be jailbroken to do simple shit. I'm thinking of rooting it soon.
>>
Own an iPod 5.5G 30GB with no audio output on headphone jack that I got really cheap off eBay, use with via USB connected to my car stereo to play music.

Owned a couple other iPods before that, Videos, Shuffles, and Nanos. Always thought they were pretty nice devices, although never got into iTunes and the whole Apple ecosystem, just used other software transfer my mp3s to them.

Never owned an iPhone, Macbook, or any other Apple devices.

I'd probably consider a MacBook with high res display if I was ever looking to replace my current laptop, but other than that not really any Apple products I currently have much interest in.
>>
>>45725766
last one with tiger was a mid 07 it would have a 2 or a 2.16 ghz core 2 duo and a GMA 950

Yours would be a Penryn 2.1 C2D and a GMA X3100.

Yours should technically be better.
>>
>>45725838
Technically is the key word here.
From what I remember researching it ended up being a driver issue. Apple just never gave enough of a shit to support it and fix the initial problems with it.
>>
>>45725885
shits gay.
>>
>iMac G3
I remember disliking the mouse and not being able to install Office on it.
>iPod Nano 2nd gen
No regrets, that thing lasted me about six years before I outgrew the 2GB of storage. Loved the wheel and UI.
>iPod Nano unknown gen, the square one
Didn't like the gimmicky design or the UI, but I couldn't fault it apart from that.
>iPod Touch 4th gen
Can't complain, screen cracked the day after the warranty ended.
>iPhone 3GS
Second hand. Used it for about three weeks before I misplaced it. Found it ages later in my bike's under-seat pouch.

After that I switched to Android and haven't looked back.
>>
File: apple-iphone-6-plus-1.jpg (72KB, 487x556px) Image search: [Google]
apple-iphone-6-plus-1.jpg
72KB, 487x556px
>>45722310

This seems like a good thread to ask in

What's a good waterproof and submersible case for the iPhone 6 Plus?

Lifeproof hasn't released theirs yet.
>>
I've only owned one. A 1st generation green iPod Mini that I got for Christmas probably 10 years ago.

I loved it, I believe its still somewhere here in the house as well.
>>
>>45726055
imac g3
those had pucks. holy shit what were they thinking.
>>
>>45726092
Are you on a boat or something?
>>
>>45726198

I live near water, and I like the submersible ability.
>>
I used to be all android and windows.

When android went "holo" I bought an ipad and and iphone. Last year I bought an MBA.

I love my Apple stuff, its great. Dunno what the big deal is.
>>
>>45726198
>guy asks for tech suggestion
>you ask why

What the fuck does it matter why?
>>
just upgraded my mid 2010 macbook pro to 8gb of ram and a 500gb ssd, feels new
>>
13" MacBook Pro Retina
12" PowerBook G4
14" iBook Dual USB
15" PowerBook G4 Titanium
14" PowerBook G3 Wallstreet
12" PowerBook 1400cs

iPod Touch 5
>>
>>45722310
>3rd gen ipod touch, was great, I'd use it if I could find the damn cable
>2010 macbook pro, typing on it now
NO RAGRETS
>>
I have owned:
>2011 13" MBP
>2. gen iPod nano
>2. gen iPod touch
>3. gen iPad
Sold them all at some point.

Currently own:
>13" rMBP
>iPhone 5
>iPad mini retina (second gen, bought when the newest iPads were released and these were available for cheaper prices. quite a great device.)
>like 4. gen iPod nano, not in any actual use though
>also some small accessories and such

I never regretted any in particular, but I suppose the iPod nanos weren't particularly good purchases ever. Enjoyed using both though.
Also I bought the iPhone a bit late to the game, I wouldn't have had to wait too long to get 5s instead, but no "real" regret here either (my previous phone, a HTC, broke, so I "had" to get a new one).

>>45724116
Knowing about tech is not the same as wanting to fuck around with it, though. I might be pursuing a career in a related field, I might be relatively knowledgeable about "IT", but that doesn't mean I want to customize my phone/tablet OS or anything. OS X, in turn, isn't really particularly locked.

>>45724499
>buying a high end smartphone without looking into it beforehand
You deserve the regret.
>>
File: 1369322659767.png (23KB, 787x591px) Image search: [Google]
1369322659767.png
23KB, 787x591px
>>45726354
>12" PowerBook G4
>15" PowerBook G4 Titanium
>12" PowerBook 1400cs (arent these shit?)

mega jelly still though.
>>
>>45726538
Actually though, to be less shill-like, I'll mention some of the accessories I've bought:
>1 USB cable for the iPods and early iPad
>2 chargers for MacBooks
>and also an extra cable for the newer iPhone/iPad

And these were because the chargers and cables keep breaking apart if you don't treat them really gentle.
My number 1 complaint about Apple: their cables. They really should get their shit together and start making ones that last.
>>
>>45726544

I still have my 15" PowerPC PowerbookG4, running Snow Leopard.

It has the 1440x900 screen, and the most powerful Nvidia chip offered at the time. It was a beast.

>tfw last notebook before Apple converted to Intel
>>
>>45726544
>12" PowerBook 1400cs (arent these shit?)
Yeah, it has a Passive matrix display and it only came with a floppy drive so I can't reinstall the damn OS. It's also uses shitty plastics, you can hear that the hinges are about to snap just from opening the damn laptop.
>>
>1st gen iPod shuffle
>1st gen iPod nano
>iMac 17" 2006 (sold for mbp)
>MacBook Pro 15" 2007
>2nd gen iPod touch
>iMac 24" 2008
>iPhone 3GS
>MacBook Pro 15" 2010
>1st gen iPad
>iPhone 4S
>iPhone 5S
>iPad Air
>iPhone 6+
next >MBP 15" 2015
>>
during my early years of poker i balled so hard that i collected enough frequent player points to order a ps3 and an ipod touch 1st generation. i was 18 back then and didmt even know what an ipod touch does. i was pretty excited once i helt it in my hands and played around with it. amd i dodmt evn ppay amything for it either. i mostly usef it as an alarm clock and as a music player. later on i used it to browse 4chan in bed. last year i replaced the battery after 5 years of use. i bought a huawei y300 couple of months ago and dont need the ipod anymore ever since but it served well. i would never pay for an apple product
>>
>>45726633
nice pasta
>>
>>45726597
>Snow Leopard
i think you mean Leopard.

Nice though. I really want a 17" powerbook G4. Just for the giggles.
>>
>>45726620
tfw ipod sent you on a spiral of applefagness
>>
>1st gen iPod
>1st gen iPod touch
>whatever those white Macbooks were, the last gen
>iPhone 5c
>late '13 MBP
>latest gen shuffle

Never exclusively use products with OSX and iOS until recently, before mavericks and iOS 7 there was a lot lacking IMO...
>>
>>45726648

Ah yeah, you're probably right. It had Tiger originally, I upgraded it to Leopard.

I have it on my nightstand to this day as my iPhone charger, ha
>>
>>45726620
>MacBook Pro 15" 2007
>MacBook Pro 15" 2010

shiet, id still be using the 07 probably. What made you upgrade?
>>
>>45726684
Logicboard was faulty, so apple replaced it with the 2010 model.
>>
>>45726710
holy fucking shit.
>>
>>45726645
typed it on my phone. i hate typing on my phone
>>
>>45726710

Mine went faulty too, put lines all in the screen, but I just got a new board from Apple.

I actually had quite a few issues with that Powerbook G4, but Applecare took care of them
>>
>>45726721
Yeah, it was apparently relatively common with my model, they said it would cost about the same as a brand new one to repair and asked which I'd prefer.
>>
>>45726742
I read this kind of thing happens on occasion. Shits nice.
>>
I regret my 2012 mbpr 15". It got dead pixels within months, brand new out of the factory sealed box. It's a great laptop but when the screen was supposed to be the main selling point and then it craps on you, it's hard not to be a little bitter.
>>
120GB iPod Classic... 6G I think. Plays my AAC and my low quality DVD rips, and can be an ext HDD if I so please. Bought new around 2009 and only regret is that the 160 replaced it at the same price very soon after
>>
File: 20141221_164257.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20141221_164257.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
iPod nano 4th gen (I think) got it for $40, great little mp3 player for when I was in college. had a little fmtransmitter that plugged into it and was perfect for my car. iTunes is the devil though, now I have a note 3 and Spotify, fuck anything apple.

my boyfriend has a macbook pro he bought for $1800 in 2012 and he hates me cuz I laugh at him every time I see him use it. (basically spent $1800 to go on Facebook, with an aluminum paper weight) and the month after his warranty ran out he starts having problems with the the magnet charger thing, won't turn on, etc. lol apples are for sheep, fucking sheep.
>>
>>45722605
Vwestlife?
>>
>>45726884
He has a shit load of macs.
>>
>>45726864
>spotify
pretty ironic to call anyone else a sheep m8 lol
>>
None.
>>
>iPad Air
I got it for free
>>
>>45726943
Its genuinely a great service though. Seriously, it isn't too costly and its convenient as hell.

DRM and whatever might exist, but its not like Spotify ever claims to sell you files or music. You get the right to stream and that is it.
>>
>>45726799
>within months
You went and got it replaced?
>>
>>45726864
This is how delusional apple haters are.
>>
>>45722426
my sides
>>
Currently own:
>1st gen iPod Touch
>4th gen iPod Touch
>iPhone 6

Previously owned:
>2nd gen iPod Nano
>2nd gen iPod Touch
>another 4th gen iPod Touch
>>
>>45722595
>getting a kick out of your own post
>>
One.

An iPod Touch I got for free. Runs iOS 6.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (137KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
137KB, 1280x1024px
wat does it mean
>>
>>45726943
student discount - $5 /mo. everything is sorted, album artwork there, unlimited radio and saving to all devices, I listen to a shit ton of music, downloading everything would be a waste of time
>>
4th gen iPod Touch is all I've got. I have awesome memories of it. Before I had a smartphone it was my favorite piece of technology in the world. I looked up stuff on it, watched YouTube videos, listened to music. I live on it. Now it's useless because it can't even use a newer version of iOS anymore, and some apps require a newer version of iOS. I have it jailbroken on the last version it could use.
Thread posts: 186
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.