[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /g/ have any experience on web development? I made a simple

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

File: 1389462607454.jpg (16KB, 319x365px) Image search: [Google]
1389462607454.jpg
16KB, 319x365px
Does /g/ have any experience on web development?
I made a simple web application, something really simple with chats. The question is:

How do I get users on my website? Do I have to spam it?
>>
>>45647636
I don't get that picture. You don't know how to chalk up a cue?
>>
>>45648214
its magic chalk, right?
>>
>>45648214
People put it on without knowing what it does
>>
>>45648241

You can instantly feel the difference in public cues if you don't use chalk
>>
>>45648298
Pretty much which is why I asked. If you've ever felt your cue slip on a ball you'll know why. And I just play for shits 'n giggles
>>
>>45648340
>>45648298
>>45648241
OP would appreciate some help.
Thank you.
>>
>>45647636
post it here
what is it about
>>
>>45648385
Then OP shouldn't post stupid pictures. I get the context but I've never met someone who doesn't know the purpose of chalk even if they only play in pubs/for fun.
>>
I have web dev experience but how would I know how to get people on a site?

Thats not my job I don't care about that shit
>>
>>45648412
My bad then, sorry.
>>
>>45648499
It's okay OP. I still love you.
>>
>>45648720
Do you have any clue on how I could get my website used?
I can't think of any way...
>>
>>45648412
>I've never met someone who doesn't know the purpose of chalk
that's bullshit and you know it.
>>
post a link you stupid faggot
>>
Don't spam man, it will get you nothing but bad rep. You should give it a feature that makes people want to use it. Maybe like anonymous chatting in randomly generated chat rooms that people can enter if only given the link .
>>
>>45648849
The name kinda suck, and it's a really simple application to create chats, but since it's my first application I feel like I must give it a chance.

http://www.potalk.org/index.php
>>
>>45648880
>.php
nope
>>
>>45648890
Why not? To do such simple tasks I don't see the need for something like Rails.
>>
>>45648880
>http://www.potalk.org/index.php
best page ever
I created a chat about the bes subject in the world, la pirula
>>
>>45648817
Try sharing it and using it with friends. Best I can think of but still a shitty idea unless you have a lot of cool friends
>>
>>45648848
Dude. Why does a gymnast chalk up his hands? Similar concept. I don't see how you can't do some simple reasoning in your head to figure out the purpose. If you shoot semi-regularly you will feel the difference after just doing what everyone else is and figure it out. I seriously have not met someone who went: dude what is this stuff for. Unless you're like 10 and haven't played pool before.
>>
>>45648412
that's a lie
>>
>>45647636
Marketing has nothing to do with web development.
>>
>>45647636
Thank you anon that did the ' or 1'='1, going to fix that.
>>
>add a prefix so that oders can identify you
wtf is an oder, that's in the faq
>>
>>45649434
Fixed that, thank you anon.
>>
>>45647636
Well, I'm going to tell you what I did but probably this isn't the best.

I make random games and applications for android and put ads on top of them when I finish to then publish them in the appstore.
I don't do this full time, I have fun with this like any other entertainment activity and the ads are just in case I one day get lucky and start making flappy bird amounts of money with a random retarded app that took less than 24 hours to make.

To advertise it I wrote a simple program in C++ that basically spams links to the google play profiles of my apps to the random omegle user that gets connected to my computer and then disconnects to go look for another victim.

It does this infinitely, I usually have it run when I go to sleep.

This has gotten me some downloads and people don't seem to be angry about it because I've gotten reviews from people that say they enjoyed it so the fact that it was spam didn't get them angry.

>mfw now everyone /g/ will do this.
>mfw omegle will get flooded with this shit
>mfw omegle finds a way to stop everyone and of course, me.
>>
>>45649342
Who the fuck are you guys playing pool with?

See >>45649284
>>
>>45649519
This is terrible and you should be ashamed of yourself.
>>
potalk down!
>>
>>45649537
No one is hurt.
No harm no fault m80.
>>
>>45649545
I rebooted, I was going to check if the database changed because of the ' or 1=1 but it only bugs the chat file.
>>
>>45648880
>http://www.potalk.org/index.php
Are you promoting drug use OP?
>>
>>45649734
No.
>>
>>45647636
Why do you want users? Sounds dumb, but that is the basic question to ask first. Do you think it is something users would actually benefit from using?
- Write about it and the reason they would benefit in a related forum of people of normal intelligence.
Do you want money from advertising?
-spam, spam, spam, any social media, promise them wild benefits you from using it you made up
Do you want to just test it under usage and load?
-ask web developers and media people nicely to use it and give you feedback (even if you don't want the actual feedback), they love talking about what other people did
>>
>>45649972
I'm thinking of advertise later.
I actually see a lot of uses for it, but one of the main uses is for example if you need help to something, instead of posting in some forum and wait for an answer, you can easily create a chat and talk in real time with anyone that is interested in your question. This is one of the many uses I can think of.
>>
>>45648241
>People put it on without knowing what it does
Chalking the tip of a pool stick helps to prevent a miscue -- which is when the tip of the stick does not make clean contact with the ball -- due to the added friction. Without chalk, the tip of the pool stick can slip off the ball, compromising the accuracy and power of the shot.
>>
>>45650080
Well, why not pick unanswered questions you know the answers for in a (fast-paced) forum and herd the people who need help to your page (saying it is easier to solve in a chat) and then ask them to promote your page in return if they liked it. Also just forums that are having discussions, and then just say, hey I made a chat for this topic on that website ยท[enter benefits here] let's talk there. Or even better, get some of your friends in their "discussing" a given topic and say they are discussing that right now in this chat... Stuff like that. Generally, just plant it (it is spamming still, but related). You won't really get around some sort of social media, forum spam and faking a bit that it is being used. Just keep it really related and unobtrusive.
>>
>>45649284
There are people who believe in an invisible man in the sky
>>
>>45650236
Thank you.
>>
>>45649519
>I wrote a simple program in C++ that basically spams links to the google play profiles of my apps to the random omegle user that gets connected to my computer and then disconnects to go look for another victim.

Post Sauce code pls
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.