[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What will China do if factories decide to automate their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 7

File: Circuitbreaker.jpg (16KB, 250x285px) Image search: [Google]
Circuitbreaker.jpg
16KB, 250x285px
What will China do if factories decide to automate their various factories?
>>
The same sort of thing the US did. Move manufacturing to Africa where humans are cheaper than robots.
>>
Forgot video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHUGZWybPII
>>
>>45604744
Wrong video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn62gcoOE3Q
>>
>>45604738
This. Manufacturing is going to march around the world until there is no cheap labor left.
>>
>>45604713
Educate the population enough to build and maintain these systems. Realize how fucking expensive it is to do this and ship it off to some third world nation where it will inevitably fail,then ship it all back to be repaired and relaunched within their own borders.
>>
>>45604713
This is already happening. Foxconn is trying to replace a lot of human workers with machines. They claim that the bots are "assisting" the human employees now, but its only because current models are basically a test run.
Even inventory in Chinese factories is starting to be fully automated just like it is here.
>>
>>45604738
>Move manufacturing to Africa

They are already doing this, btw.
>>
>>45604713
Automated manufacturing is great but is by no means perfect. Human labor is going to be attractive for quite awhile.
>>
>>45604875
Nonsense.

China doesn't even use basic machinery for road construction and such.
Because in China human labor is cheaper than electricity and petrol.
>>
>>45604738
>that population
>implying labor is as cheap anywhere as in china
>>
>>45604922
Africa only lacks infrastructure. When major manufacturing hubs start forming in Africa, large populations will migrate there, just as with China. The workers will basically work for sustenance, which by that time will probably be some kind of mass produced Soylent.
>>
>>45604885
Oh gawd! Nooo! I seriously hope this isn't true. The reckless abandon China has in regards to the environment will pale by comparison to what a continent of niggers will do. They respect nothing.
>>
>>45604967
They lack far more than infrastructure. You can only build in a relatively modernized area, which are hard to come by. Your employees still need some degree of education, and I'm dead serious when I say that Africans need to be taught to pull back their foreskin and wash it. They also have to be given seminars on how to avoid AIDS.
>>
>>45604713

China won't "decide" to automate. Automation is only useful because it's cheaper than human labor.

OH WAIT, in China they have so many people that it's actually cheaper to just throw 6000 people at a suicide factory until quotas are met than it is to automate.
>>
>>45604999
>The reckless abandon China has in regards to the environment will pale by comparison to what a continent of niggers will do. They respect nothing.

That is not true.

Africans generally do care about their environment.
That's why they are always pissed at western oil companies.
>>
>>45605020
>I have never been to Africa, but here is my opinion......
>>
>>45604999
Manufacturing will move to India before Africa. Africa is completely unstable and utterly incapable of providing an appropriate manufacturing environment. It's full of violent ethnic and sectarian nutjobs including Jihadists.

How's this for a nightmare? You wake up as a Chinese quality control supervisor in Nigeria trying to set up a production line.

Pleasant dreams...
>>
What are they planning /g/?

Maybe we are getting into pol territory now though.
>>
>>45605081

They're making a backup plan for when their own country is literally stripped bare of all resources and made barren and unlivable for human beings.

All China move to Africa then.
>>
>>45605023
Chinese labor costs are rising. Check out their demographic shift too.

http://www.economist.com/node/21553056
>>
>>45605041
Guess again, retard.
>>
>>45605076
>Africa is completely unstable

No it isn't.

Some areas are unstable but not all.
I personally know a guy who is setting up a factory in Tanzania.

Don't believe what you see on the news.
If I did, I would think all of the USA is one big ghetto with daily school shootings and plundering.
>>
>>45605111
OK, where have you been then?
>>
>>45605119
>If I did, I would think all of the USA is one big ghetto with daily school shootings and plundering.

Yeah what he said! USA is also crazy racist.
>>
>>45605081
It's modern colonialism.

But the Chinese are a lot smarter about it than the Europeans used to be.
>>
>>45604738
>Move manufacturing to Africa where humans are cheaper than robots.
lmao
and you thought chinese QC was bad
nobody is stupid enough to do that, africans will break your screwdivers and hammers within a day
>>
Chinese workers are much cheaper than robots.
>>
>>45605081
Dem precious metals. Namely copper. The market literally could not keep up with the Chinese demands a few years ago.
>>
production will never move to africa, as currently china are mining the shit out of it for natural resources, the only thing africa is good for is solar farms and maybe the odd genocide.
>>
>>45605139
An SCO summit, retard.

>>45605158
America is one of the least racist places in the world. The racial slur vocabulary as well as the number of people groups that one will opine about is drastically higher elsewhere. No one in America walks down the streets and discusses how shitty pakis, wogs, gypsies, abos, etc are.
>>
>>45604917
>China doesn't even use basic machinery for road construction and such.
Are you retarded?
>>
>>45605101

You must mean Siberia.

pro-tip: global warming will make Canada and Siberia into food production superpowers, the position held by America and Ukraine today.

I hope your neighbours to the north will accept a hundred million refugees into their country; I can't believe that Russia will just sit back and let half a billion East Asians flood over their borders.
>>
>>45605167
On that note, my company started divisions in Mexico and Brazil and they all floundered and shut down within 2 years. All the equipment was sent back to the US and most of it was in such a state of disrepair it had to be scrapped to recoup any money. I think we're at a point now where only non-critical,low quality, items are even being considered for these kinds of ventures.
>>
>>45605076
Africa is unstable because of external influences.
Once we decide it's suitable for slave labor, it will magically get stable.
>>
>>45605235
>>45605235

American racism is different. It's not about foreigners with a different culture and different traditions; it's about fellow locals of almost the same culture but with a different ethnicity.

Other settler colonies have the same issues; but it's like you say, a vanishingly small minority that it is acceptable to hate on. Only in America does a minority like blacks exist.
>>
>>45605275
Not quite. Canada will actually get colder, siberia too. Just the global average temperature will increase. Growing conditions worsen almost everywhere.
>>
>>45605297

Why would you legalise slavery when the IMF is far more effective at extracting wealth from Africa?

>let's go back to how it was in early capitalism
>as though nobody figured out a better way since then
>>
>>45605171
This.

The answer to OP's question is nothing, since at that point china's chinky slave labor will actually have become more expensive than automation.

But the costs of automation are going down. Especially if you get cheap chinese workers to build the robots that replace them.
>>
>>45605235
>An SCO summit

Never heard of it.
What African country is that in?
>>
>>45605352
>Why would you legalise slavery
You don't
Because it was never gone.
>>
>>45605081
The poorest country in the world sits on large supplies of valuable resources.

You can't explain that without invoking race.

Especially considering that china came back from fucking Mao.
>>
>>45605369
Not sure where people get the illusion that slavery is over.
There are more slaves than ever. Just they hang about in countries no-one cares about, like africa. Africa still uses slaves.
I like how that white people are the first people to stop using slaves but we get all the blame for using them, from races that still use slaves, too.
>>
>>45605381
>they hang about in countries no-one cares about, like africa.

Or Italy.

There are at least tens of thousands of slaves in Italy.
>>
>>45604967
>Africa only lacks infrastructure.
Niggers are dumb and they only work when their master stands behind them and hits them with the whip. That is no clichee, it is reality.
>>
>>45605381

It's disturbing, but there are slaves in my country too.

Apparently Ireland has hundreds or thousands of southeast Asians who are essentially owned by marijuana growers (it's getting harder to smuggle it into the country, I have heard, but not seen figures, that about two thirds of the weed smoked here is grown here, I don't know about hash). The gangs keep them in rental flats and if they try to escape they're arrested, charged, and deported.
>>
>>45605371
Foreign aid goes a long way to making things worse, and you can't overlook the fact that the Chinese and US both sponsor warlords in various regions to fight over control of swaths of land.
Sending food aid to specific areas so people come from all around to get hand outs there creates an issue. You end up with an influx of people in one spot, and living conditions worsen for everyone.
You send doctors to treat illness, but no one sends teachers to educate the people about preventing illness, and no one wants to build schools due to rebels in the area.

I'm not saying they have it within themselves to build cities that reach parity with the western world, but you can't really expect anything from them when everyone keeps kicking them in the teeth.
>>
>>45605442
Did you consider that what we see as progress might not be their view of the world?
>>
>>45604744
>>45604767
These clips were in the movie Manufactured Landscapes, pretty interesting to watch.
>>
>>45605454

Plus most food aid isn't free, it's all put on the tab. It's actually more expensive than market price, since they have to pay it back with interest.

>I'm not saying they have it within themselves to build cities that reach parity with the western world, but you can't really expect anything from them when everyone keeps kicking them in the teeth.

YES THEY DO. They were developing at the same rate (a few percent slower than Eurasia) as everyone else on the planet before colonisation. People said the same thing about Asians in the late nineteenth and early twentieth century (just after everyone kicked in China's door, just before Japan had a decent showing in the Pacific War).
>>
>>45604767
What company is this? I surely will never buy their products after seeing this.
>>
>>45605538
Why not?
>>
>>45605530
>They were developing at the same rate (a few percent slower than Eurasia) as everyone else on the planet before colonisation.
Yes, from wooden sticks to sharper wooden sticks.

Then colonisation happened and the development spiked, then it ended and the infrastructure that was left just fell apart without the people who knew what they were doing to maintain it.
Of course, africans doing shit like killing white farmers didn't help. Then they took over the land and it went fallow since they didn't know farming.
Of course then you have to compare it to areas like the united states and mexico and south america. South america was wiped the fuck out when the spanish came along.
Half the world was taken over by whites, but it's african areas that recovered the worst. And suffered the most when it ended.
>>
>>45604744
tfw no qt chinese worker gf
>>
>>45605458
What's the point? If you're totally stupid and are happy with it does that make you less stupid than the rest of the world?

If they like having no food and dieing of starvation then be it. No problem for me.
>>
>>45605538
Circuit breakers are not a device to be skimping on build quality. That cheap-assed device can cost you alot of money in the event of a failure.
>>
>>45605334

I had read that some places would improve in productivity; western Australia, the west Sahel, Canada, Siberia, and (by technicality, I guess), the Antarctic peninsula. But this was with a 4 degree increase in global average temperature, so if that's completely unrealistic, then it wouldn't happen.

TOTAL world food production would definitely drop (with maybe an increase above pre-change levels in fifty years as we get better at farming in the new climate, and as we develop newly suitable lands), and the places that saw improvements might be overrun and collapse before they can become stable exporters of food.
>>
>>45605597
>If they like having no food and dieing of starvation then be it. No problem for me.
They didn't have this problem before colonisation.
>>
>>45605597
They do like it. Starvation causes loss of libido, yet there are starving children everywhere in africa.

>>45605609
I wouldn't worry about global warming. Seriously. Lack of phosphorus and topsoil will cut food production by 50-70% in the next century or two.
>>
>>45605607
You know that a normal fuse works much quicker than a circuit breaker in the event of a short circuit.
>>
>>45605628
>You know that a normal fuse works much quicker than a circuit breaker in the event of a short circuit.
Not always. Depends on the type of load on the circuit.
>>
>>45605611
Quite true, they had a much more sustainably sized population. One of the greatest evils of colonisation was to allow rapid population growth facilitated by the introduction of farming techniques and agricultural systems the natives couldn't maintain. We keep this problem going now by propping up huge populations with food aid, rather than allowing population to fall into line more with what is sustainable
>>
>>45605666
Bill Gates had the same idea. He wants to reduce population.
He's seen as the devil just for suggesting this.
>dat post number though
>>
>>45605561

From a majority of the inhabitants of the continent not farming and herding cattle and not using iron and not being literate and riding horses and congregating in cities in 1000 BC, to a majority farming and herding cattle and using iron and a minority being literate and riding horses and congregating in cities in 1000 AD. That is progress.

>Then colonisation happened and the development spiked, then it ended and the infrastructure that was left just fell apart without the people who knew what they were doing to maintain it.
>Of course, africans doing shit like killing white farmers didn't help. Then they took over the land and it went fallow since they didn't know farming.

In Rhodesia? White farmers expelled African pastoralists, in much the same way Russian farmers expelled Cossacks from the southern part of their country. If you now expelled Russian farmers, and asked the Cossacks who never farmed in that way to take over, crops would fail. It takes more than one generation to make a farmer.

>Of course then you have to compare it to areas like the united states and mexico and south america. South america was wiped the fuck out when the spanish came along.
>Half the world was taken over by whites, but it's african areas that recovered the worst. And suffered the most when it ended.

Yes, in Asia, Europeans made deals with existing bureaucracies (after having conquered them), and those systems were brought up to the modern standard just as the ones in Europe. In Africa, as in the Americas and Australia, the main mode of colonisation was to destroy existing bureaucracies, such as they were, and replace them, whole cloth, with western institutions. In the Americas, this took place over five centuries, and was enforced by people who settled in the Americas, and formed large minorities or majorities in every country; in Africa, this took place over a century, and was enforced by small minorities resident in some of these countries.
>>
File: thermal-magnetic-trip-unit.gif (7KB, 315x215px) Image search: [Google]
thermal-magnetic-trip-unit.gif
7KB, 315x215px
>>45605628
Nah, the electromagnet is pretty fast.

A circuit breaker can be overloaded for an hour or so without breaking though, electricians are supposed to choose a proper wire gauge with that in mind.
>>
>>45605622
>phosphorus

Is there much phosphorus on asteroids?
>>
>>45605707
Nah, the electromagnet is pretty fast for short circuits.
>>
>>45605707
>>45605716
The superior design choice would still be a properly sized fuse and dedicated overcurrent protection on devices where such an event is expected, like power tools
>>
>>45605709
No idea. Our phosphorus deposits are most concentrated in certain strata, corresponding to a certain period in earth's life when a bunch of phosphorus was dumped around for some reason.
There's likely to be some phosphorus on asteroids, but the cost would be literally astronomical.
What you're proposing is a solution that's many times more expensive than just recycling our phosphorus. Which we don't do because the deposits are still the cheapest source.
But the thing is that when the deposits dry up, phosphorus prices will rise sharply, food prices will rise sharply, and the high wealth inequality in the US and most parts of the world (Norway being the one major exception, funnily enough), the relatively small change in living costs affects huge numbers of people.

Why is norway the one exception? Because it's an oil producer with low wealth inequality. Oil producing is associated with high wealth inequalities and corruption, in every country but norway.
>>
>>45605628
http://www.campbells.org/Airplanes/airplaneCircuitBreakersVsFuses.html
"We tested four values: 1, 5, 10, 15 amps. Tests were performed at an ambient temperature of approximately 65F. We tested how closely each device's activation point matched its rated value, and how fast it reacted to an application of current in excess of its rating. Our results show that CBs and glass fuses with similar specifications perform very similar in typical aircraft usage scenarios (see next paragraph). The only remarkable difference was the surprising phenomenon that I refer to as "thermal memory"; that is, when the devices were repeatedly cycled to 80% of their rated currents using a ON/OFF duty cycle of 20/10 minutes, the average activation current for the 1- and 5-amp fuses decreased PERMANENTLY while the equivalent CBs recovered to rated value. Practically, this means that in a stressful situation, the current rating of these fuses decrease slightly each time the fuse is subjected to a current near its rated value. Although we didn't perform enough testing cycles to determine whether this behavior eventually "bottoms out," we conjecture that this might account for the occasional unexplained blown fuse we sometimes find in our aircraft at startup."
>>
>>45605777
Well.. I honestly have to admit I may have been wrong.

But in school they had us look at charts and fuses just blew the circuit breakers away.
>>
>>45605775
Phosphorus could be collected through processing urine in sewage treatment plants. I shit you not. Kek.
>>
>>45605838
I used to believe the same after sitting through some seminars sponsored by Little Fuse. Did some research of my own based on what I witnessed in the field as a technician and came to the conclusion that fuses are shilled fiercely due to their higher replacement=more money to the manufacturers.
>>
>>45605856

And they could SELL the phosphorous. And they'd want as many customers who were charged as little as possible so they could sell more phosphorous. Better than trying to reclaim it from the ocean.
>>
>>45604744
>>45604767

It's no wonder they often kill themselves.
>>
>>45606250
Ocean? Recycling would be from runoff in farms, and in sewage works. The thing is, it's way more expensive to drag it out of water and effluent than to dig it out of australia or wherever.
Expensive phosphorus = expensive food.
>>
>>45604744
Man I could design a cheap as fuck machine that would be able to do that, 100x faster and not even that expensive.
What the fuck
>>
>>45606269
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2092277/Apple-Poor-working-conditions-inside-Chinese-factories-making-iPads.html
>>
Any chance we will go back to quality products in our lifetimes?
I'm tired of buying 10 can openers a year.
>>
>>45606543

Planned obsolescence is the vice of capitalism. And it will have one hell of a hangover.
>>
>>45605029

>That's why they are always pissed at western oil companies

It is greed that drives that more than them giving a fuck about the environment. They just want bling. Hook the tribe leaders up with LeBron's wardrobe and jewelry and they'll roll over for anything.
>>
File: RTR2H049.jpg (1MB, 3500x2333px) Image search: [Google]
RTR2H049.jpg
1MB, 3500x2333px
>>45606352
Foxconn do care about its workers!
>>
>>45604713
>mfw a quality thread in /g/
:D

>>45604744
>>45604767
what a fucking disaster. this is how we humans waste our own fucking lives...

>>45605029
>Africans generally do care about their environment.
go on.
any read you would suggest?
>>
>>45604713
>Move manufacturing to Africa

This is unlikely going to happen very fast. Cheap labor was only one reason why China is used for manufacturing. Governmental and infrastructural stability are also key. Cheap labor is great, but if your factory gets shut down because of revolt, war, or an unstable power grid, you lose money.

So if there are countries in Africa that have very stable governments and sufficient infrastructure, then manufacturing could move there,
>>
File: iphone-.jpg (64KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
iphone-.jpg
64KB, 600x750px
>>45606656
>>
>>45606758

But African nations are kept unstable to make sure that what we CAN buy from them is cheap.

So if China unionises or automates, then we'll miraculously see some African nations gets their shit together enough to force people into the factories en masse. Nigeria, for example, is going to become very interesting in the next twenty years, I think.
>>
>>45606758
see >>45605110

>>45606789
foxconn produces for MANY well known american/japanese companies, though...
>>
>chinese circuit breakers

do not want / would never consider / nope
Legrand + AEG master race here.
>>
File: 1.jpg (175KB, 901x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
175KB, 901x1023px
>>45607230
Chinks care about safety too!
>>
>>45607348
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/5-PCT-215-Pin-Universal-compact-wire-wiring-connector-conductor-terminal-block-with-lever/613696_32223164291.html

Wago clone for those wondering.
>>
>>45605856
It is already in many parts of the world
>>
>>45605446

This is a general pratice in Europe, it is common knowledge that 80% of the weed comes from Vietnamese families who use slave labor
>>
>>45607129

Don't just assume because the image references the iPhone that all those other companies aren't subject to the same argument.
>>
>>45607348
Is it really that unsafe to wrap the naked wire in electrical tape?

Is my house going to burn down if I keep doing this?
>>
>>45607768
That's not the unsafe bit..
>>
>>45605119
Wake me when it's as stable as China.

http://www.isn.ethz.ch/Digital-Library/Articles/Detail/?lng=en&id=184495
>>
They'll hang out, grow rice, dance, and do Tai Chi and shit. Whatever.
>>
>>45607348
those are way fancier than wirenuts.
>>
Part of what I've noticed happens with automation is a change in design to help the automation.
As in, designs change to what is easier to automate.
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.