[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any ideas what I can use my old netbook for? Right now it has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: msiwind.jpg (151KB, 1407x1280px) Image search: [Google]
msiwind.jpg
151KB, 1407x1280px
Any ideas what I can use my old netbook for? Right now it has XP. I thought about installing Mac OS X or Android x86 on it, but apparently both are still too broken to be usable. Don't care about linux.

specs:
>intel atom
>512mb ram
>gma950 gpu
>>
Minimal Debian install + Fluxbox
>>
>>45196350
>Right now it has XP. I thought about installing Mac OS X or Android x86 on it, but apparently both are still too broken to be usable.
>Don't care about linux.

Yeah good luck pal, better start learning how to write your own OS
>>
http://freecode.com/projects/lilblue-linux
Gentoo.
>>
>>45196350
Windows embedded POSReady 2009.
>>
>>45196350
Install Lubuntu or Xubuntu, enjoy your perfectly usable Linux laptop.
>>
>>45196479
Im not interested in linux because of the dog eat dog culture, lack of drivers and "go google the vim command just to delete a single line of text"
>>
>>45196571
anon, install this:
>>45196549
>>
>>45196571
>dog eat dog culture
you just had a bad day at some forums that aren't noob friendly

>lack of drivers
at least my GNU+Linux distro came with wifi-drivers out of the box. my windows desktop didn't even come with wired drivers out of the box.

>go google the vim command
just install ee and use that, nobody is forcing you to use the best editor right away

it sounds like you just hate GNU+Linux because you want to hate it. come with real arguments next time
>>
>>45196640
>buhuu my desktop
>buhuu it's gud for me
>come with real arguments next time
GTFO
>>
>>45196674
ok, kid
>>
>>45196571
I don't give a fuck about why you don't want linux.
You asked what should you installed and excluded your best bets (XP, Linux)
Literally what kind of recommends did you expect from people?
Obscure shit like BSD, even more obscure shit like Haiku, ReactorOS?
Or maybe a great text-based adventure like FreeDOS?

Fuck
>>
>>45196700
>>>/b/
>>
>>45196703
considering the age, there's probably BSD drivers for it by now.

but I think BSD is too scary for this kid, seeing as he's too afraid to use a GNU+Linux based system

his only reasons not to use GNU+Linux are shit too, so I don't really know what he's expecting
>>
>>45196350
A paperweight.
>>
Guys I wasnt really asking for a new OS, although OS X and Android x86 were really interesting ideas. I just can't think of any reason to use this netbook because I already have a desktop and a tablet/laptop hybrid that's superior in every way except for being locked to windows 8.1.

>>45196549
>>45196637
I already have XP.

>>45196640
Theres no need to be so defensive man, it's just an OS. I dont have any interest in your linux because the design is too counter-intuitive.
>>
>>45196350
>gma950 gpu

well at least it isn't the shittel ones with the shitty PowerVR garbage

install gentoo, if it doesn't werk because of some retarded chipset, chuck it in the garbage.
>>
>>45196350
Windows Vista Home Premium 32 Bit
>>
>>45196773
>get's BTFOd on every argument he made
>d-dude you're being defensive!!

accept the best tool available for the job or don't even fucking bother
what are you doing on /g/ anyway if anything that's out of your windows comfort zone scares you
>>
>>45196350
install crunchbang
>>
>>45196773
why are you on /g/?
install a Linux distro you fucking idiot.
>>
>>45196350
A home media machine: install a light linux distro, a large and HDD, hook it up to a TV & stereo, and suddenly you have a home ssh, vlc, ftp, and media server.
>>
>>45196834
Linux is only good for C programming and git. But I never asked for the "best tool available for the job." I use my desktop for actual work. I'm just asking for ideas what I can use this netbook for. And all you're trying to do is turn this into some linux vs. windows debate which i have no interest in.
>>
>>45196950
wow stop being so defensive
>>
>>45196950
Install Windows XP and enjoy your viruses then, what the hell do you want us to tell you?
>>
>>45196974
kek
>>
>>45196950
use the netbook to help you stop being a faggot
>>
I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 + XFCE and it's working like a charm, mine has a similar configuration excepts mine that has 1gb ram
>>
>>45196950
then toss it in the trash or mail it to me you fucking fag. I already have a use in mind for it
>>
>>45196350
Wow, what a perfect machine to install Linux onto
>>
File: make_the_world_better.png (24KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
make_the_world_better.png
24KB, 800x600px
>>45196950
>>
I think I'll just use it to make a MAME system or host a 16-player cs zombie mod server.

U guys can have fun arguing about linux
>>
>>45197143
Co-sign.
>>
>>45197143
+1
>>
>>45197207
>cs zombie mod server
how much of a fag are you?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.