[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best mail provider

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1

File: howdoifilename.png (35KB, 330x217px) Image search: [Google]
howdoifilename.png
35KB, 330x217px
/g/, before this gets public, what mail provider you recommend and why ?
>>
gmail because it's hosted by the most reliable company in the world
>>
The name is ugly. PROTONNNNN...how pretentious. That is laughable.

So, I gather most communication you have is with end encrypted, privacy conscientious recipients of your emails? If not, try using Yandex, Autistici, Airmail.cc (Cock.li), Teknik.io (seems untrustworthy like Cock.li. I mean, they could discontinue service anytime, right?) or your employer's/university's email.
>>
I prefer Startmail
>not made by three Americans
>it's Dutch, and although the Dutch government is in bed with America, they do respect encryption
>it's made by an established privacy respecting tech company
>their business is more than just email, so you have more continuity
>the interface is better and more complete
>>
>>44022042
>what mail provider you recommend
Yourself.

Host your own mail server.
>>
>>44022163
Hey, it's me again. I posted that above. Just use Yandex or Gmail, even AOL. You can't fix the world yourself. Hosting is a pain unless you are determined.
>>
>>44022042
Gmail.
Google is not going anywhere for some time. Also 2-factor auth, free IMAP and SMTP, best spamfilter.

Outlook is just as reliable but I don't trust Microsoft.
>>
I highly recommend Lavabit or nz11.com. Yahoo is such a great service you'd be surprised. Give it a test drive.
>>
http://cock.li/
or
airmail.cc if you want something a more 'professional'
>>
>>44022256
I like Yahoo as well, but they constantly get hacked for random reasons. They probably have the worst security in the tech world.
And a few months ago their service was buggy as hell.
And their two step verification needs an app.
>>
>>44022287
>using email hosted by a /g/tard
kek
>>
>>44022287
Cock.li is great, I have my own goat.si email address and people get a kick out of that.
>>
>>44022315
>using email hosted by a company who profits from invading your privacy and make easy NSA targets
kek
>>
>>44022288
Not to mention Yahoo sounds fucking stupid. Even cock.li sounds better.
>>
>>44022325
I prefer that the kikes spy me rather than a weebfaggot looking at my mails.

It's retarded to use a cock.li mail for jobs.
>>
>>44022168
FUCK that .16 cents a day, less than a nice coffee. That's 59 something freaking DOLLARS a YEAR!

I don;t drink coffee and I sure as fritz am not going to fart away money to a company needing to drain me of my life and blood for my simple right. Gmail is very cool. The NSA is mean
>>
>>44022256
>lavabit
>not kill
pick one
>>
>>44022287
>have to log onto it using mail.cock.li
he needs a SFW webmail address.
>>
>>44022042
lel got a free protonmail acc when it was in open beta for a week
>>
I made a poll for you guys

http://strawpoll.me/2519057
>>
>>44022325
>profits from invading your privacy
There is literally nothing wrong with a computer storing information on what I like as long as I agree to it and can delete it at any time.
There are many things wrong with a neckbeard with no legal obligation to protecting your privacy having plaintext access to all your emails.

>make easy NSA targets
>a company with a legal team is an easier target than a neckbeard in his mum's house

Well, I just realised no one uses cock.li unironically, forgive my autism.
>>
>>44022406
Let's settle this once and for all. The most professional sounding email service.
>>
>protonmail requires javascript

omg so anonymous
>>
>>44022256
>Yahoo is such a great service you'd be surprised. Give it a test drive.
My plebian friend created a facebook account with her yahoo account, she couldn't sign in with the android app on her galaxy S5 because the app kept saying the email was not available,she signed up again with the same email, now she has 2 accounts with the same email
top fucking kek
>>
how good is protonmail with private trackers,some fuck up when you use anything other than gmail for invites and account creation.
>>
>>44022441
>protonmail requires javascript
so what?
>>
>>44022163
>look that cock.li email provider
>tfwno.gf domain
My fav email provider
Also, kek
>>
>>44022042
mykolab
https://www.fsf.org/resources/webmail-systems
>>
>>44022042
Shoulda registered for beta, OP.
>>
iCloud Mail
>>
>>44026211
kek
>>
RiseUp
>>
>>44026220
no ads
no scanning(other than spam filter)
full IMAP support(Gmail's is non-standard)

whats not to like?
>>
>>44026211
Same. Been using it since it was MobileMe back in '08. Never had any major issues.

I am considering a switch though.
>>
I have my own domain so use my web host.

Anyone know of a privacy respecting web host?
>>
>>44022042
I signed up for a free account at unseen.is recently. Not enough time to tell whether it's good, but it's based in Iceland and seems well-run.
>>
i use yahoo japan. no problems, servers are in japan.
>>
>>44026289
This is a really good idea, make a website that no-one can access.
>>
>>44027213

> website
> no one can access

Pick one
>>
>>44027354

>being a normal person and understanding sarcasm
>being a retard that doesn't understand sarcasm

Pick 5.
>>
>>44022042
I personally use teknik.io

Free and seems pretty good so far.
>>
>>44022163
I would think any of these services could shut down at any moment.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.