[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
Apple hate thread
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 28
File: IPhone_5.png (657 KB, 2500x4722) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IPhone_5.png
657 KB, 2500x4722
Why would you ever buy and IPhone?
>>
for shits and giggles
>>
>>43439800
Because I'm not poor.
>>
>>43439800

I finally tried one this week while on an emergency phone hunt. Honestly, it's alright. I didn't hate it and kind of liked that it was very streamlined and straightforward.

That said, there were two main issues; some of the simpler innovations on the Android front were sorely missed (double tap-then-drag to zoom is amazing and Chrome on Android eats Safari alive in terms of usability; Chrome on iOS is almost identical to Safari.) More importantly, I'm on Verizon and for some stupid fucking reason, Apple decided to have the iPhone use one Antenna for both LTE and CDMA, meaning it has to roll back to CDMA when making a call and you can't use voice and data at the same time. This was a huge fucking dealbreaker for me and I took it back the day I discovered it.

How this isn't brought up more in the "Versus" discussions, I don't know. I know this isn't an issue on GSM carriers but fucking still.
>>
>>43439800
>Why would you ever buy and IPhone?
because it was $50 upgrade from my previous phone
>>
>>43439800
I don't understand your 2nd grade special ed sentence.
>>
>>43439800
Because Im gay.

Seriously there is no reason to buy ilag these days. Feels outdated as fuck, even the aesthetics
>>
>>43439800
>Buying gayphone unironically
>>
>>43439939
>implying buying HTC One M8 makes you poor
>>
>>43439800
Because they're really good smartphones
>>
>>43441095
>smartphones
>>
>>43442021
Do you have something to add?
>>
>>43442042
>good
>>
>>43439800
>not buying an iphone and pretend that you're a fag
It's like you don't want to have fun
>>
Apple phones are designed for those with low iq's, and those who have no desire to do anything more than check facebook and play le epix flappy berdz XD
Android is a productive platform which differs majorly from iOS since it was built on the basis of community construction and invention, hence why so many development applications and analysis tools lie on the Google play store,
Children want iPhones, just because the majority of the crowed uses them, not because they are "good phones" (even though they're not)
They are over-priced, even with all the marketing, and serve merely as a fashion accessory for the swagglets and young no-good dooers,
Tell me apple fag, what's your intention of using this device?
>>
This post
>>43440058

Invalidates this one
>>43439939
>>
Because for when I need a fashionable paper weight that displays my status to all.
>>
>>43442297
Phone calls, text, internet browsing, iPod functionality, easy sync (I mean just plug'n play). That's all, nothing fancy, I have a low IQ.
>>
>>43439800

It works.
>>
>>43439800
Because i live in burgerland and why the hell would I not get the most fucking ripped off items that i can get?

Feels good to be fucked in the ass
>>
Because I'm not going to buy something inferior to my flawless HTC One M8 (glamour red niggers). Apple (phones and comps) are the kind of faggots that berate you for having androids.
>>
>>43442918
>Feels good to be fucked in the ass
You Windows users sure stand out.
>>
>>43442876
>>
Because I'm a gullible teenager or old person who has jumped on the iCloud bandwagon.
>>
>>43440038
Maybe I'm not understanding correctly, but you can double tap to zoom on iPhone, at least in all Apple apps. I don't know about Chrome.
>>
Had every iPhone since the original and will probably never switch.
>>
>>43443042
How do you deal with such small screens? Shits awful.
>>
>>43443062
I hate big screen phones, I need phone for phone purpose and some entertainment. If I need to watch movies I can use TV or PC. Not addicted to phone like others, dont even use facebook, twitter and all that shit.

I switched to iPhone recently, was using android since froyo. And it feels like I wont be switching back to android no more. iPhone is simply mor e polished, more elegant and user friendlier. And the weird part is that I am android developer, but thinking of making an effort to start doing iOS development.
>>
>>43443062
forgot to mention, the thing I didnt like in iphone was that touch, aint that good and takes a bit getting used to. Atleast for me
>>
>>43443260
>iPhone is simply mor e polished, more elegant and user friendlier
Can you elaborate?
>>
>>43443407
He likes not having a proper file system and a proper 4chan app, among a 1000 other things.
>>
>>43439800
I would never buy that piece of shit
>>
>>43439800

No, because buying flagship phones is a waste of money. The cheapest one (5C) costs 600€ (800$) where I live.

On the other hand, I would buy the new iPod/iPad.
>>
>>43443434
I just dont have need for those things. Well actually the stupidiest part is having to sync through itunes, like wtf.

Ofcourse there is plenty Cons, but every mobile os has some. It's just my personal preference and might change over time and I might migrate to other os in time. But for now, I would not change to any other phone.
>>
>>43439800
old devices can get cheap because there are so many .. that's the only reason I bought the original when the 3g came out, and a 3g later.. still I see it's shortcomings, you have to jailbreak it so it can do simple things it should have done to begin with.
Nowadays I have an android, still not everything is nice and dandy, to be honest both platforms need a lot of improvement.
>>
>>43439800
Never. A coworker gifted me his 3GS when he upgraded to 4G. After tinkering for some time I went back to my retardphone and never looked back. Itunes is worse than AIDS. Gave it to my mom and she uses it as a mini-tablet.
>>
Because swag maybe? And because i dont know nothing about technology you loosers
>>
>>43443260
>froyo
you're missing out coz android have come far from that piece of shit. Honestly i would ditch android from that time, but o well
>>
File: 1401093974564.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1401093974564.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>43439800
The only correct answer to your question OP
>>
Fuck you guys, I love my iPhone 5S. Does everything I want it to.
>>
>>43445473
Why don't you try putting some music on it without having to pay for it?
>>
>>43443260
>froyo
Jesus fuck that was a long as time ago. Try Kitkat or an Android L dev build on a Nexus 5.
>>
>>43445503
I already do. I use Downcast to subscribe to about ~45 or so legitimately free music podcasts. Reasonably high quality music free every day.

I also download stuff from Usenet and load it on my phone as well.
>>
I had an iPhone 3G and my dad had an iPhone 3GS, never again. Every update made them slower and less usable, and the latest version of iOS didn't actually have the features advertised.

I got a Nexus S and my dad got a Galaxy Nexus a year later, and our lives improved. I'm on a Nexus 4 now and he's on a Nexus 4, and it seems each update is slowly making the phones better.
My dad's phone is going to get an extra 2 hours in battery life once Android L hits it at the very least, his iPhone would have been the other way around.
>>
>>43439800
What's wrong with an iPhone?
Not everyone has a need to hack their phone or whatever
>>
>>43445548
>the latest version of iOS didn't actually have the features advertised.

Such as?
>>
>>43442297
>implying basic communication via text, email, voice, and social media isn't the raison d'être of modern phones

What are you doing with yours, manipulating excel? Programming?
>>
>>43445555
Where have you been? Whenever there's a new update for an iPhone, only the newest phone gets the fancy features. Older phones get a slightly updated look and a ton of shit is left out.

It's been years but the biggest one I remember was no Siri for the iPhone 4, a yer old phone. Fanboys threw the excuse that the 4S had special hardware, but then someone jailbroke a 4 and got Siri running on it.
>>
>>43442297
>what's your intention of using this device?

Oh, you know, the usual. Phone calls. SMS messages. Voicemail. Web browsing. Watching streamed videos/TV. Watching local videos. Listening to music. Streaming music. Booking reservations at restaurants. Buying movie tickets. Online shopping. Light mobile game playing on the bus. Accessing email. Accessing remote work content. Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.

This isn't rocket science.
>>
>>43445529
Okay, now try inserting a micro sd card, or replacing a battery
>>
>>43445598
>Older phones get a slightly updated look and a ton of shit is left out.

That's different from "didn't actually have the features advertised." The advertising on Apple's site lists the requirements for the features pretty clearly.

>>43445605
Those are not features of my phone, but I've never needed either of those.
>>
File: sinefish.png (33 KB, 800x479) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
sinefish.png
33 KB, 800x479
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVrQdz_x9hs
>>
Been using Android ever since I got a smartphone.

Used my friends iPhone for a few minutes a few months ago and was blown away by the speed and responsiveness. Switching to the 6 as soon as it comes out and I can't fucking wait. Android is pure shit compared to iOS.
>>
>>43445622
Same way they list that OSX needs antivirus, tucked away so people don't notice it.
Still doesn't excuse that kind of jewery.

Running their latest OS' my old Nexus S probably has more features than an iPhone 4.
>but my smoothness
If you want smoothness, stop using a 4 year old phone
>>
>>43439800
for iOS8 and Yosemite.

I have a HTC One M7 at the moment, but I'm seriously considering getting a 5C when iOS8 drops because
>dat fluid compatibility
Being able to text, call and FaceTime from my laptop is just too gr8
>>
My biggest gripe with iPhones is that they're just too tiny. Of then uou use a +4.5" inch device you never go back to smaller ones.

Now that is pretty much confirmed that the iphone 6 will be 4.7" I'll consider getting one
>>
I was given one.
I woldn't buy one, but I certainly wouldn't buy anything else.
All mobile phones are overrated garbage and you have been sucked in by the rare earth's jew.
>>
>>43445648
>Same way they list that OSX needs antivirus, tucked away so people don't notice it.

Where?

>unning their latest OS' my old Nexus S probably has more features than an iPhone 4.

That is probably true, it's a 4 year old phone.
>>
>>43445551
>buying other phones to hack
iphones are overpriced piece of shit
>hey its just 100+ dolaridoos for a 32g
its ok, its apple storage so the price is okkk
>>
>>43445633
What low budget android do you have m8?
>>
>>43445695
>Where?
Exactly. You don't even know where it is.
>>
>>43439800

itunes
locked down os
no file managers
effeminate phone
>>
>>43445701
Do you?
>>
>>43445697
I have an S3. Doesn't help that I need to system restore it every couple of months to make it fast again either.
>>
>>43445695
>That is probably true, it's a 4 year old phone.
Both phones are the same age, and I believe use the same or similar SoCs.
>>
>>43445633
been using iphone4s since birth, updated with ios 7 too. When i tried my friends nexus 5 i was blown away by its responsiveness and non lagynes.
i guess weak os is weak right?
>>
>>43445648
>OSX needs antivirus
If your a total and utter braindead idiot with parkinsons, who has turned off gatekeeper and installed an outdated version of the Java web plugin.
>>
>>43440058
>contract
>"your" phone
kek
>>
>>43445726
No, my guess would be you're just talking shit.
>>
>>43442254
>having to sell your car to buy a phone for fun
>>
>>43445711
>s3
>samshit
>the true meaning of lagdroid
found your problem. maybe get a real flagship that is not outdated.
>>
>>43445704
http://www.cnet.com/news/apple-suggests-mac-users-install-antivirus-software/

Funny enough, I can't seem to fin it anymore.
>>
>>43445755
>December 1, 2008
>>
>>43445731
So exactly the kind of people using OSX, I guess.
Exactly the kind of people using computers in general, actually.
>>
>>43445750
If Android is so shit that my phone that's only 2 years old is slow because of it then that says much more about Android that the phone.
>>
>>43445739
no, i really had 4s and i never knew the battery was shit when i found android phones. and yes, i never noticed the lag too after using other phone
>>
>>43445763
Only more vulnerabilities for OSX have been discovered since then. OSX is becoming a more popular target.
>>
Because at the very least, its better than windows. If Android ceased to be a thing, I would buy a iPhone.
>>
>>43445773
No, it's the shit Samsung puts on their phones. Just use a Nexus phone.
>>
>>43445801
What shit? I'm not using a Samsung ROM
>>
>>43445786
Yes, it has. What's your point?
>>
>>43445803
Then you must be an absolute retard. My 17 year old sister is computer illiterate, and has no problems using CM11 on her S3.
>>
>>43445818
I have no problems using it. However it is slow as shit compared to iOS.
>>
>>43445803
Try a better rom then. An s3 shouldn't feel laggy on a custom rom. Hell I had mine stock and it was fine til the most recent update.
>>
>>43445815
That you're a dumbass who's going to keep running around in circles thinking I'm going constantly try to argue you down.
>>
>>43445824
>I have no problems using it
>Doesn't help that I need to system restore it every couple of months to make it fast again either.

I'm not buying it. An S3 may not be as smooth as 5/5S with a custom ROM, but it sure as hell is faster.
>>
>>43445824
This shouldn't be the case unless you've bloated your phone yourself. What's the worst offender for you, Facebook messenger? Serious question, as that's the only app I ever had issues with on mine. Fucking women making me use that shit.
>>
>>43445846
Faster how?
>>
>>43439800
>Why would you ever buy and IPhone?

Because not everyone wants a smartphone, some just want something simple and pretty.
>>
>>43445833
I don't see how Apple suggesting users install antivirus in 2008 has anything to do with buying an iPhone in 2014.
>>
>>43439800
To be cool
>>
>>43445853
As in it launches and switches between apps faster.
>>
>>43445863
Because a relation was made about how Apple hides important information. How hard is it for apple fanboys to follow a conversation?
>>
Because the iphone processors absolutely destroy high end CPUs used in android devices.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7335/the-iphone-5s-review
>>
>>43442297
Tipping intensifies furiously
>>
>>43442969
>buying a HTC phone
>ever
>>
>>43445882
That's quite a stretch of a point to make.
>>
>>43445887
Doesn't matter when you're still stuck with a four inch screen, grandpa.
>>
>>43445887
Because manufactures have never manipulated their products to run better during benchmarks.
>>
>>43445911
>Apple hides information out of sight
>here's an example of them doing it
How exactly is that a stretch of a point?
>>
>>43445922
You're thinking of Samsung.
>>
>>43445939
Not all features are available on all models. The same is true in the Android world.
>>
>>43445957
I wouldn't trust any company with benchmarks. Samsung just got caught.
>>
>>43445978
Then why hasn't anyone been able to prove the benchmarks on the A7 wrong?
>>
>>43439800
It's a good phone and not only that, it's a good brand as well.
>>
>>43445902
>not buying an HTC
>ever
>>
>>43445986
The processor on the htc one m8 and galaxy s5 i'm pretty sure defeats the iphone's a7 chip.
>>
Curiosity about the iOS platform after using Android for 2 years.

I now have an iPhone and a tablet that runs Android and will probably continue down this path.
>>
>>43445768
touche
>>
>>43445977
Funny enough, the Nexus 4 has just as many features in its version of Android as the Nexus 5.
>>
File: ayy_lmao.png (164 KB, 500x375) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ayy_lmao.png
164 KB, 500x375
I know this is the most retarded place to ask but I have few simple questions
1. Is it still possible to bypass iCloud lock?
2. Is http://iphonegeeks.us/ a scam
3. Does R-SIM MINI2 work on any carrier?
>>
>>43445977
>moving the goalposts
>>
>>43446088
> No
> Yes
> No
>>
>>43439800
Because I wanted one more than I wanted an android or a windows phone or whatever
>>
if I didn't want to customise my phone, I would get an iPhone. iOS is better out of the box than Android, in my opinion. I like to tinker with stuff though, so I use android.
>>
>>43445902
Hey, some people dont know how shitty HTC is. I didnt but I learned fast.
>>
>>43446203
what do you suggest instead?
I hate samsung's bloat, but they have some of the best hardware
>>
>>43446222
Not him but the G3 is quality.
>>
>>43446245
Was considering it but went for the s5 instead. The display is fucking beautiful and the camera is also phenomenal. Specs were top of all smartphones at the time and the waterproofing sold me. The fingerprint scanner and heartbeat sensor were an added bonus, don't use them too much. Have to say, fucking amazing phone, after i killed some bloat.
>>
>>43446299
If I hadn't had a bad run with my s3 I might have done the same man. But I couldn't pass up the g3s formfactor and wanted to give lgs build quality a shot. The last phone I owned of theirs was a fat optumus v and that thing was indestructible, my s3... eh not so much.
>>
>Claiming iOS isn't customizable

Fuck off neets.
>>
>>
>>
>>43446356
>>43446375
>>43446389
That looks fucking stupid, and is probably jailbroken.
>>
>>43446356
That's pretty terrible m8. And a dollar says your app drawer still looks just like a stock app drawer.
>>
>>
>>43446338
lel also had the g3, I had the record for the middle east for SMTH (app where you have to throw your phone in the air as high as you can.) Got like 12 meters, fucking boss, phone is still around, except I can't ROM it because I fucked with it somehow by deleting some important stuff and I don't even know.

Planned on suing it in case my s5 ever ran out of battery, haven't taken it out of my bag for 2 months, my s5 has a beast battery
>>
>>
>>43446389
> He made a ghetto android layout

And I bet your proud of that hard work. Just buy the real thing next time.
>>
>>43446389
That reddit app looks horrible, get a proper icon, everything else is alright
>>
>>
>>43446410
That actually looks pretty nice IMO, do you happen to know anyway I could do that on an android? Pretty new to the smartphone thing.
>>
>>43446447
There's sidebar launchers in the store. Get that and nova launcher and you're good to go.
>>
>hating apple
only fucking underage kids or lowbrains do that. It is so fucking retarded wanting an OS to be a monopoly.
>>
>>43446478
No, it's just a terrible platform.

I actually want WP8.1 to do well so we have more competition.
>>
File: RdZ65FN.png (1 MB, 2520x1575) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
RdZ65FN.png
1 MB, 2520x1575
Where are your gods now androidfags?
>>
>>43446544
looks like some cheap fisherprice toy
>>
>>43446410
>They finally have every letter on the contact list.

Thank fucking god.
>>
>>43446544
It looks so gay.
>>
File: image.jpg (170 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
170 KB, 640x1136
>>43445503
What do you mean anon?
Itt: iliterate android users who know nothing about iOS
>>
>>43446245
>He only gets 5, maybe 6, hours of screen on time.

Point at him and laugh, meanwhile I'm pulling 10 hours over two days on my G2.
>>
File: vomit 2.jpg (4 KB, 126x126) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
vomit 2.jpg
4 KB, 126x126
>>43446544
Looks like Metro.
>>
>>43446668
That's because fucking screen resolution. going beyond 330ppi was such a fucking unnecesary step.
>>
>>43446676
Heh I know but the G3 is more of an in-between prototype phone. Being an early adopter is never a good idea from a consumer point of view.
>>
>>43446704
>implying it will every get better
higher resolution WILL always consume more battery, period. it's how fucking physics work.
>>
>>43446668
Why would you not be near a charger for two days? Its as meaningless as the ppi on this thing. Both are dumb. I like that SD slot I have though, and the larger screen.
>>
>>43446724
lemonzero fuckers have you heard of it
>>
>>43446740
Zerolemon*

I'm autistic
>>
>>43446730
The only reason why ppi is going up so high is because progress in panel technologies alone. going beyond ~400ppi on phones doesn't benefit the user but it will benefit other ares.... such as virtual reality devices.

>>43446740
I don't want to run around with a hugeass brickphone, they're already fucking big enough.
>>
>>43446751
They have an 8500 mah battery for the s5, you just switch it out for the default one. It's like 30$
>>
>>43446786
Wait, that's 7500 for the s4, sorry
>>
>>43446786
From china with no warranty right?
>>
>>43446786
But.... it's bigger. Way fucking bigger dumbass.

Did you seriously think that it has more then twice the capacity but is just as big? don't you think if it would be possible that easy that samshit and all the other phone manufacturers would sell their phones with batteries like that by default? you must have a 2 digit IQ and be dement.
>>
>>43446786
It's like you want to start house fires anon.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (100 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
100 KB, 1920x1080
>>43446849
pic related: MUH ZERO LEMON

not bigger at all...

>whip out huge autistic phone
>ladies cringe at you
>>
>>43446927
My god that's an abomination.
>>
>>43442297
>Apple phones are designed for those with lower levels of autism

fixed it for you
>>
>>43447024
More like lower standards. I'm sorry but I'd legitimatly miss having a file system, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
>>
>>43447321
Dem real lifers don't care about shit like that.
>>
>>43447321

>filesystem on a phone
>calls other autistic

Top jej son time to get in the real world
>>
>>43447341
>>43447367

They're right. Most people just don't care for the potential of android phones. Have other shit to worry/care about.

I mean I had android phones and messed around with it but at the end of the day, who really gives a fuck.
>>
>>43446927
>Zerolemon
>not bigger at all...
>2x the size
>today on /g/
>>
>>43447382
This. I messed around with custom roms and kernels, its such an autistic hassle. i had no life back then.

>>43447424
i was being sarcastic you autist
>>
>>43447433
>calling others autist
>owning Zero Lemon
>>
>>43447481
>>owning Zero Lemon
i don't. im the faggot complaining about it being too big
>>
>>43447496
Why than not greentext:
>pic related: MUH ZERO LEMON
??
Its like your first day on 4chan, is it anon?
>>
>>43447516
>not understand the usage of "MUH"
it's like you're just too incomptetent to understand slang
>>
>>43447516
Because he's not quoting anyone retard
>>
>>43439800
I wouldn't. My iPhone was used by a family member and given to me when they upgraded.
>why would you pay for a phone
>>
>>43447516
>not knowing what greentext is for
>>
>>43447523
>MUH is the indication for sarcasm
>>43447526
>greentext is for quoting someone
>>43447536
>not knowing what greentext is for

/g/ it hurt myself to see all this summer
>>
>>43447562
>>MUH is the indication for sarcasm
no it's not, but it's fucking sarcastic. do you use "muh" always in a serious matter? no you fucking not you do it when talking about retarded shit. i cant explain it to you. and what the fuck are you talking about with summer you faggot, you're the fucking newfag trying hard to fit in you fucking tool. this place isn't what it used to be, it's like going into a fucking gaybar and joking and complaining about all the gays. you're the fucking retarded one.
>>
File: iOS 8.jpg (288 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
iOS 8.jpg
288 KB, 1600x1200
>YFW iPhone 6 will come with 2,100 mAh and iOS 8 will be such a beaut

Get #wrekd Andrones.
>>
>>43447616
sign me the fuck up

hopefully they will make the bezels looks nice.
>>
>>43447616
And it will still be 4 inches. No thanks.
>>
>>43447616
will it look like the leaks? because then it will look fucking horrible, like a galaxy S3
>>
File: 1372001660671.gif (629 KB, 300x186) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1372001660671.gif
629 KB, 300x186
>>43447593
>i cant explain it to you
Exactly, cause you're wrong

>and what the fuck are you talking about with summer you faggot, you're the fucking newfag trying hard to fit in you fucking tool. this place isn't what it used to be, it's like going into a fucking gaybar and joking and complaining about all the gays. you're the fucking retarded one.

Wow, wow, wow, don't kill me Navy seal ples
>>
>>43447645
4.7 Inch to be correct.
>>
>>43447655
>Exactly, cause you're wrong
no I'm not. "muh" is sarcastic end of story faggot. you dont use it in a serious matter.
>>
>>43447661
Won't that be too large for apple fags though? That's a pretty big jump.
>>
>>43447669
>sarcasm can't be serious
>Muh explanation is right
>>
>>43447616
EW iOS 7

EWWWW
>>
>>43447687
but thats the fucking definition of sarcasm. if i say "muh zerolemon" then i dont really have it or dont like it or whatever.
>>
>>43447698
Does it mean when I say "Muh Freedoms" they dont exists or I dont have them? Interesting, Anon, really.
>>
>>43446633
What media player is that?
>>
>>43447698
>Muh definition of sarcasm

Seriously faggot learn to greentext before coming here, back to 9gag
>>
>>43446544
Looks ok, but you're still a giant moronic faggot for buying an idevice
>>
File: IMG_0021.jpg (2 MB, 1936x2592) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_0021.jpg
2 MB, 1936x2592
>>43447698
muh food
>>
>>43439800
Because iOS > Android
iOS does everything I need out of a phone, and it integrates with my desktop and laptop.
Anything Android can do that iOS can't is already able to be done on my tablet.
>>
>>43439800
>Why would you ever buy and IPhone?
>Buy and iPhone
>and
>Why would you ever buy?
I buy because I need stuff. Or I want something that is luxurious.

>Why would you ever iPhone?
Uhh... I don't know what you mean by this. Are you asking why I have an iPhone?
>>
>>43448524
You bought into a Mac desktop? I feel bad for you actually.
>>
>>43448570
I have other desktops too, I just like the iMac's form factor.
>>
Someone that does tech work or wants a technically capable phone should not get an iphone. Android makes my life much easier because it is much more dev and sysadmin friendly.
>>
>>43439800
The iPod touch for 200€ is a nice deal
>>
>>43439939
if you're getting it as a status of symbol of society you should get an expensive watch instead
As a tech device, its a piece of locked down shit
>>
>>43448570
OS X is objectively the best, and OS X runs best on Macs.
>>
>>43445902
The m8 is probably the best phone on the market currently.

The only problem with it is the camera.
>>
>>43447616
>2,100
>2014

It'll still probably die before noon like the current iphones.
>>
>>43449845
iDevices have great battery life though
>>
>>43449804
Does anyone that's not Samsung or apple do decent cameras? The g3s is weak too.
>>
>>43449919
For the first year maybe.
>>
>>43449980
And that's when you replace the battery
>>
>>43442297
>tools lie on the Google play store,

You've never been on Cydia then, have you?

You clearly don't realize that most of the tools you are referring to are only available when you root, similar to how most tools on iOS are only available once you jailbreak.

Android is not productive. I shouldn't have to be a software programmer to use a phone. It should just work and do things. And it does, just as well as iOS does.

People want iPhones because it is a recognizable name. Normal people don't go about saying they want an HTC One M8, they say they want an iPhone. And the ones that do want the M8 or an S5 don't even know the difference between the 2 or that it even runs Android or what Android is. I have had numerous people ask what it is. Then ask what an iPhone is. Normal people do not know the difference between Android or iOS. They don't even care. That's not low IQ and children, that's the people that just want to get shit done, not piss about trying SSH into a Linux shitbox in their mom's basement.
>>
>>43439939
>implying every grandma and soccer mom doesn't have an iphone by now
ultra pleb detected
>>
>>43450156
>grandmas and soccer moms
>poor
>>
>>43450003
Yes lets just pry the phone open and do that. Oh wait 99.9% of people can't handle that. I'll stick to my android with a removable battery thanks. No need to over complicate simple shit like that.
>>
>>43450533
>implying there aren't stores all over that do this for you
>>
>>43450554
> Paying money to change your battery

It's sad fuckers can make a living off something like that.
>>
>>43450589
>running apps in a vm
There are downsides to iOS and Android devices
>>
>>43439939
>implying my Note3 isnt 100$ more expensive
>>
>>43443038

On Android, you can tap, then tap again and hold your finger down and drag it up or down for precise zooming. It makes one handed zooming really nice.
>>
>>43439800
Would never buy one, but the one i'm currently using I got for free from a co-worker after my android got pooped on.
>>
>>43439800
I've always used iPhones since the 3GS (before that, assorted feature phones). I, however, did try Android recently.

Could I do more on Android? Yes. For example, I could install a Debian chroot and get fuck around in the CLI and SSH into my server.

However, want to know where I can also do that exact same shit a lot faster since I won't be dealing with a tiny touchscreen keyboard? My laptop.

All I really need/want a phone for is for calls and text and listening to music, reading news and maybe browsing 4chan or some other timesink site if I'm really bored.

Also, whoever designed the lock screen media control screen for Jelly Bean should be fucking shot. 90% of album art looks like ass when only the middle third is visible.
>>
>>43452468
this
>>
You Wouldn't Download OSX
>>
>>43446245

What the fuck? Is this real? My Nexus 5 gets at least 7 hours of screen-on time with 4.4.2
>>
iPhone 6 will be super ugly
>>
File: 1406323716374s.jpg (2 KB, 102x125) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1406323716374s.jpg
2 KB, 102x125
>>43439800
i know a guy who have iphone 5s ready to sell for half its price new .
i dont know if i should get it or not .
i heard that itunes requires from you a visa to fucking sign up nd i am not ready for this kind of bullshit is it true or not ?
if its true does jailbreaking makes me install apps like android using apk file i
dont now what its called on iphone .

can someone tell me how it werks . i know i sound like a complete idiot but i have no experience
>>
>>43445633
try saying that using iOS 7 on an iPhone 4

shit lags like hell
>>
>>43454224
I have an iPhone 4 with iOS 7. It is true that iOS 7.0 lagged a lot, but 7.1 fixed that completely.
>>
>>43446245
>using a non-sans font on a phone
>1983
>>
File: 1405512508226.png (9 KB, 405x344) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1405512508226.png
9 KB, 405x344
>>43446245
>4k resolution on a fucking brick phone . while fucking current high end laptops have 1366x768 resolution
fuck technology

>>43454183
also intrested in this
>>
>>43454349
Laptops have more important things to use battery on than placebo ppi.
>>
File: 1395450193091.jpg (26 KB, 500x581) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1395450193091.jpg
26 KB, 500x581
The fact that /g/ has to make a brand-specific hate thread just tells you how willing retards are to bandwagon so they can feel good about themselves

The fact that /g/ has to make a thread just to tell each other how much they don't like Apple tells you how shit this board is
>>
I thought I'd buy an early-model iPhone because the price must've plummeted by now. Turns out a moto g was still cheaper.
>>
>>43454468
i know right never got my hands on iphone before . but i think its better than lagdroid currently usin [spoiler]symbian[/spoiler]
>>
>>43454183
I second his questions. I'm also thinking about getting an iphone since my current phone is old laggy andriond piece of shit and I want something that works.Soo..
Seriously what is with this visa cards requirement?
When I download a whole albums of mp3's can I just shove all that in there via itunes? (Also do I have to jaibreak for this?)
If not iphone, what phone would you guys get these days? Price doen't really matter atm
>>
File: 1405988970806.gif (3 MB, 335x336) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1405988970806.gif
3 MB, 335x336
>>43439800
>ilag
>>
>>43455054
get z2, m8 ,g3 or even g2. Or you can wait for iphone 6 and other flagship
>>
>>43454371
>hating on shit-tier things
oh wow
>>
Because of on the spot replacement.

I made the mistake of getting a lumia 920.

Fucking 2 years on and WP8.1 STILL isn't released for it.

Why the fuck do I have to wait for carriers to release the update? Why can't I just get it straight from Microsoft/Nokia like apple does?

Oh and there's not even a fucking forward button the browser still, I have to use a 3rd party app (which crashes and displays sites like shit constantly because it's still built on IE).

I'm paying exactly the same price per month for the lumia as I would be an iphone.

Windows phone is still at least 2 major updates behind other phone OS's.

Android looks ugly as fuck.

Will be getting a iPhone 6 when they come out (which will probably before I get 8.1) as my plan will be expiring then.
>>
>>43455684
>Android looks ugly as fuck.
What? Android can look however the fuck you want it. Literally every part of the OS that you see can be changed in various ways. Pretty ignorant statement on your part.
>>
>>43454363

Like not fitting more than 10 lines of a document/website onto the screen at one time?
>>
>>43455706

>implying this will ever look anything other than pig-disgusting
>>
>>43454349
lel its not 4k resolution
>>
>>43455740
Install nova launcher, hide status bar or use Xposed framework modules (require root) to customize it and switch to a better looking SMS app because there are many high quality ones
>>
>>43455785

>needing to do all of that because the factory OS is so disgusting
>implying this is any different to needing to install a 3rd party browser on windows phone because IE is so shit
>>
>>43455740
you can change to any sms app you want
>>
>>43455844
1. Android Kitkat doesn't look disgusting IMO
2. It really isn't that much. It takes like 30 secs to install Nova launcher and an SMS app it's extremely easy to customize
3. Not liking the look of a fully customizable OS is a bit different than having issues with the browser that comes with one.
>>
>>43455847

>guise android is gud. provided you change everything about it to make it not shit.
>>
>>43454183
>>43455054
You don't fucking need a VISA card, you can skip that part completely.

>l2google
>>
File: 1404103428970.jpg (271 KB, 1000x710) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1404103428970.jpg
271 KB, 1000x710
>>43456116
>more customization is bad
you can't change shit on iphone doesn't mean it's not pig disgusting like it's users
>>
>>43455054
>>43454183

It's the FIRST FUCKING RESULT on Google.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2534
>>
>>43455595
>implying that's not just a video playing on the phone
>>
File: 1401694131228.jpg (19 KB, 324x410) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1401694131228.jpg
19 KB, 324x410
>>43458379
>in-denial
>>
>>43458408
I honestly don't believe that video. I used iOS 7 for a long time and never experienced anything like that, nor have any other iOS 7 devices I've used.
>>
>>43458441
>anecdotal
well i used a 5 last year and honestly its smooth but sometimes it lags. Not the kind of lag at the gif.

Also maybe you never used the early iOS 7?
>>
>>43446245
If only G3 had 3GB ram for the 16gb model as well. Instabuy.
But like this? Into the trash it goes.
Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 28
Thread DB ID: 8520



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.