[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT - Going for the one edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 34

File: gfto.jpg (51KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
gfto.jpg
51KB, 300x300px
Starting new bread cause the last one is near max
>>
File: fug.jpg (118KB, 1200x672px) Image search: [Google]
fug.jpg
118KB, 1200x672px
Anyone know anything about working out of asymmetry? My right side is stronger than my left almost everywhere?

Also what are the best bicep workouts that I can put in my PPL split?
>>
How many bicep and tricep exercises do you do when you work arms and what specifically do you do?
>>
I live in a town where the nearest gym is 2 hours away.

I can afford to buy dumbells and of the like. What should I purchase to do at my own home in order to get at least a decent workout? And what kind of workouts should I be doing?
>>
>>41629077
tri:
3x15 pull downs
3x10 dips

bi:
4x10 inner grip curls
4x10 outer grip curls
3x10 dumbbell curls (I do these if I don't do one of my other pull exercises)
>>
I've been doing a brosplit for 5 months and I've made changes (almost out of skelly) but now feel like I've hit a wall.

Can someone recommend an upper lower split routine, or just any tips
>>
>>41629338
How much are you eating?
>>
File: 20170530_181320.jpg (3MB, 2449x3265px) Image search: [Google]
20170530_181320.jpg
3MB, 2449x3265px
I'm 18 in Skelly mode, I'm 5'9" and weigh 128 lbs. I'm extremely new to the fitness scene, as you can tell.
-What's a good diet for me? I need around 2,400 calories to gain a pound a week, and 1,900 calories to maintain my weight. I want to make my arms a little bigger so my profile doesn't look like shit.
-What should I eat?
-What are good calisthenics routines to get into otter mode or the like? I'd like to be lean but with a bit more size overall.
-Does that mean I should bulk first then train?
Sorry for the many questions but I'm just way too new and stupid about those so if any fitness exp. Could help me I would appreciate it greatly.
>>
>>41629621
read the sticky
>>
File: 12to15.jpg (279KB, 596x614px) Image search: [Google]
12to15.jpg
279KB, 596x614px
Any experience with, or thoughts on, 50pullups.com?
>>
Getting 170g of protein in a single day seems like an impossible task. Do people really eat 1g/lb?
>>
>>41627541
I felt like this when I started as well. It sorted itself out a bit just doing barbell exercises.
>>
>>41629820
A pound of chicken breast is 100g for ~500 calories. Pretty easy from there.
>>
I have knee pain whenever I do lunges, and sometimes with squats. Any suggestions to help save me knees in the long run? Such as stretches or supplements
>>
>>41629851
Is there anything else that comes close? I love chicken but a pound of chicken breast is literally an entire day's food budget where I currently live.
>>
>>41629928
If money is the concern, that's a completely valid problem. Can you afford protein powder? There's low-fat low-carb greek yoghurts and cheeses that could help you out. Egg whites are an option too. It's pretty hard to get massive amounts of protein without lots of animal products.
>>
>>41629973
I'll look into the powder. It's not so much that animal products are expensive, it's just meat from chicken that is disproportionately expensive for some reason.
>>
Best way to avoid eating due to stress? Somehow I convince myself that I'll be able to energize my way through the day by eating but it usually does the opposite.
>>
>>41627504
Anyone have anything on heavy vascularity in chest? I don't even take preworkout supplements, and they're not varicose, but they legit cover my entire chest and it looks kind of weird. Don't have any pictures of it but imagine your chest looking like your forearm. Do I stop doing 200 pushups a day, or is this a good thing?
>>
How often should I aim to increase to weight of my lifts if im just trying to build muscle?
>>
>at gym this morning - I train then because it's quiet and i hate when it's busy because everything takes 100 times longer
>doing 5 sets of 50kg db farmers walk, same thing I do at end of every session
>i do my fw in area some people use to stretch, do lunges, always make sure it's clear so i have room
>finish 4th set, rest for 2 mins, about to do 5th set when young grill PT and her fat 30s wife client set up to do lunges 1 fucking metre in front of me, they dont say anything
>sperg out
>"excuse me, cant you see im here, wait your fucking turn or ask to work in, dont just fucking set up in front of me"
>they say nothing
>do my set but now im angry and they ruined my workout
>feel like smashing the mirrors
>walk out so angry

i overreacted, but i had a right to be angry eh, stupid fucking pts act like they own the place and dont even have the courtesy to ask how many sets you have left or if they can work in - there as no room for them to do their lunges.
>>
>>41627504
how much should I be lifting before I join a powerlifting gym so I don't look like a fairy faggot
>>
>>41629126
Get a pullup bar and look up calisthenic routines
>>
>>41629621
>Does that mean I should bulk first then train?

no, train first for a couple of week till you get your form sorted and the doms are gone, then start to add 100kcal to your intake, over time you will add more and more, should keep you lean as well as add body mass.

>What are good calisthenics routines to get into otter mode or the like? I'd like to be lean but with a bit more size overall.

check out /bwg/ and the foundation program, i would recommend lifting weights and doing bw exersizes as accessories ( pullups and chins for bi's and back, dips for chest and tri's, pike pushups for shoulders etc.)

>>41630321
im pretty sure people train at 75-85% of their 1rm to get optimum results, so i guess when thats too easy just test your max and see where your working sets should be.

>>41630382
just join, don't ego lift and ask for help if you need it. everyone will be willing to help you reach your goals, and knowing powerlifters, they love to show their knowledge on what you should do.
>>
HIGH VIBRATION GO OOOOOONNNNN
>>
>>41630523
LIKE THE TIME I RAN AWAY
>>
How long/how much should I bulk before starting a cut?
>>
>>41630643
bulk to 18-20%, cut down to 11-13%. repeat.

>>41630050
It's not helpful advice but you just need to stop, cold turkey. The cravings will be bad but grazing is a horrible habit and adds up fast. Occupy the stress eating with anything else: coffee, ice water, sparkling water, jumping jacks, stress toy: ANYTHING else

>>41630034
Powder is the cheapest protein gets, depending on where you live. If they ship it to your area, try MyProtein. The flavors suck and it mixes like shit., but it can be as low as like 30 cents a scoop which is crazy.
>>
File: spierpijn.jpg (916KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
spierpijn.jpg
916KB, 1920x1080px
>>41627504
What does /fit/ think about doing a single compound lift per day and then doing cardio? I wanna lose weight but I don't want to lose strength. For example
>I go in, I flat and incline bench, then hop on the treadmill for some HIIT.
>day 2, I deadlift then HIIT
>day 3 cleans and HIIT
>day 4 squats and HIIT
>day 5 OHP and HIIT
tossing in some pullups/chinups here and there
thoughts?
>>
>>41629820
actually the 1g/lb thing is a myth and has more-or-less been disproven. Bodybuilders showed no visible advantage or muscle growth with any amount of protein above 0.8g/lb, and these are bodybuilders we're talking about. Most average lifters don't need more than 1g per pound of lean body mass, so around 120-150 depending on your body.

>>41629700
if you can already do multiple sets of 6-8 pullups in a row you should be doing isolation exercises.

>>41629126
if you can afford it and if you have room, get a power rack and keep an eye out for used weights.
>>
>>41632420
There's no point and you shouldn't do both every single day. If you can get multiple exercises in a single day that won't impact your next workout, why not just do them on the same day? Plus, it'll give you more energy on your off days to do HIIT if you insist on doing that.
>>
File: 1313795039133.png (9KB, 459x377px) Image search: [Google]
1313795039133.png
9KB, 459x377px
hey /fit/

so, long-story short I'm a semi-recovered fatty who has been yo-yo-ing between 172 and 180 for the last year. Mainly due to repeated failure to keep up diet and job. I finally have a stable income and schedule and have gotten back on track of regular lifting and diet.

But that being said, I've basically been doing SS this whole time, losing gains and restarting them over and over again. I've added on a couple accessory exercises but I'm still probably about 15 pounds from my goal weight.

...what do I do at this point? My lifts are all pretty mediocre (210 squat, 225 dead, 85 press, 105 power clean, 115 bench) and I feel like switching to another program is pointless since I don't have good strength yet.
>>
Can I gain muscle from bodyweight, I cant use weights until my bulged disc heals.
>>
File: driver.png (203KB, 1242x572px) Image search: [Google]
driver.png
203KB, 1242x572px
Just started SL last friday.

Is it bad to use a tempo for the lifts? I know it's about strength but I've messed around with lots of stuff and gotten stronger but not bigger. Would it be a waste to use a tempo?

I usually use a 2-1-2 tempo. 2 second eccentric, pause at top/bottom then 2 second concentric. I do this for squats, bench press, overhead press. I only do a tempo for the eccentric part of the barbell row and no tempo for deadlifts except a pause at the top.

tl;dr: Is using a tempo affecting gains in SL program?
>>
>>41632518
GSLP + RECOMP
>>
File: creatine.jpg (18KB, 258x450px) Image search: [Google]
creatine.jpg
18KB, 258x450px
creatine - before or after the workout? I can't find any compelling evidence either way
>>
>>41632692
I've still got 15 llbs to lose though

and what's GSLP?
>>
>>41632696
...why would you ever take it after a workout?
>>
my hips are all janked up.

the best way to describe it would be it feels like my right side of my lower body is pulled back while my left side is pulled forward.

should i be trying to pull the left leg back or the right leg forward? if so, how so?
>>
>>41632733

It really doesn't matter, creatine isn't something that you intake and BAM LETS LIFT THIS SHIT LIGHTWEIGHT BAAABBBBYYYYYYY, its more something you have to take consistently over a period of time to actually work. I take mine after a workout just because I put it in my shake.

I fell for the anabolic window meme and just never got out of it I guess.
>>
>>41632457
Im mainly looking to lose weight, but I don't want to lose my progress on these lifts.
>>
>>41627504
Awaken was a good song desu, rest of the album was meh

didn't get the cover either, who's the naked homo?
>>
File: 1470012140811.gif (1012KB, 308x225px) Image search: [Google]
1470012140811.gif
1012KB, 308x225px
red pill me on accutane boys
>>
This might be a long shot, I'll try anyway:
I want to thank the friendly anon that recommended Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation (RICE) to me like a week ago. I had injured myself by dumbbell curling incorrectly and was having tendonitis pain for 2-3 weeks.

Thanks to your advice I was able to recover within 2 to 4 days. Thank you!
>>
Which is a better split for most gains, UL or PPL and why?
>>
hey /fit/, I went from 105kg to 73kg in one year of dieting, I'm 170cm, 73Kg with 16% bf, I've been doing 90 pushups, 90 squats, 90 sit ups and 30 pull ups a day and also 8km of fast walking for 1 month now but I can't seem to find the motivation to go to the gym because I'm a lazy fuck

Can you give me some inspo on how I can get in 2/3 months of gym regime so I can feel motivated?
>>
Wrist pain during barbell curls. Form check?
>>
How is the anabolic window anything other than a meme? It takes your body hours to process the protein in your food into muscle, and if the 30 minute window does real then the muscles worked out at the start of your day are getting fuck all. Exaplin?
>>
>>41633961
>90 pushups, 90 squats, 90 sit ups and 30 pull ups a day
>a day
Why not every other day to allow the muscles to frow?
Also, once your gym time has become routine you'll find it much easier.
>>
When i'm in bench position, my left shoulder hurts. It's been like that for a while now, something to do with joint? Should i press on or avoid bench?
>>
I'm around 150 lbs. I'm consuming around 110g protein a day. Do you think this is enough? I'm seeing so many conflicting things here
>>
Why does everyone here say you can't get fit if you're a vegan? Is it just protein and creatine?
>>
>>41634220
Take a break from benching for a week and try again. If it's not improved completely, take a month off. If that doesn't fix it maybe see a physio or drop the benching.
>>
>>41632684
If you'rejust beginning, there's nothing wrong with it, but as the weights you're lifting get heavier, those tempos are going to become unviable to maintain
>>
>>41634196
I do it 6 days a week, I wrote it wrong, my apologies
>>
It feels like my left shoulder is weaker than the right. I've only just noticed it properly. No pain or other stress, but I just failed out my dumbell overhead press 3 reps earlier than usual because my left shoulder gave. It actually buckled under the weight, whereas my right was fine. Last session with dumbell OHP I did think it was slightly weak, but not to the same extent.

Is this uneven muscle development or the beginning or an injury?
>>
>>41634269
Not much better, try doing it every other day (3/4 days per week for each muscle max) or splitting it up and see how you gain. But since your main goal is losing weight you can do cardio every day.
>>
>>41634281
I'll try, thanks for the advice
>>
>>41630523
>>41630598
>here round about in jojo
>here long distance runaround, southside of the sky and seen good people play at work constantly
>get reccomended closer to the edge by manager
>now this

Yes is taking over my life and i love it
>>
>>41629820
>>41629973
>low-fat low-carb greek yoghurts
This. 90g of protein for around €2.50.
>>
>>41634243
Vegans can't really get the full amino acid profile + essential fatty acids needed and have a hell of a time getting enough protein.
>>
>>41634350
Aren't foods like quinoa complete proteins? And how much protein is really needed? It isn't too difficult to get 150g without animal products
>>
File: 1487139839700.jpg (10KB, 252x244px) Image search: [Google]
1487139839700.jpg
10KB, 252x244px
If I miss my daily protein for this day, can I catch up the next day with a surplus on protein?
>>
File: 1492742827126.png (30KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1492742827126.png
30KB, 650x650px
>>41634370
Lol idk man I'm just a slav memelord fuck
>>
>>41634375
I'd say yes.
You gotta have a broader outlook and count your weekly calories/macros, not daily.
>>
>>41634370
>It isn't too difficult to get 150g without animal products
Really? How so? Honestly curious.
>>41634375
Nah, just stick to your usual routine. The unused protein will only be stored as fat and one day is not going to make a difference. Do you get fat from eating too much on one day only, or thin from eating less for a day?
>>
Is there anything wrong with doing pullups and dips every second pause I take from squats? Will I get the same results as someone who does them separately?
>>
>>41634383
>Do you get fat from eating too much on one day only, or thin from eating less for a day?
No but my autism for my macros affects my confidence for my next lift

>>41634382
Isn't there a limit to how much protein a person can process in 24 hours?
>>
>>41634404
I guess, but the body is capable of A LOT.
Lift hard, eat hard, get big.
>>
I'm 6'2, 200 lbs, and I thibknk I look dyel, at what weight would someone of my height be considered big when lean? Been wondering for a while.
>>
>>41627504
Is it stupid to try to cut on just chicken breast and protein shakes? My shakes have peanut butter, banana, and oats too, so it's not like I'm missing out on fats and carbs entirely. I also take a multivitamin and a few other supps to help make up for any dietary deficiencies.
>>
Anyone ever had hernia repair surgery? My mom had one yesterday, and it was minor but it wasn't keyhole surgery so it hurts more. Hurts a lot to move.

How long does it take for the pain to subside significantly? Not nice watching her struggle :(
>>
I'm about 130-135 lbs and I feel fat every time I try to get a bit bigger and end up cutting as soon as my belly starts to stick out, but my arms still look like sticks, I find it very hard to put on muscle. Is this normal? How do I overcome this?
>>
>>41634433
Try have some veggies at least, they're low calorie and have fiber (which you'll miss if you only eat protein shakes and chicken breast, and constipation on a cut feels horrible).
>>
>>41634433
eat 500g of vegetables every single day anon
>>
>>41634449
My girlfriens has had two back surgeries because of hernias, gimme a sec, I'll ask her
>>
>>41634495
She told me her scars started to hurt less after a month, and back pain diminished after half a year, after her first surgery. The second one wasn't as bad; scars stopped hurting as bad after 2/3 weeks, and back pain was less after 3 months. But it never went away completely. It's been two years now.
>>
if im infantry will I lose all my gains out in the field? is it even worth lifting
>>
>>41634526
Also, she started coming to the gym with me in december, and made some decent progress. From not being able to run on a treadmill for longer than 10 minutes without her back killing her, to squatting 40 kgs for reps, and being able to do pull ups afterwards.
>>
>>41634395
Pls respond
>>
>>41634536
i wanna know this too
>>
>>41634526
>>41634541
Thanks anon. Wishing her back a full recovery
>>
>>41634542
Nah dude, might fatigue you a bit more, which might cost you a rep or two on the squats, but if you feel like you've had a good workout at the end of your training session, what's the problem?
>>
>>41634383
A brick of extra firm tofu can have up to 80g protein. A cup of cooked lentils can have like 20g, chick peas and various other beans are in that same range. Nuts and seeds don't have as much, but there is still some, a cup of pumpkin seeds has 12g. Soy milk is similar to cow's milk macro-wise. Pasta is also a pretty decent source. There are inexpensive vegan protein powders, too.
>>
>>41627504
if you could halve your lifts to double your aesthetics, would you?
>>
sup lads

Doing SS right now, but I'm having problems with my weekly schedule.
My plan is to go lift Thu/Mon/Sat. Like that I'm alternating lifting/resting days, I can go to rugby practice on Wednesday without pre-fatiguing myself by lifting and it fits well with my schedule for university.
The problem is, I'm not an antisocial shut-in, so I usually get some drinks friday night. Which usually turns into 15 beers or more, and there's just no way I can go lift on saturday at noon. (gym closes 2PM).

What should I do?
>Just try to stick to this schedule as good I can and end up with only 2 lifting sessions per week most of the time?
>Move the Saturday lifting to friday - giving me two consecutive lifting days? (Mon/Thu/Fri): And extra day lifting, a rest day missing
>Move the whole schedule to Sun/Tue/Thu - which sucks for my uni schedule and only works if I don't have game on Sunday. (And I don't drink saturday night)
>Move it to Mon/Wed/Fri - I'd have to lift Wednesday morning which sucks and I would be pre-fatigued for rugby in the evening.
What seems like the best option?
>>
May I ask for a form check?
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5-dE9H7ISK3eEIQ48oARl_Sk5e_npKtE
>>
>>41634764
Can I regain my strength?
If not, no way.
Does it include FACE FRAME HEIGHT aesthetics?
If not, no way.

If yes to both, probably. It'd just throw me back a couple of months of training to become chad.
>>
>>41632518
Also fatty here. I've been doing a whole body routine too using compound lifts just like you for 4 months.

Then I switched to a brosplit and my lifts exploded. It's weird at first because going from the bench to butterflies makes your chest feel kill, but I think it's exactly this kind of attacking the muscle from all angles that did the trick.

Try brosplit.
>>
>>41634815
no, it halves your 1rm or potential 1rm,
your aesthetics double, subjective to you, it can include FFH
>>
>>41634560
I was afraid it would hurt my gains.
>>
>>41634772
lift twice a week and go hard on those days
>strength is an accessory to life, not the whole point of it
>>
File: 1495342064477.gif (765KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
1495342064477.gif
765KB, 500x367px
Is there a science to supersetting antagonist muscles? What's the benefit?

I'm currently supersetting OHP and chin ups on one day and bench press and chin ups on another.
>>
>>41634220
Maybe symptom of impingement syndome.

Make sure your arms are in a 90 degree angle to the floor when on lockout and try to touch right below your chest instead of going straight down. Also see if you grip too far apart.
>>
>>41634804
I was supposed to do Deadlift but I had no energy to complete even the first working set. The form was alright so I blame cutting.
>>
>>41634804
You're alright. Though the angle of the cam is really shit.

Try holding your head in a neutral position and move your eyes watching the floor instead of the neck like a chicken.
>>
Is it normal that my arms go to sleep after doing push ups? They start tingling like my foot does after sitting on it for too long.
Also: I feel buzzed (almost like I had a beer or two) after about 30 push ups, does that mean that I'm not getting enough air?
>>
I'm in a tricky position right now.

I've begun training 7 months ago, but i started to really care about my diet like 3 months ago. I've gained some mass and i'm stronger than i was but now i'm ultra skinnyfat. Should i fuck aesthetics and bulk through summer or maybe try to cut ?
>>
File: 8.png (254KB, 443x249px) Image search: [Google]
8.png
254KB, 443x249px
Any antatomy experts know what this bit of the elbow/tricep is called? keeps giving me pain during chinups

I think it might be called the Anconeus muscle or Lateral epicondyle
but seems too low when I see a diagram
>>
>>41634898
hm. Let's say my potential maximum is 2/3/4/5.
Halving that would put me at 50/70/90/110 kg. 1RM. Those are skinnyfat dyel tier lifts.
The quality of life improvements I would get from higher lifts/strength far outweigh the advantage of being "aesthetic". Fucking lots of thots isn't really worth being a weak ass faggot.

I think with a different ratio I'd do it. Something like lose 1/4 of my strength and become 1.5x or even only 1.25x more aesthetic.
>>
>>41634455
pls responf
>>
>>41635102
the bony protuberance of your upper arm bone (humerus) is called the lateral epicondyle,

the line in this guys arm is made by a part of the triceps muscle, but the tricep connects to the ulna

the aconeus muscle is more to the back of the arm and situated a bit lower
>>
>>41635131
how would it improve your life hugely past being able to easyily hold up your end of a couch? (ie. not more than skinnyfat lifts)
>>
>>41635132
you simply have to get over "muh abs".
Unless you're a girl or a dwarf you really need to gain weight anyways.

Do a proper routine, eat a lot of good food and stick to it for a few months at least. You have to think long-term.

And every normal human beings belly "sticks out" unless they have perfect posture, flex and suck it in.

Just stop being a faggot.
>>
>>41634455
>>41635132
yes, this is normal.
you're skinny fat.
which means you have high relative body fat, little muscle, but you're not overweight.

if you eat well and train for a decent amount of time, you'll build enough muscle that you won't notice the little belly fat.
it's also hard to lose that last belly fat if you don't have much muscle and train well.
>>
>>41635079

Something wrong with your blood pressure or weak circulation...

>>41635093
>but now i'm ultra skinnyfat.

You are doing something very, very wrong.
Lift Hard, drop sugar and white flour products from you diet
>>
Is this stupid?

Push, pull, leg, cardio, push, core/cardio, rest
>>
>>41635260
probably not a great idea to push twice as much as you pull.
>>
How is oatmeal good for cutting if it's filled with carbs?
>>
>>41635337
complex carbs and fibre make you feel fuller longer
something something glyceamic index aswell

just dont add wholemilk, pb, etc
>>
>>41635337
you people are causing me great pain
>>
File: Aaaaaa.jpg (32KB, 453x604px) Image search: [Google]
Aaaaaa.jpg
32KB, 453x604px
What is the perfect number of sets per muscle in PPL? For example I'm doing 4x db bench, 3x db incline and 4x cable crossovers for chest.
>>
>>41635373
depends on the person and their situation.
>>
Are hack squats a good alternative for back squats?
>>
>>41635421
that name is used for machine squats and behind-the-back deadlifts.
which one do you mean?
>>
Grip started to bottleneck my deadlifts. I can do 3pl8 until it starts to slip.

Do I compensate for that through straps or through routine change? I'd like to hit a 200kg(4.5pl8) dead one day.
>>
>>41635528
chalk and hookgrip.
straps are also fine.

do your warmup sets double overhand.
>>
File: retarded french nips.jpg (181KB, 500x720px) Image search: [Google]
retarded french nips.jpg
181KB, 500x720px
How the fuck do i fix this shitty imbalance (if someone is blind, my left pec nip is much higher than my right one)It only appeared after i started working out. Yes I know i have gyno and thats why i almost only train my upper chest (except for when i traditionally bench press) so i can kinda make it look smaller
>>
Is there a difference between doing lat raises with dumbbells and a machine?
>>
>>41635588
more weight on one side of the bar when you bench press.
>>
>>41635157
>>41635183
Thanks lads. I don't think I'm skinnyfat so much as just skinny, but I dread becoming skinnyfat so I want to stay lean but build muscle too. Guess it's not possible.

I'm not a girl obv, I post on 4chan. I'm 5'10.
>>
>>41634186
Anyone?
>>
Is it okay to drink cranberry juice when cutting?
>>
>>41635079
You may lack magnesium. Try magnesium citrate.
>>
>>41635612
Lel, but even if. Which one? Which one is the undeveloped one the one higher or the one lower?
>>
>>41635703
Any juice is basically sugarwater.
>>
Guys my lower back keeps fking me over when I squat and deadlift, it's weak as fk and strains when I do these exercises so taking forever to improve.

I want to strengthen my lower back, should I just chill on squats and focus on deadlifts gradually increasing the weight until my lower back is okay?
>>
>>41635761
Attack lower back with hyperextensions
>>
>>41635413
What would be a good average? For an intermediate lifter focusing on aesthetics
>>
File: IMG_0427.jpg (133KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0427.jpg
133KB, 640x640px
Anybody got a link to that big imgur /fit/ cooking recipes thing? In return I give you a fit grill
>>
Is it cool to do a few laps in a pool on my off days?
>>
>>41634186
>>41635622
It is a meme, but not entirely. It is true that protein after a workout can decrease recovery time, but it's usually within 5-6 hours after your workout, not 30 minutes.
>>
File: 1485235906552.jpg (741KB, 1259x1331px) Image search: [Google]
1485235906552.jpg
741KB, 1259x1331px
>>41634907
It feels good, it makes you get the reps in.
Nothing else matters.
>>
>>41629338
Check Candito's linear progression
>>
>>41635992
Why wouldn't it be?
Relax bro, it's not rocket surgery, your gainz ain't gonna evaporate. Have fun mothafucka
>>
>>41635956
http://imgur.com/a/5nbmA
>>
Is boxing a good enough form of cardio?

I like it enough to do before training- I'm an endomorph and hate running.
>>
What's the best excercise to build shoulder on someone who barely has definition/ mass on them?
>>
>>41636081

do it after lifting, not before
>>
>>41636092
Overhead press
Also 90% of all bodybuilders include lateral raises in their training, I just don't think it's necessary
>>
>CUTTING NOOB

so ive made some nice strength gains over the past few months and ive started my cut

I want to be at a 2000kj defecit each day
>do i count the calories i burn through cardio?
>e.g. i cycle for an hour and swim for an hour on my rest days = extra 4000kj burnt

halp
>>
>>41636029
Thanks fambo
>>
>>41636317
>>mfw i realize 2000 kJ ~= 478,000 calories
>>
>>41635819
take a look here
https://github.com/healplz/rp-notes/wiki/General-Training#mesocycle-design-for-hypertrophy
>>
>>41636531
its 478 food calories (kilocalories) dude
>>
>>41636092
overhead press, facepull/upright row hybrid, facepull, facepull/rear delt row hybrid, rear delt (cable) stuff.
>>
Can I poison myself with eggs in the long term? Since 4 days I started eating 5 hard boiled eggs a day. I've read about avidin in eggs interfering with the absorption of vitamin B1.
>>
Is there a way to get 30-60 mins of cardio with out the massive fatigue?

Can i get bulk while cutting fat?
>>
>>41636681
variety and moderation are very important in a good diet.
>>
are lateral dumbbell raises the hardest exercise or what
>>
>>41627504
Going to visit a gym today
>has no outside shoes rule
>visiting
what do
>bring gym shoes to wear but not lifting today
>look like autist
or
>wear work boots to gym
>look like douchebag
>>
>>41637027
or what
>>
I bought a protein powder online, it says one serving is 30 grams (1.5 scoop ) on the package and online but the actual scoop it came with has lines for 10,20,30,40 and 50. Are those supposed to be grams? Because in that case it wouldnt work would it? Am i retarded?
>>
>>41637091
just fill the scoop, disregard lines
>>
>>41637027
I don't know but I fucking hate them.
>>
>>41629928
>a pound of chicken breast costs me $2
God bless america
>>
What should I be eating before a workout?
>>
>>41637106
same, they're hard af
>>
>>41637067
probably not a bad idea to have decent shoes in your car/workbag if you have a job where you wear boots
>>
>>41637091
crazy idea, whey it
>>
>>41637148
is that a pun? i'd weigh it but i have no scales at home for that unfortunately, neither could i afford one.
>>41637101
thanks, hopefully that's correct
>>
>>41637027
HIIT feels like death/suffocation simulator2000

i dont find lat raises that terrible,
but it does make me feel like a weak baby huffing and puffing over dumbells that weigh next to nothing
>>
I still dont understand, if youre lean bulking and work out, lets say every other day, should you be eating a surplus daily or on training days?
>>
>>41637209
as long as you get your protein all days,
i dont think it matters too much.

Not for gaining anyways, its the total surplus that counts.

Eating more on training days might improve how well you preform or recover.

if youre still not convinced,
read up about the anabolic window and make up your mind if its a real thing or meme
>>
File: diet.png (29KB, 587x699px) Image search: [Google]
diet.png
29KB, 587x699px
Are you supposed to make strength gains on a cut?

I'm 6'2" ~180lbs and I bulked up to 190 during this school year, then decided to cut because I got too fat (I am still pretty small just was gaining too much fat because I ate too much at my college's dining hall) and I would rather start out being lean for bulking again this upcoming semester.

I'm getting more than enough protein in my diet (pic related) but I can't make any strength gains, and idk what i'm doing wrong

bench: 140 3x5
squat: ~190 3x5
press: 85 3x5
>>
>>41637302
what do you mean it's the total surplus that counts? Are you basically saying I should eat maintenance on rest days and above on training days or...? Sorry i'm being really slow today.
>>
>>41637621
anything you eat above maintanance, you will gain.
this doesnt have to be per day, per week, or even year.
Any surplus will go towards increased weight,
Regardless of how you space it out.

I dont know where you stand on protein absorption, (the memes and extreme beliefs are all over the place)
but you're probably better safe than sorry spacing that out instead of drinking a 9 scoop shake every 2 days.
>>
>>41637585
strength gains are hard/unlikely on a cut if you're past noobgains.

It's probably not impossible, just hard
>>
File: BZZZT.jpg (72KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
BZZZT.jpg
72KB, 800x600px
My lower back is killing me. What exercise(s) should I do to replace squats until it gets better?

I'm already doing back extensions but they're not helping much.

Also, any tips for back pain in general?
>>
In trying to improve my 3 mile run, but it feels like I'm gonna hurt myself with these shin splints. If I just stop running to heal I won't get any better. Any advice?
>>
>>41637835

google 'yoga cat pose'
freehangs
cardio
a decent matress/sleeping position
>>
>>41637879
improve cardio other ways
invest in good running shoes/advice when the splints are gone
>>
What are some good snacks?

You know, when you're just that little bit hungry but you don't want a full on meal?
>>
>Highly likely that my 3.5 year gf and I are going to break up soon.
>She pulled me from the brink of suicide in the beginning
>We are each other's first
>Beautiful, talented, super intelligent
>shit at communicating
What routine would you recommend for lifting away feels/making an ex jealous?
>Height:King of Manlets
>30in waist
>Weight: 155lbs
>Bodyfat:12%
>DYEL, lot of experience with body weight exercises, cross fit, some machines.
>>
If I mix my proteinshake (whey, casein, glucose and L-glutamine in milk) in the morning, store it in the fridge and drink it in the evening after working out, it will still be fine, right?
I have been doing this for years, but only recently someone told me the protein would disperse or some shit like that. This is bullshit, right? As far as I know, only creatine "disperses" in liquids over time.
If somebody happens to have a link to some kind of article about this I would be eternally grateful.
>>
>>41638007
why not just mix the ingredients but add the milk later?
>>
>>41638041
It's about saving time, nothing more really:
>mix shake during breakfast
>go to work
>get home from work and go to the gym
>after gym drink proteinshake

I don't like mixing it fresh, the proteinpowder does not quite mix 100% when doing it like that.
>>
What's an ideal weight for a 6' man?

I have barely any muscle or fat and weigh 155
>>
I have access to free weights but not a bar. Is doing squats with just free weights effective in anyway? should I do more reps than I would with a bar, or do the same amount?
>>
>>41637982
squatting till you puke
anaerobic cardio (HIIT for instance) until physical pain > emotional pain

carving out abdominals with cut/core work
biceps/pecs, but you probably know what she likes

Basically a disphoria fueled brosplit
>>
>>41638087
does it mix because of letting it sit in the fridge?
>>
>>41638087
Why would you drink a protein shake after a workout and not during it anyway? Sounds odd. Youre supposed to go like caffee as pre workout boost, whey shake with a little dextro intraworkout and normal, whole food post workout bro.

>>41638096
own height - 100 in kg and cm, 12 bf%
>>
Any fellow MS-bros here?

I take Copaxone/Glatirameracetat and this stuff needs to be injected subcutaneously. As a consequence I'm pretty sure there's a limit for leanness in terms of bf%. Does anyone have experience with this and can tell me how low approximately one can go before injecting gets unreasonably hard or impossible?
>>
I do stronglifts 5x5
So I haven't been to the gym in like four months. I went to the gym for about three months but due to work I missed enough workouts to where it was like I was going for about 2, I'm a weak boy.

The good thing is that I didn't gain much weight at all from when I worked out last,but last time I worked out I dropped to 3x5 because I got hard towards the end of when I went.

I have been able to get back to around where I left off in lifting because I didn't lift heavy when I ended, but my squats have gone down by about a third the weight.

I used to squat 145 (3x5) or so and now I can barely squat 100 5x5.

I work on my feet pushing carts at Walmart for about 8 hours a day on every day I don't work out, and when I squatted 95 5x5 four days ago I was barely able to walk, and I'm still sore.

My main question is whether I should take it easy on squats because those are the most difficult exercise and if I get super sore in the beginning I can barely walk at work, and I think my walking at work impairs my squatting ability on my days off.

Tl;dr help a weak boy with advice on whether I should focus more on my upper body on stronglifts because when I work squats I get so sore I have a hard time at work.
>>
>>41638108
Thanks, bro. But isn't everyone's workout dysphoria fueled?
>>
>>41638141
Also I forgot to post that I'm 6'1" and weigh about 175 lbs. I feel like I could squat around not too far from what I was before if I wasn't so sore from working out and work consecutively.
>>
>>41638136
You gotta be real fucking slim until you cant pinch skin between ur fingers properly

>>41637943
quark and banana mixed, add in juice soup to fill, eat with spoon
>>
>>41627504
For the last few weeks ive been drinking a tablespoon of apple cider vinigar diluted in a glass of water in the morning and before bed. Someone here said its supposed to be good for you (balance pH levels, cleanse liver, other shit). Is it true?
>>
>>41638141
Take ibuprofen the day after you squat for a few weeks until your body adjusts then you should be fine, or stay weak.
>>
>>41638113
It doesn't, but I like to drink it rather cold than warm.

>>41638126
It is ok to drink a shake after working out. I also eat food as well after working out. It has just become a habit to get my proteinshake after working out.
I think it has something to do with all this stuff about the "anabolic window" people kept telling me about when I was starting out. The habit of getting a shake after working out just stuck with me.
>>
>>41638187
I have been taking it the past couple of days, and I think that'll help a bit with it, but I guess I do just need to get used to squatting again to get up to the weight I was at.
>>
>>41638198
Absolutely, just get into a routine and the rest will take care of itself.
>>
>>41638193
then i don't get why you wouldn't just mix the milk with the powder after training.

ignore the other guy, almost everyone drinks their shake after training, not during.
>>
>>41638126
>own height - 100 in kg and cm, 12 bf%

What did he mean by this
>>
>>41638238
183cm - 100kg -> ideal weight of 83kg at 12% bf.
>>
>>41638253
I didn't realize he meant subtract there

Thanks anon
>>
>>41637835
stretch your legs, lower backs and glutes. had massive back pain and those stretches solved it
>>
>>41638193
Never did I say its not going to "work", as in move you towards your protein g/day goal easier, but having it post workout is less optimal compared to intra workout/pre workout.

>>41638237
Quite sure most people start sipping their shake before the workout has ended, seldom at home. I dont know what group of people you mean with everyone.

>>41638238
how thick can you guys be here?
>>
>>41638237
After working out, I want to get changed and get home. Bringing my shaker full of milk and some kind of container with my powder seems like more of a hassle then having it pre-mixed.
Back to my original question: Will the proteinpowder lose its effect or will it be fine? Thanks for serious answers.
>>
If anyone has not yet realised, this guy is either 100% autistic or trolling. I cant decide which.

>>41638324
>>41638324
>>41638324
>>
>>41638321
oh i sip from my shaker too, but it just contains water.

most people don't drink an actual protein shake during their workout.
(besides rich piana ofcourse)
>>
>>41638351
Why the fuck would you want to drink a protein shake after a workout? Literally choosing from pre, intra and post workout timings to drink it, post is definitely the worst.
>>
>>41638366
1/10 bait
>>
>>41638375
New lifters sure like their shakes rather than eating real food. Well, time teaches.
>>
>>41638381
this has nothing to do with anything of this...
>>
>>41638403
What the fuck do you think is the reason for drinking shakes then lmao
>>
>>41637585

If those numbers are kg's you're way past newbie gains and you'll be lucky to preserve strength on a cut. If those numbers are pounds you just need to lift heavier - sets of no more than 3 reps for as much weight as you can manage, try 8x3 on compounds and see if you don't make strength gains
>>
>>41638421
the posts are about protein timing, not protein source...
>>
Are eggs really bad for you? I've been eating 5 eggs a day for the past week and my mother told me it was unhealthy to eat that many eggs. Can somebody explain?
>>
>>41638435
You skipped the question, not intentionally im sure

also I already told you about the optimal timing, Im not the one trying to argue here. You asked a question and I answered how it is.
>>
>>41638450
i never asked a question, that was some other anon.
i answered his question.
>>
>>41627504

I'm 6'2 and ~200 pounds but I still don't look even remotely big. Problem is i've been lifting for a few yrs my stats are:

225x5 bench
305x5 squat
~450 deadlift.

How do I combat this? My wingspan is also like 6'4 lol so there's that. Do any other lanky bros have the same issue? Is the only option to roid
>>
File: 1463218121369.gif (2MB, 203x151px) Image search: [Google]
1463218121369.gif
2MB, 203x151px
I feel a stiffness and popping in my left shoulder when doing lateral raises, i've tried a bunch of different forms to make it stop but nothing worked. what do i do?
>>
>>41638481
check out athlean x video from utupe, he has a good vid on lateral raises. Rest, more warmup.
>>
>>41638473
from my point of view, you got 3 options;
boulder, otter or roider
>>
>>41638172
Thanks for your answer!

For whatever reason the skin is not supposed to be pinched. One needs to push the auto-injector directly on the respective body part and even apply some pressure before it injects. On my thighs it's already hard to not inject into the muscle, and I'm at like 18 % or so...

Was it a general comment or are you experienced with Copaxone?
>>
>>41638500
I tried out his methods but none of them made a difference for me
>>
How do you progress in bicep or tricep exercises? I can rarely ever increase the weight, especially with biceps. Should I focus on more reps instead? If so up to what # per set?
>>
>>41638708
General, your meds' needles are bigger than insuling needles then. Didnt know that haha.

Ask your pharmacist what happens if you strike the muscle.

>>41638719
They go up when main lifts go up. I dont even keep a log of my assistance work, only main lifts. You are supposed to be already fatigued from the main lifts and thus progressing on assisting lifts is hard. Just go with the feeling man.
>>
>>41638747
I know what happens. It hurts like a motherfucker and the med can't work properly. And sometimes I get difficulty in breathing. Not so great ;)
>>
How long rests are too much? I have a home gym and sometimes I stop to read and do shit for like 15-30mins between sets.
>>
>>41638831
two minutes between sets
>>
Is it possible to cut when you have spicy chicken curry for dinner?
>>
I'm thinking about getting in shape but I don't want to go to the gym. Everytime I ended up with a membership I never used it. Does anyone know a decent home workout routines that don't need gym equipment I can use to get in the habit of actually sticking to a routine.
>>
I have absolutely abysmal hamstring mobility and it's really screwing up my deadlift form. I've been doing stretches every day for two weeks now with literally no result whatsoever.

wat do
>>
>go to work out abs
>work top/mid/obliques, feels good man, starting to look good too
>go to work out lower abs (butterfly, leg raises, scissor kicks), feel this sharp pain in my lower back and neck, almost feels like my lower back is just extending down towards my feet
>just can't seem to work it out, have basically a 4-pack and a small gut
>try to place arms under hips when doing them, or just hands, doesn't help

I have no idea what causes this pain, but should I see a doctor? Any back exercises/squats don't phase me, just lower abs. I work an IT job (lots of sitting, but with good posture) if that matters.

Any easy-mode lower ab exercises I should try?
>>
I'm currently taking
>Whey
>creatine
>Pre-workout (Amin.o. energy)
>BCAA's
>Fish oil
Is this too much or is it a pretty basic combination? I'm thinking of adding a daily vitamin and a dose of b12. Is this overkill? I eat a normal amount daily (about 4 meals a day).
>>
Where should I start with protein powder and a blender bottle?
>>
>>41639343
Two adjustable dumbbells and something you can use as a bench are the absolute minimum to get started. A pullup-bar would be great,too.

I started out by doing 3*5 DB squats (which suck), DB bench (on a trumpet case) and bent-over DB rows every second day while adding 1 kg per dumbbell per workout. And I ate more than enough. It worked out suprisingly well. Afterwards I did the reddit - s
dumbbell-P/P/L. Then I joined a gym and did GSLP.
>>
>>41627504
How do i measure calories of very specific dishes? I just ate a plate of steak fajitas and im not sure how much it was
>>
How I am suppose to not get even more fattier by building muscles? I am already 260 lbs, help /fit/
>>
>>41639628
Cut first.
>>
>>41639638
So what is this bullshit that fat person have easier to build muscles I don't get it.
>>
>>41639650
Complete nonsense. The leaner you are the higher the p-ratio, which means you will gain relatively more LBM vs fat when bulking.
>>
>>41633265
Yeah pretty weak album but band is GOAT tier. Cover is pretty A E S T H E T I C hbtqfam.
>>
>>41639592
A posteriori not at all. You can eyeball at best, but if you didn't even prepare it yourself that's pretty pointless. Weigh everything (!) if you actually want to count calories.
>>
Starting gym tomorrow. Should I do stronglifts or greyskull?
>>
File: Untitled.png (646KB, 825x648px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
646KB, 825x648px
I just got my pull up bar yesterday and I'm having some problems. I started doing some no problem (only 3 at a time since I'm not very strong) until I started to get a pain in this area I marked in yellow. When I went to bed, I noticed it still kind of hurt when I tried to sit up, so I tried some sit ups and the area feels sore and hurts. Did I do something wrong?
>>
File: ree.jpg (70KB, 669x645px) Image search: [Google]
ree.jpg
70KB, 669x645px
>who's the human male with most Testosterone alive today?
can be obscure, a fighter, criminal,whatever. Just name the man who you think would reach the highest number if his testosterone levels were measured.
I personally think it's some neonazi biker in Alaska or an underground-muay thai champion.

women SOLELY based their attraction on T/pheromone levels. who's the Warlod who would build an harem if the pesky goverments didn't prevent him from doing so?
>>
File: Thinking.jpg (6KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
Thinking.jpg
6KB, 120x120px
>>41639911
>>who's the human with most Testosterone alive today?

Probably your fucking mother
>>
>>41639931
Pathetic weak manlet who dares be rude and not a gentleman,detected,confirmed and accepted as thus.
>>
>>41639911

Criminals who have to fight to survive.
>>
File: chicy.jpg (514KB, 1982x2000px) Image search: [Google]
chicy.jpg
514KB, 1982x2000px
>>41627504
whats the best ABXABXX program?
>>
Fatfuck trying to turn my life around here.

I get seriously nauseous, to the point where i almost throw up (nothing), when i don't eat for over like 2 hours or so. How the fuck am i supposed to refrain from eating when it literally makes me sick?

Anyone else had this, or have any tips?
>>
>>41640055
then eat smaller portions every 2 hours

3 600kcal meals or 18 100kcal meals, it's the same shit
>>
>>41640093
>3 600kcal meals or 18 100kcal meals

what the fuck did i just read, nigga im trying to stay under 2000 cal a day.
>>
>>41640109
Holy shit do the math
>>
>>41640029
Lower Strength / Upper Strength / Lower Hypertrophy / Upper Hypertrophy
Strength 5-8 rep range, Hyper 10-12 at 60% ORM

Upper: Bench Rows OHP Chins
Lower: Squats Cleans Deads

>>41640055
Tea helps with nausea, green tea and ginger can especially work
Also drink more water to cut down on that urge to eat
If you're having hunger headaches take some sort of NSAID

>>41639870
Make sure you're retracting your scapula by trying to make your shoulderblades touch behind your back when you're doing your reps
I don't know how your sternum can be hurting unless you're banging it against something but the pectoralis muscle adjacent to it can be sore as they get worked especially if you're doing your pullups supinated (chinups)

>>41639852
Either is fine, whichever makes you more excited to stick with it, Stronglifts has more of a breaking in period for complete newbies

>>41640109
And what he said is 1800kcal which is 200 short of 2000
>>
File: 1490848968426.jpg (65KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
1490848968426.jpg
65KB, 600x849px
How do i know if i'm novice or intermediate level? I have gone to the gym for 2 monts now and I do 4x10 24kg dumbell bech. I know I'm weak as fuck but programs like starting strength seems for absolutely beginners. Any routines out there for no so new gymcels?
>>
File: goslingmode.gif (2MB, 540x395px) Image search: [Google]
goslingmode.gif
2MB, 540x395px
What mode is Gosling and how do i into?
>>
>>41640147
I did starting strength for about a year some years back and it was cool but I don't like squatting every day (s-sorry /fit/). Stronglifts does seem simpler so I think I'll just endure it.
>>
>>41640152
You're an absolute beginner.
>>
>>41640315
What i do? Starting strength?
>>
>>41629820
Its a lbs of lbm not bodyweight.
>>
>>41640152
The only use different 'levels' have is to determine what kind of programming you need to progress either linearly or periodically
The only questions you should ask is can I progress linearly on my lifts every time I come into the gym, do I need to focus on progressing merely from week to week, or do I need to focus on programming so that at the end of a month of consistent training I might put some weight on the bar
If you can still eke out linear gains then something similar to Starting Strength is your best bet to continue on that as long as you can

>>41640179
Lift with any program that's not terrible for 6 months to a year with unfaltering dedication and eat a bunch of food then just keep losing weight until you get there. The pretty face I can't help you with

>>41640182
The biggest boons to SL is that it's incredibly simple to keep up with and you can see progress every single time which is encouraging. Keep it up as long as you can
>>
>>41640555
Thank you. (I'm the one on weak level) The thing is i only go 3 times a week to the gym and hit different body zones each time, so every time i do bench press for example i can add 4kg but i only do tjat 1 time a week, i'm supossed to hit one group of muscles more than one time for week?
>>
>>41640597
At your level it's more 'efficient' to do fullbody workouts 3 times a week than split stuff up
But more important than that is you actually being interested and motivated to work out, so if splitting it up does that for you then go for it
So to answer your question, yes you can absolutely still progress while hitting your full body more than once a week
But if you get burnt out doing it then it's not worth it
>>
>>41640645
Thank you again. I hope you have a nice day. I think I'm gonna twist a little bit starting strength and go with it for the summer
>>
File: vegcbt.jpg (127KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
vegcbt.jpg
127KB, 1080x720px
I want to do a slow clean bulk but am not sure how many calories to add on (relative to current maintenance calories).

Stats:
5'9"
152lbs
7.5% BF (measured with calipers by a doctor, not DEXA. prob closer to ~8-9)

Would prefer to keep low BF during the bulk and don't need it to happen quick (so i'd be cool with .5-1lb a month if i can stay lean). Very disciplined so no problems there.

I currently eat 1750 cals/day as maintenance (been eating like this for over a year since it works pretty well for my body) and workout 4-6 days a week.

I figured +15% in calories split between carbs and fat should be fine, but it's one area I'm not experienced in so figured I'd ask here.

pic is from 5 minutes ago
>>
Help me solve this dillema please:

-If i don't excersise i have a shit body and my life isn't worth it
-If i don't study im dumb and my life isn't worth it
-If i don't practice an art i don't express myself and my life isn't worth it
-If i don't work im poor and my life isn't worth it
-If i don't have a social life im an autist and my life isn't worth it

All of these things require effort and time, which generates stress.

If i don't deal with stress it catches on to me and burns me out.

These are the ways i know to deal with stress:

-playing videogames, its unacceptable because it takes a lot of time and is uncompatible with the previous
-eating, its unacceptable because it makes you fat and without a nice body my life isn't worth it
-masturbating as an escape is unnaceptable because it fucks with your libido then life isn't worth it
-Don't even get me started on drugs and the negative effects they produce, those are out of the question.

Is the answer just sheer force of will? every time i try to do that i get burned out, am i just not trying hard enough or is there a trick, some ingenious way to do a lot of things and deal with stress?
>>
At what weight does double overhand typically start failing?
>>
>>41640762
you can do all of those things at the bottom in moderation you fucking pleb.

Videogames is the lamest by far, wanking takes 15 minutes of your day. Eating you have to do anyway so enjoy some of it and drugs are also fine in moderation if you have got your shit together.
>>
>>41636317
plz respond
>>
Why my lower back hurts during/after deadlifting and pendlay rows?
>>
File: VEINS.jpg (2MB, 2738x3285px) Image search: [Google]
VEINS.jpg
2MB, 2738x3285px
How to stop being such a veiny mother fucker? Is there anything I can do about them? Is this due to being a skeleton?
>>
I've starting a new job for the summer and have time to lift 5 days a week. I've been doing SS up to this point and have no idea what a good 5 day routine looks like. The sticky only lists 3 day routines and /fit/ is the only place that I trust for lifting advice.

Could someone please link me to a decent 5 day routine?
>>
>>41640959

I unironically slave at the gym to get my veins. You have them from square one NOT FAIR.
>>
>>41640930
Bad form for sure. Post a form check.
>>
If I drink too much usually every night and am still making gains but for whatever reason decide to not drink tonight or take a break do I need to compensate for the calories?
>>
>>41641366
Depends on what you drink.

Things you prob don't need to accommodate for:
- Shots
- Mixed drinks with low cal mix (diet soda, etc)
- Light beers if you only have a few
>>
How the FUCK do I do chest flyes properly, lads? I don't feel them in my pecs at all no matter how I do them. I've watched shitloads of videos and apparently I'm still missing something.
>>
>>41641819
Make sure the rest of your body is relatively still.

Keep your shoulders back (most people do flys with mostly shoulders+biceps+forearms)

At the top, straighten your arms by bringing your elbows closer together and squeeze with your chest.

I prefer cable flyes myself. much easier to focus on form.
>>
>>41641850
>At the top, straighten your arms by bringing your elbows closer together and squeeze with your chest.
I think this might be what I'm missing. Thanks, Anon.
>>
>>41641819
This might sound like some retarded bullshit magic broscience, but this shit seriously helped me. Try to think about your pecs when doing them try thinking you're doing the lift with your pecs try to be your pecs. I know how this sound but for real after few sessions you can go back to doing flyes normally without all that bullshit thinking and feel them in chest.
>>
>>41641981

Nothing broscience about that.

Focusing on using your muscles (in lieu of just thinking about general force) can improve your form.
>>
>>41627504
How can I tell if the nutritional value of something is related to just the eatable portion or the whole thing?
I thought, for example, in avocados you had to count the skin and pit too which weights a fuck ton but apparently you don't
but for example, in chicken thighs I take into account the bone
or in pineapples, a ~1kg pineapple has like 300g of edible portion so I only count the part I eat not the rest but with whole chicken you cant really do this because bones and shit

this shit is starting to confuse me
>>
What's the best way to program heavy squats and deadlifts on the same day? Or should I do them different days if I can?
>>
>>41640809
If you do them in moderation then it's not enough to offset the huge amounts of anxiety that all the other things require
>>
You just count the part that goes into your mouth.

Don't count chicken bones (you don't eat them, right?), don't count rines, etc.

Measure things by first getting rid of the part you're not eating.

To measure avocados, put a bowl on the food scale, hit tare, then put the parts you eat into the bowl. The scale will give you a number, then use that number to calculate macros
>>
>>41642125
>>41642366

That comment is for you
>>
>>41642366
>>41642384
well fuck always thought some foods you'd take the whole thing into account and others you didnt

at least its good news for shit like avocados, can finally eat them in a cut
but sucks when I eat fish since I just can't just take the meat
>>
I just got a new barbell and my brother and I were taking it out of the box, one of us pulling the box, and the other pulling the bar. Well when it finally came out, the end of the bar dropped straight onto the ground. Should I be concerned about damage? It got the coating slightly nicked on the end.
>>
File: mi.jpg (188KB, 1488x982px) Image search: [Google]
mi.jpg
188KB, 1488x982px
If my goal is the right should I just continue lean bulking for a 4 months or so then cut to 10%?
I don't think my chest is big enough if I cut now, I just wan to be ottermode/lean around december.
>>
>>41642366
Is this really true? any reliable source because I've heard different
>>
>>41642686
Are you retarded dude? Do you seriously think calorie counts include chicken bones and avocado pit?
>>
>>41642741
package claims 114kcals per 100g, it has 550g total

seems bit logical
>>
>>41642758
I can see where you're coming from, but it's definitely false.

https://www.fda.gov/Food/GuidanceRegulation/GuidanceDocumentsRegulatoryInformation/LabelingNutrition/ucm064904.htm

ctrl+f "edible" or "prepared"

i googled "does serving size include non-edible parts" for reference. there are other links that back up the same point
>>
>>41642627
Lol just do pushups, chins, and crunches and swim or something. If you don't have that much muscle on your frame you're probably anorexic.
>>
>>41642790
thanks my good man
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (57KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
57KB, 1000x1000px
Thoughts on each of these power racks for a home gym? I want to go the cheaper to save money, but the more expensive one looks a little more sturdy.
Cheaper model: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Power-Rack-Squat-Cage-Stands-w-Lat-Pulldown-Home-Gym-/142002834823?hash=item2110074d87:g:ggkAAOSwMN9XQ7Ii
More expensive rack: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-POWER-RACK-WITH-HIGH-LOW-PULLEY-FOR-HOME-GYM-PR1004-/110959826871?hash=item19d5b897b7:g:J7wAAOxywh1TE93u
>>
How often and how much should i work legs if i just dont want want to be the guy who looks like he skips leg day.
Right now i do twice a week for legs
4 sets 10 reps each
Front squat
Back Squat
Calf Raises
>>
File: 5 month progress.png (819KB, 959x470px) Image search: [Google]
5 month progress.png
819KB, 959x470px
Should I keep cutting, stay at maintenance, or bulk?

I still have fat, especially on my legs, but summer's almost here and I'm afraid of becoming a hungry skeleton.

Also I have been lifting, but I think I've been cutting too hard to make a visibly noticeable difference
>>
>>41629077
5'9, 16 1/2 inch manlet arms
Biceps:
Standing straight bar curl: 4 x 8-12
Alternating dumbbell curl: 3 x 8-12
Hammer curls: 3 x 8-12
Triceps:
Close grip bench: 4 x 10-15
BTN Dumbbell Extension: 3-4 x 8-10
I also OHP and do some row variation 4x a week though
>>
>>41642964
Cut then bulk, you're not gonna look good this summer no matter what.
>>
>>41643033
T-thanks fit
>>
>>41629898

Hate to break it to you but you have the beginnings of runners knee. had the same thing and it snowballed into a shit show for about 3 months after figuring out what it was.
>>
>>41630361
>wait your fucking turn to use the stretching area that I'm currently using the entirety of
Chill the fuck out dude, you could have just stepped around them or even walked through them. You don't own the place either, you slimey fucker.
>>
>>41642964
Looked better before.
>>
Generally speaking, how long does a muscle group require to fully recover before working it out again at a high intensity? I've read that it only takes a day, and I've read that it takes a week.
>>
>>41642964
better to be a skelly than a fatty. Good work.
>>
How can I use a door pullup bar if I have no door frame?
>>
File: 1488650191351.jpg (89KB, 650x608px) Image search: [Google]
1488650191351.jpg
89KB, 650x608px
Can I lose weight if I stick to my diet every day but saturday? Hard not to get plastered with my friends and play fighting games. Only 4 days out of the month. Probably pushing 350lbs at 5'10-11. Was about 120 lbs heavier a year and a half ago but after spending all of 2016 bouncing around from antidepressant to antidepressant i blew up.
>>
>>41643532
It's better if you don't.

One tip I always used in these situations is:

Down a protein shake (with water) and some other healthy stuff (try protein rich foods) before you go to party.

Usually your macro limit will allow for the carbs and fat you're going to slam into your mouth while drunk, and it'll fill you up a bit so you might only order 2 crunchwrap supremes instead of 3.
>>
What happens when I fail an exercise during a PPL routine? Do I stop doing it completely for the day? Do I rest for a bit and try it again the next set? I'm also guessing that I don't add weight for that particular exercise the next time I do it right?
>>
Help me get out of trex mode /fit/. I did SS for a year and my quads, hips and glutes are massive from lowbar squats but I made shit progress in my upper body so I began to develop an hourglass figure. Not very masculine when your hips are as wide as your shoulders.

I stopped squatting a month ago as I noticed this becoming more prominent. My back and arms won't grow to even out my body. I'm seriously considering quitting SS to start a more traditional body building routine for my upper body. What do?
>>
File: protein-farts.jpg (15KB, 190x265px) Image search: [Google]
protein-farts.jpg
15KB, 190x265px
>>41643559
>Down a protein shake (with water) and some other healthy stuff (try protein rich foods) before you go to party.
>>
>>41643220
>>41643408
I appreciate it familia.
>>
>>41643532
I would not recommend it. I did this, but I overate on Saturdays, thinking that the rest of the week I made up for it so it was okay. I was not losing any weight, and was steadily gaining weight.

Once you get started, you'll be surprised how easy it is to stick to your diet, and how little you want to cheat, because that destroys progress.
>>
File: gross.jpg (1MB, 3672x3264px) Image search: [Google]
gross.jpg
1MB, 3672x3264px
Any advice for a lopsided, deformed freak? Obviously I can't build my left side to match my right, but I want to do what I can to compensate.

Story is, born with Poland's Syndrome. Joined the Army, lost 20ish pounds, pretty regularly been doing calisthenics and cardio, just starting to get into lifting.

Any advice pertaining to my situation or just in general for someone getting into lifting would be appreciated.
>>
>>41633374
it works miracles, dries your skin while ur on it but you have no acne during and after. 9/10
>>
>>41643808
what about surgery?
>>
>>41643960
I don't know if surgery is really an option. I don't know if what needs to be done is done by anyone, and I don't know if that sort of surgery would be allowed considering I'm active duty army.
>>
Is a 6 day routine good to build strength? and if so what would it be like?
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.