[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, since all beginner routines are basically some variation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1476635437001.png (32KB, 688x578px) Image search: [Google]
1476635437001.png
32KB, 688x578px
So, since all beginner routines are basically some variation of the same thing (squat, deadlift, press) and the advice when failing to get form right is invariably the same (deload until you get it right)...And nobody bothered to state what you're supposed to do if you never manage to achieve proper form after trying LITERALLY EVERYTHING (no, your snowflake advice is not new to me I've already tried). Just give up lifting? Fuck that.

I've instead decided to graft a routine around movements which don't cause me pain that I can perform correctly. These change from time to time but they currently consist of:

>sumo rack pulls - 3x5, 1 rep heavy singles x F
>trap bar seated ohp 3x5
>pull ups 3xF
>neutral grip heavy band resisted slight incline push ups 3x7
>one arm db rows 3x7
>air exercise bike sprints one at beginning of workout, one at end and periodically on rest days

I can't squat or deadlift like a normal person. I've spent years deloading and failing to correct form. I'll never ever be able to. I'm highly capable in all other physical activities including football, basketball and other sports which makes my lack of technical ability to perform these lifts correctly so frustrating. But I'm much happier to have some routine than none. Thoughts? Not killing myself btw....
>>
>>39722367
I don't believe you can't achieve proper form in squats or deadlifts with just the bar

start with the bar, then add 5 lbs every week.
>>
>>39723090
I can squat two plates actually probably a lot more but too much pain. Once I move past one plate there's pain. It's impossible to make gains when my muscles are physically strong enough to move a shitload more weight than I'm capable of moving in the squat. Hence why I don't do it anymore. Don't believe me all you want, you're not the one who has to deal with it so you're not saying anything of value.
>>
>>39722367
>I'm a special snowflake whose body is so unique and different that years of research and science don't apply to me.

No you aren't. If you arent improving then check your major inputs. Sleep, food, working hard enough, flexible enough, maybe change to intermediate routine.
>>
File: IMG_6899.jpg (96KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6899.jpg
96KB, 900x675px
>>39722367
Film yourself or ask someone for a form check

This isn't rocket surgery here
>>
>>39723281
I sleep perfectly, have the diet of a good including no meds, drugs or alcohol, am flexible enough to play sports all my life and my body won't work with squats and deadlifts. Your motivational spiel won't change that and your entire response ignores everything I've said.

>>39723294
I've already done all this. None of you have any clue the fuck you're talking about. I could post a form video titled, "my new pr" and you'd all be high fiving and congratulating me and I could take that same video and post "form check please" and I'd receive a hundred different conflicting replies -- not one of them solving the problems I have and as already stated, I already tried them all and am too far past the form check phase which I've been through already and none of your shitty advice helped.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.