[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hi /fit/ looking for some advice here. I am a woman, 31, 4'11"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

File: LKn8SRz.jpg (1MB, 2181x2907px) Image search: [Google]
LKn8SRz.jpg
1MB, 2181x2907px
hi /fit/ looking for some advice here. I am a woman, 31, 4'11" and obese at 200-207 lbs. I work in a garden nursery so my job is very physical and I guess I have a decent level of muscle as I can lift up to 50 lbs? (not sure that is relevant). I do want to lose weight so that things are easier on a daily basis, but Im not concerned with a goal of looking a certain way.

What are things I can do, right now, without buying a bunch of equipment, that is also going to be safe/physically possible for someone who is so overweight? I have never considered my fitness before so I literally have zero idea where to start. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. Also, I googled it a bit and all the guides I could find keep saying "swimming, walking" over and over again. One isnt possible, the other I already do. Not helpful.

Generic picture because I dont have any of me
>>
>>35995140
you can read the fucking sticky.
>>
Maybe you should stop being such a dumb worthless piece of shit whore and read the fucking sticky.
>>
>>35995147
>>35995151
"There are two basic considerations: diet and exercise. The same advice for each applies to almost everyone. The exceptions are at the extremes, e.g. the very obese needing to lose immense amounts of weight to stay alive, and the people pursuing extreme levels of performance or muscular development. Both of those are beyond the scope of this guide."

Both of you are less helpful than nipples on a breastplate. Clearly YOU havent even read the sticky.
>>
>>35995159
>I can't find the yellow running dinosaur.

But no really. Just learn to read.
>>
>>35995159
So you're so fat that you need to lose immense amounts of weight to stay alive?

No? Then continue reading.
>>
>>35995159
What fucking category does OP fall into, you think? Must be the extreme level of performance one, because if she has a physical job she sure as shit doesn't fall into the other.

Kudos for the nipples breast plate thing, was clever and made me smirk
>>
>>35995140
Eat less.
Congrats you just learned how to lose weight. Now go do it.
>>
>>35995205
okay so thats 6 people who know less than nothing about exercising. maybe I need to come back during the week when the kidiots are away at school.

I am morbidly obese. I have tried most of the stretching and body resistance things I can find with searching, and most are impossible due to the fat getting in the way, or unsafe. If you dont have an answer to my actual question, shut the fuck up and go troll another thread.
>>
>>35995159
The world would be an objectively better place if you killed yourself.
>>
>>35995140
being a foot taller than you with the same weight, I will go ahead and assume your diet is shit and needs to be fixed.

>only drink water or coffee
>start eating steamed vegetables, as much as possible
>egg whites and fish for proteins
>>
>>35995140
> 4'11
> 200 pounds

B E A C H B A L L
E
A
C
H
B
A
L
L
>>
>>35995140
Buy a kitchen scale, make everything you eat yourself, ensure you are eating at a 1000 calorie deficit. If you do this you can lose 96 lbs in a year. Yes this is hard, but it will work.
>>
>>35995140
what >>35995272 said but maybe start with a 500cal deficit so you don't get disheartened at the beginning.
also, download MyFitnessPal, it's very easy to use and you can set your deficit through that.
>>
>>35995225
His advice was accurate, you retard. As you said, you are morbidly obese and cannot engage in proper physical exercise, yet. Therefore, you will have to start by losing weight through calorie restriction until you lose enough to start exercising.
Dumbass.
>>
>>35995225
Man what the fuck do you want? You said you wanted to lose weight and to do that you need to eat less. You don't need to stretch, do body resistance or even exercise, you need to EAT LESS.
Stop being such a colossal bitch both physically and mentally and get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>35995242
This
>>35995140
Post pic. You sound like pet fatty material.
>mfw no pet beach ball to poke with sticks
>mfw thinking of you hurting ;_;
>>
>>35995225
I genuinely hope you get terminal brain cancer.
>>
>>35995225
godamnit I hate you so much.
>Exercising will improve your strenght, stamina and flexibility
>dieting properly will make you lose fat

sure, exercising can help, but it's nowhere near as important as dieting. And considering you're obese and can't work out anyway, what's so hard to understand here you repulsive inflated sac of shit?

Just eat less and healthier
>protip: if it tastes good, it's bad for you
>>
>>35995140
>a decent level of muscle as I can lift up to 50 lbs
lmao
any less and you would pretty much be a disabled person

anyway, read the sticky and fuck off
i'll give you one tip tho
diet >>>> exercise
>>
>>35995225

>eat less
>move more
>read the sticky

3 step plan to stop being the human dumpster fire that you ate
>>
SS + GOMAD
>>
Holy mother of jesus tapdancing fucking christ read. the. sticky.
>>
>>35995140
sorry that everyone is being so rude to you, but for real you need to get your diet in check, then focus on exercise later
>>
File: someone worse than me.jpg (225KB, 1103x587px) Image search: [Google]
someone worse than me.jpg
225KB, 1103x587px
>>35995140
Thanks OP, I feel a lot better about myself as a whole now knowing that I will never be like you.
>>
>>35995140

Listen brah, a lot of people here are going to tell you to read the sticky. DON'T FUCKING DO IT. It's a trick to fool the new guys. What you're gonna want to do is join a gym. Go there everyday for a week and take notes on who is lifting the most. Once you figure out who this is, corner him in the locker room and tell him that he is going to train you. You need to be forceful or he will sense your weakness and attempt to mount you. Once he accepts you will need to take him in your mouth and recieve his seed. This will seal the pact and you will be on your way to swole city
>>
>>35995140

>have never considered my fitness before so I literally have zero idea where to start.

You start at the sticky. When you try to tell us the sticky isn't helpful, we laugh at you. Why? Becaude you have no basis to judge its veracity. You just want an easy solution to the total mess that has become your health
>>
>>35995795
are you fucking retarded? i am literally asking for hard things i can do that will bust my ass, raise my heartrate and respiration, and make me sweat and want to die, that i am anatomically capable of doing when im also a lardass. im not sure how this quantifies as "easy". clearly /fit/ is a buncha useless cuntwaffles, why the hell should i take advice from someone who wants me to get cancer and die, or who mocks me for being fat, when im here to solve that exact fucking problem. the fucking yoga brochure at the self checkout is more helpful than you shitdicks have been.
>>
File: Forever_Charlie.jpg (53KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Forever_Charlie.jpg
53KB, 600x600px
>>35995988
okay dude don't worry i got your back. Just start with doing the kind of shit they made kids do to take the fitness test in school. Do jumping jacks, run in place and push ups on your knees. Also doing just a good amount stretching is a great way to start.
>>
>>35995988
I say go to Reddit because /fit/ is just a meme; it's full of people who can't even bench 350.
>>
>>35995988

So go read the sticky. It's what is expected of you before you go making the same thread hundreds of other people have made before you.
>>
>>35995988

>i am literally asking for hard things i can do that will bust my ass, raise my heartrate and respiration, and make me sweat and want to die, that i am anatomically capable of doing when im also a lardass.

This is literally all in the sticky.

So what part of "read the sticky" confused you?
>>
>>35995988
>am literally asking for hard things i can do that will bust my ass, raise my heartrate and respiration, and make me sweat and want to die, that i am anatomically capable of doing when im also a lardass.

surprisingly, these are found in the sticky, or within 10 seconds of google
we cant help you if you cant help yourself
>>
>>35995988
> i am literally asking

Exactly, you're asking. As if that is some kind of step forward, so that later on you can gorge on ice cream and fast food as reward for the great progress you made. All the information you need is conveniently just a click away, but you won't look because you already know what it is and would rather live in denial.
>>
>>35996055
i didn't read your post tbqh, just realized your a woman, this changes EVERYTHING, just walk/run till you can start lifting, and watch what you eat....fatty
>>
>ridiculously short
>ridiculously fat

Every now and then I see such threads and judging by the way the threads develop I'd say it's the most subtle bait nobody has picked up on.
>>
>>35995988
There is no advice for /fit/ to give you that is not complete and utter common sense.

As has been said, both in the sticky and in this thread, you should focus on eating less and healthier. This is how you'll lose most of your weight. Spend a few weeks looking up how many calories are in your food, and switch over to a healthy diet. That usually means healthier foods that armor natural. Lean meats, nuts, rice, beans, whole wheat shit. The more steps from god's green earth to your plate that are required for your food to be eaten, the (probably) worse it is for you.

This by itself will help you lose weight. Like, it'll be all you need.

As for exercise, start "couch to 5k". It's a safe running program. It starts with gentle walks. I recommend this because you're incapable of doing the ideal, which is resistance training + cardio.

Fit is yelling at you because this falls under the "derp" umbrella. "Eat healthy" isn't exactly hard to understand.
>>
>>35995988
I can name 3 excercises that raise heart rate without referring to the sticky. Running, Jumping Jacks, and Burpees. Choose one and do it, I don't care
>>
>>35995988

>who mocks me for being fat

Actually, we're mocking you for all the decisions, pizzas eated, and cakes devoured that led to you becoming fat. We're mocking you because you talk about wanting to lose weight, but you won't read the sticky. We're mocking you because you feel entitled to being healthy, not motivated.

Read the sticky
Follow a diet plan
Start a workout plan
Report back in 8 weeks

But you won't, we know this
>>
>>35995988

u mad bro?

u fat bro?

Too lazy to read the sticky here's what you're going to do:

1. Swim 3x a week, exhaust yourself every workout.

2. Replace swimming with running as soon as your knees are able to take the impact of your weight. Discuss this with a licences physical therapist. Untill than you fucking swim untill you can't breath anymore. I'm talking chest crawl untill it gets black before your eyes not that pussy hurr durr look at me whaling in the water sort of thing.

3. Holy fucking shit I'm mad now. Buy a gym membership and start lifting weights you lard ass. Jezus christ those pounds won't fly off by themselves. Begin with full body routines since you're too fat for anything else. Target every muscle group at least once and make sure you are sore the next day. If you can't feel the burn you fucked up, do it untill you have to cry and then keep going.

4. You think we feel sorry for you? You can't even read a fucking sticky. You want pity? Fuck you go be a sad cunt somewhere else. Start eating healthy you piece of shit. Your job is 'very physical'? Well my job is also very physical and you don't see me waddling around as a fucking beachball. Diet is everything. You can be physical the entire day, without eating properly and healthy you aren't losing shit. Except for the shits you take at the potty, and boy oh boy how I imagine those.

1.5gprotein / kg bodyweight

Stop eating fat, suger, snacking, soda. Time to eat properly son. Woooh dayum rice rice konichiwa anyone order chicken and broccoli? Fuck that just eat healthy and enough, not too much, not too little, enough.

5. Boo fucking hoo people are mean to me :((((((:(:(:(:( time to be mean to yourself. Do as I just said. Do what everyone on this thread is trying to tell you

START WORKING OUT.

Stop rolling around in this endless circle of self pity. You came here for advice, well here it is. Now do something with it and keep doing it for a few years untill you're lean as fuck.
>>
Is this now a fat hate thread?
>>
>>35995988
Walk up some stairs kek

Then back down xF
>>
File: LehQV0i.jpg (48KB, 680x681px) Image search: [Google]
LehQV0i.jpg
48KB, 680x681px
>>
If this isnt b8 I'm actually impressed OP agrees she's morbidly obese to the point she feels the sticky doesn't apply, but hasn't seen a doctor for cuatomized diet/exercise plan

Must be in 'murrica with no health insurance
>>
>>35996343
Has it ever been anything else?

OP is using some stale TV memes ("nipples on a breastplate") and is trying to sound tough by spouting "original" insults.
It's jolly amusing, I someday he/she realises that fatness is making her irrelevant in all aspects of life and musters the courage to count calories.
>>
>>35995140
I'm sorry these people are being asshats.

First get your TDEE
https://tdeecalculator.net/
Be honest with your height, weight, and lifestyle level. Since it seems you mostly walk and don't lift over 50 I would say you are closer to Light exercise than anything else.

The calculator I used, punching in the info you gave me (4'11", 207lbs, light exercise) I got a maintenance calorie count of 2,373. That means that to stay your current weight thats how many calories you would need to eat (and not burn off) at the end of the day.

Next you will need to get a calorie counter app. My fitness pal is very a very good one. It easily lets you track food eaten using several different measurements, has a scanner and recognizes brand foods. I must stress that you please follow serving guidelines and be honest with the serving sizes you put into the app. Otherwise you might as well not be tracking anything at all. This will help you get used to tracking your calories yourself and learning proper food portions.

The app also has a simple calorie calculator for things like walking at a certain speed for a certain amount of time. This will be useful in learning exactly how many calories simple exercises actually burn and lets you accurately monitor your activity levels through out the day so you can make better choices regarding your activity levels.
>>
File: 1399738207821.jpg (10KB, 229x231px) Image search: [Google]
1399738207821.jpg
10KB, 229x231px
>>35995140
>4'11"
>>
>>35996397
You're the reason fat cunts make threads daily about how to lose weight.
Don't spoonfeed them.
>>
>>35996387
Counting calories is hard shitlord and doesn't work. Just tell me about the secret pill to make me lose 100lbs in 2 weeks. I'm meeting my interenet boyfriend for the first time then and I told him I weigh 110lbs.
>>
>>35996421
I am willing to bet it's not as hard as you trying to tie your shoelaces. :3
>>
Don't listen to the trolls, OP.

What you need to do is drink a quart of whole milk each day (half gallons also work). It is, by far, the best thing you can drink, as it has all the essential macronutrients in balance along with a slew of micronutrients and vitamins. Drink it with every meal possible.

What you want is to jumpstart your metabolism. Restricting calories may work in the short term, but it will crash your internal fatburner if you keep it up for more than a week. Bodies are built to hang on to fat, so you have to "trick" your body into letting go of it.

Good luck, girl.
>>
>>35996335
>1.5gprotein / kg bodyweight
you realize anon is female right
>>
>>35996397
Fitness pal also has a recipe nutrition calculator. Which is important because you will need to learn how to cook for yourself and be knowledgeable about what exactly is in your food. Small things like butter, salt, sugar very easily slip thought the cracks for newbee cooks and can add calories and sat/trans fats to meals that you could have gone without. Use simple recipes at first and work your way up. A lot of ingredients that are used a staples you will have to cut out and that takes time to learn and to adjust too on a large scale. Start small, aim big. Google 'simple fit recipes' and use the calculator. Plan meals ahead of time based off of your calorie and macro needs(carbs,fat, protein). Portion off snacks so you don't overindulge. Research raw foods and their nutrition (1 med. apple. 95 cal 25g carbs. 4.4 g fiber. 19g sugar) so you can know exactly what you are getting out of it.

There are some good documentaries on netflix about sugars, nutrition and fitness in general.

http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Best-Healthy-Netflix-Documentaries-37757466#photo-37757466

Fed Up is very good if you are struggling with sugar as most Americans do.

You don't have to have to go vegan, or juice everything, or run 10 miles a day. But the philosophy from those lifestyles is important to learn so you can use them to enrich your own.

The sticky link http://liamrosen.com/fitness.html covers what macros and micros as well as the basics of the body. This will be the foundation on which you will build upon. Read it, learn it, until it becomes habit. You need to automatically recall this info in order to effectively use it.
>>
>>35996418
You're part of the reason they give up.

How is informing someone who doesn't know up from down about this stuff 'spoonfeeding'.
>>
>>35996611
all the information posted here is included in the sticky
spelling out information that is readily available for someone is the definition of spoonfeeding
the reason they give up isnt because people are mean to them, its because they arent looking to put in actual effort, they just want to feel like they're doing something productive

observe as OP doesn't even bother to respond to the actually helpful posts (and I hope you prove me wrong OP)
>>
>>35996397
>>35996594

Diet will be a big part of your success in weight loss. Its will dictate how quickly you lose weight, your energy and mood, the overall health of your body. Once you make those sustainable changes you will see results. I say sustainable because this diet is not temporary, it is a lifestyle change. The new foods you eat will need to be your staple. Otherwise you go back to old habits you will go back to your old body. Diet is not a dirty word, it simply means 'what you eat'.

I would recommend starting off with a 500 cal deficit. So try to have a calorie count of 1873. I would just say 1800 for simplicity's sake. That means that after accounting for all food eaten and exercise done you will have a count of 1800. Now don't eat a bunch of BS and think you can run on a treadmill for 30 mins to burn it off. Its better to aim for a total of 1800 and use exercise as a supplement for what you are trying to achieve. For now at least.

Which brings me to exercise. Walking is okay by itself. I try to walk everywhere if I can. I live downtown so everything is within 2 miles anyways. If you can, find a park to walk around. Being in nature and actually moving feels much better than being stuck on a treadmill. I wouldn't recommend jogging until you have your weight down a bit more, however and elliptical would be excellent for more intense cardio right now. As it will be gentler on your joints. I wouldn't worry about heavy lifting so much right now, you are trying to lose weight anyways so you wouldn't really be able to put on muscle effectively at the same time. However using this time to get proper form down and getting used to the movement of the exercise with a decent weight will build the foundations you will need for later. Use Starting Strength. Its great for beginners.

Here's a link on practicing form

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2014/02/06/strength-training-101-how-much-weight-should-i-be-lifting/
>>
>>35996663

>literally have zero idea where to start
>safe/physically possible for someone who is so overweight
>I googled it a bit and all the guides I could find keep saying "swimming, walking" over and over again. One isnt possible, the other I already do. Not helpful.

She is new, just like everyone else was. This is a lot of shit to take in and she has no idea were else to go for more resources. If she did she probably wouldn't be asking you assholes. There isn't a lot of GOOD advice for obese people out there, mostly memes and shit that is doomed to fail. Shes knows she has physical limits but doesn't not know what it means for her fitness wise. She was asking a fitness board if they knew of any exercises she could handle currently. She has already tried google and *shock* they told her to just fucking walk and swim to solve all her problems. She knew it was BS and thus came here.

What the fuck is your problem. Jerkoffs might not be the sole reason they give up, but it certainly doesn't motivate them to keep going or help them figure all this shit out.
>>
>>35996397
>>35996594
>>35996854

Since you can't get equipment for yourself I would recommend finding an affordable gym. Make sure they have a decent free weight section. You don't need a gym with saunas and tanning beds, the bare bones works just fine and will save you money. All that other shit is just a distraction right now. As much as everyone hates it PF basic membership, which is 10 a month and like 30 to sign up, would be fine for you. Your not lifting heavy so no needs to worry about lunk alarms and you won't feel unwelcome there with your current goals. Don't do the food incentive BS. Just go to work out, not to eat. If you can find a 24/7 fitness or something similar that would be much better. Less distractions and flexible schedule. Use the gym a few times a week for weight training and the elliptical. I believe starting strength has a weekly schedule set up with the workout, just follow that. At home work on mobility exercises. Its will help you preform more intense exercises and help minimize injury.

A great online Yoga instructor

https://www.youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene

How to full body stretching video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJaWIBg15n0

Same thing with this as with weight training. Focus on doing it right, get form down. Its okay if you cannot fully complete the stretch right away. Flexibility takes time. Don't injure yourself in a rush.
>>
>>35996925
>literally have zero idea where to start

is she blind then? im pretty sure the first thing you see when you visit /fit/ is READ THE FUCKING STICKY in all caps

also, this is 4chan, not a hugbox
if she didnt expect this kind of response she's honestly retarded
>>
EAT LESS YOU FAT PIECE OF SHIT.

1st MEAL

1 CUP OF OATS (JUST 1 YOU FUCK)
1 APPLE
1 GLASS OF OJ

2nd MEAL

1 CAN OF TUNA
1 GLASS OF SKIM MILK

3rd MEAL

1/2 POUND CHICKEN
1 CUP OF BROCCOLI
1 GLASS OF SKIM MILK

THATS IT YOU FAT FUCK
>>
>>35997106
You don't magically know all the rules of fitness by heart the first read through. She read the goddamn sticky and reacted just like everyone else else does, 'now what'. What do I do with this information, where do I go from here, what method is best for me, how do I effectively implement this in my life?

What you all seem to forget is that for people in her situation, and people in fucking general, they don't know a damn thing about fitness for a reason. The food advertisers lie, the schools lie, the government lies, the media lies, their parents are clueless or whales themselves. Yes the helpful information is only a few clicks away, along with hundreds of other useless articles that you will inevitably have to sift through to find anything worthwhile. How the fuck are people like this supposed to know right off the bat what to follow and what not too when they have been literally and figuratively force fed complete shit their whole lives. And how the fuck will they learn if the only support they get is 'Read the sticky you fat lazy fuck'?

For a lot of them this is the first time they are hearing this and its confusing as hell. This is completely new, this is not what they grew up learning. They are coming to you to help make sense of all this new information and you just call them stupid and fucking lazy. They have been hearing it from bullies all through out their life and now that they are trying to do something about it you just hurl insults at them some more. You don't have to kiss their ass and lie to them to spare their feelings, but don't fucking chase them away and scold them for not magically knowing shit that probably took you some time to completely figure out as well.

I would rather waste my breath trying to help hundreds of people figure this out and maybe save a few than just be a useless dick and help nobody.
>>
>>35997368
>I would rather waste my breath trying to help hundreds of people figure this out and maybe save a few than just be a useless dick and help nobody.

Good for you to be honest, its good there are still people like you around
i hope you never turn into a cynical asshole like me
>>
>>35995988
>asks questions that are covered in the sticky
>gets mad when told to read the sticky
Read the fucking sticky you stupid cunt.
See that dinosaur running around at the top of the front page of /fit/? CLICK IT AND READ.
>>
>>35997368
No she didn't ask "now what" you fucking retard.
She asked "what can I do as an obese person safely" and the answer is very fucking simple, eat at a caloric deficit. Everyone who posted this kind of advice is getting ignored though so the dumb bitch is either a troll or someone who wants all of the rewards but is willing to put in none of the effort.
>>
EAT LESS

For weight loss alone it doesn't even matter what you eat just fucking eat less of it
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.