[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
Why aren't you straight edge /fit/?
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7
File: straight edge.jpg (5 KB, 304x166) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
straight edge.jpg
5 KB, 304x166
Why aren't you straight edge /fit/?
>>
Not really my style. And every straight edge person I've come in contact with had this mindset where they thought they were better than everyone else
>>
I like opiates.
>>
File: sedge.jpg (29 KB, 548x162) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
sedge.jpg
29 KB, 548x162
>>35928075
Because...

1. The punk culture is retarded and embarrassing.
2. There's nothing wrong with promiscuous sex if you're safe and not in a relationship.

I've never consumed alcohol, tobacco or done any recreational drugs, though. Probably last had caffeine and prescription drugs (like Tylenol) when I was 14.

But still, there are punk roots and I will never attach myself to that. I'll just call myself someone who doesn't consume garbage.
>>
Alcohol is fun sometimes,in moderation.
>>
>>35928123
I think the word for it is called "faggot".
>>
>>35928075
I am. I gradually began to enjoy alcohol less and less until it became actively unpleasant to drink it. No idea what brought that on.
>>
>>35928140
The word for not consuming garbage is faggot?
>>
>>35928095
Same
>>
>>35928146

Nah, the word for being a boring faggot is just being shortened to faggot.
>>
>>35928165
>I need to consume garbage to have fun
>>
I lifted for girls inb4
Been lifting for almost 6 years now
I like to do drugs drink and parry with girls
I don't care
>>
>>35928173

Watching a movie on my tv is fun. Watching it in a theater is better.

Nice strawman tho faggot.
>>
I enjoy using dip after work or a hard workout, some nice copenhagen wintergreen from out of the freezer is fantastic
>>
>>35928075
My default existence right now is being sober. I'll still go out and drink or consume things if the time is right. I used to have a default existence of being fucked up on things. I like my current way better.
>>
>>35928199
Without knowing anything other than I don't consume garbage, your assessment of me was a boring faggot. You needed no other information to form that.

>Watching a movie on my tv is fun. Watching it in a theater is better.
Which has to do what with alcohol, tobacco and recreational drugs?
>>
>>35928178
Kill yourself filth
>>
>>35928231

> You needed no other information to form that.

Correct, I didn't need any more information that that.

> Which has to do what with alcohol, tobacco and recreational drugs?

> Doesn't understand a simple analogy

But drugs and alcohol ruin your brain, amiright?
>>
>>35928231
You're a piece of shit.
>>
>>35928240
Post your body and I'll post mine you fag
>>
>>35928254
Post peeners.
>>
>>35928241
>Correct, I didn't need any more information that that.
Then it wasn't a strawman. You are saying I need to consume garbage in order to not be a boring faggot/have fun.

>But drugs and alcohol ruin your brain, amiright?
It does ruin your brain:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4040959/

There was no analogy that made any sense. Theatres have more people. Consuming garbage might expand your social circle, but that can be done 1. without consuming garbage and 2. without a theater. If you're referring to an enhanced experience, you already called watching your own TV fun - by your own admission even if you subtract some fun from the enhancement, it's still fun.

Anything else?

>>35928248
ok
>>
>>35928277
Not the same guy but you claimed to not get the analogy but the literally spelled out word for word exactly what it meant here
>If you're referring to an enhanced experience, you already called watching your own TV fun - by your own admission even if you subtract some fun from the enhancement, it's still fun

If you could have more fun, why wouldnt you. Sure you can call it garbage, but so is everything if you put it in perspective. Oxygen is poisonous and causes aging but you wouldnt consider that garbage. Its not AS garbage as alcohol or drugs but if you subtract some of the garbage away its still garbage
>>
>>35928075

Because I really enjoy weed and being straightedge for 24 years was silly in retrospect
>>
>>35928297
I didn't spell it out - I spelled out why it misses being analogous.

He explained why something is more fun (through drug usage). I invited asking why fun can't be there without consuming garbage. Enhancement doesn't answer for how there isn't a baseline of fun. The analogy doesn't show there's no baseline of fun. He already admitted it: watching TV (the drug-free representative variable) is fun. He's making my case.

>If you could have more fun, why wouldnt you.
I never came into this thread proselytizing. If you want to, go for it. I personally won't because I like my health and I wouldn't get anything out of it. I'm content.

You're talking to someone who would decriminalize even hard drugs. I just don't want to have to foot the medical bills for you. Do whatever the hell you want - don't involve me in it. That's fair.
>>
>>35928277

> Then it wasn't a strawman.

You're actually an idiot aye? Follow the conversation you retard, I was calling

> I need to consume garbage to have fun

A strawman, which it is.


As for your link.

1: It's directly referring to alcoholism, being addicted to alcohol and drinking excess amounts over a long period. It is *not* referring to simply drinking in a social matter. Which you would have known if you had read about 3 sentences of it. Nice googling tho faggot.

And pretty much everything is bad in excess, all those dicks you take up your ass for example; probably fine every now and again but if you keep up this rate you'll probably tear something.

2: Nearly half of the estimated 18 million people in the USA who are problem drinkers (NIAAA 1997) appear to be free of cognitive, sensory, or motor impairments.

50/50 chance of being fine anyway.

> There was no analogy that made any sense.

There was if you're not a retard, I apologize, I'll make them way simpler in the future.

> Theatres have more people. Consuming garbage might expand your social circle, but that can be done 1. without consuming garbage and 2. without a theater.

Holy Jesus Christ that is so far off the mark I'm genuinely surprised you can work your computer. Are you just dictating your posts to someone who can read and write?

> If you're referring to an enhanced experience,

Obvi-fucking-ously

> by your own admission even if you subtract some fun from the enhancement, it's still fun.

Right, that's why "I need to consume garbage to have fun" is false, I can have fun without it, I choose to have more fun with it.

WHICH IS SO FUCKING OBVIOUS HOLY SHIT WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU
>>
>>35928317

> This fucking dumb

It would be correct if it wasn't for the fact I was replying to your comment that I cannot have fun without it.

The comment I replied to was

"I need to consume garbage to have fun"

(Here it is for reference >>35928173)

The analogy was pointing out: I can have fun without it, but I have more fun with it

In other words

> He explained why something is more fun (through drug usage).

This is correct

> I invited asking why fun can't be there without consuming garbage. Enhancement doesn't answer for how there isn't a baseline of fun. The analogy doesn't show there's no baseline of fun. He already admitted it: watching TV (the drug-free representative variable) is fun

This is bullshit, because you got the order of events wrong. I called you boring, you said I can't have fun without drugs, I pointed out you can, but drugs make it more fun and you fucked up so hard I'm still shocked.

> and I wouldn't get anything out of it.

> More fun is not something
>>
>>35928321
It wasn't a strawman. "I" refers to myself. You were referring to me when you characterized me as boring. The information that led you to that characterization was that I don't consume garbage. You got "boring" from "not consuming garbage".

>1: It's directly referring to alcoholism, being addicted to alcohol and drinking excess amounts over a long period. It is *not* referring to simply drinking in a social matter. Which you would have known if you had read about 3 sentences of it. Nice googling tho faggot.
It's garbage in excess and in moderation. Use the alcoholic beverage's calories on vegetables and experience the benefits of moderate consumption + even more benefits. Alcohol, tobacco and recreational drugs are just garbage.

>50/50 chance of being fine anyway.
Garbage chances.

>Holy Jesus Christ that is so far off the mark I'm genuinely surprised you can work your computer. Are you just dictating your posts to someone who can read and write?
Tons of people making the garbage argument that it's a needed tool for socializing. I'm just exhausting the dumb arguments it may have been.

>Right, that's why "I need to consume garbage to have fun" is false, I can have fun without it, I choose to have more fun with it.
So if you don't need to consume garbage to have fun, why was your initial response getting "boring" from "not consuming garbage" if you've admitted that the baseline of fun can be there? How do you reconcile what you just said now with your earlier post?
>>
>>35928404
>>35928321
Jesus christ, why are you faggots trying to protect some ego on a page that youre anonymous on? Who the fuck cares about your stupid bullshit
>>
>>35928404

> It's garbage in excess and in moderation

The link you posted in no way supports that. Surely you heard about the benefits of a glass of red wine a day? Improved heart function and all that.

> "I" refers to myself.

Sure it did bud.

> You were referring to me when you characterized me as boring.

Yes I was

> The information that led you to that characterization was that I don't consume garbage. You got "boring" from "not consuming garbage".

Yes I did.

> and experience the benefits of moderate consumption

A logical impossibility, you could not experience the benefits of moderate consumption of something by having zero of it.

> Garbage chances.

It was a clear jab at how shit of a job your link proved your case

"ALCOHOL IS GARBAGE, IT REDUCES BRAIN FUNCTION WAAH"

"But only if you have an excess amount, and even then it's not even a high chance of reducing brain-"

"IT"S GARBAGE OKAY!!?!?!"

> How do you reconcile what you just said now with your earlier post?

> If you have a tiny bit of fun you're not boring

Okay lel.

Actually, I feel like you're still going to argue that point because you seem to have real trouble actually understanding things.

Your boring to me, because in comparison to me you have virtually zero fun. Alcohol and recreational drugs *vastly* improve situations where fun can be had, as a result if we were to have any kind of social interaction I would enjoy it immensely more than you, making you seem boring to me.
>>
Because sometimes sobriety can suck a fuck.
All in moderation is fine.
Except opiates I guess.
>>
>>35928464
>Sure it did bud.
Well, yeah, I explained that before:
>>35928277
("You are saying I need to")
I wasn't referring to you there. Myself. That's why the I was self-referential.

>The link you posted in no way supports that. Surely you heard about the benefits of a glass of red wine a day? Improved heart function and all that.
>A logical impossibility, you could not experience the benefits of moderate consumption of something by having zero of it.
It's not impossible at all.

Take almonds for example: generally high in calories per serving and high in fat but they have calcium.

Let's say someone really needed calcium and they wanted to find a primary source for it. They'd find a food with the overlapping benefit of calcium but lower in calories so they can reap the benefit without jeopardizing themselves by an unnecessary almond intake.

Similarly, the antioxidants among other good things in your garbage alcoholic beverage can be found elsewhere. We can reap their benefits (and more if we varied the vegetables) without any of alcohol's side effects.

So even in moderation, there are thousands of substitutes for alcohol if you just want to reap the benefits while avoiding the bad side.

>Alcohol and recreational drugs *vastly* improve situations where fun can be had
Do you just have a relatively tiny amount of fun without stimulants, enough to praise garbage as exponential contributors of fun? If the socializing is that significantly improved, you were holding an empty sack with other vacant minded people in the first place.

I hope you can find company that's naturally fun to be around. You like talking about dicks inside asses a lot so maybe try a straight-edge homosexual community with like-minded people.
>>
>>35928075
Because I like to Party with my buddies and to drink and dance a lot.
Casual 21yo dude at university.
>>
>>35928075
I don't need some mediocre-at-best music and the trashy subculture around it to not smoke, drink, use drugs and not to have sex outside of marriage.
>>
>>35928593

> Never done drugs or alcohol
> Tried to tell people they can't vastly improve things.

I have ridiculous amounts of fun with my friends and without stimulants, I would wager more than you because you seem just so goddam boring.

But all that "garbage" vastly improves it. Take something already amazing and improves on that, nice strawmanning tho.

As for "reaping the benefits without taking it"

No son, that is a logical impossibility, it's like saying "my immortal dog died"

Getting the benefits of consuming alcohol in moderation requires, by definition, consuming alcohol. Having something that gives you similar benefits is not the same as getting the benefits from alcohol.

Also weed helps fight cancer, glaucoma, anorexia and offers pain relief.

LSD combats alcoholism and depression. With no negative side effects might I add

Ecstasy combats post-traumatic stress disorder

Find me a carrot that does that. And we'll just ignore the fact they give you these benefits ON TOP of improving social life.
>>
File: xuk5Ua1.png (257 KB, 500x428) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
xuk5Ua1.png
257 KB, 500x428
I'm not a friendless loser like the rest of you.
>>
File: yas.jpg (68 KB, 422x750) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
yas.jpg
68 KB, 422x750
Because sXe is for underaged hardcore kids
>>
File: 1453116471378.jpg (657 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1453116471378.jpg
657 KB, 1280x1920
>>35928075

Because I enjoy making decisions for myself and prefer not to follow any movement. If being in the movement makes the thing you have to do easier chances are this thing is not for you and deep inside you don't want to follow it.

For example just a couple of years ago I saw no real benefit in not drinking, but now I enjoy mental clearence that comes with being sober, eating clean etc. Plus I've noticed that you can achieve pretty much the same results as being drunk by letting go, concentrating on the moment and being loud.
>>
>>35928075
because i have decent taste in music and can afford alcohol and drugs, and women generally want to have sex with me.
>>
>>35928082
because we are better
>>
Only drugs I take are prescription, I don't even drink. Still wouldn't ever consider myself straight edge. Most straight edgers are faggots.
>>
>>35928075
Squatters are one of the most politically organised movements i've seen and most of them are punkers.
I'm into the hiphop scene myself, but i've had a hell of a time with them.

We should see more of movements focussed on true freedom (like the anonymous ideology) instead of the nonsense 99% of the population is encumbering itself with.

For me, i drink once/twice a month, smoke once/twice a month and i eat meat daily while advocating freedom and equality of wealth and health for all.

And shit...i take psychedlics once in 6 months, can't wait to get some shrooms or do Ayahuasca (for the first time) after my cut is finished.
>>
>>35929553
How old are you? Also, yeah drugs can be fun, but wouldn't you say that you are relying on these drugs to have fun? You sound dependent on these. I just don't think they always necessarily "enhance" your fun.
>>
WOW so cool you don't do drugs like my mom and grandma
so cool
>>
>>35928075
straight-edge faggots are worse than vegans
>>
>>35929553
You are the worst kind of person on this planet. Kill yourself.
>>
>Straight edge
Faggots who went around in the late 90s beating people up for drinking or being suspected Nazis, which was everyone to them.
>>
>>35930125
>Only drugs I take are prescription
Because they aren't real drugs, right?
>>
>>35928075
Because I like going out, getting drunk and banging sloots.
>>
>>35928075
because its a fad common amoungst people in their late teens and early 20s, who typically cant afford to get drunk and would rather rationalize it into a shitty subculture. im a geezer and knew a ton of straight edge people back in 2001 - guess how many of them are still straight edge today? just one - my grandma.

trust me, eventually youll get old and all the new punks in the scene will be sure to remind you of that every time you go out to a show. get ready for people coming up and asking 'OMG HOW OLD R U?' and laughing when any number you give is more than 25. youll get sick of this, claim that the scene is nothing like it was three years ago, and ditch it in favor of a pint or two after work with real people.
>>
>>35928075
I'm straight edge only in the sense that I can't hold my booze, it kills gains, and my father was a raging alcoholic. Weed is just shit for you, killing your lungs and making you socially anxious.
>>
File: 1454793676236.jpg (51 KB, 500x386) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1454793676236.jpg
51 KB, 500x386
>>35930569

Weed

>just shit for you
>killing your lungs
>makes you socially anxious
>>
File: Stellsdirrein.jpg (134 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Stellsdirrein.jpg
134 KB, 1920x1080
>>35928075
Because I'm in a german academic fraternity and (heavy) drinking is literally an important part of the culture.
It's fun, but sometimes you wonder why you do this to yourself. Try drinking a 1,8l-Karaffe in one go...
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7
Thread DB ID: 515120



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.