[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Skeleton Motivation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (210KB, 1189x1540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
210KB, 1189x1540px
>27
>skeletal
>unfit entire life
>under-eating entire life
>6ft
>134lbs

Today I did my first workout since school... I am ashamed of my body, of how little stamina I have, of how pathetically weak I am.

I'm reading as much as I can for tips and trying my best to up my food intake.

In the meantime, any former skeleton types around here?? Before after pics?? Tips for eating more other than 'suck it up and eat more'?
>>
Motivation? Look at yourself and you've got it.
>>
>>35795239
I'm presently recovering from skeletal at 29, though not as severe as you. Started at 6 ft 150 lbs, now up to 167 lbs after 4 months of training. There is no secret - you just need to keep eating and working out. Just keep eating a lot after you are full.
>>
>>35795253
I've looked like this forever mate, if it was motivation, I wouldn't be struggling to fix it at 27

>>35795326

How did you manage to eat more after feeling full?? It just kinda sits in my mot mouth not tasteing of anything, and it takes the force of a thousand waterfalls to chew it.
>>
>>35795239
Bump
>>
File: lsd.jpg (1MB, 1683x1200px) Image search: [Google]
lsd.jpg
1MB, 1683x1200px
>>35795342
Do LSD
>>
Was a skelly 8 months ago.

Lifting daily and eating everything in sight.

Now I am otter mode with some fat. Once I cut its perf.

Just eat a lot. And lift a lot.
>>
>>35795746
I do on occasion. Mostly stick to pot and some pills if works dragging a bit.

>>35795767
Good to hear man, how did ya increase your food intake, I'm finding it beyond difficult.

Didn't think the hardest part about getting in shape would be eating more.
>>
1. Start making shakes! Whole milk, oats, bananas, protein powder, greek yoghurt etc. Anything with power. 2. Learn to cook large meals and buy boxes to store your lunch/dinner for days in advance. 3. Get a healthy sleep cycle. 4. Drink a lot of water Just be yourself breh were all gonna make it cmon!
>>
>>35795239
Recovering skelly here. I started lifting at 27 too.

SS is a really great routine to capitalize on the newb gainz and help you gain weight. Make sure you have a solid routine and stick with it.

Also, work on eating, it gets easier as you go. I make my own gainer shakes every night with milk, banana, peanut butter, whey and oats, and drink it before bed each night.

After a couple weeks of SS you can start doing accessories like curls and lats raises and triceps work. I was surprised how fast I gained once I was consistent.

>TFW no longer ashamed of my body.

I got a long way to go but it feels good to be a lot better than I was.
>>
>>35795842
stop smoking weed. Once I cut out weed I got my appetite back, and I started ti actually give a fuck about shit. Also had a lot more energy.
>>
>>35795883
Weed helps me keep eating past the point that I'd normally stop, or gives me an appetite when I'm not hungry, but I agree with the $$$$ statement.
>>
File: minibrogress3.png (2MB, 2520x957px) Image search: [Google]
minibrogress3.png
2MB, 2520x957px
forme skele here. The trick is diet and just commitment. You can't stop because you're embarrassed or because it hurts. You want it, get.

Pic is progress. Used to be around 115-120, now I'm 160lbs
>>
>>35795882
I was 6'5" 159lbs and currently 190
>>
>>35795903
Damn you were hella skele, how long did that take?
>>
>>35795897
That's what i thought, but I realised the only time I could eat was when I was high, after about two weeks of not smoking weed I could eat a fuckton anytime. Your body produces cannabinoids by itself, which aids in digestion, When you smoke weed your body stops producing them and relies on the weed to give you the cannabinoids that your body needs. Also get some pre workout, evertime I take some I want to workout.
>>
>>35795931
that's a time difference of 4 years, but only 2.5 actually caring about diet/lifting 4-5x per week.

I used to think having abs was everything, so when I started lifting I hated the idea of gaining weight. I realized that it was necessary and starting eating above maintenance and recording all my workouts and the progress came quick. Now I'm bulking hopefully to like 175 before the summer and then cutting back down
>>
>>35795903
Very very nice gains. Height? Years? What type of program do you recommend to another recovering skelly.
>>
>>35795950
>used to think having abs was everything, so when I started lifting I hated the idea of gaining weight
shit that's the stage I'm at now lel
>>
>>35795903
How tall are you? 5'7"?
>>
>>35795903
>>35795957
i need to know too
>>
From an ex-skelly to meaty monster, liquid calories helped me enormously. A mega shake can have around 1000 cals, which you can drink in 15 mins. Helps a lot brah.
>>
>>35795957
http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:The_Program
otherwise known as the one linked in the sticky
>>
>>35795978
Yep, same here. Make a huge shake everyday.

My gains have been sup optimal, but at least I look healthy now. You really need to count your calories. If you're' like me you wont' put on weight without counting
>>
>>35795966
I'm 5'9 actually and 160lbs currently

>>35795957
that was 17yo to 21yo. I joined a gym when I was 18 but didn't start really lifting until halfway through 18. Height is 5'9" like I said.

For anybody who's starting out you have so much potential it's stupid. I thought doing a bro split would work but honestly I jumped into an intermediate program and loved it. Mine was Madcow Intermediate 5x5. You need someone to watch your form in this program though, it kicks your ass. Luckily I was lifting with a friend who was more experienced and made sure my lifts were good. You need to eat a lot, I was practically nauseous every day for a month trying to get my appetite to where it needed o be.

If you don't have someone who can watch you, just take that program and reduce the volume so you can control your form
>>
>>35796044
>>35795978
Should mega shakes be drank on rest days or only on days when you actually spend those calories?
>>
>>35796044
Thanks. I've been doing starting strength with accessory lifts (program made by he who shall not be named) and I've seen way more improvement than I would have anticipated. Recently saw my last two exes and each asked if I work out, said I look 'big' and said I'm way 'funnier' now. Lmao. You're right it makes such a difference.
>>
File: updated progress pics.png (1MB, 1362x922px) Image search: [Google]
updated progress pics.png
1MB, 1362x922px
>>35795239
currently in the process of escaping the skeletal zone. Im still relatively skelly but its getting there. Ive been hitting a bulk the past 2 months but the progress is slow. Just remember to eat a lot and work out hard. See if you can shadow someone who knows what they are doing while working out, that way you can develop a routine. Something I wish I had done sooner was count my calories. Go get some tests done to find out your BMR so you can plan your diet accordingly. The sooner you figure that out and start counting your macros, the sooner you'll get big. Trust me its worth the time and effort to do it right.
>>
>I am ashamed of my body, of how little stamina I have, of how pathetically weak I am

God damn, OP, you may have deeper issues. I'm a 5'10 130lbs skellington and I've never had such unhealthy negative feelings. Then again, I do manual labor and have a slender "toned" girl physique, which I've always found sexy, senpai. If you don't like yourself, don't complain, change.
>>
>>35796121
everyday. got to keep the calories up errday
>>
>>35796121
Everyday buddy. On days where you may be struggling to complete your daily intake, a mega shake will boost your numbers straight up. You can add all sorts to the mix, like berries and Special K and peanut butter, just experiment with ingredients really. Oh and get a blender ofc.
>>
>>35796254
>girl physique
>which I've always found sexy
>manual labor
You are either a whole heap of interesting or a very odd little gril
>>
>>35796154
in pic 1 you'd never worked out. thats not skeletal mate that a good physique for someone who doesnt excercise. mirin ur current m7
>>
File: fuccboi 05.jpg (934KB, 2188x2260px) Image search: [Google]
fuccboi 05.jpg
934KB, 2188x2260px
LADS
A
D
S
>>
>>35796154
You weren't skelly.. and I don't know how the hell your biceps could double in size in just over a month
>>
File: 4mo ..png (693KB, 643x724px) Image search: [Google]
4mo ..png
693KB, 643x724px
Took 4 months to leave skelly mode, now trying to leave DYEL mode
>>
>>35796655
Fag
>>
>>35796655
You kinky thing
>>
>>35795342
Just eat more often and eat stuff that is dense in protein and calories.
>>
>>35796655
Post fuccboi bum
>>
>>35796850
That's pretty good for 4 months I think. Height and weights?
>>
>>35797228
Thanks!

180cm started at 67kg
I think i was 77kg on that pic
>>
>>35797287
Yeah dude that's very good progress. 10 kilos in 4 months is really good. Keep it up you're gonna make it.
>>
>>35797287
Routine? SS and you went gym 3 days a week right?
>>
I fucking hate my body, people call me skeleton, I see photos of me at the beach and you can see the outline of my ribs

that's what keeps me going, that's my motivation. I'm sick of being uncomfortable in this skin
>>
>>35795842
>doing drugs
>making it
pick one
>>
>>35795767
what routine tho
>>
>>35797434
I think you need the atlas man routine.
>>
>>35795959
same here, I think one solution is to raise your intake and use exercise to burn off fat as you need to - that way you can be adding mass without it necessarily meaning a higher bf%
>>
File: 1.jpg (349KB, 841x1312px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
349KB, 841x1312px
am currently skelly, doing SL 5x5 but I dropped gym for like 2 months when I was going through some family stuff I don't want to go into
getting back on the horse though
>>
>>35795239
PAJEEET MY SON
>>
>>35796768
>I don't know how the hell your biceps could double in size in just over a month

it's called "Da Pamp"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xZQ0YZ7ls4
>>
>>35796850
how the FUCK did your shoulders explode like that? what on earth were you doing
>>
>>35797399
SS with dips, pull ups and curls (only on fridays)
3 days a week, think I missed 1 day in total at the gym

I've switched to texas method now
>>
>>35795239
i know this feel very well
i used to blame muh fast metabolism
yeah right

you absolutely must get myfitnesspal and actually used it
>seriously
once you start knowing how much youre actually eating you will get bigger
i couldnt eat much either, but i made sure that i didnt go to bed until i hit my goal, i used a lot of fluids like juices and did GOMAD to fill up the calorie goal
i didnt even work out much at the start of it because i was lazy and just wanted to gain weight

you have to know how much youre eating, it doesnt matter good or bad or carb bullshit
just eat as much as possible and you will gain weight
>>
File: 161.png (618KB, 515x745px) Image search: [Google]
161.png
618KB, 515x745px
>>35797511
Dunno senpai. Once I started stalling on ohp I switched to push press

When i started working out I did my work set with the bar lol. Now I push press 75kg
>>
I started at 120lbs 6ft, ate and lifted up to 150lbs then under-ate and sedentaried my way down to 130 again, now around 127 maybe hoping I'll be able to eat my way up again.

what I have found works is a combination approach of caloric density and meal frequency.

if you decide to eat six meals a day and you do it you will most likely gain weight - even more so if you make sure those meals have fat in them, olive oil, dairy, coconut oil etc. look up high caloric density foods, I think it's all the above (cheese esp. in the dairy category) and chocolate.

The main thing is meal frequency, though - if you eat six meals a day (and they're decent, normal-sized) you will most likely add mass of some sort.
>>
>>35797541
isn't PP just OHP but using your knees?
>>
>>35797569
Yeah kinda, you use momentum to press. Once I start stalling I do push press for a couple of weeks then go back to OHP. It's gone up every time I've done this.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.