[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/OWG/ - Olympic Weightlifting General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 197
Thread images: 17

File: ass.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ass.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
/OWG/ - A thread for the discussion of weightlifting and all things related. Keep the insults and shitposting to a minimum.

ASS

>If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
http://pastebin.com/1HgVcGam
http://pastebin.com/wCXeXfkk
http://www.chinfl.blogspotco.uk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
http://www.reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq
http://www.iwf.net/doc/technical.pdf
http://yashathoughts.com/

>The information that you are looking for is probably in the above links.
That includes routines, shoes, information on the lifts, etc. Check out the pastebins for literature or the reddit faq for general information.

Included in this youtube playlist are videos related to weightlifting which you may find useful or insightful:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists

ded thred
>>35698600
>>
if i wanted /fit/ humour i'd ask for norsefat's cleanwork video
>>
>>35738037
are you the skeleton who keeps posting form checks

lmao
>>
>>35738057
no

i have a coach so i don't need people who don't know what they are talking about cretiquing my lifts
>>
>>35738072
I hope he is an English language coach
>>
>>35737246

From the pastebin:

>Ebooks
These two are the best for a complete overview of weightlifting, including the exercises and programming, as well as many other aspects of the sport:

>The Training of the Weightlifter - Roman
http://www.mediafire.com/download/503z9v67j5lcmhd/Training+Weightlifter.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/download/t2g23cjca477c9o/The+Training+of+the+Weightlifter+-+Roman.pdf (secondary link)

>Olympic Weightlifting: A Complete Guide for Athletes & Coaches - Everett
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8ltmmae8kmh16h9/Everrett.pdf
http://www.sendspace.com/file/aykm06 (secondary link, enormous file)

>More ebooks
>Weightlifting Programming: A Winning Coach's Guide - Takano
http://www.mediafire.com/view/9m97be87ftkjgs3/Takano.pdf

>Managing the Training of Weightlifters - Laputin
http://www.mediafire.com/download/31raj02a52hq2o/Managing+the+Training+of+Weightlifters+-+Laputin.pdf

>Training for Weightlifting - Garhammer
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fxcl1kkgtlo8w8m/Training+for+Weightlifting+-+Garhammer.pdf

>Science and Practice of Strength Training 2 - Zatsiorsky et al
http://www.mediafire.com/download/yajismjtu68yuw/Science+and+Practice+of+Strength+Training+2+-+Zatsiorsky+et+al.pdf

>Becoming a Supple Leopard - Kelley Starrett
http://www.mediafire.com/download/faxb536k9gdny4i/Becoming+a+Supple+Leopard.pdf

>Relative Saftey of Weightlifting and Weight Training
http://www.velocitysp.com/multimedia/docs/lehi/Hamill,_Relative_Safety-3.pdf

Honestly, you won't learn that much from random nitpicking anons on OWG compared to how much you'll learn from reading 10% of this literature
>>
>>35738518
<3

So, I have a bit of an understanding of programming, and honestly my strength training will be completely separated from training the c&j and snatch.

In my mind, my #1 goal is to just learn how to do the fuckers.... I don't think i'll be needing any volume or progression of any insane amounts for them. I would just like to get my ability to do them caught up to my general strength level.

1) is this a stupid goal?

2) which of those sources should I look to first to find that?
>>
>>35738585
>progression of any insane amounts for them

if it was that easy you'd think those weightlifters with insane squats should have no problem breaking wrs everytime they compete?

just learning how to do the lifts doesn't mean you'll be able to transfer your strength directly into them
>>
>>35738606
I've read squat every day. I know about specificity. I know about volume, accumulation of fatigue, I understand the implication of what I said, But i'm also not talking about doing anything crazy.

I don't even expect to ever hit over 150 kg clean in my life. I just want a basic ability to do them that isn't completely asshat retarded.

If i never snatch more than 80 kg, I'll be completely content as long as they aren't completely brokenly incorrect.

I just want to be able to do a clean that doesn't feel like shit, and I'm interested in learning how to press better for strongman. Sorry for any confusion.
>>
>>35738654
>>35738585
by "progression" I mean very basic, step by step, "this is how you do a snatch", beginners' technique learning progression, the kind you could complete in a couple of hours

That kind of technique learning progression is covered in a few of those books, and there are a lot of youtube videos on it as well, though most of the youtube videos aren't very helpful and just show some guy do a few perfect snatches
>>
>>35738654
why didnt you post this instead

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAk0Z4gzH56/

this looks way better than any of the ones you posted here

i think you're overthinking the technique too much, you need to bring your hips down a bit on the starting position

>over 150 kg clean

you're setting the bar wayyy too low idk how strong you are but i think you're stronger than me but i've hit over 150 clean in under 3 years full time weightlifting with only a 210 squat
>>
>>35738706
ok. I'm following you. Thanks again man.

>>35738730
aslfhgalksdfj

so that instagram one i did a while back was better than everything I did in the youtube video? I went OUT of my way to do the ones in the youtube video because I was told that one looked like fucking garbage

>150 too low
thats fine. idc. I just want to be able to do it ( ._.)

>bring your hips down on starting position, wait, did you watch everything in the youtube video? I was told that some of the start positions were looking much better in it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwKjilwtMJY
>>
>>35738767
i was talking about the instagram vid i linked, the only apparent problem i see in that is you start with hips way too high

yeah the start position in youtube is better but the clean technique overall was better in that instagram when you're not thinking about 1000 different cues

i bet you can get close to 120-130 right now if you tried even when you pull it way high

i didnt watch the jerk just the clean btw in that insta

idk don't just take everything you read here as good advice

seriously if you can travel to a place with decent weightlifters they can show you just how easy it really is to do cleans

after that you just need to keep practicing then it might catch up with your strength level
>>
>>35738813
ok yeah, i gotcha.

I'll give it some more work tomorrow with some heavier weights maybe....

and yeah the jerk is garbage. I'll cross that bridge when i get there.

>120-130
y-yea totally

>don't take everything here as good advice
yeaaaahhhh. maybe i should be more conservative with that
>>
>>35738913
Ayyy norselad was here, sad I missed him
>>
>>35739500
still here. lurking before i go to bed.

missed making fun of me? :(
>>
just started teaching myself the snatch.. never really realized how shit my mobility is until now..

fighting lumbar flexion, basically as soon as i hit parallel..

any way to work on mobility where the lumbar meets the thoracic?
>>
>>35739508
U r top lad bby, u kno I luff u. Anon already helped you with everything I could have, you really should read some of the literature if you can spare the time
>>
>>35738004
what nationality is this girl?
>dat belly pulse on the clean hold
>>
>>35739743
I think that's a Poland singlet?
>>
>>35739751
230# is kind of light for a polish girl's clean though..
>>
>>35739778
The plates are taller than her torso, she's got to be a 48

Why don't I recognise your trip?
>>
>>35739836
i haven't been to /fit/ in almost 2 years
>>
>>35738767
It is common to learn snatch before CJ. You cannot cheat in snatch as easily (like curling), work on mobility and you can grasp the idea faster.

>If i never snatch more than 80 kg
yeah I know that feeling, when I started I thought 90 kg snatch is for superhumans and I will never get it. It is very easy once you have the (not even good, but merely not atrocious) technique.
>>
>>35739854
why is your back bent and how much do you snatch/c&j
>>
>>35740115
sitting like a slob for years. snatch is 70kg, cj 111kg
but i cant lift heavy until i fix my back. pretty much guaranteed to blow a disc out otherwise
>>
>>35739836
>>35739778
>>35739743
>>35739751

It's rebeka koha. She's Latvian.

>implying 105kg c&j is bad for a 17yr old girl
>>
>>35738585
Everett's book is the shit. Honestly though, without a coach I'd stick to power variations, maybe even just muscle snatches. You'll build a reasonable base for when you do find a coach, and not fuck yourself up in the meantime.
>>
I quit
>>
>>35738730
The weight is too light for him to actually feel the clean and jerk.

>>35738767
Extend more, use the "pull yourself under the bar "cue, you're trying to pull the bar up on your shoulders rather than pulling yourself under the bar. You should try it with a weight heavy enough so you dont just row the bar up
>>
made a max-out today.
did not prepare and was not even fully recovered.
Snatch was total shit, I expected to get 100 or 103 but could not even lift 93 properly.
My best are 105\125 and now snatch is so fucking far behind... I think that my ankle injury has to do with that, my bottom position now is shaky AF and I can't regain the ankle mobility I had before.

Any comments are welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGiWQgN_oBI
>>
>>35741213
>>35739669
>>35741914

trying to learn this stuff is such a rollercoaster of emotions.

I got to the gym, make some progress learning some things and get really really excited, then come back here, realize just how far away I still am, get slightly depressed and angry, then I chill out, come back and read these comments and I'm finding myself excited to read some of this material and get to the gym today to try some heavier cleans and maybe a snatch or two.

>>35740099
I've heard this elsewhere as well. its a little frustrating because I don't quite have the hip and shoulder mobility for it just yet. I'm very close to having enough to just barely do it (albeit disgustingly) but not quite. it doesn't help I keep doing a shitload of pressing in my other time....pecs and delts are always sore and tight lol
>>
File: Squat.jpg (87KB, 595x594px) Image search: [Google]
Squat.jpg
87KB, 595x594px
My body wants to go into a stance similar like this, and it feels comfortable and natural, but forcing a perfectly symmetrical squat stance doesnt. What could be the cause of this?
>>
>>35742430
fuck off you havent made any improvements even without a coach your form should be good, get your fucking act together
>>
>>35742486
bone length
>>
>>35742511
It is my right leg wanting to go off like his does, also noticed my right ankle is stiffer than my left. I stretch it a lot, foamroll my calves a lot and its as if my joint just wont allow it on my right side. Should i just go with it and squat with a slightly staggered stance?
>>
>>35742525
i already squat with one foot a bit behind the other, so does klokov
>>
>>35742544
Alright, thanks for the replies man. Ive just been deathly afraid of muscle imbalances but i suspect forcing my body to do something that isnt IDEAL for my imperfections just makes it worse.
>>
>>35738057
no, that's me, but now i also have a coach so i don't need u fucking fat powershitters giving me shit advice :^)
>>35738518
fuck i never realized you guys had links for book downloads
>>
>>35742424
Snatch looks quite wild and out of control

Also... Those plates look tiny...
>>
>>35742673
yeah, they are small. Essentially, I do deficit lifts
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Well I slept on it and I'm done.
Had fun while I did it, but I'd rather watch. I'd continue if there was a cheaper place to train.

Gonna take up the cello and train for free at my unit gym. See you on the flip side /owg/. Had fun times
>>
>>35740257
>>35740257
THIS FUCKING SHILLFUCK FUCN FUCMF KEK FKEKF UCCKF KEKXKSOJQNSIWIQ WBWJEN REEEEEEEEEWE
>>
>>35742701
why dont you stack something to put them at the correct height then..?

also its pretty badass how youre training tho man pretty cool
>>
>>35742779
I kinda got used to such height. I tried putting something under at first, but it created more effort than convenience.
>>
Genuine question, whats every one's experience with crossfit gyms?

my gf is already light years ahead of my in snatch and c&j and i found out its because she's been doing actual oly classes....in addition to the fact that shes an actual athlete and i'm not.

I would actually consider maybe going once every other week or something, but idk if they'll let me just go to the oly class and pay for JUST that....and if they do they might rape me on price....

any experience?
>>
>>35742862
Mixed bag. Some produce amazing lifters some are indoctrinating shills who will take your money and make you worse

If you gf is making progress, chances are the coaching is atleast OK. Get her to ask for you. We can't really advise you anything else other than that.
>>
>>35742862
you should give up oly lifting
>>
>>35742862
dont give up norsie, ur a fat fuck but everyone can do oly.
just find a coach to learn the basics and then study on your own.
alan thrall i already stronger than everyone on this shitty board and has been doing oly for 3 months
>>
File: 1380611362403.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1380611362403.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>35743147
>you should give up oly lifting
dude, I haven't even started.

you should migrate to a board more suited for you

>>>/cm/
>>
>>35742862
one of the major problems with crossfit is the lack of quality control. the gyms range from the most retarded shit to legitimate, high quality gyms with excellent coaches. as long as you have the cash you can open a crossfit gym. there's no reason to expect that your local crossfit gym will be anything like whatever experiences people on /fit/ have with them.
>>
>>35743188
>>35742895
Yeah, I've noticed that myself alot and has historically been my biggest issue with it.

>>35743178
>but everyone can do oly.

i mean, I realized i've been blinded a bit by the nasty attitude on 4chan but is this true?

>alan thrall
i didn't know he was doing oly, time to go look it up
>>
>>35743178
>alan thrall i already stronger than everyone on this shitty board

lol i shit on that fat fuck i competed against him in SF
>>
Everyone can do oly. Clint darden is an old mofo with no flexibility at all and hes still power snatching 100kg or sonshit despite being like 90yrs old

You gotta realise some dudes will be good in 2months and some it takes 2years but everyone can improve if they out in the work
>>
>>35743366
good to hear
>>
>>35743275
yes is true, but be ware of shitty coaches, they're worse than learning on your own.
>>
>>35743284
yeah good job, i bet you had a 250 total after 3 months too right?
>>
>>35742795
then i assume youre not going to ever compete? cuz if u are you gotta get used to pulling a the right height ASAP
>>
>>35743543
oh, for some reason i read you saying that you found it awkward pulling at proper height. either way.. if youre using the same diameter plate every time, leave it it already stacked there.

you can also just get training plates, or even 10lb bumper plates (which are 1/3rd the price of training plates but will also break easily when dropped, on the flipside, training plates are light and practically indestructible, but they can be as much as $100 for EACH plate). cheapest of all 3 options is take plywood, cut it into a circle and then cut a circle in the middle and load those on the bar plus your change weights.

or just stack some bricks or wood and use the same plate diameter every time? I doubt it's that much of a pain man?
>>
>>35742795
It's not for convenience it's how you should lift if you want to compete or even just lifting with proper plates

Your starting position would change due to the height so you better get used to it now
>>
>>35743658
>>35744043

thx for the input, I never even thought about that.
Anyway, I have to go to the other gym because I cannot put more weight on the barbel (it weighs 13.5 kg lol but otherwise good for oly). 143kg is maximum it can hold and I need more even for my front squat. I think I will go to the klokov gym lol. I wonder if he gives lessons.
>>
>>35744977
Cross fit baza or whatever it's called?

They have national level athletes training there you should definitely go
>>
>>35745050
yeah. it is called "klokov bazateam". Does not make much sense in English but sounds cool.

The reason why I trained here was because it is literally in the next room to where I work. It is a corporate gym. And no one gives a fuck if I scream there, or drop weights etc (I don't drop because I respect the gym, but still). So I could train there. The convenience of being able to make a break in a workday to make several squat sets and then continue to work without even leaving the building is huge.
>>
>>35742430
Ya, I'm shit but I love this oly stuff. It's really difficult, and it's really interesting. And because I'm finding it difficult I want to do better.
>>
Is it alright if I switch to power jerks if I suck at split jerks.
>>
i have trouble with full extension and third pull speed in the snatch and clean, should i just stick with the power variations until i figure it out?
>>
>>35745799
That's retarded the only difference between power and full lifts should be the height where you stop the bar

Full extension is required for both even moreso for the power variations
>>
>>35745716
if u can handle the bantz m8

squat jerks are the sumo deadlifts of oly lifting
>>
File: EYYYYYYYEESSSSSSS.webm (1MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
EYYYYYYYEESSSSSSS.webm
1MB, 854x480px
I PUSH MY FINGERS INTO MYYYYYYYYYY
>>
>>35747005

you look retarded
>>
Real talk though, this is excruciatingly frustrating.

I keep thinking I understand what I need to do / whats happening thats wrong and then I can't seem to fix it.

>>35747023
THANKS CAPTAIN OBVIOUS

>>35747056
rofl i know.

>its just a simple movement that you're having trouble with

which movement? I need to know what to do to fix it, and
>just stretch.... comfortable doing front squats
doesn't make sense, as I've been doing front squats for a very long time and I'm already very comfortable with them? Of course what do I know, but still
>>
File: Oh shit I'm not low enough.png (479KB, 533x771px) Image search: [Google]
Oh shit I'm not low enough.png
479KB, 533x771px
>>35747005
I'm not /oly/ but it looks like your just not getting under the bar fast enough. You look kind of awkward doing it, but the basics seem to be there aside from just not getting under the bar.

It looks like the bar peaks here, so if you wanted to drop under it at this point you'd have to pull yourself a head length under the bar while it's falling. It doesn't help that the bar is too forward, but if I were you I'd practice getting under the bar faster than you are, instead of doing 9000 reps to correct the other awkwardness in your clean.
>>
>>35747005
>>35747056
>>35747104
Sorry, forgot to ask;

I'm relatively experienced at / somewhat Ok at front squats. My intuition is telling me that the two biggest problems with these attempts were

1) can't drop under the bar because retarded
2) bar is too far forward because i'm still hip banging / using too much of my arms
3) my body is too far back because i'm not jumping and landing where I need to, if I even move my feet at all

or some combination of #2 and #3
>>
>>35747162
I'm absolutely certain that i'm not getting under it enough, but even when I did get under it it felt like i wasn't in the right spot to catch it.

so the bar is too far forward (I honestly have no gauge of where its supposed to be, even just looking at it). Does any one know, is this because i'm not pulling with my arms enough? is it because I'm hitting to early? is it because i'm still bringing my hips to the bar instead of going straight up?

FWIW I haven't had a chance to read anything yet and probably won't until next weekend :(
>>
>>35747005
did u just say fuck it and go from like 50% cleans w/ like 1plate to nearing 100% w/ 3plate
>>
>>35747162
It's hilarious how strong you are, and how bad you are at basic technique things. You're able to clean 120kg(?) up to your nipples, but you can't manage to dip under the bar and catch it.

I remember awhile ago you were having similar trouble with push presses: you couldn't figure out how to get any real leg drive, but had the upper body strength to lock out 120kg anyways.
>>
>>35747162
>idk what I'm talmbout

>here's an advice anyway
>>
File: 1384230775168.gif (954KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1384230775168.gif
954KB, 320x240px
>>35747257
n-no

I've done 2 plates off and on over the last 3 weeks.... Today was the first time i've tried to go over 2 plates... I go a bunch of "successful" (not really) 245 lb cleans previously and then just went to this.

I mean, I feel like its useful to see what fucks up here to know what the lowest hanging fruit is? I'm probably wrong....

>>35747295
>>35747295
>It's hilarious how strong you are, and how bad you are at basic technique things.

You're telling me.... however, can we please at least be real, this shits not basic. its un-natural and un-intuitive. Sure it seems antural once you've done 120358972305 reps for 10 years, but I dont know a single person thats ever been able to just work on this shit for a week and figure it out.....

its 275 lbs / 125 kg.

my push press is still the same way... I've brute forced 134 kg before ( ._.)
>>
>>35747315
>I've never bothered getting serious with oly lifting, and even I can tell that you're just not getting low enough to catch the bar. Maybe you should sort out this basic problem instead of letting mediocre athletes on /oly/ circle jerk over technique minutia
>>
>>35747395
what kinda jumps do you take in weight?
>>
File: цфе.png (120KB, 242x300px) Image search: [Google]
цфе.png
120KB, 242x300px
>>35747005
that 120 kg? How much do you squat?

you don't get low enough. You need to do it faster, like actually DIVE under the bar, and also move the ass back. try to hit your heels with your ass.

how low can you front squat? How comfortable are you when the bar is on your shoulders? Look at the picture, you should be able to hold the weight easily from that position, it is 7 second into the webm, but instead of moving your ass into the squat position you keep it up.

You could also hold it there and not even go full squat. But you need to keep your elbows forward and use leg strength to quickly put downward bar movement to a halt. I don't know why you dropped it. Maybe you didn't have the leg strength, but it looks like you just didnt know what to do.
>>
>>35747518

today: (all in lbs because no kg plates)
45 lbs( bar)
65 lbs
95 lbs
115 lbs
135 lbs
185 lbs
225 lbs * fucked up one rep, all the rest were 10000x worse than the webm, so i dropped back down to
275* all fails, all shown in the webm

>>35747547
Ive done 272.5 kg high bar (pretty gross form though) in a powerlifting competition and I've done 279 Lowbar in training.

>try to hit your heels with your ass

this confuses me. which way? bring ass to heels or heels to ass?

>how low can you front squat
https://www.instagram.com/p/BAf5pRhzH1m/?taken-by=norsefat

I've done 200 kg front squat before. over 200 kg when i was still using knee wraps.

This IG post i actually fell apart really bad - that was my first time touching a front squat over 200 lbs in about 25 weeks so I was really rusty. If i went back and did that now it wouldn't look so atrocious (not trying to boast my ego, genuinely trying to paint the right picture for you guys to try and help me)

>could also hold and just not squat it

ok, this is my biggest question right now. I catch 275 lbs at the same height I catch 225. 225 works, 275 doesn't, and i think its because I need to get into the squat.

That shouldn't be a problem, but I think my feet need to be in a different spot to get into the squat, and I just don't know how to do that in the middle of the clean.... Does this make sense? am i just being stupid?
>>
>>35747005
You're not fully extending norsie. You're just yanking the bar up. Pull YOURSELF under it.
>>
>>35747395
It's not that oly lifting is basic, it's that you're having trouble with basic things like getting under a bar. All you have to do is dip under the bar and land in a quarter squat; it should come naturally to 90% of people. They have HS football teams doing this stuff. For some reason you can't do this basic thing, but you have the rare ability to man-handle a 275lbs bar because you're just a strong dude.

I'm really just busting your balls because it's funny and shouldn't bug you that much. At the end of the day you can probably 15RM more than the average oly lifter can squat, so I wouldn't worry too much if your technique is a work in progress.
>>
>>35747713
Also, look at lu xiaojun's cleans, you'll see what i mean by fully extending and pulling yourself under the bar. Of course your anatomy is completely different, just try and see what i mean
>>
>>35747005
the bar is so far away from your body. thats why you cant get under it.
>>
>>35747730
>>35747769
Ok. I'll def study them tonight a little

>>35747755
sorry, didn't mean to sound like i was being bitter :(

>it should come naturally to 90% of people
this is whats making me so upset. GF just instinctively knows how to do this and it took her no time flat to figure it out.... fuck, she can clean 180 lbs and she's been doing it for like 2 months...

I do agree it is funny though.

>>35747788
right, why is it far away and how to bring it in? is it because i'm not pulling myself under? does my pull need to be engaged more backwards? is it because my hips are still getting thrown into it? or is it because I have too much arm in the movement?I'm so fundamentally retarded I can't even tell.....
>>
>>35747442
how do you squat 500
>just lift it

>i squat 135 but i never bothered getting serious with it, even i can tell that the way to lift 500 is just to lift it and not circle jerk over technique minutia
>>
>>35747809
>>it should come naturally to 90% of people

no it doesn't stop fucking taking everything these non lifting folks tell you

you're unathletic as fuck you know that much, it shouldn't be a surprise this is happening

i'm the guy who told you to just go for it, now you know what your limit is, you can do technique work by that i mean lift it again and again till it almost becomes natural then it should carry over to heavier weights with maybe 80-100kg

>>35747788
no it wasn't so far away, you clean what 100kg?

>>35747809
those are PR attempts everything goes haywire, focus on doing the lighter weights correctly, the advice you got from this thread before this webm and the last thread should be enough
>>
Thanks every body.

I'll come back to this later tonight and maybe some tomorrow to try and figure shit out but for right now i'm a little too flustered to do much about it.
>>
>>35747713
>>35747713
>275 kg highbar
>200 kg front squat
yeah, you certainly have the strength to catch that.

It is not only that the bar is far. It is that you are so hesitant to dive under. In the video, after the bar is on your shoulders, your shoulders move down faster than your ass. Which makes your back horizontal, Instead, you want to be upright as possible. Divebombing under the bar is the best mental image here.

I also came to wl from pl and my advice is, lower the weight and work a bit on the movement. It can be frustrating (I could brute force 115 kg overhead from the floor when I started and could not clean 100 kg if I tried to use proper technique lol), but it is beneficial. Also, just keep lifting and it will get better.
>>
>>35747809
oh and stop listening to these people telling you, you didnt go low enough

you catch where you pull the bar when you're a beginner, pulling it low and catching it low should come with time. it might take longer for you, even the trips we have here like i said don't catch it rock bottom or lower than parallel, that shit comes from years of lifting, it's easy for these people to say just do it when they haven't tried

i think that's what causing your frustration, this is how /fit/ works idk how you still dont have that figured out, buncha dyels telling you it's easier than it actually is
>>
>>35747823
There's little to no value in indulging technique minutia because he has a simple problem that should only require a simple solution. When he's adds 40kg to his clean then it's worth sweating the small stuff. For now, he could see so much improvement by covering the basics and learning to catch a _powerclean_, rather than by worrying about piddly little shit that an intermediate-advanced lifter would focus on.
>>
>>35748061
>There's little to no value in indulging technique minutia

no one is doing that

you're acting like the lifts are so easy everyone should be able to do it right off the bat

have you tried attempting prs in anything did it always go well, wow i bet you're a real good athlete who just never got serious into anything if you did you would have broken the 1000kg clean for sure right?
>>
>>35747884
>no it wasn't so far away
it was like a foot away from his chest in a few of them
>>35747809
>why is it far away
it might be shoulder mobility. try doing hanging power cleans with just the bar to work on keeping everything tight. i had a coach tell me to just keep the put a bar on the rack, put your chest up against it, grab it like your at the top of the pull with your elbows above the bar, and just practice spinning the bar to get under it. it will help with flexibility in your upper body and shoulders
>>
>>35747005
I'm not a pro but here are some things that might help.
1. Pulling with arms too early
2. Knees aren't coming forward enough
3. Elbows are slow.

Also if you pull too hard it is hard to pull yourself under the bar as you are fully committed to an upward motion.
>>
>>35748301
>Also if you pull too hard it is hard to pull yourself under the bar as you are fully committed to an upward motion.

>I'm not a pro

yeah shut the fuck up then
>>
>>35748338
he has a point with the elbows. i dont know about the knees though..
>>
>>35738004
I started prioritizing squats in my program cuz it's shit. I went from 110 to 117 in a week but I found that if I do this my classic lifts become hard as fuck afterwards. My goal is to bump my Squat up to 140 before March. Is this worth it where I just progress on the Squat and very little on classic lifts?
>>
>>35747005
You're gripping and ripping, as in, you're rushing the whole lift. There's a reason that a lot of coaches have lifters only do hang clean/snatches for several months, because it enforces the core movement, the 2nd pull

Don't get me wrong, eventually you want to be going as fast as you can, but that's after like a year of perfecting your form.

You shouldn't be doing cleans/snatches from the floor if you can't even catch them.

And you better read that damned literature anon linked otherwise you're just wasting your time
>>
>>35747005
Also take your videos straight from the side next time, it's easier to see most form errors from the side. Can't tell much from this angle
>>
When I go into the bottom of a clean, I have my fingers under the bar but my thumb not touching the bar at all, which I believe is typical. When I stand up, I pop the bar up a little at the top and slip my thumbs under the bar, so I can push harder on the jerk. Is this typically done? Is it wrong for some reason?
>>
>>35749990
this is your cue to ignore this poster
>>
>>35750043
Can't see if the bar is near his midfoot or if it's near/in front of his toes from this angle. Thus, it's hard to say whether he's missing the catch due to lack of confidence, or just trying to catch the bar too far forward, which is one of the most common beginner mistakes.

It's also hard to tell if his back is leaned too far forward when he starts the 2nd pull from an oblique camera position.

It's also harder to tell if his hips are starting low, or if he's trying to speed-deadlift it, from an oblique camera position.

It's also hard to tell if he's coming up on his toes early.

It's also hard to tell if he's humping the bar away from him.

It's also hard to tell if his arms are rotated correctly when he's setting up.

It's also hard to tell if he's bending his arms early.

Maybe if you're there in person with stereo vision, audio, and knowledge of the person's past training and difficulties, then you can make an accurate assessment from anywhere in the room, but when you're looking at a grainy low framerate webm, oblique views aren't very helpful
>>
>>35750183
it is when you don't know what you're talking about

go read some more books maybe you'll lift 20kg with all the reading you do
>>
File: 190 dead.webm (847KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
190 dead.webm
847KB, 1920x1080px
i found a chinese guy to write my programming until my next comp. So chinese methods for 40ish days and then back to bulgarian.
>>
>>35750346
I'm going to choose to believe you just walked up to a random Asian and asked them to write you programming
>>
guys i want now to start doing cardio with lifting but i have a problem

everytime i try to start with cardio, if i jump rope for 1 minute intervals for 10 min (1 min jumping 1 min resting), i end tired as fuck and after i start resting from it my chest hurts like if i got angina or something, the pain/discomfort is localized in my left rib and sometimes it goes up to my neck (always left side, never the center, it gets better when lying). After a while i feel Lightheadedness, i have some reflux going on and i feel like i have trouble swalling

i don't know if it's anxiety because of the cardio and new exercise or i have some heart problem going on

this doesn't happen when i lift and i go very hard a it (probably the same bpm in both but after squats i never get that chest discomfort feeling)

i'm in bad shape and the cardio takes its toll or i should go to the doctor ? (I did an EKG months ago and i just had sinus arrhythmia, nothing more)
>>
>>35747005

worst form ive ever seen. drop down to 1 plate and get under the bar faggot
>>
>>35750512
Well yeah they know how to wl. There aren't many around here so i got lucky
>>
>>35749913
Interesting. It makes sense. I've actually noticed myself that i have a hard time getting the second pull right from the ground, and i have to do "reset" reps of just the clean to keep things in line.

to play devils advocate though
>you shouldn't do cleans from the floor if you can't catch them

why not? Not disagreeing, just curious.

>reading
don't worry, its on my list. I was told the one by everette was the one to start with, I think?

would you have a recommendation as to what to start with?
>>
my back (haven't done a clean and jerk in 2 weeks) is still fucked but im gonna try to front squat 200kg anyway in february
>>
>>35752457
>200kg front squat
>220kg? backsquat
>can barely CnJ 150
the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>35749753
plz respond.
>>
>>35752348
>you shouldn't do cleans from the floor if you can't catch them

This isn't specifically a relationship between only failure to catch and pulling off of the floor; it's a relationship between any major form flaw and pulling off of the floor.

The vast majority of self-taught beginners completely bungle the entire lift. They just kind of deadlift fast then curl with a hop, completely missing the fundamentals of the lift. The meat and potatoes of both lifts is the 2nd pull, and it's surprisingly difficult for self-learners to pick up, because with a broomstick/empty barbell it really doesn't feel that powerful. But, instead of focusing on the 2nd pull and working from a hang position, they start from the floor. You get a lot of upward momentum from the 1st pull off of the floor, and this can let you cheat to complete the lift less than optimally and fudge the 2nd pull. The average gymgoer can sloppily wrest up 1 plate off of just the 1st pull momentum, and a big guy like you could do your 2 plate. But the beginner misses forwards at higher weights and gets frustrated, and thinks that he's just got to do the lifts faster and harder, faster and harder. So he pulls off the ground faster and starts his bungled 2nd pull even sooner and has his weight even farther forward on his toes. That's just the common psychology of it, when they get frustrated the start the 2nd pull earlier, to their detriment. Then if you don't even know what a good 2nd pull is supposed to look like, it's even worse.

So consistently missing your weights forward when you've cleaned them that high is indicative that you have a poor 2nd pull, whether it be from starting it too early or never having the bar snug to you and your weight on your heels/midfoot.

And if you don't have your 2nd pull down, the starting from the floor lets you cheat, and also throws more noise into the learning process. That's why coaches use technique progressions.
>>
>>35753068

This is literally my problem. My experienced friend says my first pull/starting position is basically perfect but I need to extend more and get down lower more quickly, as well as my mobility for the catch not being super atm
>>
>>35747005
You look like you're not keeping the bar close enough as you move to extension. This could be something that is causing you to send the bar forwards. Check out torokhtiy videos about the second pull, try to keep tension in the lats as you pass your knees and go up your thighs, as your upper body gets to upright, then bar should be close.

You are also defo rushing and yanking it hard from the get go. Try going really really slow and just getting the positions right. 80kg is probably an easy weight for you for this exercise. Take bar up super slow from floor, up to knees, keep going super slow up thighs, wait until bar is in power position, will take you about ten seconds to get here, once upper body upright, then triple extension as fast as possible and pull under as fast as possible.

You've got a little bit of early arm bend by the looks of it too. The way that the lifts work is that your whole body extends to elevate the bar, your triple extension will be so much stronger than your arms that you'll likely straighten already bent arms if you extend with them pre-bent, so the bar will lose a bit of the speed upwards that it could have had with locked arms.

Most people bend their arms early to get the bar a little higher into what feels like the best position to triple extend from, but if you can move your grip out a little you'll get the same effect of bringing the bar up higher on your thighs. For reference I grip bar with pinkies on the snatch rings to clean, I am 5'11

Body is slow getting under the bar, most likely because you've got your timing for your third pull off. It looks like you're trying to pull with your upper body too early, third pull starts at triple extension, upper body only holding bar in place so that triple extension can elevate the bar maximally. Once body has recurved m extended fully, then pull with upper body to get under bar. See yasha blog in op for article on muscle snatches, same applies to cleans.
>>
>>35753308
Body collapses forwards in the catch, impossible to catch bar when it is so far away. If you fs 200kg then you are more than strong enough to clean 125kg. Once your deal with easy issues I would expect 150+kg clean

So to sum up, work on second pull, this is most important part, and you must keep bar close to avoid banging it forward. Try to reduce speed at start of lift and focus on positions, if you want to do this well it will take some time, ego is left at door, should reduce weight something you do not fail every rep. Take grip out a little bit, mobility is important here, and keep arms straight. Full extension THEN pull under hard, rest of lift is slow but this bit is like lightning.

iirc you have better mobility than people would expect and especially so for a bigguy, but you can always improve mobility.
>>
Hey hi hello what ever happened to Sasha posting? I only ever see Matty posting anymore
>>
>>35753504
Sashis posting was bad for me, it gave me a teen weightlifter fetish. I was triggered every time she was posted. Mattie posting was much better
>>
>>35747713
>https://www.instagram.com/p/BAf5pRhzH1m/?taken-by=norsefat
>BPOOOOOT
>>
>>35747005
STOP USING A DYNAMIC START WHEN YOU ARENT EVEN SURE WHAT YOUR START POSITION IS YET
>>
>>35747005
i have to admit norsey

no-one is as retarded or has a stronger will than you
>>
>>35739854
lel, just came back from over a year pause from fit because of the millitary. nice to see this shithead of a trip.
>>
>>
>>35753068
>>35753125
>>35753308
>>35753385

this all seems very logical to me.

So let me make sure i'm understanding the whole of this:

>floor position isn't that bad, but i shouldn't be bothering with it until the second pull becomes second nature
>do hang cleans; get arms out a bit to bring bar up, really focus on having, the bar close to my body (basically watch all the torikhty videos again)
>learn how to do a muscle snatch correct
>focus on dropping under the bar - can I simple use a lower weight, and practice by not shrugging it up as far (bar is closer to the ground) and trying to drop under it fast?

>>35753613
yeah I make some fucked up sounds when lifting.

>>35753798
idk what this even means

>>35753869
thanks.

alot of people (especially on plg) wouldn't believe it, but I can be abhorrently dedicated to learning something if I really want it.

>>35753385
>150kg+ clean

jesus christ, I would be tickled pink just for a 130 :(
>>
>>35755501
Ilya got some mono-action going on
>>
File: a.png (833KB, 685x923px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
833KB, 685x923px
>>35756086
do more front squats, it looks like you're not comfortable getting down into a good front squat position with speed, that's why you missed some of them even when you racked them perfectly

stop focusing on drop under fast most of the time this just causes lifters to cut the pull and have the bar crash on them, the way you do it right now is fine, you just need to get used to front squat position

i really don't get why people are telling you the bar is far out, it's not in my eyes

look at this, you're in a good position to squat down, feet are flat on the ground, heels are not up

what happens in the next frame is your torso collapsing forward but your legs made no effort to go down, makes me think you're just not used to front squatting like i said
>>
>>35756405
I'm definitely used to front squatting lol.

maybe i'm just not used to front squatting fast with loaded barbells flying at my face?
>>
>>35756086
Watch your start. You start slumped over the bar, and you initiate from there, ripping the bar off the ground.

Don't do that. Set your back, arms and feet into your pulling position. Then go. That's a static start and is much better for beginners. Set back, chest up, push floor away with legs.
>>
>>35756086
If you catch high, ride it in. Every time.
>>
File: Stance.jpg (585KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Stance.jpg
585KB, 1440x2560px
Ok guys, so i need a little bit of advice.

I suspect my right foot is a tiny bit longer than my left. Squatting with my right foot slightly infront of my left feels natural, stable and not forced unlike when i try to squat symmetrically. And when i squat symmetrically i tend to lean on my left sigh on the way up and if i pause. My hamstrings are equally mobile, but my right ankle is a bit tighter and no amount of stretching and foamrolling of my calves seem to work, its as if my joint just wont allow it.

Should i get it looked at or can i just keep squatting in a way that feels natural to me? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Pic related.
>>
latest favorite routine?
>>
all i want are adistars
>>
Lads I just wanna say

I FINALLY SNSTCHED BW+ TONIGHT 82.5 AT 80ISH BW IM SO HAPPY :^) thank u all for help
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-09-03-20-50-02.jpg (259KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-09-03-20-50-02.jpg
259KB, 1280x720px
Shoes. I'm in a hick town so I've gotta order online.
My foot is 11.0 to 11.5 , 2e to 4e
Opinions are
>Reekok crossfit lifter 2.0
>Reebok crossfit lifter plus 2.0
>adidas adipower weightlift
>adidas powerlift 2
>adidas powerlift 2.0

I just want to do o lifts
>>
>>35758440
idk much about the reeboks; adipowers and romaleos have a different height/pitch to the heel so that's really the big difference between the two.

i wear adipowers, but desu i like the power perfect 2s better. fuck that powerlift garbage though.
>>
>>35758440
i have powerlifts, powerperfect and reebok crossfir lifter 2.0
power perfects are the best so far, i'm looking to buy a pair of romaleos though, if you wan to stay in the 100 dollar range go for powerperfect, no doubt
>>
>>35758461
>>35758440
also, do win are damn good and you can get themon amazon for 60 bucks, but they're pretty fuckin noisy (wooden heel)
>>
>>35758440
Have tried the Reebok's and the power perfect, pp is hands down winner. Heels feel v low on reebok. Adipowers have same geometry as power perfect just the level up

Put it this way... Reebok and powerlifts are 'lifting shoes' pp2 and adipowers are Olympic weightlifting shoes.
>>
>>35758495
Noisy is sick tho. I wish my pp2 were louder. My buddy's romaleos are noisey as fuck.

I'm not much of a stomper tho I barely lift feet despite my favourite lifters being stampy, it fucks me up to emulate it.
>>
wasn't focusing on much other than front squats and some BB stuff today

did these:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BA-imYbTH2w/?taken-by=norsefat

and then just tried some 1pl8 (135 lbs / 61 kg)hang cleans:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BA-izxlTH3M/?taken-by=norsefat

is this headed in the right direction or nah?

>reminder I won't have a chance to read any of the literature until this upcoming weekend
>don't worry i've already got it all downloaded and ready to go
>>
>>35759711
>https://www.instagram.com/p/BA-imYbTH2w/?taken-by=norsefat
just do hang cleans instead of whatever the fuck that was, same idea that actually works

your hang cleans do look a lot better tho, dont be as wild and rushed with your movements, try to keep it smooth.

you can add the aggression once you know how to move
>>
>>35759711
>is this headed in the right direction or nah?
no you're totally fucked
>>
>>35759749
I was told by an anon in here to try them.

FWIW, I tried those hang cleans before doing that and they did NOT look ok.

I did 3 sets of 6 of that weird shit and i think it helped me to feel what "pulling myself down" is, and then you get the hang cleans I posted just now.

I mean, I can't say for certain they did it but
>can't hang clean
>do this drill
>hang clean instantly looks better?

like I said, i'm not a pro, and maybe there is a reason i shouldn't do them but it helped at least short term lol

>smoother
i know what you're saying but I'm not sure I know how to?
>>
>>35759711
ahahaha what the actual fuck
I guess if it helps you that's ok, but that's hillarious.
>>
>>35759787
Any drill where you work on dropping into that position will help. It looks silly but hey if it works.

I find just getting up onto my toes and dropping into a squat helps.

Rather than those tho, try the 'muscle snstch' variation of yashas blog. That'll put you onto toes and then down into the catch.

Hang cleans looks better. Don't fidget though. Set that back tight, arms like cables.

You got dis.
>>
>>35759960
>Rather than those tho, try the 'muscle snstch' variation of yashas blog. That'll put you onto toes and then down into the catch.

I keep doing them wrong :(

Definitely interested in trying to get the right though

>don't fidget
what was I fidgeting?
>>
Can someone help me?
Need some squat advice.

I've been lifting for about 1.5 years
I am 5'9 161 and my backsquat 3rm is 225/100kg.
I started at about 130lbs bodyweight before lifting.

What is the best way to reach 140kg back squat, shouldn't that be easy enough to do for me?
I hear people say it's easy to get. I'm no exception.

I really don't know what program to use. I feel like nothing works. I gain weight slowly about 1-2lbs every 2 weeks. I thought that was enough?

Do I really just need to eat more?

My coach even said my form was fine, I just don't know why I'm so weak at it.

However, my OHP and DL are very good for my weight.

Sorry, if this is nooby.
>>
>>35760100
Do LP. So 5x5 3x a week. Add weight. Stall, do 3x5. Stall, do 6x3, stall, do 3x3. Rinse and repeat
>>
>>35760127

Thanks, I guess I'll just try again. I don't know what the problem is.

I don't understand. My OHP 5rm is 70kg and DL 5rm, 160kg.

I know this sounds nooby but what is a good amount of weight to gain weekly?

All 3x a week? How difficult should the sets be? How much form breakdown is acceptable?
>>
File: sieg spurdo.png (8KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
sieg spurdo.png
8KB, 500x500px
Any sprölölö Finnfags here? Where to get coaching?

Also how long will I need a coach for? I just wanna learn the lifts properly then down the road I'll just post form checks on a japanese imageboard.
>>
>>35759711

that's not how you should think of the clean if you want to clean big weights, what that causes is bar crash, watch moorman or hisaka, that's what they do, pull the bar damn high then rush underneath like you did in that post then they get crushed by the weights and have trouble standing up shit they shouldn't have trouble standing up with

just keep doing hang cleans and ride them down like everyone has been telling you to
>>
>>35760342
how should I be thinking about it other wise?

Also at this stage does it even matter? is this minutia stuff or is it fundamentals?

>just do hang cleans

I'm not going to do these things often, this is the first time i've done them and it was just to get my general idea of getting under the bar better, before i literally couldn't / didn't get under the bar at all.

just trying to clarify
>>
>>35760432
>how should I be thinking about it other wise?

like how you've been doing them, rack it wherever you pull, then ride it down

at this stage it is absolutely essential that you learn how to do it smoothly with no bar crash, this is hard to fix if it becomes ingrained

>I'm not going to do these things often

why not, i thought you wanted to learn how to clean or at least intend to do them regularly or something, those variations are the best tools for learning how to
>>
>>35760495

no no no no i meant the goofy thing i was doing. not hang cleans haha

ok. So what is bar crash? is that when your rack position ends up in a different height than where the bar is "floating" and the bar ends up slamming into you?

>catch it where its at and ride it down so its smooth.

ok this makes sense. but is there a reason I shouldn't try to pull the bar up less (like no higher than navel) and try to drop down to meet it? if i'm trying to actively reduce / eliminate said bar crash, wouldn't that be better? if not, why?
>>
File: badlifters.png (1MB, 1052x691px) Image search: [Google]
badlifters.png
1MB, 1052x691px
>>35760538
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-0e4X52sc8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-1v_mEgMfc

first one is proper clean second one is bar crash

>is that when your rack position ends up in a different height than where the bar is "floating" and the bar ends up slamming into you?

yeah that's what happens when you just think fast under but you're not actively pulling yourself under just dropping down

>I shouldn't try to pull the bar up less

this is easy to do once you get how to properly do the movement, for now since you're stronger than your technique don't worry about bar height as long as you rack it where you pull like you've been doing

proper speed under the bar comes from doing the movement properly and with time, just keep doing them a few months from now you should be faster under it

the bar isn't crashing onto you btw, i just mentioned it would happen if you keep thinking about just dropping under
>>
>>35760700
>203kg clean and jerk
>bad lifter
>>
>>35760751
yep
>>
>>35760700
ok. I definitely see what bar crash is now.

>the bar isn't crashing onto you btw, i just mentioned it would happen if you keep thinking about just dropping under

ok. this is good to know.

>>35760790
>>35760751
>>35760700
why is he a bad lifter with a 203 c&j?

i understand the bar crash, but... he fuckin' lifted it didn't he? Like I said, from my perspective if I can ever clean 130 kg I'll be fucking tickled pink, let alone jerk it too
>>
>>35760877
not exactly bad lifter, more like average lifter with bad technique. he's been lifting for a decade or so you'd think him and his coaches would have done something about it but no
>>
>>35760751

Moorman is really sloppy when he gets near max. This is true with pretty much everyone at Cal Strength now. They can lift relatively big weights, but it's always ugly as fuck, and they are all really weak for their respective weight classes.
>>
>>35760951
>>35760951
In the grand scheme of things, yeah. But they're not elite lifters, they just put themselves out there as if they are . they're national level and they're hitting bigger numbers than anyone here

Moorman nearly made the world team, he's not exactly shit.
>>
>>35760986
Holley mangold made the fucking olympics
>>
>>35761009
That's different because there was literally no competition for her as a super at the time

And if its so easy for an American to make the Olympics why haven't you?
>>
>>35760751
>thinking that was a good clean
>>
>>35761145

>having no reading comprehension

Lmao idiot
>>
>>35761247
Yeah, cuz this max clean just so happened to be an isolated showcase of bad lifting. Never happens otherwise.
>>
>>35747005
im not v experienced but you are makeing all rookie mistakes

first off starting position have arms locked and have tension on the bar you are ripping it its not good

its not about how fast you pull it off the ground but how fast/explosive you go knee up

get under bar faster its like you dont even want it the bar needs to land together with you

you look like you want to do a power jerk but fail at it

also bar too far away from you
>>
>>35753504
who is she?
>>
>>35753798
that guy is right
>>35756086
you have bad starting position m8
>>
>>35756713
anwser to this i need anwser got same problem
anwser pls
>>
>>35759711
it kinda looks like you pull with your arms

keep in mind you should pull with your back mostly thats why you should keep good bar path
>>
>>35762421
not worried about it as I'm apparently only going to be doing hang cleans and snatches from now on rofl.

additionally

>you're doing _x_ and its horribly wrong
"ok what is X"
>this anon is right, you're doing _x_ wrong

no one has explained what it even is taht i'm doing and I don't know.

>>35762466
I probably do, its a constant thing i'm going to have to fight more than likely
>>
>>35762507
dont strain with your arms let the bar come up itself after you extend if that makes sense

also about the starting position arms locked and tension on the bar maby lower ur ass
>>
>>35762553

unfortunately, no that doesn't make sense

>tension on the bar

if i put any more tension on that bar its coming off the ground with that little weight lol

also, i would like to point out that the shit in that webm i posted yesterday were the most hurried of them all. I did some where the starting position looked much much much better
>>
>>35762575
well then you should learn how to portion your strenght
>>
>>35762850
>well then you should learn how to portion your strenght

what?

like, get weaker body parts caught up? or.....?
>>
>>35762883
put just enough tension that the bar stays on floor
>>
saving the thread
>>
>>35762507
It was explained to you, look here

>>35756497

You're do hang work to work on getting under, but any pulls you may want to do need to be worked properly too or you're gonna have problems from the floor when you switch to full cleans. First pull might seem irrelevant and easy but it sets the tone for the entire lift.
>>
>>35753125
sounds like hang cleans and clean pulls should help
>>
>>35759343
mee too, but with a pair of do win you sound like a fucking bongo just by walking on the platform.
>>
>>35759749
oly boi how come i cant do hang variations for shit?
ma clean is 115 and i can barely hang 90 kg, i walways pull forward
>>
>>35766493
because you're using momentum from the first pull
>>
Watching school of champions

Now want to go full commissar and be a bulgaboo
>>
>>35746022
squat jerk must be the biggest meme lift of them all
>>
>>35753068
This guy is correct
>>
>>
>>35768691
Never got the hype with her. Not that hot, and a really fucking average lifter
>>
>>35768999

She's got that thick little body. I would make that shit bounce around the bed like Lionel Richie
>>
>>35738767
lean back retard just lean back and pull
>>
>>35768999

The first few videos I saw of her, she looked attractive. Then i found her instagram. Not what I was hoping for.
>>
>>35760100
im in almost your exact position, just do 5x5 squats at 80 then each week move up weight so 80,82.5,85,87.5,90
>>
>>35760165
Christ, maybe you have seriously shitty levers.

Post a pic of you from the front. I wanna see those femurs compared to the rest of your body.
>>
>>35769030
I think there's better out there. Prefer a more athletic woman these days. Maybe I'm turning gay, oh well.
>>
>>35769621
I don't buy that excuse. Not that guy, butI have pretty horrendous levers by internet standards, weigh about 78ish kilos at 6'1, am nearly 30, and I've managed to get a 2x bw squat, 200kg dead and recently snatched over bw. I know these aren't remarkable at all, but if I can do it with these supposed obstacles then I think anyone can really if they put the effort in.
Thread posts: 197
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.