[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do you guys get your motivation from? My ex just told

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

File: 1453450342210.jpg (77KB, 460x628px) Image search: [Google]
1453450342210.jpg
77KB, 460x628px
Where do you guys get your motivation from?

My ex just told me to never call her again, and I'm about to go to college. My main motivation is to make her jealous, I still like her. But I mainly want "perfection" in my life. I want to be undeniable and to be that guy that everyone wants to be.
>>
Her telling me I wouldn't be good for her was all the motivation I needed. Fuck you Jessica :^)
>>
>>35736073
OP here
fuck Maggie
>>
I lift weights because I enjoy it from a project management perspective

Motivation to eat healthy comes from reading science news, since every second week involves some study where cancer is protected against by eating proper food
>>
It's been said to death, but it must be said.

Motivation is fleeting. It's great for pushing hard, and starting a routine, but ultimately what's going to keep you working out on a consistent basis and seeing results years down the road is discipline.

If you only work out when motivated, you're not going to make it. You have to make yourself do it whether you want to or not. It's like brushing your teeth, going to work, taking a shower. You work out. And you progress in your workout. And you adjust and make changes as you progress.

My ex leaving me motivated me. A year later I continue to lift because I know the end result is what I've always wanted. And I love the way I look and the progress I've made. I couldn't ever consider going back. Losing my gains would be like losing my good looks. Not something I'm willing to do.
>>
well me pooping was what motivated me initially since i looked down at my belly and was disgusted

now i just view it as a lifestyle and don't need motivation for doing something i like doing
>>
I grew up a fat fuck. From the age of 6 to 20, there was about an 87% chance that at any given time, I was the fattest fuck in the room.

Down to 5'11, 220lbs now, from 350 at my worst.

The way people treat me is night and day. For the first time in my life, I actually have hope for the future, because I'm REAL FUCKIN CLOSE to finally being /fit/ enough to enlist in the military and stop living with my shitty white trash family.

It's not about motivation any more. It's about discipline, and strength. I will continue to lift, run, and get healthier. I will be the best version of myself I can be. Because I'm not weak. Not any more. Never again.
>>
>>35736319
>>35736120
>>35736233
It wasnt the point that I just ran on motivation. I think about it literally everyday. Its like fuel and i dont give a fuck what anyone else has to say. Ill do whatever i want to
>>
Fuck you keely. I actually loved you. Hope you suck lots of dicks at college and get fucking aids
>>
I use the hate against my siblings and try as hard as I can be to be better than them in every way.
>>
>>35736049
>>35736073
>>35736086
>>35736611
>>35736120
You're never going to win her back and you probably don't want to. Funnel your negative energy into pushing yourself in the gym though. Use your anger and frustration to create something beautiful. I've been lifting for 4 years and if my ex cheated on me when I was already fuckin jacked, but if I didn't have the gym I would've gone insane
>>
>>35736049
I miss my best friend and my father and I know if they were alive they'd want me to get up and work out instead of sitting in a dark room drinking.
>>
>>35736784
I already moved on brah. Shit just pisses me off sometimes. She'll show up in my dreams sometimes.

Not trying to sound edgy but, I will never love a girl ever again. Thats a damn fact
>>
You're going to college. You're going to be surrounded by so much fucking puss you'll forget about your ex in no time. Stay focused on your gains grades, and be sure to socialize, and you'll be just fine, senpai.
>>
>>35736049
>My ex just told me to never call her again
why would you be calling your ex in the first place, there is nothing but heartache to come from maintaining a relationship after its over.
>>
Frustrations from being fat and realising that all the shit I went through could have been avoided by not being fat.

I don't view this weight as "me" and I don't want this weight to be one of my defining characteristics. Instead of developing the "i got the shortstraw" mentality, I work towards eliminating the fat and allow my temper to pump me into a little rage when I see those stupid comments that promote obesity as a healthy weight because my knees and hips have suffered from my weight and there's nothing fucking healthy about it.

It doesn't help that I'll look fucking good without the weight as I've got good genetics that'll compliment my frame. It's literally a year or two to get this fat to fuck off and then I'm sailing upstream towards becoming fucking godly.

I could be the "good looking" friend of the group.

Like, fuck. I've been given this gift and I would be fucked if I didn't achieve it because it requires effort.
>>
File: Bukowski.png (544KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Bukowski.png
544KB, 1600x900px
>>35736894
I felt the same way when my oneitis of 4 years left me. Trust me, you WILL meet a girl again, and you WILL fall in love again. You're just young, vulnerable, and overthinking shit. I was in your shoes 5 years ago.

Pic for motivation
>>
>>35736927
What weight you at now, f.am?

220 down from 350 here. The way people treat me is night and fucking day.
>>
>>35736319
This is me except 400+ to 230 and 6'2". Almost wish I had more pictures of myself from back then, think I might reactivate my old Facebook account and get them
>>
Fuck you Nicole. I kept my depression secret but you were the only thing in my life that made me feel normal again. Maybe I was even starting to fall in love with you. Now you walked out and I'm lost again.
I'm so glad I was already into weight training, because at least when I'm under the iron, it takes over my mind and I can forget about everything else for a little while. Like another anon said, discipline is what keeps you going. It's what holds me together.

I believe Henry Rollins said something to the effect of life has it's ups and downs, but 300 pounds will always be 300 pounds, and the iron never leaves.
>>
>>35737025
I just want to get to normal bmi, brew. Finally lose this fucking v card.

Speaking of which, are you completely socially crippled, too? /fit/ fucking warned me that I would be bad, and I thought I could mitigate some of the spaghetti thanks to those warnings, but I was completely unprepared for just how completely body dysmorphia combined with 15 months of no-social-contact-besides-family-and-preexisting-friends coccoon mode would completely fucking D E S T R O Y my social skills.

Recently enrolled in spring semester at my local college to waste time and maybe chase tail while I'm finishing getting ready to enlist. Some girls there actually look at me like I'm a man, or at least a male. Some dudes are actually competitive with me, which is different because I was always on the bottom of the totem pole before.

It's completely fucking terrifying and most days I find myself wishing that people would just go back to ignoring me.
>>
>>35736950

Probably around 245 atm. I've definitely gained weight though so it's an estimate. I'm hoping to start a cut this week though.

That's good progress though, ffameg. It's so much better to just lose the weight rather than sit and complain about society not accepting you for the way you are.
>>
>>35736049
Be careful where you draw your motivation from Anon. I had a bad relationship years ago. It still haunts me and I still cannot love a woman sincerely. For some people these experiences can be scarring. Find a different motivation if you don't want to end up with a fucked up mindset that will last forever.
>>
>>35737072
Keep fucking going, man. There are so many fucking benefits to being fit, it's mind blowing. I feel like a superhuman compared to teenage me.
>>
>>35736894
You've got your whole life ahead of you. The feelings you're experiencing now will pass, as they are transient and happen to almost all people after a serious breakup, and you'll realize that there are thousands of people equally as compatible and there will be many more opportunities and love still to come.
>>
>>35736049
To protect those who cannot protect themselves.
>>
>>35737069
It's more of a "I'm not used to this attention" kind of thing. People certainly listen to what I say now when they used to disregard it and that's getting me in a lot of trouble. My social skills in person have gotten really really good over the course of the past year. It comes with time. Put yourself out there, say hello where you'd used to say nothing, make eye contact when you talk. Had a "relationship" for the first time with a fucking gorgeous girl for a little under a month before she crushed me. 26 and still a virgin too breh. Just hang in there and keep trying.
>>
>>35737069
Also, I used to hate attention now I can't fucking get enough of it. We're in different boats there.
>>
>>35736120

> It's like brushing your teeth, going to work, taking a shower

Well, guess I'm fucked then.
>>
Truth be told it's to go back to sites where people meet up and have the stuck up girls flock to my inbox. Then nail them and never speak to them again. And to take all the negative shit in my life and make myself better from it.

And to look like a superhuman compared to all the skellies and fatties that live in my area.
>>
>>35736942
Idk man, I kinda went full redpill after that. Redpill being true, fucked up, or brainwash, It's my life now.

The thought of pure love coming from a woman is complete bull shit in my eyes.

I wish I could go back in time and remove her from my life.

I'm tired of feeling empty bros
>>
>>35737055
I know that feel bro.

I'm very young. Good looking. Have a very good career that makes good money.

I feel fucking empty inside.

I used to have 6 days out of the week were I felt great.
Then 5
Then 2
And now I just feel sad all the time except those 2 hours where I'm methed out on preworkout pushing my body to the edge
>>
>>35737497
underrated post
>>
I lift because I want to appear strong on the outside, even though I'm weak on the inside.
>>
File: 1358474347137.png (61KB, 752x643px) Image search: [Google]
1358474347137.png
61KB, 752x643px
>>35738218
That's why I started exercising 6 days a week, so that I can have a little bit of peace almost every day. The rest of the time I'm tore up on the inside as well. Stay focused on the goals.

We're all gonna make it brah...eventually...
>>
Anyone ever get ripped then see the ex gf out? That is what I'm shooting for now. Gotta cut 20 more lbs I think. Hopefully by easter.

What was the ex's reaction? Mad? Jelly? Didn't care?
>>
>>35738182
Are women even capable of loving in the same way men are?

Fuark
They can tell you they love you and miss you 6000000 times and then ignore you for a week

These games are just tiring
>>
>>35738703
If she isn't shallow she'll just see it as you trying to find a hobby to get over her
If she is shallow she'll want to fuck your brains out
>>
>>35736073
Anon here. Fuck you, Gabby.
>>
>>35738812
So win win really? Thank you based anon you are helping me make it
>>
>r9k, the thread
>>
Fuck her friends. Best way to piss her off and then she will lust for you again.
>>
>>35736120
Yeah that's how I try think about it. It's just 'what you do.' You go to sleep because it's what you do. You watch you favorite team because it's what you do. You do your laundry because it's what you do. You work out because it's what you do.
>>
i am neet flab game all day what do
>>
File: lel-sex_drugs_squats_oatz.png (101KB, 553x341px) Image search: [Google]
lel-sex_drugs_squats_oatz.png
101KB, 553x341px
>>35736049
>My ex just told me to never call her again
>I'm about to go to college
thats... really great. you should do nothing but eat, lift, study, and smash whores.
>>
>>35736894
i feel you on the dreams. its like im back in 11th grade all over again sometimes.
>>
>>35738283
iktf man
>>
>>35740327
What a shitty personality and what shitty aspirations
>>
>>35740489
>get big
>get strong
>get smart
>get woman
thats literally every successful mans goals. name one of those things arnold didn't do when he was becoming 7x mr olympia?
>>
> My main motivation is to make her jealous, I still like her. But I mainly want "perfection" in my life. I want to be undeniable and to be that guy that everyone wants to be.

> Her telling me I wouldn't be good for her was all the motivation I needed.

> Her telling me I wouldn't be good for her
> I want to be undeniable and to be that guy that everyone wants to be.

Whew buddy, how dense can you be? The poor girl has just given you a giant loudspeaker wake up call and rather than listen, you've pulled the earmuffs on. this shit goes for everyone in the thread who wants to be 'perfect' but feels 'empty inside' -- the problem isn't that you lack some quality or another, and so can't relate to people, but that you feel you need some quality or another before you are properly awesome enough to relate to people. in short you suffer from narcissistic personality disorder.

Yes yes I get it hurts that you like her and she rejected you, but she rejected you because of shit like ''I want to be undeniable,'' because you can't connect with anyone and interpret the world only relative to yourself. and to avoid this realisation, you did what every narcissist does and make her rejection of you about yourself. ''it wasn't that she mad her own choice as an agentic individual, but that I failed to be totally awesome enough around her! Now i'll work out and study hard and one day I will be awesome enough.'' she may have actually liked you, in spite of your human flaws, liked you enough to pretend that she didn't notice them all while you were dating. she left cause you made everything about you.

this pattern will keep on repeating itself until one day you are 50 and divorced twice and have wasted your life.
>>
>>35736120
this
>>
>>35736319
>military
which country?
>>
>>35740534
Wew lad. Words of wisdom
>>
File: 1451147578637.png (128KB, 1863x889px) Image search: [Google]
1451147578637.png
128KB, 1863x889px
>>35736049
>>
>>35740534
There's nothing wrong with wanting perfection. I aspire for perfection in all things i find the concept beatiful. that does not make me a narcissistic cunt..
>>
>>35740566
This just opened my eyes.
I was losing my time here and now I'm gonna keep on studying for the rest of the day.
Whoever posted this, thank you.
>>
>>35740592

> There's nothing wrong with wanting perfection.

True.

But you're missing the point. Seeking perfection is a symptom of narcissistic traits, it isn't a description of the pathological character structure. If someone tells me, ''I think perfection is beautiful so I aspire towards it'' I think that sounds pretty healthy, if someone tells me that their girlfriend just told them they were a toxic person and now they are using that as 'motivation' to be 'perfect' and 'make her jealous.' then alarm bells start ringing. the issue isn't having an ethical/aesthetic attachment to perfection, but believing that A) your issue with the girl is viewed entirely relative to yourself -- that the problem was all about you and your relative lack of perfection.

The thought process is

1) I suck deep down,
2) this is impossible for me to accept
3) I can be better, or at least trick people into thinking that I am
4) I must therefore constantly and harshly monitor myself and others to the extent that I can't connect with or even notice anything outside of my attempts at being awesomer- identity
4.1) (where you get truly lost) -- all problems that arise are to be made entirely about myself. they are because failed to be awesome enough, or that people were jealous of me, or are a character building slip on up my hollywood hero type climb to awesomeness

B) that you are even able to talk about wanting to be perfect and 'undeniable' and then a sentence later say that your main motivation is to make that heartless bitch regret leaving you and not notice that its odd that your sense of a perfect being doesn't include not being the sort of guy who is motivated by 'wanting to make her jealous'
>>
File: 7Sl2v.jpg (194KB, 910x1348px) Image search: [Google]
7Sl2v.jpg
194KB, 910x1348px
Am I the only normal person here?

I lift and work out because I like being fit and healthy and I eat healthy and balanced because I feel better and it's better for me. There is no ulterior motive for me and looking good is merely a bonus.

You're all fucking weird.
>>
>>35741194
>being on 4chan
>normal

Pick one
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.