[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adopt a fatty 2016

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 34

File: fatty.jpg (7KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
fatty.jpg
7KB, 275x183px
What does /fit/ think of the idea that every fitizen should try to "adopt" a fatty and help him become fit, that obese kid or guy that has managed to take the first step of visiting the gym during the free week and perhaps see if he can make some gains but will surely lose interest after a month.
>>
Try not to punch them in the mouth after they say
"But I just don't like broccoli, anon. I like proper food."
"But pizza is healthy. It has mushrooms."
"I don't eat much at all" *takes sip from starbucks coffee*.
"Do I have to, like, do sit ups and stuff? I don't want to be one of those gym people"

Never ever again. Let them help themselves, or introduce hunting season to prevent fatty overpopulation.
>>
>>35730393
WHY THAT WON'T WORK: Fat fucks need to motivate THEMSELVES otherwise they become motivation-sponges, needing to be pushed constantly, and eventually they get resentful of you and fail anyway, staying fat. Negative-sum game. Do not want.
>>
>>35730393
probably only if it is a girl. I would probably lose my shit if a guy would be bitching around like >>35730628 If it is a girl I can atleast somewhat accept the fact that she is a pussy.
>>
nah fuck em
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 283x424px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 283x424px
How about adopt a skelly? They seem to be a little less delusional about their bodies.
>>
>>35730393
if somebody doesn't have willpower to just_fucking_do it, nothing/nobody in the world can help them.
>>
>Implying anyone here knows what they're doing
>>
>>35730393
Its a great idea. Not something I could commit to but if other people are game itd be great to know how they get on.
>>
>>35734966
SS + GOMAD
>>
>>35734538
As a skelly who just recently started lifting, I would love this. I really have no fucking clue what I'm doing, and every time I'm in the gym I'm afraid to use free weights cause I have no spotter/gym buddy to tell me what I'm doing wrong.
>>
that only creates more competition.
>>
>>35735100
>not wanting to fight in this world of eternal struggle
>deserving to live in it
only one
>>
>>35730393
i want fatties to die. why would i invest time and money into something neither of us want.
>>
File: 1448402313666.png (19KB, 698x698px) Image search: [Google]
1448402313666.png
19KB, 698x698px
>>35735047
Watch a lot of videos to learn proper forms, and DO NOT BEND YOUR BACK.

I would like this too since I'm a 6'4" 163lbs lanklet. Or maybe that's just another fantasy of mine.
>>
>>35730393
really nice idea but here is why you should not do this:
1. change must come from within. the hardest part to change is to change yourself. actual physical change is the easy part. But no one except yourself can change yourself. I can't stress that enough.
2. every information you need is out there for you to find. if you are not able to find those informations and draw the conclusion yourself you are still in step 1. as I said: no spoon feeding will ever change anyone.

that said a /fit/izen should never turn away a fatty or anyone who is asking for advice and help.
>>
>>35735047
next time when you are in the gym go to the biggest powerlifter and ask him for guidance and advice. I have yet to encounter one who is a total dickweed and would turn you away. but you have to do it on your own.
>>
>>35735476
>change must come from within
OP specified someone who is already at the gym.
>information
it isn't all about information - having a social context can help, also I think it's hard for a lot of people to navigate all the conflicting information on the internet.
>>
>>35735500
Another skelly here, I don't know what would be a bigger problem in that plan, being intimidated or my boner.
>>
File: 1447541548521.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
1447541548521.gif
2MB, 350x197px
>>35735528
>>
>>35735528
Jerk off before gym
>>
>>35735528
Kek
>>
>>35730393
Fuck that and fuck you. Fucking gains goblins don't deserve to live much less take up my time.
>>
>>35735683
Are you trying to kill my gains bro?
>>
>>35736196
You'll lose the semen protons either by hand or by a powerlifter ravaging your bussy. Your choice.
>>
>>35736244
Last one please, it's why I squat 3 times a week.
>>
Someone adopt me, I wannaa make it ; (
>>
>>35736571
Post joocy bum, fuccboi
>>
>>35736925
You fatty or skelly?
>>
I'd love to go to a gym knowing that someone as autistic as me is working out nearby.
>>
>>35735229
You were probably fat once too, you gay shithead.
>>
>>35736991
Fatty.

But been lifting for about a month now + basketball randomly once to two times a week. Trying to cut while building begginer strength, not muscle.

> over 35%bodyfat tho
>~230lbs 5'10"

Will i make it fit?

Am I gona make it ?
>>
File: moonman2.png (175KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
moonman2.png
175KB, 500x250px
Adopt me /fit/, for I am a fatty.

I am 217, 5'11,

Been eating ~1700 calories

Breakfast:Oats and Whey
Lunch: Grilled Chicken Chili
Snack: Protein Shake
Dinner: Talapia or Chicken and Potatoe

I hoist 3 times a week:
Tuesday: Chest, Tris
Thursday: Back, Bi's
Saturday: Legs, Shoulders (still too embaressed to squat but ill start soon)

Anything glaringly wrong? Should I hang myself?
>>
>>35737027
Diet is more important than exercise to lose weight. Make sure the diet is under control and your deficit is in order, and you'll see change. Keep lifting. The noob gains will come.

>>35737071
You diet sounds a bit weird. Why so spesific and why those foods?
Start squatting, bro.

You're both gonna make it.
>>
File: feelbadman.jpg (170KB, 797x957px) Image search: [Google]
feelbadman.jpg
170KB, 797x957px
>>35737110

>ty for responding

Because I know exactly how many calories are in them. I can make them quickly and not worry about fucking up and eating the wrong thing. I was able to lose like 30 lbs before but I gained it all back due to my issues with alcoholism.
>>
>>35737140
>alcoholism.
Dude... deal with this. Are you sober now?
>>
>>35737173

Been sober and on my diet for a week now, we shall see. I am trying to make it as long as possible.
>>
>"adopt" a fatty
>make them benchpress
>load up 3 pl8
>"ain't nothing but a peanut, breh"
>"accidentally" let the bar fall on his fat fucking face
>Do the human race a favor by reduce the number of worthless slobs that are in the gene pool by 1.
>>
>>35737210
Keep at it. You can do this. The first step is always difficult and you've already taken it, right. Maybe it helps to use exercise to replace the thirst. What made you fall back last time?

Have you thought about adding cardio to your plan?
>>
File: nordicfeels.png (821KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
nordicfeels.png
821KB, 707x1000px
>>35737248

As embarrassing as this shit is at least we are on an anonymous forum. I have been having issues lately with combat related PTSD form Afghanistan (no I wasn't a fucking pog if any other mil guys read this shit and wanna shit talk me). It is not all because of that but I am sure that is the root of it.
>>
File: superpepe.jpg (37KB, 491x315px) Image search: [Google]
superpepe.jpg
37KB, 491x315px
>>35737248

thanks for the motivation btw.

I must make it, the race war is coming.
>>
>>35737308
Sounds like you should talk to someone. If you bottle it up and suppress all that shit with drinking then you'll never get out of the bad circle. To make progress you need to process all that stuff and vent it out in healthy ways. Anyone you can talk to about it?
Keeping straight and working out will probably help tons. A lot of guys here lift their feels away. Raging out in the gym is a lot better than to punish it through numbing yourself.
>>
File: BasedDog.jpg (42KB, 604x392px) Image search: [Google]
BasedDog.jpg
42KB, 604x392px
>>35737345

Yeah as much as I hate it and fear that they will try to take my guns away from me I have been going to the VA to see a psych guy who was also a grunt. It's been pretty good but I have a lot to learn and am just starting with that shit.
>>
>>35737071
>217

that better be in kg's or 50% bf
>>
>>35737368
It's a good step forward. You kan do this, senpai
>>
>>35737014
fatty detected.

no i was never a fatass my parents know about nutrition and so did their parents. don't get so assblasted that people want you to die cuz you're a fatass. it's not like it won't happen anyway regardless our wishes.
>>
File: 2percentmad.png (188KB, 401x455px) Image search: [Google]
2percentmad.png
188KB, 401x455px
>>35737373

Its in lbs.
>>
Charging yourself is hard.
Charging someone else is impossible.
>>
I tried it with my brother.
Let me try to keep it short:
>I'm '92, he's '96
>I at my fattest was 140 kg (Hurts to write), now down to 95 and cutting harder hoping to be lean for summer
>He's over 160 because that's as far as the bathroom scale went
>Encouraged him to go to the gym with his old legit SWOLE friend who's also autistic about vidya
>Gave him my clothes from when I was fat, but less fat than him (Armani and Boss jeans, mainly) and thought dressing nice would work (it didn't)
>Handed my old supps to him (Caffeine pills, PWO, bag of whey or two)
>Train with him any opportunity I get
>Teach him how to cook every chance I get

Now this all sounds fine and dandy on the Internet, but it did not fucking help.
What happened instead was this:
>He kept ballooning up in weight
>Stopped hanging out with his swole friend entirely
>He butchered several hunnid dollars' worth of jeans in an attempt to sew (with staples) ONE pair he could fit into so he wouldn't have to shop for new ones
>He takes three caffeine pills at a time before he does anything at ALL because years of guzzling Coke and Redbull (But Zero, tho!) has made him crazy caffeine tolerant
>Eats two weeks' worth of prepped meals in three days after I'm gone before going back to his frozen pizza diet
>His training is usually just benching legit bitch weight, fucking 70 kilos for 6 reps (Gone from nearly 1/2bw to 1/3bw binch u mirin), before doing curls and triceps pulldowns and nagging at me to go back home after 30 minutes because he doesn't want to get naked in the showers at the gym
>Sister gives me shit because "He's living cheap", "Maybe he's not interested in cooking", "He's smart, he doesn't have to clean up anything when he cooks frozen food"
Only thing I agree with her on was when I said that he'd eventually die of obesity-related stuff, and she said "Well that'll be his problem". She's fucking right, I'm done with the fat shit.
>>
File: left.jpg (19KB, 335x250px) Image search: [Google]
left.jpg
19KB, 335x250px
>>35737447
>>
>>35737447
Found the beta
>>
>>35737568
found the fatty
>>
>>35737621
Naw. Skelly here. Can still take charge of others when need be.
>>
>>35737027
it's managing to be successful which makes the difference - many people "try" to lose weight all the time, that's relatively easy - you have to be one of the ones who succeeds.
>>
I have in fact adopted a fatty, freshman year of college he was 240-250 something, after 2+years of 30 minute walk, eating more healthy and 50 pushups a day he's down to about 160. Still a little fatty, but better. He won't die 10 years early to a heart condition and thats the important part.
>>
>>35737210
>as long as possible
are you expecting you won't last all the way through?
>>
>>35737308
>>35737328
I read in a New Scientist article that HIIT reduces cravings and addictive tendencies, it might be worth looking into.
>>
>>35737758

Thank you I will look into that. HIIT has interested me in the past.
>>
>>35737719
Good work brother.
>>
>>35735229
Is it not more noble to be a fatty then get fit, rather than be fit one's whole life? To have suffered long and hard to rebuild oneself alone, rather than to have it handed to you from birth by wise tutors?
>>
Sometime in the next 20 years single payer healthcare is coming the USA. The same USA that is ~70% overweight.

So really if there's some fatty that needs some help with something just help them a little. Call it paying it forward, because the more fatties we have when the big healthcare bomb falls the more you, the /fit/, will be asked to subsidize treatment for their mounting health problems.
>>
>>35737398
>"don't get assblasted"
>gets assblasted herself
Dude just shut up you're not impressing anyone. Who cares if your family knows about nutrition. No diet is gonna change how big a faggot you are. You're the type of person we all wish would die.
>>
File: image.jpg (418KB, 1536x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
418KB, 1536x1600px
>>35737308
>>35737210
We're rooting for you bros!
>>
>>35732599
>If it is a girl I can at least somewhat accept the fact that she is a pussy.

That's sexist.
I try to treat both men & women equal.
>>
>>35730393
If the fatty is also willing to do chores around the house and rub my foot then maybe
>>
I'm getting fatter and I know I should go to the gym but I just don't care enough.

If anyone were to do this with me they would have to drag me out of my house in addition to constantly reminding me about making better dietary choices.
>>
>>35730393
thats a lot of responsibility

too much for me

if they wanted to become /fit/ theyd learn the ropes themselves like i did
>>
>>35737071
I do more or less the same brosplit as you, but generally 4-6 times a week. Can't advise much on diet because I was skelly not fatty.

Start squatting, even if its just babyweight. Make sure you give bench/deadlift/squat priority when you go in. finally if weights still hard to lose do 10-15 min cardio before every worlout
>>
>>35730393

As a fatty this is a great idea. My biggest challenge is the gym and if I had someone who could actually show me shit and get me started for a month or so until I was confident in doing it by myself it would keep me doing it permanently.
>>
>>35738095
*tips fedora* noble indeed
>>
File: high pepe.jpg (39KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
high pepe.jpg
39KB, 420x420px
>>35737000
Nice trips anon
>>
>>35738095
honestly why the fuck are you even talking about nobility you're lifting things up and putting them down not solving cancer or anything
>>
File: good one sir.gif (2MB, 331x248px) Image search: [Google]
good one sir.gif
2MB, 331x248px
>>35738095
>>
>>35739422
but they're totally not
>>
i wish someone would adopt me. 105kg 6"1 fat manlet
>>
>>35739422
They are not though. Thinking that you know how a woman feels when you have never been in her exact situation is sexist. So why would I lose my shit when a guy is being a bitch ? Because I have been there and I know that it is easy to lose weight if you really want to so I would call him out on his bullshit. On the other hand I have no idea how it feels for a girl to be overweight so I wouldn't judge her as hard because I don't fully understand her situation.
>>
>>35741331
adding to that men and women also tend to react differently towards certain motivational strategies. going full drill sergeant on a girl won't work, on a guy it can work.

Think about this, saying "you are ugly and fat because you are a lazy piece of shit" has a very different effect on a man/woman. If you say that to a woman she is probably not gonna talk to you again, a guy on the other hand is more likely to just laugh and say "wow you figured that out all on your own sherlock ?".
>>
>>35737027
once you stop trying and you start doing you will make it
>>
>>35737071
If you have just started lifting I would recommend doing a full body program. It doesn't have to be SS/SL but a full body program is definitely better for a beginner because you don't have the needed intensity to train a 3day split yet.
>>
>>35735047
I'm a skelly who started lifting with the New Years crowd (SL 5x5). A guy asked me to spot for him while he benched the other day. I didn't count how much weight he was benching but I'm glad he made his reps because I wouldn't have been able to keep the bar off his chest.

It felt good being asked to spot though, like he thought I knew what I was doing.
>>
>>35730393
I do it all the time. And I'm a giant jerk about it. But apparently I have one of those personalities where 18-32 year old men seem to follow and listen to me. I've gotten skinny guys bigger, and fat guys smaller. Never works for women aside from my own GF who went from 170 to 105 after we got together.

Its only a small dent in the fat population, but at least I have over a dozen examples at work alone of how easy it is to lose weight
>>
>>35737110
Diet is something that should only be adjusted under two criteria
1. Its insanely unhealthy and overdone
2. You have limited time to work out

Building a strong foundation of strength and size does way more for weight loss. Assuming you don't want to look like a pile of deflated garbage when you hit that goal.

You can disagree, but I've gone through several major weight losses helping people, and only once did I have an issue with excessive loose skin.
I myself went from 270lbs to 168lbs in 8 months with no issues whatsoever.
>>
>>35737071
Yeah where are your vegetables
>>
>>35730628
Sit ups are a dogshit tier exercise though. Nothing will put someone off fitness faster than sit ups.
>>
File: fatbro.jpg (2MB, 1500x2400px) Image search: [Google]
fatbro.jpg
2MB, 1500x2400px
>>35730393

>no one posted this story
>>
would someone on /fit/ adopt me? im a fat girl w a decent face who's crept into fatty mode over the past 3 years from homecooking (my own) but poor self control. i don't think im grossly fat but it would be nice to have someone to talk about it with. its hard to know where to begin.

pls dont flame me im nice and kindhearted ;~;

i c-can teach you how to cook
>>
>>35741732
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>35741732
Please don't do that. As much as /fit can be a resource, having someone look over your care and well being when you barely know them is assuredly leading to an awkward place.

I'm sure the gym is going to be a place you don't want to get started. Its hard going knowing you are out of shape, and it can be intimidating. So I'm going to give you a list

Planks
Push ups
Body weight squats

Work on those, increasing the number of reps and sets over the next two months. Stay determined, and put as much time and effort into these as you can. It will feel daunting, you will get bored of it. But just make sure you are increasing the numbers as much as possible.

During this time, I want you to learn how to throw the 5 basic boxing punches using online resources. Jab, straight, uppercut, left and right hook. And practice throwing them every day, as much as you can.

Last, whenever you have spare time, stand on one leg, alternating of course. Once you get accustomed to this, bend your leg as though you are about to squat. Keep doing this until you can go all the way down without losing balance.

If you dedicate time and energy into this very simple list, you won't see a tremendous amount of weight loss, but a stronger more functional body that will help you start losing weight in a serious and healthy way.

I won't be offended if you decide not to follow this. But I wish you the best of luck in becoming strong.
>>
>>35730393
I would rather adopt a fatty than a skelly.
>>
>>35741732

Pic of figure? Let's see what we would be working with.

>>35741857

Jesus Christ you humongous faggot. Fatgirl, please disregard everything this idiot wrote.
>>
>>35741732
>>
>>35741732
SHUT UP WE'RE TALKING ABOUT BREAD
>>
>>35730393
My roommate is a fatty. Every few weeks when he's drunk he'll tell me how he wants to lose weight. I showed him the sticky and told him about calorie counting, but just on the same day he'll vidya until 5am and make midnight snacks at 12, 3 and 4. I always wake up cuz he's loud as fuck. Always has to sweeten water or get some soft drinks, alcohol and fast food. His room is a fucking mess, it always smells like sweat, used undies and rotten food (because that's precisely what's covering the ground, his desk and his body). Fuck fat roommates, I gotta endure this 6 more months and then I'm done. I will never ever room with a fattie again.
>>
>>35742051

No roommate master race.
>>
File: 1450671301184.jpg (482KB, 1000x1926px) Image search: [Google]
1450671301184.jpg
482KB, 1000x1926px
>>35742417
>had a roommate once
>obnoxious and loud
>party every weekend
>loud music and vidya every night
>during finals he comes home with his friends and makes a huge fuss
>can't sleep
>test this day
>tell him and his friends to shut up because its 4am in the morning and some people want to sleep
>next day he tells me I shouldnt make such a drama just because he is too loud
>next day, talk to my parents and explain the situation
>they agree that its best to move out
>tell him the same day
>find a nice apartment
>ex roommate cant afford a apartment on his own
>has to move back to his parents
>now he has to commute around 3 h each day just to get to work and school
>mfw
>>
File: hmmyeaok.jpg (135KB, 1272x710px) Image search: [Google]
hmmyeaok.jpg
135KB, 1272x710px
>>35741908
i look like ok in clothes and shapewear, im not looking to be really slim or whatever, that's pretty unrealistic just more healthy and tite. maybe that's unrealistic too i dunno.

first pic is from like 6 months ago and from a dumb angle, second pic is from rn and im sitting on my feet.
i think ive been floating back and fourth from 70-80 kg since last summer and im 162cm.
>>
>>35742538
You can get into shape, you arent even that far gone.

But seriously, don't go confiding in individuals on /fit. Its a cancerous board that lost its way years and years ago
>>
>>35742560
i have chunky poopoo arm and leg
>>
>>35742575
Don't worry about that. Even if that couldn't get better, would you be happy giving up on everything else?

The only advice I can give is just work hard and move. If you can keep moving, you aren't done working hard. Train like you life depends on it, it really does. If you put forth effort, it will be rewarded.

You can't complain about where you are now if you aren't determined to leave it behind.

If you don't trust >>35741857
Then just read the sticky and follow it.
>>
>>35742538
Eat at a caloric deficit, shop healthy, go running 2-3 times a week. That's seriously all you need to do. Seriously, do the following:

When at the supermarket, buy only:
- Chicken breast/ Turkey (no skin)
- Some fish, but not too much
- Green veggies of your preference, most here prefer broccoli or cauliflower but it seriously doesn't matter that much
- Green salads of any kind, no dressings, make the dressing yourself using vinegar/balsamico and olive oil (don't overdo that one)
- Low-fat yogurt and fruit to go with it (no berries, these tend to be high in fruit sugar, go with Banana, pears or apples)
- Oats and low-fat milk, or rye bread and light stuff to put on it (turkey or chicken breast stuff again)
- Rice (doesn't matter which, just don't overdo the quantities per serving)
- You CAN, without problems, get a treat or two per week, something you enjoy in a small quantity.

If you wanna be meticulous, weigh everything you eat and calculate your daily caloric intake.
>>
>>35742538
70kg is slightly overweight at 162cm, 80kg is obese.
>>
>>35742483

Fucking nice.

I had a fucking terrible roommate my first year of college. He was a cocaine addict, refused to do dishes so much he would just throw my own grandmothers dishes away instead of clean. He didn't pay the power bill on time. I ended up just repo'ing enough of his stuff till he started to pay his bills on time.
>>
>>35737504
Sounds like you grew up in a toxic environment.
Glad to hear you're making it

>>35739422
> at the gym right now with my wife
> I say I'm just going to do cardio (it's my rest day)
> she says "me too"
> I say "I know, you're a girl."
> she says "thanks for the insult"
Girls don't lift. Face the facts or change them
>>
>>35742575
I recommend you lose the weight off your arms and keep it on your legs. In my experience:
>chunky legs: healthy, attractive
>chunky arms: unhealthy, unattractive
>>
>>35742711
Well he surely wasn't as bad as your roommate but he was ducking annoying. I recently heard that he bought a car to drive to work. And the crashed it. All that money gone. Schadenfreude overload.
>>
>>35739422
>I try to treat both men and women equal
So you want to fuck both or you wanna fuck neither?
>>
>>35742538
With a dick like mine you'd be tight alright.
>>
>>35742693
is it acceptable to replace running with skipping?
and was thinking of squats for leg gains...

>>35742709
yeah i know ^)

>>35742645
>>35741857
i'm not ignoring your advice my dude. i'm trying to figure out where to start now that nobody will adopt me. thanks 4rela for the advice

>>35742735
yea but you can't spot reduce weight right
>>
>>35743170
Skipping is not an accepted form of cardio. For leg gains, running should be sufficient. You got some muscle under that fat, for now it should suffice to just lose fat.
>>
>>35737373
A kg is heavier than a pound retard.
>>
>>35730393
I've already done this for three of my friends. not fun, but a necessary evil
>>
>>35743209
is skipping only good for stamina or? its a shame because its one of the only forms of exercise i enjoy lmao
>>
>>35731905
You can instill habits and not make them HATE those habits. Discipline can be taught.
>>
File: image.gif (858KB, 240x228px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
858KB, 240x228px
>>35739565
Fuck off
>>
>>35730393
I got 3 people to start going
>1st quit after 2 months but still goes rarely
>2nd quit after a strong month
>3rd is going pretty strong it's only been 2 months for him but maybe he's the one
>>
im 5' 11' 250pound fatass. started working out a month ago. i know nyr fags and all. been doing the 5X5 workout from the sticky and 30min run every other day and im really starting to feel better but the weight is comig off very slowly am i gonna make it bros?
>>
>>35742538
>im not looking to be really slim or whatever, that's pretty unrealistic

it is not unrealistic. but anyway I think the most important thing to start with is what you eat in a day and how much you exercise. And if you want actual help be honest otherwise noone can help you.

Also from the things you drink/eat which ones could you give up the easiest ?
>>
>>35745053
i only drink soda and eat candy when i'm more depressed than usual, otherwise i have no problem with drinking water and not eating dumb sugary shit.

i think the reason i'm overweight is because i fall into a cycle of not caring or paying attention to what i eat.

i'm in no way fussy about food and i can eat everything but i don't have any attachments to a particular food except like avocados.
i usually eat an open faced avocado sandwich with tomato and s+p when i get home from work. but i think i heard avocado is high in calories?

a typical day of food for me is 1-3 cup coffee w milk for breakfast, halfsized portion of dinner for lunch, sandwich mentioned at home, and for dinner i'll make something like with a lot of veg but really rich and always with either rice, pasta or potato. i make large batches of food because i don't have a canteen at work and i need to bring food all week.

i also snack on dumb shit randomly at home atm but i'm obviously prepared to not do that.

i'm /ck/ and worked as a chef before so nothing is too much effort in regards to cooking/prep.

i don't exercise at all and i have a desk job atm.
>>
>>35745053
>>35745266

its like i already know what i should be doing but i'm too retarded and lazy (fat)
>>
>>35745285
that just means you aren't serious yet.

You want it, but you want it like a child wants to fly like superman. Its just a half assed passing thought that has little resolve behind it.

One thing I've always found important in helping people is waiting until they are desperate. The most basic form of determination comes rooted in desperation, and that determination is what pushes people to change.

If you know what to do, but just don't do it, there is nothing anyone can do to help you. If your heart isn't in it, you'll never take more then half a step forward.
>>
>>35743553
>discipline can be taught
>>
>>35741732
>Learn cooking from fatty

Yeah, no.
>>
>>35745266
if you have to drink soda then get Coke Zero or other 0kcal stuff.

instead of snacking on "dumb shit" get fruits they also taste great and fill you up. I bet you can find some type of fruit that you like.

replace the avocado sandwhich it has quite a lot of kcal or have that just 1-2 a week and something else the other days.

start doing some sport it will not only help you lose weight but it will also help with the depression. As for what you should do I think the most important thing is that you stick to it. What would you like to do or do you enjoy any specific sort of activity ?
>>
Could someone adopt me? I'm 5'6" and 150lbs. I recently lost some weight from cardio and switching to a vegan diet, but I think I've made all the progress I can from that. I'd love to start a weight training program, but I'm terrified of hurting myself with bad form, especially since that happened to a friend of mine.
>>
>>35745493
You're not gonna make it on a vegan diet
You need a lot of animal protein to feel satiated, especially when trying to lose weight.

>5'6'' and went from 160 -> 135
>>
>>35745387
so i should wait until im potentially morbidly obese and desperate then instead of just interested in being more healthy and fit as i am now or what

>>35745452
nah i'd rather not drink soda at all or carbonated water if i feel like fizz

like i try buying fruits and end up throwing half of them out every time. the same goes for candy and potato chips really. snacks are really fucking boring after a while. can't get enough of dinner though
i really should try harder with fruits though. i like clementines, kiwis, mango, pineapple.

mentioned earlier that i like skipping and i also like squats but i haven't gotten in to squatting much. i think i'd enjoy lifting too but i can't afford gym right now and i dont have weights. my mom said i can used canned food lmao.

>>35745434
i was just being nice :))))))
>>
File: 1444690076761s.jpg (2KB, 125x121px) Image search: [Google]
1444690076761s.jpg
2KB, 125x121px
>>35742742
>>35741331
>>35740129

I still will tell them off whether its a man or a woman.

I'm not attracted to women, so I view them as something that isn't on a pedestal.
>>
>>35745538

I'm not telling you to wait, I'm telling you to take what you are doing with yourself more seriously.
Do you have to be on your deathbed before you get determined? Why are you still on /fit instead of getting to work? How much you actually want this is exactly what will determine how far you get.
>>
>>35745528

Congrats, I'm hoping to get to 135 too. I'm assuming I just hit a plateau, since I eat really clean at this point. Why do you need to switch to animal protein to keep making progress?
>>
>>35745402

What is the United States Marine Corp?
>>
I'm a fatty that was well on his way to becoming semi-fit or at least a skinnyfag when i fucked up and went back on the fat loser path.

Was 340 starting out and lost 80lbs in 9 months but went on to re-gain everything all over again and then some. I really wish i didn't have to go at this stuff again alone but I'm too socially retarded to ask some /fit/ gym bro for help because i feel like they would yell at me.

Send help
>>
>>35745837
What are drop outs
>>
>>35734538

Dude, I work out at home, and I never do anything that produces a sharp pain. My back is fucked from years of bad posture. I guess working out at home (using proper form) has the advantage that you dont try and show off or hurt yourself being macho.
>>
>>35735047
>Dude, I work out at home, and I never do anything that produces a sharp pain. My back is fucked from years of bad posture. I guess working out at home (using proper form) has the advantage that you dont try and show off or hurt yourself being macho.
>>
>>35745837

What is spelling?

>>35746365

You can't join without a HS diploma.
>>
>>35748032
replied to wrong post. disregard.
>>
>>35742726

Working on it. I have two gal pals who occasionally lift, but have asked me to be their motivation to go lift.

I guide them through my workout, which is a standard men's lift routine with the weight decreased.

I'm trying to convince every woman I know who works out to throw on their shitty beat up sweat pants and ex boyfriend's shirt and lift. Not with stations, not with gimmicks-- Deadlift, squat, bench, row, and complete accessory lifts as necessary.

So far so good. If I can convince those two that weights aren't scary, and actually important to fitness this year, then I'll have at least accomplished one goal.

I was a PT for four years, and if there's anything I've learned, most of the people who are heavy start with good intentions, but fail because they can't adjust to the permanent lifestyle changes they would need to drop the weight and keep it off.
>>
>>35730393
Exfat here, that wouldn't work. If a fatty doesn't want to make it enough to make it on their own, they're not gonna make it. We are to guide and to be examples, not to be hand holders.
>>
File: 1422116416664s.jpg (3KB, 112x125px) Image search: [Google]
1422116416664s.jpg
3KB, 112x125px
>>35737504
7-70 kilo bench is bitch weight??
>>
i'm 295 lbs, 6'0, depression, don't know where to begin, can't even do a squat without falling over. wish i had a drill sergeant type person to yell at me daily and keep me on tract. 300lbs, here I come...I guess. Fucking impossible.
>>
File: ice_cream.png (668KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
ice_cream.png
668KB, 768x576px
>>35738317
i'm not trying to impress anyone. i'm merely pointing out that i don't give a fuck about fatties because neither of us want my help getting fit.
>You're the type of person we all wish would die.
ya but you're the fatass that is actually going to die so i'd still rather be me.
>>
Fattie here. I would be in favor. I hate exercising only because I hate doing it by myself. Before I moved, me and my sister used to exercise together every day. All my friends are lazy fucks and I can't find someone who will be like 'hey let's go for a walk' or hey let's go lift some weights'
>>
File: 1442565643403.png (125KB, 432x504px) Image search: [Google]
1442565643403.png
125KB, 432x504px
>>35736244
>semen protons
>>
File: 5638499229794.jpg (48KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
5638499229794.jpg
48KB, 640x640px
6' 260lbs fatty here, would love to be E-adopted.

would prolly help with motivation knowing I would let someone else down if u fucked up, also general advice would be gr8.

any takers?
>>
I adopted my sister who's been on several diets and goes to a nutritionist and everything. It's also not like my mom buys bad food because I eat the same thing and I've never been as big as her. My brother is a lanklet who buys donuts and pizza regularly, and my other sister dances. Also she only gets like 20 bucks allowance. So I put her on Keto and she walks at like 3.5 mph on the treadmill, and has fuckarounditis in the gym regarding lifting things, but she got hurt and the doc told her to not do any strenuous activity for 2ish weeks.

She was 244 at 5'8ish and now she's 238 after 3 days.

I've tried convincing her to take progress pics, consider the routine I made for her, to keep track of her progress on myftnesspal or set a goal but she says those don't work for her. Anything that motivated ex-fatties or stuff you guys used to get on and stay on track is helpful. I cooked her meals early on, bought a bunch of low carb food that was easy to prepare (a lot of it is microwavable and I even got shit like diet soda and sugar free crystal light to make life easy), and educated my mom on how to cook for her. Anything else I can do?
>>
Femanon here 230 pounds.
I am in favor of adopt a fattie and if you adopt me and get me into shape, there might be a reward for you.
>>
>>35730393
I've tried this. A few years ago after I started working out and actually started to look good my 280lb cousin wanted to know my "secret" so I offered to take her to the gym and help plan a diet for her. Here's a few highlights of that experience.

>asked how much extra she could eat if she was taking creatine because it "raises metabolism"
>anon alcohol doesn't have calories your body can't process it.
>I don't think your calorie calculations for me are right, why would I get 1000 less than you just because I'm a girl?
>can I get rid of my fupa if I just do hip abductions?
>anon I can't go to the gym because they don't make workout clothes in my size
>the gym is a sexist place anon it's built completely for men, I think I'll try Curves!
>I'm sorry anon but a person with my social life can't be expected to eat like you eat, when you're with friends you've got to have fun you know?

After that last one I stopped trying.
>>
File: 1449287937340.jpg (38KB, 284x384px) Image search: [Google]
1449287937340.jpg
38KB, 284x384px
>>35742735
>targeted weight loss
utter retardation
>>
>>35741732
I can adopt you as my wife
>>
>>35748076
>You can't join without a HS diploma.
You can still drop out of the core
>>
>>35750529

Try using the smith machine first to get a feel for it.
>>
>>35751201
>her

There is the problem right there.
>>
>>35751108
Timestamp or GTFO.
>>
>>35751108
>implying you would be able to service a guy better than another guy
>>
>>35742538
>red hair color
Are you feminist by any chance? Or weird? Because if not, welcome to Texas!
>>
>>35751108
Will adopt
>>
>>35750892
How would I apt you
>>
File: lao-tzu-depression-anxiety.jpg (40KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
lao-tzu-depression-anxiety.jpg
40KB, 400x400px
>>35744437
When the student is ready the teacher will appear. You don't need to go looking. When someone is ready they will find what they need.
>>
>>35751717
we could swap throwaway Skype or if you have steam?

won't be able to add you til I get home from work
>>
File: iguana_sleep.jpg (183KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
iguana_sleep.jpg
183KB, 1024x768px
5'2
150 pounds
cut out soda, lost about 10 just from that in a month
I can't control myself when my family brings junk food home though, what do teachers?
>>
>>35752524
Harass them into stop buying junk food. It's not good for them either.
>>
File: 1453230898258.gif (1021KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1453230898258.gif
1021KB, 500x375px
>>35742538
>>
File: 1442720348776.jpg (12KB, 240x196px) Image search: [Google]
1442720348776.jpg
12KB, 240x196px
>>35730393
I have done this a few times already, mostly with my friends, it's always the same,

(excuse the blog)

>"Anon, can you show me some gym stuff"
>show them the basic lifts, recommend they start on SL, and to look up IF for a good eating structure
>2 weeks in and they suddenly get too busy to gym, and any form of diet is out the window

but,

>4 months ago, notice a new face in the gym, 5'6 fatty roaming, following no specific routine, just going from machine to machine.
>a month in and hes still there, roaming, no pattern to his workouts, ie he's just aimlessly doing what he feels like, but he's got the motivation to actually do something
>approach him, tell him if he needs some guidance, or wants someone to show him a cool routine he must join me
>the following monday hes in the rack with me
>its been 3 months and the fatty is still doing PPL with me, albeit missing a session here and there
>constantly asking questions
>increasing his lifts
>dropping weight

>"Anon, i just want to get as ripped as you"
>"No, aim higher"

>"Anon, what do you think about X supplement"
>"Why do you want to supplement a shitty diet? Eat meat, and fresh veggies, cut out all your sugars, and refined carbs, when your weight loss stalls, i'll teach you about counting calories"

>"Anon, when does it stop hurting?"
>"Dude, it never stops hurting, you just become more of a masochist"

It feels like it should be a right of passage for every /fit/izen to go through, passing the torch so to speak.

>mfw i'm "ripped" at 206lb 15% bf
>>
>>35751721
all three of them came to me, asking for help.
>>
>>35743428
skipping is mostly used by fighters to condition them to bouncing around on their feet. It's not good cardio compared to running/swimming/cycling
>>
>>35730393
>helping someone be as good or better than me at anything
yeah no
>>
File: 1430845252104.jpg (94KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
1430845252104.jpg
94KB, 500x475px
>>35734538
>I hate having to eat so much xD

What you saying, you stupid mudderfuck I fuck you right now okayu?
>>
>>35745266
avocado is great every once in a while (maybe once a week, tops).

Limit your coffee intake to 2x a day if you're using a lot of milk

And finally, get in the habit of tracking what you eat, use myfitnesspal or cronometer
>>
>>35745266
keep it simple diet wise. load up on all the vegetables, and lean meats, get carbs from lentils and beans, and stick too water and black coffee.
>>
File: image.jpg (168KB, 634x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
168KB, 634x600px
>>35737211
This is so wrong, yet so right
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 620x622px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 620x622px
>>35739565
>>
>>35753173
You sound more like you entered husbando mode. Aka Steve/Justin mode
>>
File: 1450400638808.png (147KB, 466x383px) Image search: [Google]
1450400638808.png
147KB, 466x383px
>>35753173
>"Anon, i just want to get as ripped as you"
>"No, aim higher"

Godspeed. I hope he makes it.
>>
>>35753698
once i'm done with my cut i'll let you know via cbt

>>35753814
i hope so too
>>
>>35741562
brought tears to my eyes. Thanks anon.
>>
>>35741562
Too good to be true

made up/10
>>
File: dindunuffins.png (3MB, 3008x3008px) Image search: [Google]
dindunuffins.png
3MB, 3008x3008px
>>35751467

>core

Wtf are you talking about? You sign a contract, you cannot leave the Corps unless you get medically discharged early. You cannot de facto quit in boot camp. I saw some turd kid try that and they didn't let him quit sadly.
Thread posts: 177
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.