[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been training for 9 months, doing SS then switching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10

File: why.jpg (39KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
39KB, 550x550px
I've been training for 9 months, doing SS then switching to Texas method after stalling, and other than becoming a bit of a fat fuck I notice my chest is really small, much smaller than I'd like it to be. Should I continue doing Texas and drinking the strength training kool-aid with all these ridiculous olympic lifts or should I move to more more volume in chest, doing sets of 4x12 on bench and more chest exercises? Please help me, I'm depressed over this. No pics because I can't retrieve any right now.
>>
File: 100301_front.jpg (135KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
100301_front.jpg
135KB, 480x640px
Another SS victim

you got trolled OP, I'm sorry
>>
File: 1452974431673.png (17KB, 418x359px) Image search: [Google]
1452974431673.png
17KB, 418x359px
>doing SS for 9 months
lmao
>>
Do dips on your ohp days, do pushups everyday
>>
>>35699019

I'm doing dips and incline bench wherever I can squeeze them in, and I'm also doing the 100 pushup challenge program on my rest days. Don't think it's enough though, I mean on intensity day you literally do just 5 reps. Come on.
>>
>>35698937
Post stats faggot
>>
>>35698973
that guy made a cut and looked pretty good

also he's a true GOMAD victim, not just SS.
>>
>>35699043

This is what I finished SS with:

Squat 116 kg 3x5
Bench 84 kg 3x5
Deadlift 134 kg 1x5
Press 52 kg 3x5
PC 66 kg 5x3

182 cm, 84 kg
>>
About the dips, do the seated dips work the chest too?
>>
Please help me guys, seriously. I'll post a pic if you want.

>>35699043
>asks for stats
>doesn't respond
>>
bump, PLEASE help
>>
File: After year.jpg (501KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
After year.jpg
501KB, 1536x2048px
>>35698937
Listen man it takes time.
Here, this is what I looked like after a year of recomping and strength training-like shit but I built a base.
>>
File: CBTbaybay.jpg (289KB, 1620x720px) Image search: [Google]
CBTbaybay.jpg
289KB, 1620x720px
>>35699403
after 2 years, cutting and most BB style stuff.
That's about a year ago now
>>
>>35699419

BB style like a brosplit?
>>
>>35698998
How long should you do SS then?

Especially if you're an aushwitz?
>>
>>35699443
Nah, push pull split, heavy compound, plus accessories.
I'm doing a sorta bro split right now and for the next couple months to target some specific stuff.
>>
>>35699419
Stats pls?
>>
>>35699533

Can you give me your push pull routine with sets and reps?
>>
>>35699580
For now? or like then?
I gain a lot of strength when I bulk, and lose a ton when I cut.
>>35699696
I cant really because I do different stuff everyday.
I follow a general framework but I train by feel.
>>
>>35699724

I guess I'll do the same. What's your framework though?
>>
>>35698937
>Should I continue doing Texas and drinking the strength training kool-aid with all these ridiculous olympic lifts or should I move to more more volume in chest

You're not olympic lifting (just saying).

If you're not decently strong, then no amount of high volume work is going to get you anywhere.

If you're still gaining strengt on TM, then just add some chest isolation work, or some wide grip dips if you really want to feel better about your tits.
>>
>>35699724
>>35699580
I guess my best lifts are
275 bench, 555 deadlift, 455 squat.
But the bench is misleading because I honestly wasn't benching properly till a couple months ago and have added like 40 pounds to my bench in less than a month.

However I'm currently finishing up a 3week minicut so my strength is in the toilet.
>>
>>35699740
>If you're not decently strong, then no amount of high volume work is going to get you anywhere.

This is bullshit since I see a lot of guys lifting less than me and looking good in the gym while I lift more than them but look like shit
>>
>>35699762
>This is bullshit since I see
You don't know shit.

What is their background? Do they have a strength base? Did they come from a sporting background? Are they running gear? Do they just have lower bodyfat?

All variables aside, quit checking out all the cute boys at the gym and do some lifting, maybe.
>>
>>35699736
Basically my push pull legs split looks like this
push is chest, side and front delts, and tris.
pull is back, traps, rear delts and bis.

Framework looks like, heavy compound(bench for push, pendlay row for pull) in some rep scheme never higher than 5 reps unless cutting, then maybe assistance to that compound, chain bench, regular rows, etc
then lots of accessories.

Legs, currently I pause squat, front squat with bands, and do sumo deadlift speed pulls, but thats all to fix issues I have with tipping in my squat.
In the past I would just come in and squat for a full leg workout, just triples. Max maybe once a week or once everytwo weeks, now less for legs, more for bench.
Idk I just train by feel.
>>
>>35699789

Thanks bro.
>>
>>35699783

Perfect example of the SS mentality.

OP you got trolled, hard. I'm sorry. You could have looked great after 6 months, instead /fit/ had you do a retarded routine because the 4chan demographic is eternally contrarian and so can't ever accept the received wisdom.

Trust me, the 17 year olds you see with abs and bieber tier bodies aren't on gear, nor do they have a 'strength base.' They just did a goddamned hypertrophy split rather than fucking around earning their stripes on a strength programme.

I'm sorry - you don't deserve to be shamed by a useless attention whore tripfag, but realise it isn't about you - that guy did SS as well, and he needs to justify it to himself. Hence the rage, the gay allusions.
>>
File: SS and TM results anon from fit.jpg (108KB, 333x483px) Image search: [Google]
SS and TM results anon from fit.jpg
108KB, 333x483px
>>35698937

TM is not a routine, it's a program that you use to build YOUR OWN routine.

So if you feel your chest is lagging behind and you don't wanna do oly lifts, take them out of your routine. There are plenty of TM routines that do not include any oly lifts or variations, just look at the chapter on PPST.
>>
>>35701625

What's an example of a hypertrophy split?
>>
File: gym bros.jpg (71KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
gym bros.jpg
71KB, 720x960px
>>35699783
>What is their background?

They're 18 year old kids.

>Do they have a strength base?

No, like I said I lift way more than them. But they're always lifting for more reps (usually 12), more sets, and always lifting slowly and methodically.

>Are they running gear?

It's possible but if I posted their pics on /fit/ they would say "no".

>Do they just have lower bodyfat?

Not only do they have lower bodyfat than me, they also have bigger muscles.

>All variables aside, quit checking out all the cute boys at the gym and do some lifting

Thanks for the sage advice, chief. I mean it's not like I've been busting my ass in the gym lifting hard this past year or anything.

Pic related, it's the guy on the right. Guy on the left mentored him, I think I'll ask him for advice too.
>>
>>35702943

pic is old as shit btw
>>
>>35698937
Do dumbbell flyes you dumbbell

>he doesnt watch scooby the chest king's chest videos
>>
>>35698937
Why do you need our fucking permission to do something different with your training? Try it out, for fuck's sake, and see if it works for you. What do you have to lose, other than a few weeks of slightly-sub-optimal gains?

You're never gonna make it if you keep needing other people to dictate every bit of your training.
>>
>>35703045

Why reinvent the wheel? Might as well tell me to invent calculus on my own. There's been at least 60 years of bodybuilding experience and what works in the weight room, every day giving another datapoint for literally millions of people. We should know what works by now.

>What do you have to lose, other than a few weeks of slightly-sub-optimal gains?

The catch is people usually tell you to stick with a program for a longer period to see the results.
>>
>>35703108

You'll soon realise that /fit/ is geninuely retarded

you can't ask them for help with routines,

you can't tell them the routines they've given are shit

all you can do is endless sqauts
>>
>>35703785

So where do I find good routines then? Bodybuilding.com?
>>
>>35698937
I´m just doing GSLP with added stuff that i feel i need to work on.
>>
>>35698937
Why can't people think for themselves? If you've done a few months of startng strength and you want to add more volume for your chest, then why not? Why not just modify the program? It's similar to how people think you have to drink a whole gallon of milk a day to take advantage of SS, instead of just using milk as a way to reach your caloric surplus in addition to other foods.
>>
File: cb20160121.jpg (417KB, 617x1024px) Image search: [Google]
cb20160121.jpg
417KB, 617x1024px
>>35705967

So just keep doing Texas with accessories? Why not change to Push/Pull and a more "hypertrophy" rep scheme?

OP here, here's a pic of me btw. Very generous lighting, also sucking in my gut.
>>
bump, come on bros
>>
>>35706247
you look pretty good desu senpai
>>
>>35698937
Scoobs and Arnold say that flies are good for chest, and theirs are massive.
>>
>>35699086
>Doing Texas Method at fucking 116kg squat
>>
>>35707408
>being an ego lifter

I've run out of steam on the LP and reset 3 times already. I don't have the facilities to squat that safely either and how much I squat isn't that important to me.
>>
>>35698937
>all these olympic lifts
There are only 2 olympic lifts
>>
>>35706247
Fuck you OP, you almost got me

Since I'm also doing SS and approching your stats, and have nearly same height and weight

You look good for 9 month lifting you cuck, cure your fucking unrealistic expectation

your body just confired that I'm on the right track, I'm gonna definitly do TM after I hit 140-150kg DL, 120-130 squats, 80-90 bnch, 50-55 OHP and 65-75 PWClean. I'm gonna be there in 1 -2 month
>>
>>35708028
Shouldn't your power clean be higher than that?
>>
>>35708243
power clean always have been aroun half my deadlift, and my deadlift is still weak (125kg at the moment with a 60kg pwc)
>>
>>35708454

To be honest family it should be higher

I'm at 125/200
>>
File: 1437694371274.png (7KB, 356x274px) Image search: [Google]
1437694371274.png
7KB, 356x274px
>>35699419
I love you anon. You give me (wide hips fag) a hope for better future.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.