[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name 1 thing objectively wrong with this routine which is pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: perfect routine.jpg (115KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
perfect routine.jpg
115KB, 1080x1080px
Name 1 thing objectively wrong with this routine which is pretty much identical to the one in the sticky.

Pro tip: you can't.
>>
>3x5
>not 5x5
ishygddt
>>
it's just a worse version of SS. what you think will give you more gainzZz (the dips and extra deadlifts) will just make you stall much sooner in the linear progression. the biceps curls won't kill you.
>>
>>35695877
A 3x5 deadlift as a beginner is stupid. Do the 1x5 in the program you mong.
YNDTP
>>
>>35695909
>>35695928
3x5 deadlift at lower weight will give better ab gains.
>>
>>35695928
>A 3x5 deadlift as a beginner is stupid
nah, but it's stupid on SS. depends on the rest of the routine.
>>
>>35695877
There is no cardio or core work. Cardio is nessisary for heart health (don't fall for the cardio killz gainz meme), and ab work keeps your back from being overdeveloped in comparison with your abs, so you avoid pelvic tilts
>>
You might as well do 5x5 on your main lifts as beginner. I don't get the point of starting at 3x5.
>>
>>35695877
>a maximum of 30 reps of bench press in an entire week
>expecting to make any kind of gains this way
>>
>>35695945
You idiot abs are made by eating at a defecit. Not by doing extra deadlifts. If you are so worried about abs do some crunches every other workout. Deadlifts are not an exercise you do at light weight for hypertrophy. They are meant to be done heavy and build up body mass, i recommend you at least read up a little before you make arbitrary changes to a program that works.
>>
>>35695945
>>35695985
Meant For
>>35695935
>>
You needlessly add bicep curls but no tricep extentions?
>>
>>35695973
there's no point in doing 5x5. you're not adding more than 5lbs to the bar anyway. in theory you could start at a reasonable weight, do 5x5 until just before you stall and then switch to 3x5, but why? it won't last long and you're not making more gains. 3x5 is enough to drive progress for quite a while, and by the time something like 5x5 is necessary for further progress you're already lifting enough weight that you can't do 5x5 3 times a week. you're an intermediate then and will move on to a different routine.
>>
>>35695985
Umm, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. I can't believe you typed all this out.
>>
>>35695985
Deadlifts can be done for volume, though not ideal for a beginner, I agree.

>abs are made eating at a deficit
No, abs are made visible by eating at a deficit. Abs are made by exercising them, whether with your compounds or with isolation work.
>>
>>35696020
triceps are heavily involved in both bench and press. SS isn't lacking in triceps work. you could make a case for curls
>>
>>35696028
You will make faster progress doing 5x5 and you have a betrer chance to learn the movements, but I guess you are right that it doesn't matter in the long-run.

>>35696020
His triceps are going to be overdeveloped compared to his biceps on this routine anyway, adding the extension will exacerbate that. Curls are fine if he wnats to do them for women.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.