[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I get blisters at the gym all the time it prevents me from lifting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: blistersonblisters.jpg (19KB, 700x469px) Image search: [Google]
blistersonblisters.jpg
19KB, 700x469px
I get blisters at the gym all the time it prevents me from lifting heavy

>any tips on preventing
>> no gloves, gloves are for pussies
>>
gloves dont actually stop that from happening, if anything it makes it worse.

you need to just learn how to grip the bar properly
>>
suck it up pussy
>>
Use chalk to prevent blisters
Don't use fucking gloves
Also start reworking from a lower weight on things such as farmer's walks to tighten your grip which minimizes the amount the bar can move, thus preventing blisters.
>>
Looser grip, maybe some chalk
>>
>>35690096
This.
I have a friend who deadlifted 170kg and he talked about how his hands hurt and it sucks, and I had to teach him how to grip the bar.

Look up "Mark Ripple - gripping bar"
>>
>>35690084
You're holding the bar wrong. Your skin where that big blister is in the pic should not be pinched under the bar. The bar should lay across the first joint in your fingers.

For deadlifts. You shouldn't be getting blisters from any other lift.
>>
>>35690109
this

blisters are a sign of wrong grip. Mostly people using a pull grip for push lifts and vice versa. You will get some callouses but not much, and not in the middle of your hand.
>>
>>35690106
this
is not about gloves, its the chalk
>>
>>35690146
Yeah the temptation is to let the skin on your hand bunch up under the thing your lifting because that's how you likely lifted couches and boxes Before you started weight training. It makes up for an underdeveloped grip by taking some of the weight off your fingers and works fine until you start lifting heavy, at which point the pinching becomes damaging.
>>
>>35690107
thanks this helped
>>
get this
>>
>>35690232
This is an expensive way to say "I'm a huge faggot" at the gym
>>
>>35690243
bro they are like 13 bucks on amazon
>>
>>35690232
Why wouldn't you just use straps. Anybody who is lifting heavy enough to use those but doesnt know enough about deadlifting to understand how useless those are, is gonna snap their shit
>>
>>35690260
You could do it for free though
>>
>>35690084
Ex-gymnast here.

Here's what we did when we got blisters from high bar and rings
>cut off skin
>put on betadine (any disinfectant is fine really)
>put on sports tape
>continue training
You'll get great callouses in a couple months and you then don't have to worry about blisters.
>>
Why are gloves for "pussies" I never understood this thought. Are belts for "pussies" too then. How is not fucking up your body when your attempting to gain maximum potential... Being a pussy? Smh
>>
File: 1452921457706.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1452921457706.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>35690545
Belts don't prevent back injury
They just make the lift slightly easier giving you something to brace against keeping you tight
Gloves are just a personal preference if you don't like calluses
No big deal
>>
>>35690107
>Look up "Mark Ripple - gripping bar"
I have no blisters at all since I watched it. And had a lot when I started. Am deadlifting 4,5 pl8s at the moment. But you have to understand it too. My friend just can't get it just after watching it.
>>
>>35690084
>gloves are for pussies
>complaining about blisters

Wear gloves.
>>
Keep on grinding your hands will get harder
>>
>>35690595
this, and stop being a bitch. Farmerwalks, frame carries, static holds... Just keep working your grip and your hands will get used to the rough treatment!
>>
YOU ARE HOLDING THE BAR WRONG
>>
>>35691625
Also forgot to mention, use a razor and carefully shave of excess skin layers that u will get on your calluses, to prevent your skin from ripping of chunks of built up Hardened skin! do it in the showers or when you hand is wet.
>>
i have small hands
>>
>>35690084
Used to get the same from playing cricket as a kid, I don't really get them any more but the skin there is super thick now
>>
>>35690560
yo belts are for hernias
>>
File: 1451930410005.png (378KB, 500x520px) Image search: [Google]
1451930410005.png
378KB, 500x520px
>>35690084
Learn to hold a bar properly, you fucktard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZBmiQm4MF4
You're welcome
>>
>>35691667
Can confirm, crossfit teacher did this.
>>
>>35690084
chalk.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.