[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/ long time no see I'll try to keep it short. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: Picture_unrelated.jpg (171KB, 684x474px) Image search: [Google]
Picture_unrelated.jpg
171KB, 684x474px
Hey /fit/ long time no see

I'll try to keep it short. I used to frequent 4chan a lot back in my youth. When I was 16-20 I spent a lot of time here, frequenting /fit/ and /tv/ a lot. I worked out sporadically and eventually got a not so skinny fat physique (semi-otter mode) and was content. Then I transferred to university, got cool new friends, got a girlfriend and started living the normie life, completely forgetting about /fit/, 4chan, and our lord and savior Zyzz.

When I turned 21 I started drinking really heavily, to the point it started affecting my body pretty adversely. My girlfriend and I had a bad breakup about a year ago and it sent me into a pretty bad (beer fueled) depression and I've ballooned up to 220 lbs (5' 11" and the weight is all fat).

I know how /fit/ feels (or at least used to feel) about alcohol and I know you guys are against it. However, I really feel like I need alcohol to function in my daily life. I feel like most of the weight gain has been due to me drinking beer and I was wondering if there are any other alcoholic anons out there who managed to keep their vice while still being able to get /fit/. I don't want to quit drinking at this point seeing how as every other drug I've tried I didn't like too much and the stress of school and life in general (I've got some other personal shit going on unrelated to my ex). So are there any success stories or tips on losing weight while still drinking?

tl;dr Can I become even somewhat /fit/ while still drinking every day? What kind of alcohols and advice would /fit/ recommend for an alcoholic that is at least trying to change his body for the better somewhat?
>>
Switch to whiskey as your primary. Starve yourself with carrots and fruits and salad and calorie counting madness and you can lose weight while still having 5 or 6 shots a night.
>>
>>35688844
Oh yeah, no mixers. Straight, mizuwari, or on the rocks.

Keep the food at ~1000 calories and you can fit in a ton of alcohol.
>>
>>35688866
Would a diet coke mixer (or even chaser) do any real damage towards weight loss? The only whiskey I can afford on a regular basis would be something like Old Crow AKA rotgut shit
>>
>>35688800
Try and cut back a bit. Alcohol has much more of an adverse effect on your body then just adding empty calories and fat. Figure out a healthy/clean diet; if you're drinking shit, eat proper.

Also checked.
>>
Admit you have a problem, not a new need, and quit being an alcoholic or switch to pot.

Or just wait until you get that massive life-shattering wake up call that you're a POS and change out of necessity. I did it this way and I do not reccomend. Like by the letter you sound like me two years ago.
>>
>>35688923
I'll and that my first suicide attempt was after polishing off a litre in one night.
>>
>>35688903
I know it's not good for me (even beyond calories in/calories out) but it seems like nothing truly enjoyable ever is. I've been taking milk thistle which I've heard from a few different people mitigates at least a little damage to the liver so I might as well ask while I'm here if that's true.

Also, "checked"? Like I said I'm not on 4chan at all anymore so I don't understand a lot of the new memes
>>
>>35688923
I realize I have a problem but I also have it under control. I'm not exactly excelling in life but I'm keeping it between the lines which is more than most can say.

I feel like it's a vicious cycle. I started drinking so much cause my ex did. Then I got fat, got depressed and shitty, we broke up which caused me to drink even more. And now that I'm fat and alone it just makes me want to drink more. I hope if I can see some results in a few months it might let me bounce back a little bit and I won't feel the need to drink as much (or at all) but right now it's legitimately the only thing keeping me sane. If I can get down to 200 and at least fit into some of my old clothes again I'd be so fucking happy.
>>
>>35688980
A functioning alcoholic is still an alcoholic, I think you've chosen the second option and I'm really sorry to hear that.
>>
>>35688940
Also, like I said, other drugs just aren't fun for me. Pot makes me even more depressed.
>>
>>35689000
I don't mean to pry but can you maybe tell me your story? You don't need to go into details if you don't want to. And sorry if I'm overstepping my bounds by asking you to share.
>>
>>35689014
>highschool sweeheart, 4 years total
>broke up at 20 because of sex
>dead cat bounce with a horrible fucking end the summer before 21
>turn 21
>drink a shit ton, assualt roomates, come back home covered in blood once or twice, picked up by cops for sleeping in streets twice all on different nights
>summer comes along and I spend most of it alone, one FWB I see every once and a while
>get smashed one night and cut the fuck out of my wrist while ordering an exit bag
>wake up in the mental ward signing waivers and shit

Sorry on mobile
>>
>>35689095
Forgot to add that I maintained a 3.7 GPA while working 10-15 hours a week. Drank 3-4 nights a week, all being 500mL-1L+ of hard liquor. Very functional.
>>
>>35689095
It's cool, I appreciate it.

And yeah, I think you're right. I haven't gotten that bad yet but I have been alienating a few people lately and I know that can't be good if it keeps up. I'll try again tomorrow and see if I can't stay away
>>
>>35689124
>3.7 gpa
In what major? Could be good or bad
>>
>>35689146
BSN at a top-teir school. NCLEX pass rate that around 100%. I just study biology now. Shit fell apart real bad.
>>
>>35688899
"rotgut" as a term is meaningless. If you can only afford cheap whiskey, get used to it. Add a healthy handful of ice or a dash of water if you don't like the flavor.

It would help to do a fair amount of cardio as well. I lost 10 lbs, but converted more than 20lbs of fat to the same amount of muscle, by doing HIIT w/ body weight exercises + cardio at a local gym 5 days a week. If you can be disciplined enough to drink every day, you can surely be disciplined enough to work out hard so that you can drink and not be a fat slob.
>>
>>35689224
Oh and a squeeze of citrus or a dash of bitters can also go a long way.
>>
I have the same thing with cigarettes. Cant quit, dont want to quit, I'd rather die (and I will) than quit.

Cardio is a struggle, but you can always overcome.
>>
>>35689224
Ice isn't an option since I don't have a working freezer but a water chaser probably wouldn't be too bad.

Also, I don't think I've ever put citrus in whiskey. What do you recommend?

If I fail >>35688923 's advice I will definitely be following this regimen
>>
>>35689262
OP here I also smoke ~1 pack a day of menthols so I know that feeling too.
>>
>>35688943
fun fact: chronic alcohol abuse will make you depressive. you're making life miserable for yourself. also after a few days of continuous drinking your body is unable to absorb any micronutrient. right now you are most likely deficient in almost every vitamin there is. this doesn't only make your depression worse, no it also makes you literally stupid.
stop drinking. get help.
>>
>>35689307
Is this damage irreparable?
>>
>>35688800
Using alcohol daily to cope is a major problem anon. Especially at your age, life's real stress hasn't even started yet.

There are much better coping mechanisms like lifting or playing sports. Depending on drugs, meds or alcohol will eventually lead to self destruction.

Please free your mind,strengthen your resolve and take back your life. Good luck!
>>
>>35689359
some of it, yes, but if you stop now (or in a few weeks, depending upon whether you have the shakes) you will probably never notice.
>>
>>35689394
Thanks bud. I really do appreciate it.
>>35689413
I tried to quit CT for the new semester and I woke up last night feeling sick with the shakes. I only bought a 6 pack tonight and I'm planning on weaning off slowly.
>>
>>35689475
That's cool. Please seek out medical help if you can. Talk to your family about it. They are probably willing to help you a lot. Oh and avoid contact with your drinking-buddies and the AA, they're both sects Also here's a tapering guide: http://www.hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Good luck, bro.
>>
>>35688899
Man you should be able to afford old grand dad, four roses yellow label or evan williams black, all are bottom shelf bourbons that punch well above their weight and there is no shame in drinking this neat. Old crow used to be good over 30 years ago befor Beam bought them out and fucked with the recipe.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.