[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dangers of drastic cut?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 4y97hJh.jpg (229KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
4y97hJh.jpg
229KB, 1600x1200px
A lot of people seem to shit on the idea of drastic cuts; however, I feel like I'm constantly yoyo-ing. I've been going pretty balls to wall (~1000 calories, IF with 6 hour eating window, only carbs coming from occasional fruit and sweet potatoes). As long as I keep lifting, am I JUST going to fuck my shit up?

5'9" and 180 pounds, trying to escape being a fatass. I haven't really had many problems so far. First two weeks were rough, but cravings for most carbs, sugar and other bullshit are mostly gone. I know that this isn't long time, but if I can hang on for two or three months, am I risking anything as long as I get my protein?
>>
*long-term, fuck
>>
>>35685862
If you need to lose a lot of fat, muscle loss is unavoidable. But you can make it up later.

Just make sure you're actually eating healthy. ~1000 kcal is pretty low, so if you're getting it from shit sources you'll be doubly fucked.
>>
>1000 calories

jesus christ man... anyways, you should be fine however at some point in the near future you will probably have an energy crash. keep protein high, maybe refeed once a week if you feel like it you should be fine.

caffeine will probably be your bestfriend when the energy loss hits too
>>
Consider refeed days because you'll be tired as fuck after a week or two once your glycogen stores run dry. I cut too hard and ended up having to eat above maintenance a couple days just to get my energy back.
>>
Make sure you eat lots of veggies and protein so you get all the nutrients and shit your body needs. Also lift hard to reduce muscle loss because although you will lose muscle on a 1000 calorie a day cut you can make it negligible if you eat enough protein and lift like a motherfucker.

Also don't refeed or any other bullshit unless you feel like death. You've already cheated on your diet and now is the time to pay your debt.
>>
File: 1450852794869.jpg (16KB, 458x458px) Image search: [Google]
1450852794869.jpg
16KB, 458x458px
***long term dangers include: drowning in pussy, memory loss of all the niggaz who said you wouldn't make it, blurred vision from a bright fuckin future
>>
>>35685862
You'll make rapid fat loss progress with negligible muscle loss if you do it correctly. I'd recommend Lyle McDonald's rapid fat loss guide. You're not going to fuck yourself up m8, but you WILL feel like utter shit here and there.
>>
>>35685862
People WAY overstate the danger of a low calorie cut. Just get enough proteins and fats (you need those, not carbs) and take a multivitamin to ensure you don't get deficient in anything, and you're good. If your lifts plummet though, stop the cut ASAP because that means you're losing muscle.

Contrary to popular belief, your body hates metabolizing muscle due to the crazy amount of energy needed to build it, so anybody who says you're gonna go catabolic is just a meme bro.
>>
>>35687489
Also caffeine is your friend, because your energy will be shit. Just stop all caffeine intake at least six hours before bed and you should be good.
>>
File: 1443745296902.png (21KB, 721x455px) Image search: [Google]
1443745296902.png
21KB, 721x455px
Not OP, but I'm going to start my 5th 21 day DNP cycle in attempt to cut from 8% to 5% of bf.
I lift every every day consuming ~120 protons and eating around my TDEE right now.
So what is the plan in my case? I'm thinking about eating around TDEE - 1k cal and keeping the same amount of daily protons which probably will limit my diet to protein shakes at work and just chicken breast with veggies at home after the workout. How should I lift? Keep the same routine or modify it somehow to save as much muscle volume and strength as possible?
>>
>>35687429

This is what I needed to hear today. 3 weeks in on a 1700 calorie cut about -1000 below maint...thank you senpai we r all gonna make it to Valhalla
>>
I have a cheat day every saturday evening. about 1300-1500 calories a day. lift everyday and cardio Sunday. Cheat day is just 2 pints of ben and jerrys and then diarrhea. all day i may
>>
>>35687823
I lift, I die, I lift again.
>>
>>35687537
did you do 250mg 21 days? if so, how were your results the first time?

i've literally been researching and on the fence about this for 2+ months. it's to the point where i know pretty much all sources and where to get it but i just want to hear more anecdotal experiences
>>
>>35688044
All my cycles were 21d 500mg with 1k deficit
Results were quite good, but I think /fit/ is already tired hearing about them. I've managed to cut from 225 to 150lbs (I'm 6'0) after three cycles, eating at TDEE inbetween.
I would never take for more than 3 weeks at any dosage, but I guess it's up to you
>>
>>35688090
oh lol are you the guy who did the scooby dumbbell routine after you did your cycles? this sounds familiar to me
>>
>>35685862
I dont like drastic cuts like your OP because for my mind its dangerous psychologically on par with yo-yo dieting, I keep it at a level where it feels like im only eating a little less whilst making the low calorie options to keep serving sizes simmilar.

I have pretty much the same stats as you, but coming of a 6 month bulk, and have been eating 1600-1800 calories a day and working out 6 days a week for an hour and a half (3x weights, 3x cardio)
Im six weeks in and on goal for 10kg in 12 weeks.

I did the same last year and dropped 12kg in 12 and mantained it since then, BTW Im also doing IF with a 7 hour window.

I guess my main point is that consider if going hard/crash dieting short term may lead to diet relapse and weight gain, some people have the strength others dont. I didnt want to set myself up for failure and took a more conservative approach and its worked.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.