[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>How can I minimize fat while on a bulk? Aside from not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

>How can I minimize fat while on a bulk? Aside from not eating 4000+ cals?
>>
Either bulk slowly, aim to gain like .3-.5 pounds/week or eat like you normally would on a bulk but do cardio too.
>>
Eat clean, avoid getting too many calories from carbs or alcohol.

But mostly, just measure your daily cals at about +500 of what you use, rather than much more than that.
>>
lift
>>
>>35674203

>restricting calories from carbs

Carbs are extremely important when actually trying to build muscle.
>>
>>35674220
Explain
>>
>>35674268

Carbohydrates give the energy needed to cause appropriate damage to the muscle. Also carbs create an insulin spike, which increases the absorption of amino acids by your muscle cells.
>>
You could do a slow bulk.

I also think things like sprinting and power movements will help shift your weight gain balance a little more in favor of muscle (maybe from 50-50 to 60-40 or something, I'm just guessing).
>>
>>35674203
250*
500 is too big of a surplus. You can only gain about .5 lbs of muscle per week lifting. AKA 250 surplus per day
>>
>>35674268
Carbs also increase glycogen in muscles, meaning they have more energy to lift the appropriate weight. When you cut your muscles are weaker due to not having enough energy to burn which is why its very hard to make strength gains on a deficit.
>>
>>35674484
You are assuming all surplus calories are used in growing muscle. The body does not work that way.

A 250 calorie surplus would be a gain of .25-.35 lbs of muscke per week, with the remainder being fat.
A 500 calorie surplus would be a gain of about .5 lbs or muscle per week, with the remainder being fat.
>>
>>35674171
You can't, there's literally no way to maximize gains without gaining fat, it's the way we evolved, deal with it like everyone else does.
>>
>>35674545
I know it's anecdotal, but in my experience that's not true. In the last three months I put on 5 kg whyle staying at the same bodyfat (10%) and I'm not a beginner
>>
>>35674171
Cardio.
>>
eat at maintenance and add a double scoop protein shake made with milk once or twice a day. don't make the shit more difficult than it needs to be.
>>
>>35674545
>A 250 calorie surplus would be a gain of .25-.35 lbs of muscke per week, with the remainder being fat.
>A 500 calorie surplus would be a gain of about .5 lbs or muscle per week, with the remainder being fat.
Nice unsourced opinions.
>>
>>35674268
Also, trained athletes tend to handle higher amounts of carbohydrates better than higher amounts of fat when over maintenance due to increased glycogen storage among other things.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.