[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sleep/ general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1449875148613.jpg (104KB, 511x428px) Image search: [Google]
1449875148613.jpg
104KB, 511x428px
Talk about sleep
>can't fall asleep edition

What are your tricks for falling asleep?
>>
benadryl
>>
Melatonin
>>
>no caffeine or other stimulants
>no stress
>no workout within three hours of sleepy time
>no light
>cool air in sleeping room
>no bad thoughts/negative spirales

fail all these, then

>go to happy place
>no happy place
>weep

insomnia
>>
>>35672702
Drugs
>>
ZMA's and a nice camomile tea before bed.
I also play thunderstorm music when sleeping, or the skyrim soundtrack.
>>
>>35672702
Read
Outline ideas for future projects, plans, and goals
Doodle.
>>
>>35672764
This. Reading is definetely your best bet without drugs
>>
>>35672726
Me too, but I'm afraid of becoming too dependent on it.
>>
Stick to a regular sleep schedule even when you don't have to.

Use an app/program like f.lux so the light from your monitor doesn't trick your brain into thinking it's still daytime.

Go through a bedtime routine where you get everything out of the way that might keep you up--needing to go to the bathroom, feeling bad about not brushing your teeth, not being comfortable, hydrated, etc. get all of that shit out of the way before getting in bed.

And if you do wake up during the night and you have to go to the bathroom, just get up and go right away because if you have to go bad enough that it woke you up, chances are you're not going to fall asleep any time soon until it's fixed. Same with waking up super thirsty or whatever.

Lying there and trying to fall asleep never works. If anything, lying still and mentally trying not to fall asleep will put you to sleep faster. Try counting backwards from 100. Have ambient music or white noise. Or read. Anything will likely work better than lying there in silence, getting angry that you're still not asleep yet.
>>
No joke, masturbate it works
>>
>>35672702
GHB
>>
>>35672872
Or Xanax
>>35672851
This desu, unless you want to keep your testosterone
>>
99% of the time, my insomnia is caused by not following one of these rules:

1) Wake up 15+ hours before you intend on falling asleep
2) No caffeine within 8+ hours before you intend on falling asleep
3) No naps, unless considerably far behind on sleep
>>
Here is how I fixed my sleep schedule. I'd tried everything above but failed and a lot more.

1. Do an all-nighter
2. Go to sleep around 5-6 pm and if you wake up go back to sleep. Repeat if necessary.
3. If you wake up and the clock is 5-7 am you can finally get up from bed.
4. The following night you'll sleepy around 7pm, which you will go to sleep since your body will need time to readjust it's circadian rhythm.
5. Wake up at 6 am

Seriously, it's this simple. After this try keeping a steady sleep schedule by going to sleep 8-10pm. You will feel a great urge for sleep around those hours for the next days so prepare to get used to it. I don't even have my alarm clock turned on since I wake up everyday around 6-7 am automatically.
>>
>>35672726
> this
>>35672828
> use it to set yourself to a time that works, took me about 2 weeks, then hop off it
>>
f.lux
>>
>>35672702
Heres my one weird trick
Lay down with eyes closed
Imagine looking at myself from a different point of view in the room (Ceiling, lamp, etc...)
Note all the little details (Breathing in and out, where the covers are)
And Im out cold in about 5minutes, doesnt matter on energy, stimulants, stress or anything
Give it a try
>>
>>35673052
This tbqh. Also turning off all screens and read near some yellow light for 30 minutes gets me droopy
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.