[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Burn VS Grow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

Hey /fit/

Is it true that you can't burn fat and grow muscle at the same time? How does that work? What's the order of these processes?

I'm fucking skinny fat and don't know what to do about this.
>>
File: 1452890761964.jpg (14KB, 500x615px) Image search: [Google]
1452890761964.jpg
14KB, 500x615px
>>35672427
no idea.
Will taking 5 scoops of pre workout make me mutant?
pianopls
>>
>>35672427
Yes. It's best explained in Ultimate Diet 2.0 imo. Your metabolism is geared towards retaining fat, and it operates on a pretty strict swing between anabolic and catabolic.
>>
>>35672427
no.
>>
>>35672427

You can burn fat and lose muscle at the same time, no doubts about that.

However, you will need to:
>train hard and often. think at least 5x a week, 1h30-2h each session
>eat a lot of CLEAN food.

as far as dieting go, the paleo diet would be a good one to follow. Only drink water, plenty of meat, plenty of vegetables, no processed food whatsoever.

Also, cardio helps tremendously to burn fat. Eat more to counterbalance the calories used for running
>>
>>35672558
Cool, I will download it. Thanks anon.
>>
>>35672909
The diet itself is pretty extreme.
>>
>>35672569
Not sure if trollin', so...

>>35672641
Do you mean gain muscle, right? Nice guideline, I have REALLY LOW muscle percentage and high BF, I'll start from there.

Thanks for the input.
>>
>>35672938
What do you recommend anon? I'm a total mess.
>>
File: 1452976242189.jpg (404KB, 650x1294px) Image search: [Google]
1452976242189.jpg
404KB, 650x1294px
>>35672427
OP you can gain muscle and burn fat at the same time. When you lift weights you're expending energy, which is fat, and that fat is lost through breathing when in carbon dioxide. Not only that, muscle helps people stay leaner because muscle needs far more energy to sustain itself than fat. Fat is just excess energy being stores by the body. No dad, mom, or broscience in that. Just science. Exercise burns fat, and if you're lifting you'll gain muscle as well. It's all a simultaneous process, but other exercises will definitely be more effective than weight lifting to burn fat away, and others to gain muscle.
>>
>>35673211
https://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/skinny-fat-body-dilemma-bulk-cut
>>
>>35673280
Caveat, Working out damages muscles. Muscles require protein to repair. Protein can be used as energy instead of stored body fat. As such eating a large amount of protein can effect the amount of muscles gained during weight loss.

Additionally because muscles are not using protein as an energy source, and because muscle growth increases water retention, it is possible to gain weight while losing fat, even while eating at a deficit.
>>
>>35673280
In that case I'm gonna concentrate in gaining muscle and the burning part will be a secondary effect.

Thanks for the science and no BS.
>>
>>35672427

wow.

i'm proud /fit/

> OP asks question
> no shitposting
> genuine replies
> OP thanks and leaves and
annnnnd

aaaaannd

>READ THE FUCKING STICKY
>>
>>35673442
So what can I do about that anon? I can't get a solid conclusion out of this...
>>
>>35673836
Figure out your deficit. I suggest 500-800 calories. Eat 2g protein per kg of body-weight. split the remaining calories between fat and carbs.

Don't worry about the scale. Focus on proper diet, and some exercise, you will see the results in the mirror.
>>
>>35673512
Yeah, pretty amazing.

True about the sticky, sorry for not checking it properly.
>>
>>35673836
>>35673863
>skinny fat
Oh hey, forgot that point. You don't even need to cut. Eat maintenance with the same macro breakdown, and exercise. You will look better every day.

Every g of protein that goes towards your muscles will not be used for energy. So you will technically be at a deficit. Losing fat while gaining muscle.
>>
>>35673863
800 kCal per day? Isn't that too low? I mean, for a proper basal metabolism.
>>
>>35673884
>>35673884
OK, I thought there was a specific strategy for skinny fat bodies, good to know.

Thanks, I really appreciate your help anons.
>>
>>35673903
I meant a deficit of 500-800 not 500-800 intake.
>>
The problem is you're up against a biological machine that spent the last 100 million years figuring out how to deal with prolonged starvation. Building muscle is an evolutionary advantage, but it's a risk unlike building fat which up until 100 years ago was a win-win situation. It isn't just that it's harder to build muscle (it is), your body really thinks it's a better idea to build fat as soon as you have excess resources.

The idea behind a bulk is eating a consistent surpluss, and lifting consistently heavy weights. This is essentially convincing your body it's safe and also necessary to build muscle.

Getting your body to both build muscle and burn fat is inherently impossible unless you are a teenager, on roids, or just spent the last 10 years doing no exercise at all.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.