[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will deadlifting correct a minor case of lordosis from adolescent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

Will deadlifting correct a minor case of lordosis from adolescent inactivity and chronic sitting?
>>
>>35653403
I have lordosis
Deadlifting didn't help so much

I am currently focusing on core and glutes related exercises to fix it. Hitting them 2-3 times a week.
>>
yes. if you do it properly its literally weighted "stand up straights". just make sure your spine isnt overextended when you DL

and sitting isn't really the problem, being a weak fuck and not enforcing proper posture throughout the day is

>>35653515
whats ur dl
>>
>>35653545
360lbs x 5 at 280lbs
>>
>>35653704
Your spine is fucked because you're fat as shit
>>
>>35653713
but I am 7'2 so no im not!
>>
>>35653732
Then your spine is fucked due to giant ism
>>
>>35653704
then its a problem of not trying to keep proper posture enough. it wont magically fix itself with flexibility and/or strength.
>>
File: Tight-Psoas-back-pain.jpg (124KB, 497x317px) Image search: [Google]
Tight-Psoas-back-pain.jpg
124KB, 497x317px
It shouldn't, because that's a muscle tightness problem.

Figure out what a neutral posture is (https://youtu.be/yKrEvSoG1kg) and stretch to improve it.
>>
>>35653403
Lordosis is when your lower back is much stronger than your abs. Deads strengthen lower back...
>>
>>35653545
>sitting isn't really the problem
Your whole post is full of it.

See >>35653777
>>
>>35653777
>>35653793
>because that's a muscle tightness problem.
not really, a lot of gymnasts and athletes like that have excessive lordosis and theyre flexible as fuark. besides, just maintaining proper posture throughout the day is a more practical stretch than any isolated stretch.
>>35653786
deads strengthen your abs too. and lordosis is not just muscle strength imbalances
>>
File: 000000.jpg (327KB, 1298x796px) Image search: [Google]
000000.jpg
327KB, 1298x796px
>>35653815
>deads strengthen your abs too. and lordosis is not just muscle strength imbalances

Is it also muscle length? What else contributes to lordosis?
>>
>>35653815
>athletes that are flexible as fuark have this problem
Prove it.

Just because they can get big is no implication that they're flexible, and just because they're "flexible" is no implication that their psoas is.
>>
>>35653830
it's not really a matter of flexibility but a matter of the natural resting position your muscles have accustomed, although they are related.
>>35653836
i was talking about gymnasts and similar athletes who have stretching as a main component of their training. ive seen a lot of them have excessive lordosis with my own eyes.

they train the splits so their psoases are very likely to be pretty damn flexible
>>
>>35653872
>ive seen a lot of them have excessive lordosis with my own eyes.
They can have lordosis poses, even if just from habit. That's no implication that it's their standard posture though.
>>
>>35653903
i've seen them outside practice.

but that's my point, they learn the bad posture. it's more of a bad habit than just sitting reking ur shit up.

related
http://startingstrength.com/resources/forum/mark-rippetoe-q-and-a/62105-sitting-effects-performance-1.html
>>
I have a bit of a forward head problem. What's the best lift for this? I guessed rear delt flyes so I do them twice a week (back day and shoulder day).

I do some stretches as well in the car and when I'm taking a shit, just not sure what's the best thing to do in the gym for this condition.
>>
File: no-homo.jpg (22KB, 175x350px) Image search: [Google]
no-homo.jpg
22KB, 175x350px
How many sets of these would I have to do before I'm attracted to men?
>>
>>35653948
>linking a forum
>without even a resolved discussion
Well, chiropractics would disagree.
http://www.apmct.com/general/hip-pain-the-psoas-and-what-goes-wrong/
>>
>>35653979
stretch the back of your neck
>>
>>35654043
the forum link wasnt really an argument, i just think rippetoe answers the "sitting shortens your hip flexors" thing pretty well.

and the other answers align with my thoughts as well. its not just about sitting, its about being weak and not sitting and standing properly

your link
>second sentence
>these muscles need to fire properly
oh boy.
https://www.t-nation.com/training/rippetoe-goes-off
"What The Hell Does "Not Firing" Mean Anyway?"

rest of it is just "sitting shortens your hip flexors so you need to stretch them" shit
>>
>>35654317
Except, muscles tightening up because of often being positioned where they're slack makes sense.

The best context for the firing properly statement is just a weakest link analogy. That's literally all it's saying, contrasting the opposite with potential pain and being out of shape, sort of like performing simple lifting routines then finding problems with large muscle group exercises.
>>
File: +.png (25KB, 491x661px) Image search: [Google]
+.png
25KB, 491x661px
>>35654239
>>35654317
http://www.drfranklipman.com/the-iliopsoas-group-and-its-role-in-back-pain/
>>
>>35654540
>Except, muscles tightening up because of often being positioned where they're slack makes sense.
not really it doesnt.
>The best context for the firing properly statement is just a weakest link analogy
im not exactly sure what you mean, but if there is a weak link, it will be trained harder than the other links and catch up
>>35654584
thats the same shit you posted before. the just say "sitting shortens things" which doesnt really make sense and give the shitty solutions
>>
>>35654816
>not really it doesnt.
Have you yet to read anything that's being posted about it?

>if there is a weak link, it will be trained harder than the other links and catch up
Psoas exercise is a "pull" motion. Most lifting is pushing, like squats.

>thats the same shit you posted before. the just say "sitting shortens things" which doesnt really make sense and give the shitty solutions
Yet you keep challenging it with absolutely no sources.
>>
File: image.png (124KB, 500x343px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
124KB, 500x343px
>>35654023
In your case, not many brah
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.